Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:05:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15513 times)
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:11:45 AM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
Of course it is safe as long as you are not citizen from US or china as almost all ico won't receive contribution from that two countries. The next thing you have to do is do a research about the project so you can set your hold target / profit target or even loss limit from the project.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:23:28 AM

I think it's the same with everthing, sometimes you just have to loose money to learn sth. But it's always better to learn sth at first, and use others experience.
Nah, you shouldn't following other opinions because sometimes people just promoting their scam coins to help the dev collecting your money before dump their project. However, read and keep track your ICO are a way to make sure you do the right choice with following the trustworthy ICO.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Em_i_ly

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:33:38 AM

I think it's the same with everthing, sometimes you just have to loose money to learn sth. But it's always better to learn sth at first, and use others experience.
Nah, you shouldn't following other opinions because sometimes people just promoting their scam coins to help the dev collecting your money before dump their project. However, read and keep track your ICO are a way to make sure you do the right choice with following the trustworthy ICO.

What do you mean by saying "keep track your ICO"?
prodigalson

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:32:25 PM

Depends on the project. There are lots of ICO criterias discussed here, unless common sense does not ring a bell.

Hello, cryptoworld
torukmakto

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

You should consider contemplating the task and the designers of the project. For ICO is as speculation, it is extremely risky. Yet, you can't win on the off chance that you wont go for broke. The thing is, most ICO are finishing effective quite most tokens of the ICO dumps in return.
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:38:21 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
Of course it is safe as long as you are not citizen from US or china as almost all ico won't receive contribution from that two countries. The next thing you have to do is do a research about the project so you can set your hold target / profit target or even loss limit from the project.
And you should not forget calculation the total limits time you need to spend to wait the price of the ICO token increases. There is no token can provides you a huge profitable after listed on exchange. Only potential token or token controlled by the whale will be high at first time, but finally, the price of that token also dumps to the low price forever.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:39:29 PM

no its not safe to participate in an ICO, because its gambling you have to research the projects

regards

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:44:02 PM

no its not safe to participate in an ICO, because its gambling you have to research the projects

regards
That's not fair, because there are lots of successful ico and most of the ICO show positive growth at least once. Very few go worse in between due to some sort of issues that arise with the project development team.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:49:23 PM

regards
That's not fair, because there are lots of successful ico and most of the ICO show positive growth at least once. Very few go worse in between due to some sort of issues that arise with the project development team.

just participating is however gambling,

it has nothing to do with fairnes i am doing an ICO also, but the market is unregulated meaning mentally we are free from the crazy parliaments that overregulated banks into a way that they dont work anymore at all except lending money to each other and gambling with stochastic math with stocks (i know what i am talking about) and in the future maybe also cryptocurrencies.

regards

max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:53:30 PM

participating with the ico requires of more as investor to gains with the decision as managing use with the works of evaluation.
that the better with the returns of evaluation those helps as to collects of more with confirmation as achieving returns as the number of presettled as by the beginning chance of entrance as attaining field of the business.

Abdelirius@Tokeny

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:55:03 PM

What do you mean by saying "keep track your ICO"?

He means to keep up with their news and developments. Obviously follow their twitter and set a keyword alert in google so that you know right away when something's happening around their project. You'd also need to keep an eye on the news and see if any worthy competitors show up in the meanwhile.

Otherwise, a safe ICO in my opinion would be one that has a good smart contract, one that would return your money if the team fails to fulfill certain tasks on their roadmap. I would also pay close attention to their legal preparation, ICOs that don't pay much attention to their legal obligations may be exposed to high risk later on in their development which may eventually hurt your coin's price.
Some ICOs looked extremely successful at first too but then problems between the team members lead to a devaluation of the coin (Tezos). I would look closely at the arrangement the team has (if that info is available) with any partners and try to anticipate such problems as best as you can.

But all in all, the risk is always there, it's part of the very definition of investment.
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:12:44 PM

regards
Why not fair? Honestly, invest in ICO look like as a gambling when you do not have any guarantee for your capital. That is the reason you need to accept the total money you have invested can lose in someday.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:17:39 PM

It is a little more dangerous than investing in startups.  The majority will fail but at least startups are way less likely to be scams.

It is high risk high reward investing. 

You should diversify your portfolio to include the whole spectrum.  Generally if you are younger, have an income, and have a lot of time then adding more high risk high yield options is ok.  If you want stability, for example if you plan on retiring soon, then you would want to move most things over to safer bets.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
charlemagne741

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:40:36 PM

This entire safe/unsafe debate doesn't make much sense. You're investing your money into someone's product in order to accomplish something--usually make more money.
An investment is never safe, that's the whole point. You willingly "give up" your money by investing into something else in hopes of it doing well and making you even more money sometime in the future. There's nothing certain about that no matter what sort of investment we take.

Perhaps a better question would be whether it's really that easy to make money on ICOs. Of course.. it depends.
In general, you can make a shit ton of money even on really bad project--considering you're aware and know when to get rid if it. It's probably not the best strategy though. Also, while many of the blockchain projects are indeed very different from the usual business startups, they have something in common. That's the fact that most new business fail. Even the best ones can fail, and often will.

So no, not every ICO is a scam, some of them are, but if you do due diligence, you should be able to find solid projects, with good teams and support behind them. Again, that is no guarantee of anything.

Another thing to consider is something I've been paying a bit more attention to lately. I've always found a bit strange how many people there are who dump their tokens as soon as they possibly can. It's not like you win a jackpot with each sale, but everytime, those people are there. So I had dug into it a bit more as I felt there was something I didn't know. And if there's one important realization I made, it's this: people have no idea how many investors are making money off of them without them knowing. By each public token sale or even pre-sale, you already paying for their investments which they got on better terms.
Most often those are the big players, hedge funds, etc. who get better prices, but you don't need to be an accredited investor at all. The whole Silicon Valley is pretty much build on this...
You invest under something bigger-- you form groups with other investors and, as a result, your buying power grows. That's how you get the good deals, it doesn't need to be anything formal or official. Might not beat the hedge-funds, but you'll beat the public solo investor, in some cases by a lot.  The thing is, those groups are often private and it's hard to find them. The YouTuber from the CoinMastery channel mentioned this some time ago and it made perfect sense when he was talking about it. I've recently discovered just one such group https://cryptosyndicate.org, where they do this exact thing. I can definitely recommend that one, but the deals don't come too often. Not if you plan on investing into multiple ICO's each week.

The best part about this "collective buying" is that if the bonuses are big enough, you can make some really easy money by selling asap, no matter the coin really. If the bonus gets you 50% more tokens, it will probably be the easiest 2x of your life. That CoinMastery YouTuber said he sees future in this exact thing and I tend to agree. It's kind of the same concept as the Angel List concept of Naval Ravikant, but you don't really have to do anything , just get in the group and wait for good enough

You should definitely make your own picture so don't take anything I said as advice. Just what I think..
Annghutity

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:52:22 AM

Investing on ICO is no longer safe because most ICO companies after the sale of the price are heavily destroyed below the price of ICO. I suggest to think to investing there or maybe prefer ICO that has the best grade.
cyntmms1

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:07:48 AM

It's investment.
You invest for their project by buying their tokens and the value of tokens would be proportional to profit of the project.
Most of the ICO's are profitable as their price would increase on reaching the market.
But some of them are total scams which would lead your investment to nothing.
So, study about the project before investing.
yes ,, I totally agree with your opinion ,,, there are many ico very profitable for us follow ,,, but still we have to be careful ,, because there are many also a scam ,, we must learn it first before deciding to join with the ico

sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:16:10 AM

Yes it is safe to participate in ICOs and they are really profitable. But there are a lot of ICOs that are just a scam so you better watch out to that ICOs because it will just take your money are varnish immediately. So in order to avoid that scam you should always check their whitepaper and other platforms and they should be legit and those people  those project that you eill join must be professionals and not juat an ordinary people. Because you will spend big money to them and it is hard to lose that money. So before entering a project study well those ICOs.
adsdas

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:54:08 AM

Certainly, you will have risks when joining to ICOs. Nothing is safe in investment. But I think you can control this risks by your knowledge.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
JavaScriptcoin

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:28:10 AM

Well there are some of the ICO that are good and at the same time there are some of them that are bad. All depends on your in which to invest. But ICO is generally good, you can get a lot of tokens for good price!
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:42:50 AM

The ability of a small company with unproven tech to convince major investors and banks to take a risk on them once seemed highly unlikely.That,however,has changed with the invention of the initial coin offering (ICO).

The initial coin offering allows tech companies to quickly put up a small cap initial public offering without the regulatory requirements,financial requirements,or legal diligence a traditional IPO requires.A company,in a matter of minutes,can raise tens of millions dollars.This liquidity has made ICO's attractive investment vehicles.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: