Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:34:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next 5 year for Bitcoin  (Read 7931 times)
lefthandA

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:55:54 PM

The number of BTC is fixed and it is 21M. each transaction has to be verified by Miners in order for it to be a valid transaction. Mining is very costly process and in return Miners get a reward with BTC. The difficulty of mining is getting higher and higher. My doubt is when we reach the limit of 21M, the difficulty of mining might be very costly and what if miners are no more interested in mining. Who will be there to verify transactions. Let's say however we hit the limit of 21M and then there is nothing to mine and then who is going to verify the transaction.

If miners leave mining that is fine, then difficulty goes down and it becomes more profitable for those that still mine. That's not a problem. Also the 21M limit won't be hit for many decades.
As far as I'm aware the difficulty takes a very long time to adjust downwards, unlike the very quick upward adjustments. So miners disappearing could cause a big problem. Don't quote me on this though, as I'm not 100% certain about this.
I personally think that we should also consider the other costs of mining, e.g., electricity, cost of hardware. When it becomes harder to mine, it may also become harder for stand alone miners to survive against those who rents aircraft hangers to mine. Because at some point, it may become unreasonable for small miners to mine if it will not bring any profit to them. That's my opinion Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:41:13 PM

The number of BTC is fixed and it is 21M. each transaction has to be verified by Miners in order for it to be a valid transaction. Mining is very costly process and in return Miners get a reward with BTC. The difficulty of mining is getting higher and higher. My doubt is when we reach the limit of 21M, the difficulty of mining might be very costly and what if miners are no more interested in mining. Who will be there to verify transactions. Let's say however we hit the limit of 21M and then there is nothing to mine and then who is going to verify the transaction.

If miners leave mining that is fine, then difficulty goes down and it becomes more profitable for those that still mine. That's not a problem. Also the 21M limit won't be hit for many decades.
As far as I'm aware the difficulty takes a very long time to adjust downwards, unlike the very quick upward adjustments. So miners disappearing could cause a big problem. Don't quote me on this though, as I'm not 100% certain about this.
I personally think that we should also consider the other costs of mining, e.g., electricity, cost of hardware. When it becomes harder to mine, it may also become harder for stand alone miners to survive against those who rents aircraft hangers to mine. Because at some point, it may become unreasonable for small miners to mine if it will not bring any profit to them. That's my opinion Smiley
That's why I don't recommend mining for profits to beginners or low net worth individuals.
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:57:51 PM

That's why I don't recommend mining for profits to beginners or low net worth individuals.
Mining is not an easy job as other thought, you have to spend much time to learning and research about the method can mining with cheap fee for electric bill. Beside that, the price of hardware for mining is also not cheap. Especially, in my country, there are a lot of miners can not buy hardware mining because domestic supply is not enough while demand is too high, which has led to continuous increase in product value.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:27:19 PM

Mining is not an easy job as other thought, you have to spend much time to learning and research about the method can mining with cheap fee for electric bill. Beside that, the price of hardware for mining is also not cheap. Especially, in my country, there are a lot of miners can not buy hardware mining because domestic supply is not enough while demand is too high, which has led to continuous increase in product value.
Yeah, mining is quite difficult for non-tech nerds. And even tech nerds don't always understand business enough to optimize the economical aspect of mining. It can be a great hedge if you know what you're doing though, but you need a lot of capital for it to be worth your time.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:08:45 PM

after release bitcoin 9 years running. but bitcoin increasing or increasing.so anyone have good opinion for next five year about bitcoin? feel freee and drop your opinion.
thanks

I really think that bitcoin will continue to grow because more and more people are starting to invest on bitcoin. Bitcoin price depends on market demand, which means if more people are investing on it, it's price will grow too. It is really good to have bitcoin because it is convenient to have and it is also a profitable investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:34:01 PM

Actually people are making question that what will be the future of bitcoin after 5 years? They are just finding reasons that what will happen after 5 years. Trust me nothing will be happen you are just wasting your time to make stories. Instead that invest into bitcoin because by investing in bitcoin you can earn even more dollars. Because bitcoin future is very bright.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
lifengpu

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:42:42 AM

In the next 5 years, as I think with bitcoin, there will be a lot of events like a drop in price and growth, and so future BTC looks very good
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

I think other coins will steal some of the thunder away form Bitcoin in the future as some like Ethereum can do more. But I can still see a 25k - 35k Bitcoin in 5 years time.
I think that prediction is low for five years, to me it seems the price could reach that value in one or two years tops, personally I would like for bitcoin to slow down so it gives more time to accumulate bitcoin before it skyrockets but if bitcoin wants to make us rich that soon I do not have a problem with that.
I think it is reasonable predictions. 25k-35k is an ideal figure for sustainable development. Bitcoin should not increase too fast, it will lead to many instabilities.
I still think it is a low prediction bitcoin reached almost 19k some days ago and right now is trading above 14k, it is my opinion we could reach 50k and while I agree that bitcoin could be better off growing slow at the end we do not control that, if bitcoin grows faster than that then we need to accept it.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:47:23 PM

In the next 5 years, as I think with bitcoin, there will be a lot of events like a drop in price and growth, and so future BTC looks very good
So exactly the same as always?
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:09:45 PM

I think other coins will steal some of the thunder away form Bitcoin in the future as some like Ethereum can do more. But I can still see a 25k - 35k Bitcoin in 5 years time.
I think that prediction is low for five years, to me it seems the price could reach that value in one or two years tops, personally I would like for bitcoin to slow down so it gives more time to accumulate bitcoin before it skyrockets but if bitcoin wants to make us rich that soon I do not have a problem with that.
I think it is reasonable predictions. 25k-35k is an ideal figure for sustainable development. Bitcoin should not increase too fast, it will lead to many instabilities.
I still think it is a low prediction bitcoin reached almost 19k some days ago and right now is trading above 14k, it is my opinion we could reach 50k and while I agree that bitcoin could be better off growing slow at the end we do not control that, if bitcoin grows faster than that then we need to accept it.
actually 5 years is a long enough time and predict what will happen with Bitcoin for this period is very difficult. Although we have already seen that over the past year, Bitcoin has shown both active growth and a rapid decline, so any forecasts can be very inefficient ...
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:55:27 PM

after release bitcoin 9 years running. but bitcoin increasing or increasing.so anyone have good opinion for next five year about bitcoin? feel freee and drop your opinion.
thanks

Actually, I think there's little to be said about it. Most analysts (and especially bitcoin enthusiasts) agree on the great growth that the bitcoin market will have in the next few years, and even some of its biggest detractors are beginning to join that consensus.

I do not know if this growth has sustainable basis according to the great problems and the limitations that begin to accumulate in the bitcoin ecosystem, but at least the speculators seem willing to prolong this growth in the medium term.
speaktome

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

thanks

Actually, I think there's little to be said about it. Most analysts (and especially bitcoin enthusiasts) agree on the great growth that the bitcoin market will have in the next few years, and even some of its biggest detractors are beginning to join that consensus.

I do not know if this growth has sustainable basis according to the great problems and the limitations that begin to accumulate in the bitcoin ecosystem, but at least the speculators seem willing to prolong this growth in the medium term.
Well,after seeing the success that it has had during his first nine years of history,the next five is also very likely that those will also succeed,but also in that time BTC can be more widely used by the peoples,so that the development and application of this technology is still quite young. 

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
MyIdeas

Activity: 734

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:54:43 PM

thanks

I think everybody here will agree with me that it will be a constant run up. It will be increasing, but there will be several dumps sure.
It will go 100000$ definitely!
You definitely have an agreeing point because it is true that in the coming years people will be attracted to bitcoin more and more and they will also invite other people to join bitcoin so this will be a condition when the price of bitcoin will increase up to a very higher level and in this time it is also possible that the world business will happen in terms of bitcoin and it will be a global currency for all the states of the world.
Utanjaran

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:12:57 AM

In next 5 years, there be a very significant change in bitcoin and its circulation in the global community. More countries and easier to use bitcoin for everyday life which of course is accompanied by value of bicoin more expensive again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  

Jump to: