Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17261 times)
RanieriClaudio168

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:36:47 AM

Bitcoin system will most certainly not die, but the coin "owning" Bitcoin name, can (and most likely will) change the "ownership"... and most likely scenario for this is the Bitcoin Cash which has very real potential to get the rightful title of Bitcoin.
bristlefront

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:39:38 AM

Altcoins will become stronger because the investors will find a coin to invest if bitcoin dies. They may grow but not high as bitcoin since they are many altcoins to invest with.

Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:46:40 AM

No i don’t think so, if ever time comes that bitcoin dies i guess some altcoins will tend to go up high too, there is always a balance of the growth of cryptocurrency, in my own opinion but i guess it wont happen that bitcoin dies, it will continously go up and down but i think it will remain supported by the bitcoiners
iloveass2

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:59:32 AM

I don't think when bitcoin die, other altcoins will die too. Whether bitcoin failed itself or government creat some impace on bitcoin to make it disappear and die, investors and traders will automatically change to another crytocurrency and invest in it and by that, that coin will increase their value and price just as like bitcoin. Besides bitcoin, there are lots of other altcoin and bitcoin is not that important and have a huge impact to make other altcoins disappear at the same time as bitcoin

◤ ─────────────── PROJECT PAI ─────────────── ◥
│       DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR INTELLIGENT AVATARS       │ (https://projectpai.com/)
◣ ─── JOIN PROJECT PAI TELEGRAM TO GET FREE TOKENS ─── ◢ (https://t.me/projectpai)
charlenedave

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:07:30 AM

I don't think so, other Alt coins will be given the chance to compete for the top spot instead.
Definitely right, if Bitcoin dies, altcoin will be given a chance and opportunity to be on the top line of cryptocurrency. Altcoin will be another Bitcoin that will make people invest on it. Thus, Altcoin will not die, it will stay even though Bitcoin dies.

dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:11:36 AM

I think it depends on the support would be given to altcoins. Yes, many investors need cryptocurrency so if Bitcoin dies they will find another coins in which they will invest.
mmhaimhai

Activity: 532
Merit: 257

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:17:12 AM

If bitcoin die then that would be a chance for another alt to dominate. Cryptocurrency is already in people's system and had been already become more of an investment rather than mop which it supposed to be so if bitcoin is gone people would certainly look for aother high potential coin that could be the next bitcoin of time.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ClownSpider

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:45:13 AM

Bitcoin will never die.
You should listen to me because I am richer and smarter than you are.

I am speaking to idiots so allow me to make this simple for simple minds:
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in 400,000 stores in Japan.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in retail stores in the USA, coffee shops, godaddy.com Overstock.com, namecheap.com, etc.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted at car dealerships in the USA.  I know of 4 that I found so far.
ONLY Bitcoin is accepted for new ICO, Initial Coin Offerings, when another crypto is attempting to start up.
ONLY Bitcoin has banks, credit cards, Visa, Master, and ATMs for Cash.
ONLY Bitcoin is on the Futures market, and soon Options market.  (real options markets that deal with real stock options, not that fake scam sports betting type sites)

Yes I own a BitPay card that accepts BTC, and works as a VISA and at ANY ATM machine for cash.

ONLY Bitcoin is setup to work at credit card machines for stores to accept BTC.

No alt coin is accepted at any retail stores yet.
Only ETH is accepted by some online retailers (Non reputable ones)

Alt coins have NO value without Bitcoin, because alt coins can ONLY be used to trade for:  BITCOIN and other cryptos.

Alt Coins have no other use other than converting to other cryptos. 
No other Crypto is worth anything until you trade it for BTC or Fiat currency.

ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in commerce. 
That means ONLY Bitcoin is accepted in stores, and legitimate online retailers.

Alt coins will never catch up to the wide spread acceptance of Bitcoin.
ButtCrack

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:16:37 PM

If bitcoin die then that would be a chance for another alt to dominate. Cryptocurrency is already in people's system and had been already become more of an investment rather than mop which it supposed to be so if bitcoin is gone people would certainly look for aother high potential coin that could be the next bitcoin of time.
Actually the world still do not have much application of cryptocurrency for society. Therefore, if Bitcoin will be died in next year or current, I think altcoin also can be affected, but it does not mean altcoin will be died too. Because the existence of Bitcoin Cash changed the rule and power of Bitcoin in cryptocurrency world.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Rafiqul

Activity: 1358

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:29:35 AM

I think if bitcoin dies then makes a strong effect on others altcoin. All altcoin will go down. Because bitcoin is a mother of cryptocurrency. More altcoin trades on bitcoin. I believe bitcoin will not die.

overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:46:40 AM

BTC is not easy to die now, She is keep growing . Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kikoy999

Activity: 429

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:39:51 AM

I think it's not that much because altcoins are missing but it's not yet affected by other altcoins because the other business is crypto currency coin because I just have bitcoin they hold all altcoin it's not maybe they are different because they are different processes because bitconnect business and ethereum are also bitcoin business so it will not be lost.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:44:55 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
There is no reason for us to be afraid because bitcoin will never die. The bitcoin is becoming more powerful than before because many people are support  and patronizing the bitcoin. Bitcoin is our future money Smiley

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
SlickTight

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:48:28 AM

If bitcoin dies most people will lose interest to cryptocurrency for a while because bitcoin is the popular crypto, i think all altcoins will go down after bitcoin dies. But there's a possibility or maybe altcoin will take the place of bitcoin.
Mystogan915

Activity: 320

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:53:03 AM

There is no reason for us to be afraid because bitcoin will never die, but if bitcoin dies i think people will lose interest to cryptocurrency. maybe ETH, litecoin, altcoin will take place of bitcoin
danielnamit

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:31:26 AM

I think if bitcoin die, altcoin won't die. Maybe altcoin's price may rise extremely since all bitcoin users will surely switch to altcoins. They will invest so much money that can make its price higher than expected.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:29:40 AM

I think bitcoin will not be affected if altcoin become obsolete in this industry; since they have separate and distinct pernosality. .
I think it is a great thing in bitcoin when altcoins gones since they will eliminate the competition in cryptocurrency and they are the only company will provide this kind of service.
rog1121

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:08:32 AM

If bitcoin dies due to state intervention, then after it the altcoins will die. If there is no intervention and at the same time the cryptocurrency will go into oblivion, then bitcoin will be the last coin to die.
I don’t think so that bitcoin will be die in this world because the users of bitcoin is increasing  day by day and in future it will get large number of users so as the users of bitcoin is present in the market then bitcoin will be live in world.
LightFork

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:17:23 PM

I think bitcoin because of altcoyins will die. So he can not pull them all with him.

ClownSpider

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:56:27 PM

Lots of Chinese and Korean scammers posting on here in English.  Bad English.

What is your goal?  Market manipulation up or down?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: