Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17259 times)
paulo013

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:20:10 AM

Altcoin will remain. Because they have different characteristic and different price or value. But i dont think bitcoin will die, if do so i think going for the lowest price will happen but existence of bitcoin will remain. And people with go to a rally if bitcoins dies, or bitcoin holders will not let this happen. Because of bitcoin. Many lives change.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:23:13 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
correct because as how bitcoin stands now over all the actions
doing by those agaisnt crypto i might say that altcoin will only die with
bitcoin from a mass action all the government will do.and that is banning
bitcoin all over the world.from that we must admit that were done here
snedyolo

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:31:36 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

I don't think that altcoin will just die because of bitcoin. There are two possibilities of what will happen here: People could be afraid to invest on coins again because of what happened to bitcoin, thus reducing the amount of altcoin users, or people will look for a new altcoin where they will treat as the new bitcoin.

earnmoneyonl

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:34:10 AM

It will be but I think now no one could able to make Bitcoin dies. So you do not need to worry about that. Bitcoin will live for a long time. Grin Grin
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:46:45 AM

I don't think that altcoin will just die because of bitcoin. There are two possibilities of what will happen here: People could be afraid to invest on coins again because of what happened to bitcoin, thus reducing the amount of altcoin users, or people will look for a new altcoin where they will treat as the new bitcoin.
The only thing that i know that will happen if bitcoin dies is the altcoin will go up fast and big because the demand from bitcoin will transfer into altcoins and those altcoins will have a huge demand and it will trigger the price to go up very fast and make all of the altcoin investor satisfied with the price pump and profits.
Rudy_Third27

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:55:13 AM

I think if Bitcoin die,altcoin will not die because that's the purpose it was created altcoin.
I think if Bitcoin dies will have a big effect on the market price because Bitcoin is money and that's where altcoin prices will increase because Bitcoin is down.
chacha66

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:00:04 AM

If bitcoin isn't replaced by a quicker and improved coin before it dies then tere will be big trouble for the crypto market- confidence will fall and money will be withdrawn wholesale. Most people new to this don't know the difference between ripple and BTC. They will just pull out : (
Mjeramirez

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:00:45 AM

That will depend to the reason why bitcoin died, I think if the reason is competition, where a new cryptocurrecy emerge in the market and people make the switch from bitcoin, then I think altcoin will remain as it is. However, if the reason for bitcoin collapse is the failure of the actual system of cryptocurrency, then I think altcoin will die as well.

WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

Actually, Bitcoin and altcoin have different roles in the Economy, so in the theory, the bitcoin's dead does not impact on altcoin. However, as you know, Bitcoin is the "leader" of cryptocurrency, therefore if it dies, with psychology effect, the investors will sell all altcoin.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
soros017

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:17:32 PM

Yes, because the strength of cryptocurrencies is built on top of the decentralization aspect. If the most stable and decentralized currency fail, people will lose confidence in all the others.
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:24:37 PM

Yes, it seems to me that if bitcoin goes down, he will pull all the altcoins behind him and it's sad, because they poor creatures can not recover from the spring of 2016. Wink
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:45:15 PM

The only thing that i know that will happen if bitcoin dies is the altcoin will go up fast and big because the demand from bitcoin will transfer into altcoins and those altcoins will have a huge demand and it will trigger the price to go up very fast and make all of the altcoin investor satisfied with the price pump and profits.
Your prediction will be true if the cryptocurrency world is still interesting in that time. But, if the people stop to buy Bitcoin, they need to have some reason make them do that. Maybe, they know the new technology can make them get more profits then cryptocurrency. Wink

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:11:28 AM

Actually there is separation of distinction and personality between the bitcoin and altcoins; therefore each cryptocurrencies are independent to each other which one of their existence will not affect the existence of another. That is the reason why bitcoin is not affected in the poor performance of some altcoin in electronic banking industry.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:37:13 PM

It not good question. Bitcoin and altcoin is different one. So which one is demand it will increase the prices. It will applicably for both. So you will know the both of process information. You will learn the process it will helpful to improve you self. Bitcoin is future currency so it never dead. You need information for the both of coin check the market place you will get some information and ideas. market prices is choose the share market prices.
 So it will good opportunity for the future growth. You will invest the coin market information will  helpful to future investment.

Example: If onion will be demand in market. It will increase the prices. It will applicably for the all product. So product will be demand prices will be high. Product increase prices will be low. So it will helpful to you for work to process.

bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:49:37 PM

As Bitcoin is now traded against most of the alts and most of them arent traded on other fiat markets, the death of Bitcoin would mean also huge impacts on altcoins. But this is just in regards of the trading price I think. If there is a demand for an altcoin, and there sure is for many, as they have totally different use cases than only the one of a currency, then there will be still people buying it and the alts may not die.
But this all will depend on the reason why Bitcoin dies, if it dies. If it dies because demand for it shifts to another currency, than alts may not suffer that hard. However if it Bitcoin dies because it is banned globally or for a similar reason, than alts may be banned as well and then likely also die.
Paecga129

Activity: 422

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:14:57 PM

If Bitcoin dies, altcoins most likely will die too. Altcoies tend to sip when BTC does. It is only natural since Bitcoin is the king, after all. So yeah, I think altcoins would die if BTC does.
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:18:03 PM

If Bitcoin dies, altcoins most likely will die too. Altcoies tend to sip when BTC does. It is only natural since Bitcoin is the king, after all. So yeah, I think altcoins would die if BTC does.
Bitcoin will not die and altcoins  will not die also, we are now in a world where we are surrounded by different kinds of coins, and the mindset of people is continuously changing because of the tremendous outcome that bitcoin has brought in our life/market so no reason for bitcoin to die as it is really growing so fast.
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:22:11 PM

I don't agree at all about bitcoin dies though alcoin die both not going to happen even all the country ban bitcoin till the internet is available to access bitcoin not going to die if internet dead means not only bitcoin, altcoin total world will end simply no bank will work as they don't have records and stockmarket etc. example to die without internet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
WarCruz

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:23:36 PM

Hi, i think if bitcoin dies the market will collapse for some term, but some projects will live on and you will see the true value

Cheers
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:25:32 PM

nooo i don't think so all of them alone.... Bitcoin and altcoin is different one
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: