Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17259 times)
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:04:22 AM

I think no one is able, the more likely it is the altcoin that first dies, but when there is possible of bitcoin pass away, then altcoin will rise, but it will only be temporary, altcoin will also pass away after the lifeless bitcoin
To me i think yes it will really effect other altcoins, because bitcoin is the main currency of the world and all other altcoins are revolving around bitcoin.
That is also how I see it. Alternative coins are made base upon the current technology of bitcoin. If bitcoin wasn't created they wouldn't exist either. We can see how alt coins are being affected by the high price of bitcoin. There is a reason why it is called alternative coins, because bitcoin is the main.
Shah112233

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:06:05 AM

I think it wouldnt be happening . As bitcoin is on its peak now a days and other altcoins like Onion etc are also following the path of bitcoin . We are entering into era of cryptocurrency . Investing in bitcoin is not danger anymore . Bitcoin can helpfull in our daily life in coming time . And most influencial economies of the world are developing there roots in cryptoworld . So there are very less chances of dieing altcoins or bitcoin .
laguseklik

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:09:21 AM

I think it wouldnt be happening . As bitcoin is on its peak now a days and other altcoins like Onion etc are also following the path of bitcoin . We are entering into era of cryptocurrency . Investing in bitcoin is not danger anymore . Bitcoin can helpfull in our daily life in coming time . And most influencial economies of the world are developing there roots in cryptoworld . So there are very less chances of dieing altcoins or bitcoin .

completely agreed, maybe bitcoin will dieing if internet is also dead forever. Almost impossible

Oops, there is no signature...
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:16:44 AM

I think altcoin will not die even though bitcoin is over. people will look for one of altcoin to serve as the most popular coin such as bitcoin. altcoin will always be there because it has become a source of income for people who do not have a job.

NyLymZbl

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:19:09 AM

I dont think that bitcoin can die, not all the countries are banned bitcoin. Some of them but not all. Most of the countries still using btc.
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:33:24 AM

It's all up to the reason that bitcoin ends.  If it ends because of the total barn of crypto currency due to the high use of crypto currency for illigal purpose it will couse the death of Bitcoin and the altcoins. If it's because of the success of any other crypto currencies which fully effects the demand of Bitcoin,it may force bitcoin to end and the altcoins will remain even after this.
GamesBooster

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:41:27 AM

I think that although bitcoin is dead, altcoin can still exist independently. Because most altcoin have their own community and exchange on various commercial sites, so it will not affect much.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:01:22 AM

As far my experience in crypto trading about a year all my trade happens through bitcoin either buying or selling where I will buy bitcoin from local exchanges and transfer to trading exchange even for Ico . So bitcoin dies eventually altcoins also vanish.
yhan2x

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:12:43 AM

If bitcoin die, all altcoin will increase their price it depends on the investor where they invest. But its impossible that bitcoin will die.
Evangeline2

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:58:01 AM

If bitcoin dies, altcoin and even all blockchain coins will die, because bitcoin is the coin's token, so for the most part bitcoin represents the coin.
kiboloves

Activity: 242

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:05:06 AM

This should be a consensus that bitcoin disappears, then altcoin will disappear. Now bitcoin is not simply an encrypted currency, and even can be considered, bitcoin now represents the entire encrypted currency. I think I have no problem understanding.
redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:02:30 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.

some altcoins but not all of the altcoins because some altcoins have their own platform and if bitcoin leaves they can survive due to their flexible features more way better than bitcoin the problem only is how are they gonna market their coin to the people another introduction and new risk lies ahead.

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:51:11 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

That depends on the cause of death of bitcoin. If the cause of death is due to a law or something that is imposed by the government, then of course all altcoins will die as well, but if it's due to credibility and competition then altcoins may live as well, one from those altcoins will become the new bitcoin. That's what I think.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:47:04 PM

if you had asked this before 2017, I would have said yes. but I have been observing increasing dissonance between the alt and bitcoin markets. they dont always move inversely now, and some coins break out nowadays, but actually stay up. before, that spike would be followed by a slow retraction, unless btc price came up with the alt.

certain majors (eth comes to mind first) simply dont need bitcoin anymore to survive. I might would say the same of ltc.

and I have to wonder what the actual adoption rates are for the two coins. very few bitcoin icos, not as many bitcoins startups like there used to be.
USScrypto

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:29:53 PM

Everybody know bitcoin, and everybody started to trade with bitcoin and all we belived on this, and if bitcoin will fail all our hope will go down and also altcoins will have very big crash
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:08:07 PM

That depends on the cause of death of bitcoin. If the cause of death is due to a law or something that is imposed by the government, then of course all altcoins will die as well, but if it's due to credibility and competition then altcoins may live as well, one from those altcoins will become the new bitcoin. That's what I think.
No, the government can not make any cryptocurrency die. Because this is decentralized network, system, as long as there are still have a little of users using this currency, it never die. The blockchain system of Bitcoin is very intelligent, it can changes its system to fit with total users are using Bitcoin.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
sandos

Activity: 440

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:01:14 PM

If Bitcoin dies, I dont think altcoin dies too. Because they are different. There is no reason for this

Jake Roberson

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:12:48 PM

Not sure how the death of one of it can be bounded with the other one, ridiculous question...
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:34:08 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.

some altcoins but not all of the altcoins because some altcoins have their own platform and if bitcoin leaves they can survive due to their flexible features more way better than bitcoin the problem only is how are they gonna market their coin to the people another introduction and new risk lies ahead.
I agree with you there are a lot more platforms than just bitcoin some examples are ethereum and waves and there are a couple more but i would say those 3 are the top popular ones for me.
melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:44:55 PM

yes definitely it is always depends on the situation of how does bitcoin can be dead for just like in law it is hard to question for if this can be the case of it and something that are hard to defend to stay bitcoin alive for and been using for all of us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: