Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

Your case is such a pathetic one...you can actually check the recent transactions on your account to know the account where your funds are transferred to. But I doubt the possibility of recovering them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davisagughalam

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:06:57 PM

Exposing your private key on the web is the reason for this hack. Even sending your private key acroos email is very risky as sniffers can be used to capture your key and this is used against you. Saving as draft is better. Even when mining on mew, I would advice to use other means to import your wallet apart from the private keys. A lot can go wrong.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
StevenCS

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

Apeswap Finance

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:26:11 PM

I am very sorry to hear that, are you sure your private key is safe? and no one else knows it? because usually the person who is closest and you don't think is the culprit, other than that don't carelessly copy paste your private key, you have to be careful of phising sites

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
aldorexxx

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:01:47 AM

Thefts are met very often here unfortunately but I want to make yourself checking your moves with money because it can be the reason of such situation too.
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:16:55 AM

The bad boys at work there, nothing else has happened to you than you are been hacked, different types of stories about being hacked online wallet now to me is due to the carelessness of the owner to such wallet. Because people are all about making money which makes them not to be vigilant about what they click on, some are email message being used by those hackers and we intend not to be careful or thinking can this be true, what worries me most is that most of this act are done by the wallet owner by filling their wallet access themselves.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
FloraMullan

Activity: 74
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:00:49 AM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

Have you tried to scan your wallet address on the block explorer?
I assuming that someone had access to your private keys and decided to hack all your tokens.
I know the feeling, it happened to me weeks back but with different wallet and not MEW.
I hardly read about my ether wallet hacks, how can it be possible. I have been using it for sometime now and haven't experienced such scenes.
View your account on etherscan to have a clue of where your coins might have went to.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:10:24 AM

The following things work for me:
  • very complicated account password
  • two-factor authentication for email
  • use only metamask
  • bookmark all important sites

jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:17:10 AM

Your tokens are stolen in your MEW maybe because some other people have your private key and they decided to get your tokens or transfer them into their own wallets. If you signed in it into some exchanges site/s, maybe the site you had signed in recently is pished or simply a scam crypto exchange site/s. Just be careful next time on handling your wallet so that your funds cannot be stolen.
redtrus55

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:37:03 AM

Yeah, actually we can't blame the person who hacked our coins in our wallet completely. Before we blame them, we should first self-introspect whether we have implemented all security procedures properly. Have we ensured our security that is connected with our myetherwallet, have we implemented all security procedures in our wallets. Only when we have self-introspection and it turns out we have run security procedures properly then we must accept that it is not our fortune. But if it turns out we experience carelessness in security procedures then we must be careful and learn from these events.
Esiky

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:40:43 AM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone? --> You can check your Tx hash to see your all token history has been moved to a different wallet address
I am not sure what to do! please advice folks. --> If you are logging in the MEW wallet using a private key, then stop immediately because this login is very easy to hack, you should pass the login using metamask or keystore to be safer.
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:53:51 AM

The bad news is that you'll not return your tokens back. Yes, you can track which account they are sent to, but this will not give you anything. Your account can only be accessed through a private key or keystore file, and hackers had it. How? You may have entered key on the phishing site.
xysheeh03

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:56:17 AM

Hacking myetherwallet is possible if you have logged in to a website yet you use the same username and password with your MEW and this is easier to hack by the hacker since you used yhe same username and password, so be careful with the email sent to your inbox and that is a phising site.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1859

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:05:04 AM

This is not a special case. There have been cases of MEW hacking. There are several possibilities. It could be that your private keys were accessed by other people. Perhaps when you entered through some phishing sites, or through some unreliable DEX, or perhaps when you saved them at the wrong place. Or perhaps you did send them somewhere. Start by looking at your past transactions. The blockchain does not lie. Try to trace where your coins went.

And please, be extra careful the next time around. I hate and feel sad reading stuff like this.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

There can be two ways for this tragedy if you really not giving to access your computer or lap.
1. you have leaked your pvt key
2. you have entered the pvt key to a fake MEW site.

project your pvt key safely and always check whether you are on the actual MEW site. better to bookmark it or check carefully whenever you use the MEW.

Tondya

Activity: 546

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:32:21 AM

In 99% of cases, it is only the guilt of user which uses myetherwallet, because myetherwallet is the safest platform and it is very difficult to hack it.

Tondya

Activity: 546

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:36:40 AM

I think your MEW wallet is hacked or your private key is stolen. I think hardware wallet is the safest way to protect your coins from hacker. For me, Trezor hardware is the best hardware wallet to keep your coins safe. Always remember that don't click any suspicious link that has been sent to you, shared on any social media sites.

Of course, it is the main reason. The safest way of holding private key is ledger or trezor wallet, or we can just hold it on USB flash card and use it only when we need to work with MEW.

ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:39:04 AM

There are so many phishing website now, you need to be more careful in opening MEW wallet.
there are some site who spelled almost the same as the legit one.
make sure to book mark the website to avoid this fake sites.
tokens can be track on your account they have records there of transferring out tokens.
maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:40:40 AM

That is very painful when the token has been moved to someone else's wallet. It happened also to me, the $ 500 token disappeared from my MEW wallet.
I can't do anything with the loss of tokens, except to make a new wallet ...

yeeyeyaya

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:51:57 AM

This kind of situation is common among people who do not actually take strict security or security measures on their own private keys. You will be able to find the address of the hacker but know the identity of the owner, so that is not possible. You can really check where your coins go or transact. the possible cause of this case is that your private is shared via a phishing site.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 12:17:52 PM

It already happens with many people and I was also a victim of hacking. Always bookmarked MEW secured link and never click any link that asked you to log in your account with your key as that is always a phishing link to get your credentials. Hardware is the best option to fully secure your coins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████