Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17256 times)
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:22:41 AM

I guess not. Alternative cryptocurrency now can stand on its own. Altcoins or alternative cryptocurrency was created to be a proxy or a substitute for bitcoin. As of now, alternative cryptocurrency is independent, altcoins have its own value like bitcoin. The two are far more connected yet they are both lies in same characteristics and functions as a money and it is to be a virtual money. They are both seperated depends on their value, so I guess if bitcoin dies the altcoin will stay alive and kicking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lelecoeg

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:26:18 AM

Whatever is created in this world there must be times where it will be destroyed, including Bitcoin. So when Bitcoin disappears is there a future for Altcoin? The question is often questioned by some members of this forum and I will try to answer it again. If at any time Bitcoin disappears the first Altcoin to replace it is Ethereum, why? Compared to other Altcoin Ethereum development is very fast, plus support from the excess of this coin makes more and more demand for many investors.
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:35:11 AM

I think yes. Because Bitcoin is the highest value of cryptocurrency in this industry, when bitcoin dies altcoin might die too. But it depends on the consumer of different party.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
jsscswan

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:38:29 AM

I'm not sure if bitcoin die then altcoin will die. Because not all exchanges are aimed at all with bitcoin, sometimes there are also exchanged with Ethereum. If bitcoin dies it will affect altcoin, but I am optimistic altcoin will recover quickly from hard times.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
RKSummer

Activity: 337

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:53:47 AM

I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
This is true because if bitcoin falls, bitcoin users might jump on the next big altcoin there is. And also altcoins dont have the same developers so its really hard to see all of the altcoins dying and disappearing. A new altcoin will surely rise if bitcoin falls.

They are both cryptocurrency and they have almost the same nature. If every government banned all crypto currencies, they will both die.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
nthnode404

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Everything I say is in My Opinion Only!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:58:23 AM

Bitcoin was the first major cryptocurrency that you had to buy to be able to get altcoins in order to invest in the crypto space. However, now lots of exchanges are allowing people to buy altcoins directly with fiat currency. It seems that when Bitcoin drops, people start buying up the altcoins. So, a different more improved altcoin can possibly become Bitcoin 2.0, 3.0, etc., especially if it has value like complete and total privacy.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shouter

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:00:14 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

Your reasoning has a lot of foundation, but I think it's hard to answer that, because while we can see both Bitcoin and the altcoin gaining highlights, we can see many negative issues being raised. But even with all this, I believe and I want to continue believing that Bitcoin will not die, it can maybe be replaced if it becomes obsolete.
sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:02:47 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
Surely no. There will be real panic on market that stabilizes in some (short?) time. After that Ethereum will be a new "bitcoin", or the first N currencies will share market and usage of BTC.
doctorbilly64

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:14:02 AM

I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
One thing many people predict is that Bitcoin will die in the future, but in reality Bitcoin can not die if it is still as good as it is or in the past, if Bitcoin really dies there will be a lot of investors afraid. for other investment destinations
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:14:30 AM

Surely no. There will be real panic on market that stabilizes in some (short?) time. After that Ethereum will be a new "bitcoin", or the first N currencies will share market and usage of BTC.

It based on the reason why bitcoin will die if government block all online currencies altcoins also die or due to other reason bitcoin will die alt may not be die so we can't say without reason and it is on the government hands .

VPoro

Activity: 201

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:36:02 AM

in my opinion, they are different. you can check the history to know. when bitcoin falls down, there are still many altcoins rise up such as Bitcoin cash, ETH,... So, I believe that, altcoin will survive without Bitcoin

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:37:55 PM

It based on the reason why bitcoin will die if government block all online currencies altcoins also die or due to other reason bitcoin will die alt may not be die so we can't say without reason and it is on the government hands .
Bitcoin will be die if no one mining Bitcoin, is right?
Because Bitcoin can not confirm any transaction in network, it means no one can transfer Bitcoin and all exchange will be ban by the government.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:52:45 PM

Somehow if bitcoin goes to 0, 90% of the market goes to 0. Everything works on farms except a few selected coins and current coins can be pumped and manipulated. Cool
paoad

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:58:37 PM

Bitcoin is the bed rock of this market. I cannot yet imagine a next day without bitcoin.
It's just too soon...

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1655593
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:06:47 PM

Thats a big no . Bitcoin and altcoins are different although their exchanges is somewhat relevant to one another but it doest mean that if bitcoin dies altcoins will die also. Exchanges from every trading sites especially altcoins have bitcoin exchanger , we can trade bitcoin to altcoins and altcoins to bitcoins but this doesnt mean that if bitcoin doesnt exist anymore there will be no altcoins.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
FourByfour

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

D.U.G

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:19:07 PM

If bitcoin dies ,I would not expect that altcoins will die too.If bitcoin dies it will have a huge impact to the altcoins, someone would see the opportunity to replace bitcoin with probably better one, others would lose trust in crypto currencies.Either way bitcoin dying wouldn't be a good news. 

omerL

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:31:53 PM

I  believe yes.
Don't think that if the Bitcoin will fall the rest can't exists.
The Bitcoin is what start it all, I believe he is what hold all the crypto together.
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:37:06 PM

It is hard to said that if bitcoin dead, if possible it will depend on the conditions why bitcoin die,
if it is associated with the action taken by government to end up crypto along with bitcoin then you can say that.
If bitcoin dies due to its price in the market then there will be no effect on the other crypto,
one of the other crypto replaces bitcoin and lead the market in placeof bitcoin.
i think you get your answer.
DomainTorrent

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:49:45 PM

I don't think bitcoin will ever die. I believe it will continue to live for centuries although it would revolve in something more efficient and more highly advanced. But if ever bitcoin dies, I am of the opinion that altcoin goes along with it and so with other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is the head, the mother, the leader, the pioneer, the root of cryptocurrency and so if it meets its death others will follow.
fanita

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:53:36 PM

I just think what will happen in the future, whether bitcoin will die or not all that I do not know. altacoin and bitcoin will not die simultaneously, even now many Bitcoin holders have migrated and switched to the next large cryptourrency available, but all of that is just Bitcoin that fails by itself. it all depends on but now we live what we should do, but if the government wants to do because of the different view of eating altacoin and bitcoin will die with the counsels.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: