Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 01:49:13 AM

try checking in contact support, there you can ask questions about coins or tokens that are stolen, and how to restore them.

good luck
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:02:44 AM

I advise you to buy nano s wallet or trezor. because for now it is actually the best to save coins is the second wallet. proven security. it does cost a little,but that is more important than losing all our assets
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 02:09:03 AM

try checking in contact support, there you can ask questions about coins or tokens that are stolen, and how to restore them.

good luck

No, the support cannot do something about it. Once your coins are stolen, then that's it. You cannot take it back anymore. Let this be a lesson for every one to always be careful when accessing that sites because there is a high possibility that OP has access a site and was phished that's why his coins are stolen. Just bookmark the sites you are always using and if possible do not search it in google because many phishing sites are advertised there. Do not click any e-mails from MEW because in the first place, you didn't give your e-mail when you created the wallet.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
yeeyeyaya

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:14:46 AM

the possible cause of this case is that your private is shared via phishing sites. You will be able to find the hacker address but know the identity of the owner, so that is not possible. This kind of situation is common among people who do not actually take strict security or security measures on their own private keys.
antonwantbitcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:18:03 AM

We must be careful. Most often, scammers use phishing sites.
jdgranfiel
Copper Member

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:35:12 AM

Be careful where you are using your private key. Except for linking my MEW to exchangers, I don't use it anywhere else. There's so much hacking going on through emails and telegram. Don't be fooled by email messages saying your airdrop token is ready for claim even though you actually didn't registered to something like that and tells you to enter your private key so as to prove you are human and not  a robot.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:38:52 AM

good luck

Losing token in personal MEW wallet is your personal faults. There is no way to blame or restore or get it back.
To OP, keep it as a lesson, from now you should learn how to protect your wallet.
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:42:12 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

It's quite painful going through this process. Getting hacked is worst when you can't fathom how the hacker got access to your private keys. You just need to be more careful about where you input your private data and be very careful of the applications you download.
AndreyBitTalk

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:47:21 PM

constantly there are reports about the hacking of wallets and all the time saying that we have to be more careful and not to give their keys - that wouldn't steal your coins.
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 10:26:23 PM

That is only possible if your private key is not secured and got stolen eventually and that should be your personal fault. Hackers are everywhere like Lions in the wilderness, so one needs to be more careful.

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
coffee_man

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:31:58 PM

Most likely you have previously visited MEW from a dummy site that recorded your private key. And the scammers took advantage of this case.
Be careful when clicking on the proposed links to MEW.
viewcoins

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:13:11 PM

Unfortunately, with the development of information security, hackers also develop. But the system always goes ahead and the chance of hacking is minimal.
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:17:03 PM

So the scammers are not asleep, in General, as in any field, you need to try to understand and what you do, do not matter what, then you will have more understanding about the processes taking place,and awake to understand how the scrotum, and awake more secure than ordinary people

Rastafarian

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:19:24 PM

I remember last year when I was new in cryptocurrency,I got my last money worth $200 still Len by an unknown person. I mistakenly copied my private key and filled some form with it and that was all.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

Unfortunately, recently, MEW wallets are often hacked and tokens are being taken away. One of the reasons is when you go to a phishing site and there you leave your data from your wallet. Another reason is when you indicated somewhere or your password from the wallet or private key. Another reason is the virus on your PC. The reasons are different, so try to work more carefully.
Tanzion27

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 08:37:48 PM

They are all around, every scammer is always there, even your files are all protected, they can hack all of that, fortunately, I haven't yet experience that, but I feel sorry for those who been experienced that. So better have a back up plan or expect the unexpected.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
cryptosyss

Activity: 157

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:12:51 PM

The cryptocurrency market is attractive not only for ordinary people, but also for hackers, unfortunately. You should be careful to protect your data with a good password, at least.

██    FORESTING     ██
█ next-generation social media service █
based on blockchain technology
arida_ds

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:51:32 PM

I've heard of cases like this, but I think it's a duck. With defenses like this, hacking is impossible.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:42:53 PM

And what can be done in this case? We need to work on our own safety more carefully. I always ignore messages that come to my e-mail and never download new programs from unverified sources. Private keys are stored in a Metamask, and I almost never log in to the MyEtherWallet. I don't feel safe, but it's better than nothing.
komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:53:15 PM

And what can be done in this case? We need to work on our own safety more carefully. I always ignore messages that come to my e-mail and never download new programs from unverified sources. Private keys are stored in a Metamask, and I almost never log in to the MyEtherWallet. I don't feel safe, but it's better than nothing.
in any case, every user of the purse ether itself determines the degree of protection of his coins. I mean that your safety will depend on your actions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: