Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15513 times)
Annghutity

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:25:09 AM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
some ICO goes succesfull, and we can participate not only by investing with money, we can participate by joining campaign, we can earning by free distribution too, i think airdrop is good way to make money too.

Only the limited number of ICO are safe now. The rest are trash things that are trying to sell their raw ideas to the people. Some ICO are really consturected well and they can make things on the business sector really.
yes,and it is hard for us to check them for ourselves.It is easy check whether an ICO is good or bad.Just check their whitepaper, team and activity.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:38:15 AM

Everything has a risk as well as in this business that we have. There are ways for you to ensure that the ICO is safe, all you need to do is read every single details of that project - you need to consider the team who manages it, roadmap, platforms and other stuffs however there some ICO's with false promises wherein they will not develop what they said. But for me as a newbie and currently planning to invest I will also consider my instinct Smiley
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:53:37 AM

Which ICOs did you join? Are they ok? I wanna prompt you that you should do a careful research before invest everything. Most ICOs now are scams.
rexter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:34:06 AM

Some ICO are  safe to invest just be careful to choose and research and study there proposal,an ICO is an initial coin offering a crowdfunding event to raise money for a new cryptocurrency asset,company or venture it's like a cross between a crowdfunding campaign and a traditional initial offering,where share of a company are a made available to the investing public for the first time.
The differences is that (unlike crowdfunding) you don't necessarily get a free T-shirt for donating,and (unlike an IPO) you don't necessarily own shares of the company.Rather you own "tokens" that can be traded on exchanges,like a stock,and whose value will rise or fall depending on the success of the venture.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:39:36 AM

Not many good ICO's out there at the momement, but I have my eye on Wish Finance. The Singapore based wish finance tends to provide loans to small segments businesses, most of them can be considered as merchants. They have completed a pilot program which involved giving away half a million USD in loans which they gave to restaurants, boutiques, small shops, a total of 112 different SME's. The pilot was from November2016 to May of this year.

Now you must be wondering that what could be the role that blockchain technology can play into this. We need to understand that regular lenders, lets say centralized banks, need liquidity or more money to pay out these loans. The big players do what we call is securitization. Here they take their own portfolio and make a security and then they sell it to different financial companies. Now if you have been following news you would know that this year and also the previous year there were few major scandals  like the Lending Club when they took bad loans (loans that defaulted) and put a package and then sell them as A+ security. Now in case of Wish Finance they are actually using the blockchain technology to make all their loan portfolios transparent. How they are doing this is that they are actually connecting to different API's to acquiring of merchants and they would be knowling in real time all the transactions. So now every loan that they will issue to every borrower and every transaction, repayment transaction they would be putting in the blockchain. So when they do this securitization and lets say that when they go to the bank to get some more money and want to sell to the banks their loan portfolios, the banks would be able to look as deep inside as to even each repayments. THis is the real reason why they need the blockchain. And also built this on blockchain as it gives more transparency and security. Even their own team will not be able to change any data inside the system when it will be over in blockchain as it will not be only in the main system of wish finance but in systems of all the wish finance borrowers.

This concept is really interesting to me and may do wonders. More detailed info is available at their website https://wishfinance.com or you may  join their telegram channel https://t.me/wishfinance

rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:46:06 AM

ICO's cannot be considered a "safe investment,"but rather a high-risk investment with the potential of high returns.Caution must be exercised to prevent from being blinded by the lure of big returns and potentially falling off the investment cliff.The smart way to invest is to never invest more than you are willing to lose.
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:59:55 AM

yes it is safe to participate, just find and join but please be careful in investing when you participate to an ICO so they can't scam you, because it's too many scammer in every ICO's so be careful in every step's you will do and i hope you will find a nice and good ICO to participate.
Em_i_ly

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:01:38 AM

How can we know if the ICO is a scam or not?
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:07:13 AM

It's safe if you do good research in ICO's. I would suggest you do not rush into making decisions.
If you are new to cryptoworld, then you will probably make mistakes in the beginning, so take advice from others with more knowledge and more experience.
Some ICO's are legit and other ICO's are scams, you need to be careful.
ICO's are investments and as far as investments go, they have risks. So if you invest in ICO's make sure you read the whitepaper, check dev website and roadmaps.
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:12:37 AM

Investments are always full of Risks.
Study and Research the ICO you are looking into, and don't expect investments to be all profit, most of it depends on the analysis, market development, coin development and look into the team behind the ICO.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Em_i_ly

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:13:26 AM

Thank you so much, I know that ICO is related with risk, like any other investment.

Are there any particular things I have to put attention while reading the roadmap or whitepapers?
Anything based on your experience?
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:18:17 AM

It all depends on the mindset of the investor. Whether long term investments are to be done, people obviously prefer popular bitcoin,ethereum, ripple, waves etc.I see for newly entered ICO's people read the product details and the company vision and then take a call whether to invest or not.even if its done, people try to quit from ICo's as soon it is listed in the exchange for minimal profits. I still feel many ICo's are scam as well which gives no returns instead they even tend to make losses to the investor, so thorough study is required before investing.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
rommil

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:15:32 PM

It is dangerous to participate in cryptocurrency in general. But you can get a lucky break. I participate only in the biggest ICO, and almost never loose
ronatrip

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:55:16 PM

I think, it depends of right choice company to investing and supporting. You should gather information from other people, but think with your head
Em_i_ly

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:59:23 PM

I think it's the same with everthing, sometimes you just have to loose money to learn sth. But it's always better to learn sth at first, and use others experience.
Ponylon

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:26:08 PM

It really depends on the kind of ICO you're talking about. Everyone ICO that you want to invest your money in, should have a couple of things in place for you to ensure that you won't lose your hard earned money. First and most important is the team. Make sure the team is solid and has experience in the domain they are launching, that's very important as it will determine whether operations will be handled adequately. The second most important (could be even the first for some people) is the idea itself. How does it affect the current community and makret it serves, are there enough people interested in the product or service and how will the projection and market growth will look like for the next years. Third point is the financial means of a project, which is whether they can cover basic operations such as rent ,servers, salaries etc. they should have capital before the ICO and not expect that everything will be crowdfunded. Always remember, if the owner doesn't put his own money at stake, it make no sense for you to put yours.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 04:35:14 PM

It is like any investment. You have to know what you are buying. And the value may go up or down, sometimes very easily and without explanation, because crypto is the most volatile asset class right now. Safe? Not really, no investment is safe or risk free.
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:35:20 PM

Hum, actually, joining an ICO project has many risks. Because you don't know anything about this project. You just know what they show you, about team, vision, purpose, method,... But I think that, all businesses alway have risk and you have to accept. The most important thing you should do is that doing a careful research before invest. That will help you reduce risks.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:36:11 PM

It is almost never possible to say for sure whether you can earn something on a certain ICO or if it is something like scam, as all depends on the ceratin project or the enterprise.

In each case, always look at the expected ICO profitability and decide how interesting it is to you.
Annghutity

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:05:19 AM

yes but make sure you do some research regarding the people and the objective of the ICO you want to participate, if there is somethigg wrong with those two you better stay away from it before it is too late.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: