Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15513 times)
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:02:11 PM

I can say it is safe but you still have to research more and more so that you will know whether an ICO is a scam or not but for my opinion it is safe to join and participate in ICOs and currently i am doing it right now and full time because i believe that my efforts here will not be wasted and my time too, it is very safe in joining here just answering questions and doing what the ICO is instructed you to do all you have to do is to have patience and trust to them, if you want to invest your coins make sure to read carefully and properly about that iCO that you wanted or you decided to invest with. I hope this advice from me will help you in joining an ICO
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:54:40 PM

Joining the ICO should not be generalized for all ICOs, both safe and unsafe. It's completely safe if we implement ICO rules and do not log in to fake sites. ICOs usually get good returns, and if they fail, they will send back the money. You should do a lot of research while doing your ICO selection.
yes because taking that easily for not making some research and study may the regret will go with you if having some lost of your money so think always before taking the advantage of participating with the ICO's.
Actually it is not safe in joining ICO because there aee ICo that is there to scam investors. Yes doing some research before participating in Ico. Every details needed to know for us not to be fool by the team and yes ofcourse analyzation is needed.

It is hard to generalize actually. There are scam projects and very successful honest projects. What you can do is you can search project team members n very detailed way and see their previous projects and then decide if you want to join the ICO or not.
Although I do not want to say these words, but to be honest, if you really want to invest in ICOs, you must to be ready with the situation lose all money invested. First of all, there are many projects same idea recently. As the dot com bubble, when the bubble become the hottest trending, it will make the market become crazy and scammer anywhere. Finally, only investors will be the loser.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:55:18 PM

There are many ICOS right now but if you search good enough and inform yourself good enough on some projects you will find the good ones. What can I sugges you , is to look into GIZER thread untill ico will come.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:14:44 PM

We'd like to introduce ourselves into this discussion... 

Coinvest is a decentralized investment platform for cryptocurrencies.  Consider us the E-trade of crypto. 

Here are a few reasons why you should consider us:
-  Experienced team:  We have decades of experience from companies such as Microsoft and IBM and are located in the US
-  Credible advisors:  Tony Scott - Former CIO at the US Government, VMWare, Microsoft and Pete Cashmore - CEO of Mashable
-  Solving a real problem:  Investing in and using Cryptocurrencies is too difficult
-  Real token utility:  COIN token has utility in writing investment data to the blockchain and executing smart contract code to decentralize the investment process
-  Decentralized:  Our platform is completely decentralized. Investment data and user funds are controlled autonomously by the smart contracts and are never touched by a third party.
-  Execution and results:  Our MVP is developed and a private beta will be released soon

We just announced ourselves publicly yesterday, are already listed on ICO Bench and have recieved an intial rating of 4.3 out of 5. 🎉 https://icobench.com/ico/coinvest.

You can follow our ANN thread here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2381017

kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

It's like playing on a stock exchange. It's easy to lose money or get a big win. Everything depends on the inner instinct, luck and information obtained from different sources.
hitler007

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:24:31 PM

Yes it depends on the project. I participated in the airdrop for Amor https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2394762 and those guys seem to be doing just fine
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:09:58 PM

It's safe if you do your research and know what (and who) you're buying.
but to do my own research will take time, if I think if ico was followed by many participants and many people who commented well then ico is safe

veraoktav127

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:15:40 PM

Not safe if you are in South Korea right now.
why is not it safe to participate in ico in south korea? whether due to political conditions or other causes?

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

i'm a newbe but i defenetely think it is not safe - not with all that scam and wallet vulnerabilities
Also there are many scammers around, even if you participate in an ico that is successful now you need to worry about not losing your coins to scammers, I have invested in some projects and the more active the project and the better prospects there are the more scammers appear and try to steal your coins.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:32:04 PM

i'm a newbe but i defenetely think it is not safe - not with all that scam and wallet vulnerabilities
Also there are many scammers around, even if you participate in an ico that is successful now you need to worry about not losing your coins to scammers, I have invested in some projects and the more active the project and the better prospects there are the more scammers appear and try to steal your coins.

It's really annoying. At this point you have to take enough security measures to secure your funds.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:15:12 AM

It is better to be more selective in choosing the projects you want to invest.
Safe or not no one knows.
You simply depend on luck to be profitable or not at all.
ICO's are safe to invest in if the proper amount of research was put into it. Some coins however can be manipulated because of a single whale.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zak2002

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:34:37 AM

but to do my own research will take time, if I think if ico was followed by many participants and many people who commented well then ico is safe

I used to think this too. But then I came to know of bounty campaigns by ICO's which means most of the comments on this website and followers of such ICos on social media like facebook, twitter etc are paid for.

IceOleg

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:42:55 AM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Yes and do - as with any investment! It's the same with traditional stock market. Is it safe - yes, is moderately safe if you investigated the business of the company accurately, understand it and you are sure that the team behind the project is a group of reliable professionals. If you do not do any reasearch and just buy tockens from different projects with a promising name and fancy design - than it's a gambling and it is not safe.

You can win in both scenarious, but I prefer to invest to the projects I really understand, that's why I rarely invest more than two ICO or 3-4 companies at the same time.

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:50:34 AM

It is safe if you understand the project and believe in the team that they can deliver on what they are promising, to me the most important thing that people fail to read and understand is the term and conditions of these ICO which is very important
kittie11

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:06:33 AM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

we can't deny the fact that there are really ICO's whose intention is to scam people of their hard earned money.
But we cannot generalize all of the coin.
There are still those who are legitimate.
To invest in ICO you should at least find out what level of work for the project has already been completed and restrict yourself from ICO which only have a whitepaper but no any work mentioned in that whitepaper done.

I have read a few whitepapers and research upcoming ICOs and there is one who really caught my attention. Most of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have nothing behind them but Propthereum.io are an asset back cryptocurrency with potentially great coin appreciation. Definitely one you should check out for!

dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:18:44 AM

I used to think this too. But then I came to know of bounty campaigns by ICO's which means most of the comments on this website and followers of such ICos on social media like facebook, twitter etc are paid for.
Yes. That's kind of a stupid thing where you base your judgement as how many people follows it while there are decent ICOs out there who needs more attention and really deserves that attention than those who are popular scammy ICOs. We should stick to research and judge ny ourself whether it is worth it or not.
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:59:13 AM

Depending on your campaign. Before you join, first try to scan it carefully to find out the source, what is their purpose. To get you an idea if this is true. See also the number of people involved In the bounty, ico, and so on. Find out who the developer is and their real Personality. There you will know whether the ICO will be safe.
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:17:46 AM

As safe as our research. DD all the way.

Gintama214

Activity: 462

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:55:44 PM

Your right, there are many ICOs that are coming out and I would not say that its safe to participate because you are investing on something and remember there is always risks on investing. It's totally up to you if you want to invest on new coins or the old ones but we can't predict the future so we don't know if that could be the next bitcoin or not. It's okay to think like that but just be careful because some of the ICOs will not succeed and you don't wanna waste your money with that. Good luck  Wink.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:48:21 PM

Not safe if you are in South Korea right now.
why is not it safe to participate in ico in south korea? whether due to political conditions or other causes?
In South Korea, the ICO was banned after China, since they can not control it. They also do not recognize bitcoin. Maybe over time they will change their mind with the popularity of crypto currency!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: