Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain Fuel for the Vehicle Lifecycle Industy  (Read 49099 times)
Almir_Salimov

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:52:02 PM

On December 7, 2017, Abu Dhabi will host for the second time the main blockchain conference of the MENA region — Blockchain Conference Abu Dhabi, which will bring together representatives of the blockchain industry from around the world to cover four main directions:

ICO and involvement of investments
Blockchain technology for FinTech and government
Cryptocurrencies, chances for legalisation and regulation in Japan
Smart contacts
We are pleased to present CarFix as our Platinum Sponsor. Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain will ultimately be fully decentralized and will be deployed by CarFix in cooperation with QIWI Blockchain Technologies (NASDAQ: QIWI). Issuing VLB Tokens, CarFix operates as a transaction platform reshaping one of the largest consumer industries in the world — auto sale, repair & maintenance. Having operated only 18 months since its creation, CarFix has already brought a significant degree of order and transparency into the industry. CarFix has developed and implemented the software establishing final algorithm-based fixed prices for all key repair and maintenance works. CarFix is supported by the institutional investors.

At the Blockchain Conference, Carfix will be represented by their Co-founder Paul Nazarov. Paul has successfully launched US-wide operations of a start-up health supplement and cosmetic ingredients company AloeCure. The Company continues to grow and gain market share in the US. Paul is also a Co-founder of Financial Consulting Group ( FCG ), where he is responsible for transaction service and valuation advisory. Mr Nazarov has corporate experience in Macquarie Group (infrastructure fund management), Mubadala Development Company (sovereign wealth), NRG Capital (middle market private equity), Houlihan Lokey (middle market investment bank).

At the Blockchain Conference in Abu Dhabi, Paul Nazarov will oversee the implementation of the blockchain in the vehicle lifecycle industry to create extensive cost savings and major new business opportunities for new industry players (manufacturers, OEM’s, dealers, insurers, lenders and repair shops).

Do not miss your chance to join the Blockchain Conference in Abu Dhabi and build our future today!!!
 To register, please follow bconference.org/pricing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:57:37 PM

What are the hardware and software requirements for supporting VLB as an industry participant? For example, do car owners need to install a software application and register their identity?

No, everything will be on-line.

Yes makes sense to me. I see on carfix website that there is a promotion about Shell Helix motor oil, I was wondering if in the future you'll add promotions for using on chain services, or maybe tokenize those promotions (example, 30% discount if you pay with vlb)
I agree it would not be a bad idea, because marketing is an important part of any start-up, it would be great if as many people as possible learned about this project
VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain - vlb.io

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:22:38 PM

How are you going to store all the data on a blockchain? Such a technologies are not available yet. How will it be possible to download 100 terabyte node?

Blockchain will keep: VIN number, dates, repairshops ID, etc. So it won't be a huge size of data in fact.

You will have your own blockchain with information about the history of the car. And how your ERC20 tokens will be tied to this your blockchain, if they work on the ETH blockchain. This question is not clear. I beg you to clarify.

VLB tokens will be used only in our blockchain. Before we deploy our own blockchain we won't have any transactions, our tokens will be just traded on public exchanges.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:29:26 PM

If I understand correctly, VLB is going to give every industry participant a public ID and private key and store the information of the participants together with their public ID in a database.

How will car owners be identified? Will their public ID be associated with a government issued ID number?
VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:46:18 PM

How are you going to store all the data on a blockchain? Such a technologies are not available yet. How will it be possible to download 100 terabyte node?

The technology is available. It's called IPFS. (interplanetary file system). And you don't store all data on the blockchain, you just put the transactions there.

Storing all the data would be meaningless i guess.

Yeah I think it won't be necessary, it won't be beneficial to anyone, it will just be a waste of space. I think what's really important to store are the transactions and the information about the vehicles and their owners. Speaking of owners though, what information from the owners will be stored in the blockchain? And will the owners need to present any documentations to prove that they're really the owners of the cars? And how can users register on the blockchain do you require any proof of identification?
The information about the owner will be written in the blockchain as the person buys a car, so he doesn't need to prove anything. It's like when you buy a car you get a paper that it's yours, the same with the blockchain, first the data is written in the blockchain, and only after that you get a car. Please refer to the Whitepaper, page 29 for more info.

As for the registration on the blockchain, I don't really understand what you mean. Blockchain contains all the info about what happened with a car during it's lifecycle, the users (if you mean just the people who wants to get info about the car) don't need to register anywhere, they could get this info for free whenever they want.

VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:50:34 PM

What are the hardware and software requirements for supporting VLB as an industry participant? For example, do car owners need to install a software application and register their identity?

No, everything will be on-line.

Yes makes sense to me. I see on carfix website that there is a promotion about Shell Helix motor oil, I was wondering if in the future you'll add promotions for using on chain services, or maybe tokenize those promotions (example, 30% discount if you pay with vlb)
VLB tokens will be used only to pay for blockchain validation, it won't be able to use the tokens to pay for something else (like motor oil or car repair services).

VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:51:18 PM

Hi here. ANy more airdrops are planned?
This is ICO, there are no airdrops.
In which country will the project start?
First in Russia and USA.

Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:11:37 PM

Hi here. ANy more airdrops are planned?
This is ICO, there are no airdrops.
In which country will the project start?
First in Russia and USA.
Russia and USA good start, it would be great that if you will expand to the Eupropean market in foreseeable future
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:55:34 PM

The technology is available. It's called IPFS. (interplanetary file system). And you don't store all data on the blockchain, you just put the transactions there.

Yeah I think it won't be necessary, it won't be beneficial to anyone, it will just be a waste of space. I think what's really important to store are the transactions and the information about the vehicles and their owners. Speaking of owners though, what information from the owners will be stored in the blockchain? And will the owners need to present any documentations to prove that they're really the owners of the cars? And how can users register on the blockchain do you require any proof of identification?
The information about the owner will be written in the blockchain as the person buys a car, so he doesn't need to prove anything. It's like when you buy a car you get a paper that it's yours, the same with the blockchain, first the data is written in the blockchain, and only after that you get a car. Please refer to the Whitepaper, page 29 for more info.

As for the registration on the blockchain, I don't really understand what you mean. Blockchain contains all the info about what happened with a car during it's lifecycle, the users (if you mean just the people who wants to get info about the car) don't need to register anywhere, they could get this info for free whenever they want.

But there are name collisions. There are so many people with the same name. If you want to know the history of ownership of a second hand car for whatever reason, for example an accident or theft, would a unique public ID not be better than a name?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:12:59 PM

I've been reading the whitepaper and i don't understand how does this work:

VLB Tokens Value Drivers

Main driver for VLB Tokens value growth is their turnover through the system, which will
increase in line with the blockchain system development. As each Paying participant shall
be required to spend 1 VLB Token on each transaction and there are on average 3.5 Paying
Participants per each transaction we expect that demand for VLB Tokens will increase in
the next 5 years by 16+ times to 4.4 bln per year, making each VLB Token turn 18 times
per year
Such demand and rapid turnover will significantly impact the price of VLB Tokens. Given
t
the potential cost savings and revenue opportunities for Industry Participants (see Appen-
dix A), VLB Tokens price may increase 50-100x once the Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain is fully
deployed

If the value of VLB keeps rising and the vlb fee stays the same, doesn't that fee eventually get too high for users?
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:28:01 PM

Yes VLB team manage the communication with the community very well, it’s a very important point, investors really enjoy that and projects with a good community who trust the devs can go really far.
Cauchy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:34:47 PM

What is the Connection between Qiwi and VLB? it seems that team and advisors have background or is working at Qiwi
VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 11:39:12 PM

But there are name collisions. There are so many people with the same name. If you want to know the history of ownership of a second hand car for whatever reason, for example an accident or theft, would a unique public ID not be better than a name?
The car has an ID (vin number), you can check all the info about the car, like crashes, services, parts installed etc. The main purpose of the blockchain is not to give you info about who owned the car, but what happened with it. For me it doesn't matter if Gomer Griffin or Peter Simpson was the owner of the car Smiley

VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 11:42:35 PM

VLB Tokens Value Drivers

Main driver for VLB Tokens value growth is their turnover through the system, which will
increase in line with the blockchain system development. As each Paying participant shall
be required to spend 1 VLB Token on each transaction and there are on average 3.5 Paying
Participants per each transaction we expect that demand for VLB Tokens will increase in
the next 5 years by 16+ times to 4.4 bln per year, making each VLB Token turn 18 times
per year
Such demand and rapid turnover will significantly impact the price of VLB Tokens. Given
t
the potential cost savings and revenue opportunities for Industry Participants (see Appen-
dix A), VLB Tokens price may increase 50-100x once the Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain is fully
deployed

If the value of VLB keeps rising and the vlb fee stays the same, doesn't that fee eventually get too high for users?
Not really, the price of VLB is based on the real economy, VLB Tokens help to reduce the costs of VLB participants (car manufacturers, car services, insurance companies, etc.) and help them to grow their topline. Some participants will be able to save more, and some less, you can see our entire analysis at the end of the White Paper, in Appentix A. The token's price will grow depending on the savings and growing revenues of each participant. For example, it makes sense to buy VLB Tokens for $20 to make savings worth of $30. Since the system is fully transparent huge benefits brought by VLB Tokes can surge its price 50-100 times.

patco

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:59:42 PM

The idea is amazing. The team looks absolutely professional. I can't wait more to invest in it once the project launches. What's the minimum ETH to invest? Thanks
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:06:19 AM

What is the Connection between Qiwi and VLB? it seems that team and advisors have background or is working at Qiwi

I believe it to be mere speculation, if it were true there would be a lot of comments from both sides for the propagation of information, but they do not manifest themselves in that regard. As advertised early on on Wolks, I hope for future pronouncements, and if it really happens it could be a great differential
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:10:06 AM

join telegram. there is good discussion about forging VLB and supernodes is interesting.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:37:59 AM

VLB Tokens Value Drivers

per year
t
deployed

Not really, the price of VLB is based on the real economy, VLB Tokens help to reduce the costs of VLB participants (car manufacturers, car services, insurance companies, etc.) and help them to grow their topline. Some participants will be able to save more, and some less, you can see our entire analysis at the end of the White Paper, in Appentix A. The token's price will grow depending on the savings and growing revenues of each participant. For example, it makes sense to buy VLB Tokens for $20 to make savings worth of $30. Since the system is fully transparent huge benefits brought by VLB Tokes can surge its price 50-100 times.

Ok, i'll take another look at that whitepaper. Thank you for clearing that up. And thanks for the fast answer, usually we have to wait at least a day to dev to answer in these icos Smiley
PS92

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:37:00 AM

Will it be based in russia only or there are plans for other countries also?

Yes. We want to extend our system globally. In July 2017 we're already commenced expansion into the US market: found local partner, mapped Los Angeles and South Florida based ecosystems of repair shops, spare parts distributors, insurance providers and autodealers that are required for a successful deployment of CarFix platform.

That's great. Any plans for the asian markets? Because Asian markets are on the boom right now.
Or Africa. Many old cars are sold there because the people there cannot afford new ones.
We are meeting with insurance company from South Africa early in December to discuss VLB deployment in that region. The company is called TuffStuff.

As for the Asian markets, we have not scheduled anything yet in Asia so far, but we will definitely do. Primary objective is to reach Toyota and and South  Korean car manufactures.

I think Asia is a good market, Asia people are  very enthusiastic about crypto and this is the first ICO that focusing on automotive, there so many car manufacturers in Asia that got  a great potential to implemented this coin, I believe you can get a huge suceess, hopefully you will think about the idea of implementing it in Asia

Is there indeed no competition with regards to cars and blockchain?

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:20:04 AM

That's alot of partnerships you got there.

That is quite interesting indeed. Just wondering what is the deal with Wolkswagen? They plan to integrate your solution ?

We plan to onboard VW to VLB as soon as we get alpha version.

So, you still dont have any partnership with VW? its only planning?

No, Carfix already cooperates with VW. We grant special privileges privileges in dealing of CarFix with car owners and dealers of VW.

We plan to onboard VW to VLB as soon as we get alpha version

How you cooperates with VW? can you explaine in detail what is your cooperation with VW right now?

I also would like to know this as I still wait for an proof about this Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: