Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:24:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17261 times)
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:50:54 PM

I think the answer is yes. If Bitcoin dies then alt coins would also die because they are connected to each other so deeply. maybe in the future situation will be different but now is like that.
I agree with you. Bitcoin is the main crypto for all alt coin. Anyone can exchange alt coin to bitcoin anytime. Otherwise its impossible to make into transfer bitcoin. So if bitcoin die, then there is no survive alt coin.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
eddyhalim

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:54:38 PM

i dont think altcoins will die after bitcoin die, because altcoins doesnt related to bitcoin and they are born more advance to replace bitcoin, so if bitcoin die, altcoins price may drop, and our cryptocurrency market will be a chaos.

hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:10:09 PM

Well, if the whole world and government will ban the transaction of bitcoin maybe it could die. If bitcoin may die, can also mean altcoins will vanish too. Otherwise nothing can replace bitcoin because this is altcoins where from. No bitcoin, No altcoins!
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:20:29 PM

I think the answer is yes. If Bitcoin dies then alt coins would also die because they are connected to each other so deeply. maybe in the future situation will be different but now is like that.
I agree with you. Bitcoin is the main crypto for all alt coin. Anyone can exchange alt coin to bitcoin anytime. Otherwise its impossible to make into transfer bitcoin. So if bitcoin die, then there is no survive alt coin.
Today, we can using Ethereum, Monero, USDT to replace Bitcoin for trading.
However, the pair trading support for these cryptocurrency are lower than the total pair trading of the Bitcoin market.
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:37:15 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
would it be in favor with Altcoin? because obviously and practically, the demand on the market is divided on different coins and it just happened that most of the demand go to Bitcoin that makes its market value more expensive than other coins. and if Bitcoin will die for some unknown reason, I think, the demand that it is having will be moved to altcoins which will be an advantage for it.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:10:27 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
would it be in favor with Altcoin? because obviously and practically, the demand on the market is divided on different coins and it just happened that most of the demand go to Bitcoin that makes its market value more expensive than other coins. and if Bitcoin will die for some unknown reason, I think, the demand that it is having will be moved to altcoins which will be an advantage for it.
Honestly, Bitcoin has an important role in the cryptocurrency world. If Bitcoin will die by some reasons, I don't think it won't affect oter cryptocurrencies because most of the investors think Bitcoin is the king of this world.
ButterfIyonrose

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:59:27 PM

If bitcoin ought to pass away, i then see lots of deaths following the death or let's imagine mass death simply because even currently when bitcoin witness a crash its simply by fall behind that other coins see exactly the same thing with some even getting proportion hit more than bitcoin by itself so let's suppose bitcoin then Inchpasses away", it simply indicates not one other coins might have made it the whole display. I simply picture its a specific coin going through what btc goes via now?
Naruil

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:09:14 PM

The ones who depend on bitcoin will die and the one who depend on ethereum blockchain will not die because that is ethereum and not bitcoin this would work in a good way because then etheruem will be on top and a lot of people will buy it.
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:10:56 PM

Both are online currencies but the preferences are changed if one currency dies it does not mean that the other will also dies because these are now very famous and profitable currencies. If one currency dies the people will shift to other altcoins and the new currencies will also come into the market. Bitcoin is very important and famous everywhere.

alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:14:32 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
Thank you for your answers.
I also think if bitcoin dies because of loss of attraction and consumers. ETH will take over Bitcoin because we know that ETH is the most popular after Bitcoin. how do you think about that?

so true. Maybe a coin that will replace if bitcoin has a weakness in terms of attractiveness is ethereum. Because ethereum itself is under bitcoin and its popularity is almost equal to bitcoin.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:17:16 PM

The ones who depend on bitcoin will die and the one who depend on ethereum blockchain will not die because that is ethereum and not bitcoin this would work in a good way because then etheruem will be on top and a lot of people will buy it.

Altcoin is bitcoin child coin. So altcoin is alter coin for bitcoin. Bitcoin is will donw altcoin also down. Bitcoin future currency so it will grownup in the future. Altcoin is same to bitcoin it get more information for the business process. Altcoin is helpful to process for the mining process. It get more information and get more profit for the future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
LightFork

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:17:36 PM

Crypto-currencies as a phenomenon will never die, which means that if bitcoin dies, it will be a consequence of the fact that some crypto currency has completely replaced it.

Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

When depend in its own platfirm obviously it will do nothing to make other of the cryptocurrency to goes down even if their are other governments want to stop all of the cryptocurrency in order to stop the threat in the economy but obviously it might attract n some cases in the prices and in other way there are a lot of reason of the moving price.
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:23:05 PM

This would be depending on the reason of Bitcoin's dead. For example, if there was a new technology found which allows people to solve private keys easily, that would be end of every coin in the market right now. However, i am sure that by then we would be able to find some new technologies to develop more advance virtual currencies.

Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:54:36 PM

I don't think bitcoin dying is bad it will just mean a newer better one takes it's place with an update to blockchain technology. Nothing to worry about yet. Just worry about the cons around right at this moment for now. Worries about bitcoins future there will be time for later.

RedOcean

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:10:30 AM

I believe no, however the price Will really go down.And maybe it rely how bitcoin die, if bitcoin prohibited by goverment over the world. altcoin Will pass away too
cryptolit

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:04:05 AM

I think altcoins will create better technologies/systems with big improvements on blockchain that could see them rise and Bitcoin fall one day. HCash is one; worth looking into!
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:23:21 AM

I think altcoins will create better technologies/systems with big improvements on blockchain that could see them rise and Bitcoin fall one day. HCash is one; worth looking into!

Yeah i think so and for me bitcoin will surely not die since this is the master of all cryptocurrency, this is where technology comes from. But if this thing happen I'm pretty sure altcoins will survive because of their unique value. Cryptocurrency is just started to blow and we should not think that this will end let's focus more on what future holds thru cryptoworld.
g4vinshreds

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

Trader

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:30:27 AM

If bitcoin dies,  most if not all altcoins run on a completely different system.  This means that while people might be scared that their altcoins that they hold will no longer be worth anything just like bitcoin,  which could make the altcoins go down in price,  that they will still be safe in the long run.  However,  as another poster said,  it depends a lot on the reason that bitcoin dies,  for example, if the internet somehow went out everywhere forever then bitcoin and all altcoins would all die.

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:47:33 AM

I think if the bitcoin dies then all altcoin will also experience the same thing in because there is no more trading center for altcoin it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: