Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🔵🔵 OYSTER 🔵🔵 Anonymous Storage Generates Revenue for Websites  (Read 73332 times)
brunoblock

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:02:23 PM

So a website will have a script that willl use visitors cpu without his consent?Is not thjis unethical?

A small notice of consent will be displayed by default, similar to the cookies notice of consent. The notice will also provide a way to disable the POW, but this may or may not trigger the website to disable or limit access to the content.
brunoblock

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:10:57 PM

Looks like the sale was extended for 15 more days! Why is that?

I rushed to get all my funds in order when I could have held for today's uprising in price in crypto.

Plus the site said, "Crowdsale lasts until 400 million PRL* hard cap is reached or Nov 14, whichever comes first". This was a good time frame as it keeps the supply down.

Same here kinda annoying that it was extended two weeks. Would like to know the decision as to why.. Coin Schedule said over 97% of the 400M was reached?

There is no way that many 97% was reached. There are at most a couple hundred Ether invested.   Where is this Coin Schedule thing you are looking at?

Personally I don't mind an extended crowdsale to get more funds to the devs though I want to see development progress kick up.

If they extended Token sale for extra two weeks that means they didn't reach satisfactory Token sale number level, that's for sure. They didn't keep promise - just be careful, this happens every day in crypto world nothing to worry about . Personally, I will wait for exchange, it may turn out better than jump into "extended coin offering train" Never rush for ICO - gold rule unless you 100% happy to take the risk and you think is really good choice. I did that with Monetha (MTH) now I am 60% down with my investment just to give you real example.

If your investment drop value after some time on exchange don't sell with loss, be patient it may take some time (3, 6, 9 months - sometimes longer)

Never invest more you can afford to lose, now you know why panic sale or worry about price should never cloud your judgment.

I added this project to my watch list and will follow closely.

I do not like the dishonesty. I invested base on the number of sold tokens using Etherscan to track. When the 13th came along I decided it would be a good investment as there was 100m instead of 400m. I sold some of my other tokes at a loss to buy in before the 14th. When I saw it was extended I was infuriated. I am cautious with the little money I have to invest and I am disappointed I trusted the developers. I have been fooled before but it was just blatant dishonesty.

I went from having so much hope in this project to feeling like I had made a huge mistake in seconds.

Did you read the Telegram announcement? It was not dishonesty, we are dealing with a very tight situation and if we didn’t extend the sale then 3 weeks worth of hard work on a marketing deal would have gone to waste.

100 million PRL of the 108.5 is the devfund + marketing budget. The economy of the token is not well balanced with that kind of ratio.

Let alone the current amount raised is insufficient to pay full time salaries to the core team. You would rather I program the entire protocol on my own in 3x the time?

The extension is good for both the development of the project and the value of the PRL token, hence investors.

As developers, with a goal of raising money, you should be transparent on all communication channels, not just Telegram.

I don't understand, 1 ETH for 5000 PRL and you sold 108m PRL that should come to 21,600 ETH @ $300 per ETH you should have raised $6,480,000.00. I think that is more then most startups raise.

Please explain if my math is incorrect.

The official website had a notice installed that the sale was extended and that you should see the telegram announcement for more information.

Like I already said, 100 million was generated and held for devfund + marketing. 8 million was generated to assign tokens to the presale participants and miscellaneous use. Tokens were used as payment instead of ETH/BTC wherever possible, since this project did not start with initial capital like seed funding.

I agree that the token distribution doesn’t look balanced right now, but this is because we are in a transitory phase. One way or another the token distribution will make sense in the end. PM me on telegram if you must know more about how.
brunoblock

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:11:54 PM

Bruno,  will those who participated in the bounty campaigns be paid their tokens given that the ICO end date has been moved forward?

The bounty manager stated the 14th which was the intitial ICO end.

As soon as Sylon sends me the final spreadsheet I will distribute the tokens.
deanlikescomics

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:48:10 AM

Looks like the sale was extended for 15 more days! Why is that?

I rushed to get all my funds in order when I could have held for today's uprising in price in crypto.

Plus the site said, "Crowdsale lasts until 400 million PRL* hard cap is reached or Nov 14, whichever comes first". This was a good time frame as it keeps the supply down.

Same here kinda annoying that it was extended two weeks. Would like to know the decision as to why.. Coin Schedule said over 97% of the 400M was reached?

There is no way that many 97% was reached. There are at most a couple hundred Ether invested.   Where is this Coin Schedule thing you are looking at?

Personally I don't mind an extended crowdsale to get more funds to the devs though I want to see development progress kick up.

If they extended Token sale for extra two weeks that means they didn't reach satisfactory Token sale number level, that's for sure. They didn't keep promise - just be careful, this happens every day in crypto world nothing to worry about . Personally, I will wait for exchange, it may turn out better than jump into "extended coin offering train" Never rush for ICO - gold rule unless you 100% happy to take the risk and you think is really good choice. I did that with Monetha (MTH) now I am 60% down with my investment just to give you real example.

If your investment drop value after some time on exchange don't sell with loss, be patient it may take some time (3, 6, 9 months - sometimes longer)

Never invest more you can afford to lose, now you know why panic sale or worry about price should never cloud your judgment.

I added this project to my watch list and will follow closely.

I do not like the dishonesty. I invested base on the number of sold tokens using Etherscan to track. When the 13th came along I decided it would be a good investment as there was 100m instead of 400m. I sold some of my other tokes at a loss to buy in before the 14th. When I saw it was extended I was infuriated. I am cautious with the little money I have to invest and I am disappointed I trusted the developers. I have been fooled before but it was just blatant dishonesty.

I went from having so much hope in this project to feeling like I had made a huge mistake in seconds.

Did you read the Telegram announcement? It was not dishonesty, we are dealing with a very tight situation and if we didn’t extend the sale then 3 weeks worth of hard work on a marketing deal would have gone to waste.

100 million PRL of the 108.5 is the devfund + marketing budget. The economy of the token is not well balanced with that kind of ratio.

Let alone the current amount raised is insufficient to pay full time salaries to the core team. You would rather I program the entire protocol on my own in 3x the time?

The extension is good for both the development of the project and the value of the PRL token, hence investors.

As developers, with a goal of raising money, you should be transparent on all communication channels, not just Telegram.

I don't understand, 1 ETH for 5000 PRL and you sold 108m PRL that should come to 21,600 ETH @ $300 per ETH you should have raised $6,480,000.00. I think that is more then most startups raise.

Please explain if my math is incorrect.

The official website had a notice installed that the sale was extended and that you should see the telegram announcement for more information.

Like I already said, 100 million was generated and held for devfund + marketing. 8 million was generated to assign tokens to the presale participants and miscellaneous use. Tokens were used as payment instead of ETH/BTC wherever possible, since this project did not start with initial capital like seed funding.

I agree that the token distribution doesn’t look balanced right now, but this is because we are in a transitory phase. One way or another the token distribution will make sense in the end. PM me on telegram if you must know more about how.

Thank you for explaining, I am good. I have a lot of faith in this project and you seem to be active here. I'm glad I invested and look forward to seeing this project successful. I will join Telegraph to keep an eye out on the projects progress.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:25:06 AM

Bruno,  will those who participated in the bounty campaigns be paid their tokens given that the ICO end date has been moved forward?

The bounty manager stated the 14th which was the intitial ICO end.

As soon as Sylon sends me the final spreadsheet I will distribute the tokens.

Currently when i look at the spreadsheet for the final stake the calculations i think it will done for now.
And we gonna do is to wait when they going to distribute the token.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:15:34 PM

Why can’t we design the system so that webnodes just unlock the PRL themselves via an API like etherscan.io?
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:07:16 PM

Why can’t we design the system so that webnodes just unlock the PRL themselves via an API like etherscan.io?

I am not exactly sure what your question is - but right now it is storage users who pay in pearl for decentralized storage which the webnodes support.  As webnodes do proof of work and data retention operations which store the file they find these pearls.  This system connects storage users, website owners, and all the unused resources of website visitors.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Clairvoyance

Activity: 412
Merit: 152

Perceiving events in the future and beyond

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:05:16 AM

What happened to the Telegram Group? It says "Sorry this chat is no longer accessible." Care to explain?
brunoblock

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:37:49 AM

Nice try, I put a 30K PRL bounty to whoever answers the question.

What happened to the Telegram Group? It says "Sorry this chat is no longer accessible." Care to explain?

It's working and active: https://t.me/oysterprotocol

Did you spam in it and get banned?
Clairvoyance

Activity: 412
Merit: 152

Perceiving events in the future and beyond

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:23:12 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 03:22:30 AM by Clairvoyance

I didn't spam I just asked once if there are any exchanges available but that query was almost 3 weeks ago. Can you fix this? My Telegram was @ClairvoyanceESP
Kayeshlyn

Activity: 294
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:56:38 AM

I smell $ for Oyster. Since it was already listed in CoinMarketCap & Etherdelta.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:15:05 AM

nice finally listed on coinmarketcap
buyingcoins

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:30:53 AM

Here's a step by step guide to setting up a wallet and buying Oyster Protocol tokens: https://getcrypto.info/oyster-pearl/
jpbregonje

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:14:21 PM

I work together as a developer with https://airdropalert.com and I have to say I just love this concept. Joined the airdrop, after that bought myself a few Pearls extra and I'm confident enough to hodl.

Any plans on release dates? I see your Trello board for development is quite empty Wink
CryptoGorilla

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:22:38 PM

I work together as a developer with https://airdropalert.com and I have to say I just love this concept. Joined the airdrop, after that bought myself a few Pearls extra and I'm confident enough to hodl.

Any plans on release dates? I see your Trello board for development is quite empty Wink

You got a point. What use does a link to your progress on the website have as the latest progress seems to be from the 14th of October?

Besides that: On the bottom of the website I see a countdown to the 30th of November.

Tokensale is still happening?

Why are these coins already being traded on EtherDelta at 25 percent of ICO-price?

If I had 1 ETH I could invest it in the tokensale to get 5000 PRL.

If I took that ETH to Ether Delta I could get almost 20 000 PRL now.

What should I do   Huh ?

Explain to me why I should participate in the tokensale through the official oyster-website please...

Join the Oyster Revolution!
Oyster enables anonymous file storage and traffic monetization.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:47:47 AM

Is it possible to know when exactly are we gonna see a balanced situation for funding and crowdsale? I understand there are some good reason for extending the current period of time for more raising, but it seems many people want to know when and how are they going to be able to enjoy their part of investment. About Telegram channel, I consider it a great way of communication with the team.

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
totholio

Merit: 17

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:33:22 PM

I didn't spam I just asked once if there are any exchanges available but that query was almost 3 weeks ago. Can you fix this? My Telegram was @ClairvoyanceESP

Same problem, not even joined it. @totholio
CryptoGorilla

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:29:40 PM

I was able to buy PRL for a very low price but now the price on Ether Delta is even lower...  Huh

ICO-sale = 5000 PRL for 1 ETH makes 0.0002ETH/PRL

I just purchased PRL-tokens at 0.0000376ETH/PRL, at least 5 times cheaper... Someone really didn't want those tokens.

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:46:24 PM

totholio Oyster Pearl Telegram account is up and running, I can confirm that. Just joined today without any issues. On mobile make sure you open a link with your default browser: Apple on Safari and Android - the stock browser that your mobile phone is using. Once browser asks you to open Telegram make sure to click "Join" at the bottom screen before jump into chat.

CryptoGorilla I have my PRL's from range 0.00004940ETH/PRL - 0.00003000ETH/PRL. I really want it to participate in Oyster ICO and UTrust ICO too but the timing wasn't good for me, no money to buy until payday. Today I got some cheaper Tokens and I hope it will cover my recent purchase of Monetha tokens that didn't hold price too good.
CryptoGorilla

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 06:34:30 PM

I also hope that Oyster will make up for lost Monetha-money. Monetha is the reason I don't trust Utrust, too slick.

Oyster does look a lot smarter and useful and I haven't been spammed by advertisements of Oyster, something I can't say about Utrust.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: