Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:37:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15513 times)
princessfalcon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:04:19 AM

The advantages of Bitcoin is its individuality it's not managed by any governmentd then any antcoin creator or monitory board that the bight factor I like which is the bigger most advantage of Bitcoin.Yet another thing is its price within 8 year of period the development of bitcoin is incredible it's also the additional advantage of Bitcoin. Bi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:52:47 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

We cannot really tell if an ICO is legit and successful. Although it is very tempting to participate in ICO especially when they forecast the how much is the value of their coins in the market after the ICO, but the truth is the market and community decide the value of the coins. So as long they cant implement their project fully, most coins will just be dumped just after it is listed in the market.
Finally, I found the person has same idea with me Grin.
Yes, we can not blame all the problems in the price of ICOs token by the status working of devs.
The controller of the price is the user - investor, if they want to have high price, they need to spend more money to buy.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
GloriousDonkey52

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:27:28 AM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

We cannot really tell if an ICO is legit and successful. Although it is very tempting to participate in ICO especially when they forecast the how much is the value of their coins in the market after the ICO, but the truth is the market and community decide the value of the coins. So as long they cant implement their project fully, most coins will just be dumped just after it is listed in the market.
Finally, I found the person has same idea with me Grin.
Yes, we can not blame all the problems in the price of ICOs token by the status working of devs.
The controller of the price is the user - investor, if they want to have high price, they need to spend more money to buy.

Correct it depends to the users. The more money invested in bitcoin the higher the price it will get. The more people drawn in using bitcoin, the more it increases its market value.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:42:12 AM

It is safe if you have come to participate into some successful and legit icos because there are some icos out there that are just a scam and some others are fail that is why the image of an icos now are not that good because those past incidents that a lot of people losing money because of investing in some icos that are just a fail. It is hard for them because they have earn it foe a long period of time then they just want to increase their money so that they invested it in some icos but the result  they just get scammed.
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:01:08 AM

It's safe if you do your research and know what (and who) you're buying.

Yes, as long as you do investigation first regarding the ICO you planned to join, then it will be safe for you to join them. It's a best thing to know first the team if  they have already previous project that went to a success, that's a plus factor. Visit their website and read their white paper properly and understand it and consider their roadmap too.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
chronek

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:09:39 AM

For participate on a ICO firstly you have to look on there team and there background and There road map. A project become success with his concept if the concept uniq and very useful then you can join the ICO but look on those matter.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 03:28:24 AM

Depends on what ICO. You have to look at it carefully before jumping in. Even if it's legit then it can also turn out as a failure.

naglas

Activity: 233

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:54:09 AM

You should do a quite detailed ICO to protect yourself from scams and frauds.
Team must have profiles that you can verify e.g. on linkedin and looks like they have the required experience to deliver on what they said
Then the idea itself must make sense to you
And then finally look at the amount they are trying to raise, too much is usually a red flag. Evaluating the hard cap is more of an art than science. For example if a project is building a blockchain but is asking for 200m, but company has no revenue yet and little staff, then it's probably way too much
E.g tezos ended up investing in gold because they raised too much money and now internally their company is fighting each other to get a piece of the funds raised.
Aleya

Activity: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:12:12 AM

For participate on a ICO firstly you have to look on there team and there background and There road map. A project become success with his concept if the concept uniq and very useful then you can join the ICO but look on those matter.
Agreed with you
For participate on any ico at first we have to look on their team and their background amd also their Road map. Because Different ico has different background. Project must not successful all time. It's accident. You can participate any ico but you must know that about ico.
Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:06:01 AM

Participating in any ICO always comes with a risk. There is no safe one,everythings come with a risk. We are actually gambling whenever we participate in an ICO. We are betting if that ICO will be a success or not ( with money, with our investment).

What we can only do is to improve our betting chance through various research. Background checking and project analyzing are the things we commonly do. And this is almost right all the time, there are just some cases where in scammers also got good project and good team so please be careful. Trust your instinct sometimes because not everything we see is real 😊
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:08:12 AM

i have been participating ICO but i never meet any trouble about it ,ICO maybe successful or not I'm still glad that I've been part of it. and before i joined ICO i see to it that it is not a scam so the effort won't be useless..
jomarthegreat89

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:09:36 AM

Honestly speaking, it's not even safe to participate in IPOs (stocks) which are regulated by the govt. How much more for unregulated ones? Nevertheless, there are many coins out there worthy of your investment. Just do some due diligence and you should find a handful of them.
escrow4acc

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:25:26 AM

In the world of investment, there is nothing 100% safe.
There is always a risk. If you want safety - give your money to the bank for a deposit under a pathetic 5% per year.
ICO is a very good tool that can leave you without a penny or make it fantastically rich - both options can take place in a very short time.
The most important investment in ICO is the in-depth analysis of the project and its team, as well as the niches that they are going to occupy in the market.

Crown1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:54:40 AM

It should be hard to be the next bitcoin, but it should be easy to earn more than you can invest in bitcoins, and invest in some of the spectrum of ICO projects that will pay huge dividends.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Matteo.b

Activity: 356

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:01:20 PM

Yes maybe it safe but you can read first the ICO because many ICO i have meet already ICO  trouble but the others maybe they van success so I think read first before there go the ICO
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:04:37 PM

Not entirely but it is safe somehow. One thing is that you should be careful in choosing what ico to invest in; research and know everything anout the project before you invest in it, if possible know the people behind them. Investment is a risky thing to do especially in participating icos since we can never know which ico can deliver and will be successful. However, so long as you choose rightly and know what you are investing in, i think you are good to go.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:13:49 PM

No ico investment for me,if i see someting interesting i can observe and buy below ico price
Small shock will be if sec will classified tokes without real use like a security

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:15:49 PM

I only participate in their campaigns. In this way I don't  need to cash out in buying their coins/tokens. This is risky because there is a good chance that the project won't succeed. So I don't want to loose any of my personal cash.  I'd rather do the campaign and get rewarded for it.

DrakeDG

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:18:09 PM

Some ICO dont even have value at the end. Better not to invest money at first it is much risky than trading.
leyton11

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:19:09 PM

No ico investment for me,if i see someting interesting i can observe and buy below ico price
Small shock will be if sec will classified tokes without real use like a security
I like your strategy Grin. But for the owner of ICO projects, I think they don't like you and those who also have this strategy to investing. In this year, the concept of ICO investment has changed by the speculator, therefore, there's no reason to invest in ICO time, more chance to buy at low price after ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: