Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:00:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17259 times)
dobol

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 04:25:13 AM

probably, because bitcoin is the mother of all coins. but I do not think it's that easy. because now more and more new ICO and altcoin are coming out, which makes other altcoins uncomfortable.

kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:38:38 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
I think so, cause what I usually encountered is alt coins are being exchange to bitcoins. Therefore if bitcoin dies, how will these alt coins be converted? But in case there comes a new crypto currency that can stand alone by itself , in which it will not need to be converted to bitcoin to be useful alt coin will not die.

arlinxoha

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:39:15 AM

I do not think Bitcoin will ever die. Bitcoin is now the world's most popular cryptocurrency . Many people are left dependent on it. Increasing popularity is increasing day by day. Also popularity in Altcoin is increasing, Altcoins usually reflects Bitcoin prices. So long as the Bitcoin remains alive, altcoin will remain alive for so long.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:41:42 AM

BTC will remain king in my opinion.
Only way it can fall is governments start outright banning and making btc illegal while pushing their own digital currencies.
prieaji

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:42:22 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will die and I do not know also in the future bitcoin die or not. Because bitcoin is money, money is all we need, and we use money in everything we do in life. I just now have no bitcoin do not do anything because my main income is bitcoin.
lambomoonmoney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:47:10 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

yes they must exist together
yohan09

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:53:27 AM

If bitcoin die, perhaps the other alt-coins rely most on btc will die also, because every alt-coins needs btc to convert into fiat currency, But may i ask what's the reason that btc will die? As far as i know btc already adapted globally so it will remains moving till the next generation.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:18:48 AM

I doubt it. The tokenized assets created for/by legit companies with real products are not just cryptocurrencies. The main risk for the alts is regulation pushing them into securities, which would potentially change the trading landscape.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:19:54 AM

There are altcoins that is dependent on bitcoin. Those alts will die together with bitcoin. Some alts which are independent of bitcoin will replace the bitcoin and would lead the crypto world. The crypto world can't be stopped it will find a way to still exist with alts or even newer alts.
Dr.Bitc0in

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:48:05 AM

this is not how it works
bitcoinorcash

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:51:27 AM

Maybe some coins will die but there are other independent coins who was owned by different company.But it will be a huge breakdown for the other coins because as we know,bitcoin is the mother of all bitcoins and they really depend on it.
sourjain

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:52:40 AM

yes if something terrible happen in this space the whole economy of crypto will shake.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:13:04 AM

U think it does nit go that way. All cryptocurrency are dependent on the demand feom the market. Bitcoin has the largest community and community generates the demand in the market. So if Bitcoin will die, there's a huge possibility that the demand that it is gettig from the market will go to altcoin. And surely it will be in favor for the alts to rise.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Ariess

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:15:40 AM

there's always hope. but in fact bitcoin has always been the foremost of all crypto that exists. I do not think like you. even I have a bitcoin chewing will go further and leave the other kirpto.
jamirrah

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:19:48 AM

Even bitcoin has been generic when it come to exchanging from or to fiat money there are still some other ways to convert alts directly to fiat (well dont applicable to all fiat) so in my opinion, even bitcoin die as long as there is demand for alts it would still survived and soon one of them will filled the position left by bitcoin.

Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:26:54 AM

I highly doubt. It seems to be in favor for altcoins if ever bitcoin will die because the demand that bitcoin is having would probably go to altcoins because investors will look for another coin for them to get huge profit. And since there'll be no other choice, it will be altcoin for sure. So I think it will be their chance and won't be a disadvantage if this thing would happen.

xhienigat

Activity: 420

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:35:39 AM

If bitcoin dies I think altcoins will get affected but it depends with what kind of reason why bitcoin died. Bitcoin and altcoins has domino effect and we should expect that to happen. But I think bitcoin won't just die investors will not allow that to happen.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:36:05 AM

To my view when we hear about cryptocurrency the tone of Bitcoin stands first so it had such precious role,  however the moment when bitcoin dies the users of altcoin do withdraw their bulk capitals to the safe place reason why the bitcoin is the first key popularity for other crypto currencies like alt coin so the demand for alt had a greater fall when bit dies. Few alts are even dependedent on bitcoin, the key factor here is if the capital investment fund is available then dividends will be shared to users if capital is falling down the owners turn themselves to scam to my estimation.
Ardenoss

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:36:25 AM

Now, cryptocurrency conditions are not what they used to be. Already many peoples understand the system blockhain or similar with it. If bitcoin dies, altcoin will proceed to replace bitcoin.
pimvinken

Activity: 200
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:37:46 AM

I always think bitcoin will survive for very long time but oneday if bitcoin die, i am surely bitcoin will effect entire world, altcoins may be effected also, their price will definitely drop, however, we can still surive without bitcoin but the sources of money into bitcoin will be changed into altcoins.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: