Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:26:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17261 times)
Potchi

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:36:00 AM

I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
Yes, i agree about it. Altcoins won't die along with bitcoin in some ways. There are possibilities that altcoins wont die when bitcoin dies because in some ways some altcoins are not dependent to bitcoin. It will survive or it will rise and create another huge cryptocurrency and be used in trading. But if the government decided to destroy it strictly, maybe there is a chance that it will all disappear.

Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:43:02 AM

As we know that bitcoin is important and altcoins too. Altcoin is not dependent on bitcoin as the people are using bitcoin for making profit and altcoins is also growing in the crypto world so we can say that if the value of bitcoin falls users will shift to the altcoins they will use their funds for buying of altcoins.

phucngungoc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:46:54 AM

Completely wrong. That is my opinion. Death bitcoin does not mean altcoin dies. Bitcoin will only be a normal coin if one knows who shatoshi is. Everyone appreciates the value of bitcoin. Although the bitcoin technology is 1.0
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:48:57 AM

Every altcoin transaction is through bitcoin and eth. bitcoin is quite important with altcoin. But it's not unique. if bitcoin dies. I'm sure the other altcoin is still alive though it will greatly affect the altcoi
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:51:32 AM

I guess most of them will but not everything, we do see some of those quality project who really intend to survive even bitcoin crashed down,
they are independently working to make their own progress and usefulness in this crypto industries, good example for that is Eth it is continue
progressing and keeps moving forward.
ddurand

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:05:50 AM

I don't think bitcoin can die just like that (unless there are no more internet) since Bitcoin is too big too fail. Moreover it's the currency every media talk about so it's the most popular and will be the most popular for mass adoption.
But IF Bitcoin suddently die, it will probably depends of its death reason. If it disappear, it will have to be substitued by another existing crypto-currency since FIAT money have failed  to become an efficient currency.
Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:06:22 AM

Most probably if someone finds a way to beat bitcoin, so does to other coins.
But this is likely not going to happen.
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:09:39 AM

Ethereum is still there in case that happens but its effect will surely cripple all altcoins because all of those existing altcoin has no worth if isn't paired with bitcoin so I'm not totally sure.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:41:51 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

It really depends on the reason on why bitcoin has been terminated from the cryptocurrency world. If the reason is due to people, losing their interest and they stop investing/transacting into bitcoin and switched to another cryptocurrency, then other altcoins will remain. But if the reason is due to an intervention of the government, a world-wide sanction, ruling or law banning the utilization of any cryptocurrency around the world, then expect all altcoins to slowly lose their value, and eventually disappearing from existence. It definitely is possible but it is very highly unlikely, considering the positive effects that bitcoin provides in the society.
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:56:57 AM

In my opinion, if bitcoin dies altcoin will not also die because altcoin is the 2nd placer of cryptocurrency. If bitcoin die, altcoin will take the leading place of bitcoin or just replace bitcoin. If that happens, altcoin will become very popular and become very expensive because the investor, trader and much more will switch to altcoin.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:59:17 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

Bitcoins will die but alt coins will stay. Alt coins would actually flourish instead when bitcoins disappear from the crypto scene. Many investors would pour their resources on famous alt coins and etherium. There are far more coins out there capable of taking out bitcoins.

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:29:24 PM

No, there is a separation of personality and distinction about bitcoins and altcoins. Another thing in this coins are came from different companies which are independent to each other; wherein the existence of bitcoin does not affect the existence of altcoin, in vice versa.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:46:25 PM

In my opinion if bitcoin die then it will not make a huge impact on the alt coins because if bitcoin die then other coin like ETH is available as the 2nd option.

harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:10:14 PM

In field of electronic currency or crypocurrency, Bitcoin is the first product that introduce to the market. From the excellent performance and acceptance of the public; many altcoins are created and introduce also to the public such as GHs, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Zcash, and etc. Every electronic currency possesses unique characteristics and its existences are independent to each other so that that value and the existence of bitcoin is not affected if one of those coins become obsolete in the market.
dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:17:42 PM

If Bitcoin dies other altcoins won't die. There is too much money to be made off of them. If one coin dies even the largest of the coins new people will always come alone trying to make money off of other coins.

WarCruz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:36:35 PM

Hi. I think if bitcoin dies, almost all alts will go down, but then recover because they fullfill a purpose
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:54:23 PM

Im sure it has been said many times before on this thread, but my opinion is that of course there will be alts that survive if Bitcoin one day will fade away. There will be alts with more advanced tech that people will use. Although most alts are traded against BTC, the alt itself relies on his own tech. If all exchanges crash, the alt still exists. So yes, I think there will always be alts. We maybe just dont call them altcoins anymore, just another coin.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:51:40 PM

Hi. I think if bitcoin dies, almost all alts will go down, but then recover because they fullfill a purpose

Yes I think true, because the benchmark of altcoin price is from bitcoin, when bitcoin die then there is no price benchmark anymore so it will have a big impact that all altcoin will follow bitcoin.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:34:18 PM

I guess most of them will but not everything, we do see some of those quality project who really intend to survive even bitcoin crashed down,
they are independently working to make their own progress and usefulness in this crypto industries, good example for that is Eth it is continue
Yeah I think there are some altcoins that do not rely on bitcoin, after all they have their own prices on dollars in various markets, so even though bitcoin is dead, some altcoin will not follow the bitcoin trail. but I myself doubt bitcoin can die to see the development of bitcoin at this time
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:09:10 AM

Yeah I think there are some altcoins that do not rely on bitcoin, after all they have their own prices on dollars in various markets, so even though bitcoin is dead, some altcoin will not follow the bitcoin trail. but I myself doubt bitcoin can die to see the development of bitcoin at this time

Right. There are altcoins that have even better features than bitcoin, wih etherium as the top example, that can stand on their own even without btc. Of course there are these small time shitcoina that's bound to die even when bitcoin is still around and most btc based alts would also suffer without btc but there certainly will be those that will endure

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: