Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:22:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17259 times)
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:43:56 AM

I'm not sure if the dead bitcoin will be followed by the death of altcoin, it could be another coin that plays a role as a trading center because of the possibilities that could happen in cryptocurrency, but of course the bitcoin's death will have an impact on trading in altcoin exchanges.
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:52:30 AM

If the bitcoin dies, not necessarily the altcoin dies. If the bitcoin is dead because of internal things altcoin will remain alive with the condition of altcoin quality and has a strong market share.
lazygin001

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:55:08 AM

No I don't think so, because if bitcoin dies, there is probably another coin that rises up. The only way all coins extinguish is when governments from all over the world work against and banish them, which is very unlikely to happen.
kskaclord

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:07:03 AM

I think that bitcoin can exist without altcoins, and altcoins can exist without bitcoins.
Of course, a vanishing of bitcoin would bring the price for the altcoins down, I'm not so sure what a vanishing of the altcoins would mean for the price of bitcoin.
I think you could compare it to Dollar and Yen. Remove one of them and it affect the other one, but it would not extinguish it.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:34:31 AM

I think altcoins will create better technologies/systems with big improvements on blockchain that could see them rise and Bitcoin fall one day. HCash is one; worth looking into!

Yeah i think so and for me bitcoin will surely not die since this is the master of all cryptocurrency, this is where technology comes from. But if this thing happen I'm pretty sure altcoins will survive because of their unique value. Cryptocurrency is just started to blow and we should not think that this will end let's focus more on what future holds thru cryptoworld.

Yes, it is not really possible for bitcoin to die. I don't see any reason for it to die since there are still high demand and supply of bitcoin and its users keep on increasing everyday. But if it really happens, I guess altcoin will also die because it can never stand alone in crypto world without bitcoin. All of the coins are traded against bitcoin.  
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:36:00 AM

I think altcoins will create better technologies/systems with big improvements on blockchain that could see them rise and Bitcoin fall one day. HCash is one; worth looking into!

Yeah i think so and for me bitcoin will surely not die since this is the master of all cryptocurrency, this is where technology comes from. But if this thing happen I'm pretty sure altcoins will survive because of their unique value. Cryptocurrency is just started to blow and we should not think that this will end let's focus more on what future holds thru cryptoworld.

Yes, it is not really possible for bitcoin to die. I don't see any reason for it to die since there are still high demand and supply of bitcoin and its users keep on increasing everyday. But if it really happens, I guess altcoin will also die because it can never stand alone in crypto world without bitcoin. All of the coins are traded against bitcoin. 

All of the things have its own time to enjoy and if the time ends then it will end to so as bitcoin. Bitcoin has its limit and if the market of bitcoin seems not profitable anymore or if bitcoin has a lot of problem then it will not give any motives to the people who are using bitcoin or dealing with bitcoin to continue using it and it will lead for abandoning bitcoin and letting bitcoin to die.
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:47:20 AM

I think if bitcoin dies altcoin will not gonna die because if that's happened many shops,etc. Can be hook by other currency that can turn their price to altcoin and if bitcoin die. And I say that altcoin is not gonna be grow something like that.
MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:55:15 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

Bitcoin now is very expensive, most altcoins are down as of this time but we never know until when bitcoin and altcoins are going to last. Most important is we are enjoying now.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:06:13 AM

If you theoretically talk about something bad for the Alt people in the event that bitcoin suddenly disappears, then I think not. Altcoins will continue to exist because they do not directly depend on bitcoin. Crypto currency has already become quite well known and well branched technologically and can develop further without bitcoin.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:10:07 AM

What are thinking people I don't know. In some replies I read their reply,  they told their comment.  But  in my comment  I tell it can be. Because bitcoin is the king of alt coin. So if there is bitcoin died anyone. So it can be happened for dies alt coin.

Be hardworker
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:17:22 AM

For me, if bitcoin die also altcoin will die because before you able to use you other coins you must to turn it into bitcoin that the thruth.

I think we need proper improvement for other coins to stand it self withou bitcoin but generally we need bitcoin to use our other coins, so if bitcoin dies the altcoins will die also.

daadi059

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:32:51 AM

I think, if bitcoin died, some altcoin would develop normally, and they would not be bitcoin dominated by them. Remember, there are still other strong currencies such as ETH, BCH, XRP ...
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:05:12 AM

We don't really know what will happen with the future of bitcoin mate, although you're correct that bitcoin will not die but if that happens the entire digital currency economy will not suffer becaus e of it. I think there will be top most crypto currency that will dominate the marketplace of exchangers sites, and will have their exclusive exchanges from digital to fiat currency. It will happen that if the top most coins established like bitcoin can be traded against with it also.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:15:19 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

Bitcoin is kinda the underlying asset for this whole sphere (one could argue ETH as well). If bitcoin fails, then the entire ecosystem fails, as the entirety of trust in the cryptocurrency ecosphere is derived from the performance of BTC. Despite how well alt markets are doing, if btc falters, the markets typically falter in kind. You dont see the markets track with any other coin like this.

take all this segwit bullshittery for example. observe the price, eth and company is eventually gonna move inversely of btc Wink
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:05:39 AM

There is a possibility to happen since we can say bitcoin takes up the largest part on cryptocurrency. Bitcoin seems a foundation of a house and altcoins are the other parts, if the foundation of a house fall down then the other parts will also fall.

But there is another possibility might happen if bitcoin died, this is the uprising of a new altcoin that will replace btc. Due to btc's death, everyone will jump into other cryptocurrency and start all over again and I guess the coin who will take the lead is Eth since it is in the second spot right now.
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:13:42 AM

If the bitcoin dies then I guess other alternative  coins goes with them as well because they more likely the same because they are both part of the cryptocurrency so I guess what happen to other affects both of them. So if they will be offically get disbanded by the government and be ban from.using then I guess both would suffer.
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:27:09 AM

If bitcoin dies all crypto currency will die.Because bitcoin is the heart of crypto currencies.So that's simple that if bitcoin dies other altcoin will die too

mitha rosdiana

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:35:52 AM

I consider bitcoin as the root of a large tree, and altcoin is a branch of a tree. what will happen to the branch when the roots die? Then the twigs will start to dry and eventually die too. Bitcoin is now a necessity for everyone in all countries and the world. Altcoin could have died but the bitcoin will stay alive and forever exist, and meet the needs of its users, bitcoin will die if the market dies.
Andalusy

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:25:22 AM

if bitcoin die, maybe some of crypto can still alive, cause some people still use it to paymen and invest,, without bitcoin, crypto still able to change to usd or idr in my country,, and maybe othher can subtitute bitcoin
monir34

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:37:46 AM

Bitcoin is called mother coin . I don't think so Bitcoin will die. If in case die Bitcoin altcoin will effected but not totally die. Some of alt coin will gain the crypto market if Bitcoin die. Because some of altcoin still using for invest so may investing site. I don't expect Bitcoin will die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: