Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15513 times)
IamHigh

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:32:00 PM

Cryptocurrency and ICO, the company is very profitable yet very risky. In any case, a lot to invest is not worth it. Because you can lose everything.

Remember to choose the best ico to decrease the possibility of your loses in the ico. I told you about one of the promising ico such as measurable token which already raised 20k ethereum at the pre-sale.
If you are seeing some another closed ico which already traded above the ico price and it seems the fact that they are very promising or have a lot of the demands. So, you can try to put your money in there.

The worst one, I participated Indorse ICO, for instance and I lost almost all my investment. They're like kidding us. They killed indorse tokens on purpose and the token is almost nothing now. So, please careful before make a contribution in any ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:48:11 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
It safe to join ICO because you can earn more token now and if you want safe ICO you want find efficiency  and legit and successful. I think there is a lot of ICO today to be participate.

LeaderAMB

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:16:37 AM

Nothing is safe entirely, you must take your time to do your own due diligence and investigate the ICO as much as possible before making a decision. If you rush in to decisions through laziness or FOMO that is when you are likely to get caught out and lose your funds.

i agree with you, everyday have many ICOs is raising and we are not able know which ones are good or bad unless we have got research about their project. The most important is the team, we have to sure that the team has experience in the domain they are launching, that's very important as it will determine whether operations will be handled adequately. After we need to research about the idea of project, product, roadmap.... research all carefully before invest your money

fireblond

Activity: 200

Thrive

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:25:08 AM

Obvious answer would be depends on the ICO, always do your research and look at the team behind the ICO even if the project looks promising but there is no team behind it then don't participate and look for reviews regarding the ICO. Lastly pretty basic but don't ever invest 100% of your money into an ICO.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
Matteo.b

Activity: 356

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:30:09 AM

For me it is not safe to participate in ICO's. In this business there a lot of spam, many risk happen. You have to see more details and make sure it is safe to participate.
Janeath33

Activity: 65

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

Everyone ICO that you want to invest your money in, should have a couple of things in place for you to ensure that you won't lose your hard earned money. First and most important is the team. Make sure the team is solid and has experience in the domain they are launching, that's very important as it will determine whether operations will be handled adequately. The second most important (could be even the first for some people) is the idea itself. How does it affect the current community and makret it serves, are there enough people interested in the product or service and how will the projection and market growth will look like for the next years. Third point is the financial means of a project, which is whether they can cover basic operations such as rent ,servers, salaries etc.
Josephierp

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:29:24 AM

It really depends on the kind of ICO you're talking about. Everyone ICO that you want to invest your money in, should have a couple of things in place for you to ensure that you won't lose your hard earned money.
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 02:33:31 AM

I think it's safe. as long as you read the whitepaper,roadmap,and know who is working on the project
Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:00:30 AM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
It depend on the project.  And you need to learn before you participate or read it. Because not all are good, there's are bad, be careful always
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 07:22:26 AM

ICOs are good as long as you research for its legitimacy. This is because some ICOs I find are copy only of other tokens and altcoins. They are considered scam and not good for investment. If you fall for their hokus focus project, then byebye to your investment.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:27:21 AM

It is safe yo participate if you are already prepared and have done your research. Due diligence in making your research should have been done. You should be very careful on determining which is legit and scam ICOs. Read their Whitepapers, roadmap, and research on the capabilities of the owners and team who will run the project. There are a lot to reasearch before you will be able to know how safe the icos which are coming out.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Lord casanova

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:41:08 AM

do your due diligence before investing in any ico.  I have invested in some icos after reading the whitepaper and the searching about the reputation of the team and do not invest more than you can afford to lose..
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:48:35 AM

It depends what you mean by safe?

If you do your due diligence correctly make sure that the ICO is not a bad investment then it is fine.

There is risk however. Do not invest money you cannot afford to loose.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:54:49 AM

do your due diligence before investing in any ico.  I have invested in some icos after reading the whitepaper and the searching about the reputation of the team and do not invest more than you can afford to lose..
I agree with you because actually trading altcoins, gambling and investment into the ICOs are high risk losing money activities in digital coins, so we must understand about what's doing on it, we don't just thinking about the profit of money can be taken from there, we also must understand about the risk losing money, management of money and analysis fundamental of the ICOs projects, everything must be learned by us as investors before put the money in the ICOs projects.
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:02:10 AM

Yes it is safe to particepate in ICO just study there Roadmap,Whitepaper and the objective of the project.There is 3 steps in participating in an ICO.

Steps:
1.Obtain Coins - You’ll need some cryptocurrency in order to participate in an ICO or crowdsale because these crowdsales don’t typically accept USD or other fiat currencies. Most are designed to have a smart contract accept peoples contributions and then automatically return to them the new token.

2.Move your Coins to a User Controlled Wallet - In order to receive the token that the ICO is selling you need to send the money from a wallet where you have control over the private key. If you send ether from your Coinbase account to an ICO address all that will happen is you’ll make Coinbase richer. Nobody wants that.

Instead once you’ve purchased ether or whatever cryptocurrency you’ve chosen from Coinbase move the money to a user controlled wallet like My Ether Wallet or Parity. The Parity wallet actually has a feature where you can set it to make a payment at an exact time which is useful if the ICO you’d like to participate in will be beginning while you are still asleep. With the speed in which these ICOs have been selling out this makes Parity a great option.

3.Contibute to the ICO - Okay, you’ve obtained your ether, you’ve moved the ether to a user controlled wallet like Parity and you are ready to be a first mover in the hot new token that is about to be launched. The next and final step is to send your cryptocurrency to the ICO address in order to receive the new token.
just a man

Activity: 266

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:03:10 AM

Yes it is safe to particepate in ICO just study there Roadmap,Whitepaper and the objective of the project.There is 3 steps in participating in an ICO.

Steps:
1.Obtain Coins - You’ll need some cryptocurrency in order to participate in an ICO or crowdsale because these crowdsales don’t typically accept USD or other fiat currencies. Most are designed to have a smart contract accept peoples contributions and then automatically return to them the new token.

2.Move your Coins to a User Controlled Wallet - In order to receive the token that the ICO is selling you need to send the money from a wallet where you have control over the private key. If you send ether from your Coinbase account to an ICO address all that will happen is you’ll make Coinbase richer. Nobody wants that.

Instead once you’ve purchased ether or whatever cryptocurrency you’ve chosen from Coinbase move the money to a user controlled wallet like My Ether Wallet or Parity. The Parity wallet actually has a feature where you can set it to make a payment at an exact time which is useful if the ICO you’d like to participate in will be beginning while you are still asleep. With the speed in which these ICOs have been selling out this makes Parity a great option.

3.Contibute to the ICO - Okay, you’ve obtained your ether, you’ve moved the ether to a user controlled wallet like Parity and you are ready to be a first mover in the hot new token that is about to be launched. The next and final step is to send your cryptocurrency to the ICO address in order to receive the new token.
You are too into investing in ICO's. Many people know that the ICO's that they invest in is not 100% safe.

sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:10:24 AM

There are ICOs that are safe to participate. But there are also fraud ICOs. So be careful.

Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

The altcoins are not as safe as equity or bitcoin, but the returns are much better.
If you want to go for a safer altcoin, choose one with an existent company behind.
My favourite is https://appcoins.io with 200 million users behind: appcoins.io
But do your own due diligence.
obizcoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:01:07 AM

Safety cannot be generalized. Its a subjective matter. Safety regarding ICO investments is multifactorial. You need to evaluate alot of things before making an investment decisions. Concept of the business, Promoters background and concept, Funds raised, promises made, whitepaper and legal disclaimers, business models. Please read the following article to understand critical points for evaluating ICO investments
https://coins.newbium.com/post/10268-are-icos-with-grand-promotions-safe-to-invest-in

crypto_bit

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:25:35 AM

The worst one, I participated Indorse ICO, for instance and I lost almost all my investment. They're like kidding us. They killed indorse tokens on purpose and the token is almost nothing now. So, please careful before make a contribution in any ICO.

Yeah, ICOs are like gambling, you may loose everything. I think they are worth of risk if you trust the project completely . If not, it's better just to buy more bitcoin and be happy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: