Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125819 times)
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:43:45 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 10:01:38 PM by blissz

17/11 UPDATE

Here is a small bugfix update on the first beta:

Changes:
- fixes the high fan speed when switching to the dev pool and back to your main pool
- fixes the close PIC and need reboot!!! error on the original bitmain firmware
- Made the ASIC default voltage less confusing as it is now comparable to the default bitmain voltage.
- Lowered the AUTO profile fan RPM's a little bit.

know issues:
when using the AUTO fan profile, the fan starts at a too high RPM after powering up.

I do think this version is stable enough to act as a first version.

As the most anoying bugs are out, I am now going to focus on new features.

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!O8R2jI5R!Ft498V46_hZ2nh2UT69VZKIVNwYOa8eqJZjxTMKNIfE

Upcoming:
For the short term these are on the todo list for the upcoming versions:
- frequency and voltage per mining board
- faster work providing to hashing boards (should improve a little)
- auto restart option on low hashrate / xxxxx
- load balancing between pools support
- auto tune frequency / voltage
- profile support (low noise, normal, high performance mode)
- webinterface improvements
cryptonitro

Activity: 348
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:03:04 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 10:38:39 PM by cryptonitro

i dream about everyone lower hashrate and watts , because the fact is diffuclty will go low and profit go up , like balance between what you dont give to electricity provider and get more cryptos
the profit will rise for sure if everybody  do that best Mhs/watts
thanks for the new version , i had it off last night cause of fans when pool switch Cheesy

@blissz check you mp  Tongue

The only project make me believe ... Holochain
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:08:03 PM

i dream about everyone lower hashrate and watts , because the fact is diffuclty will go low and profit go up , like balance between what you dont give to electricity provider and get more cryptos
the profit will rise for sure if everybody  do that best Mhs/watts
thanks for the new version , i had it off last night cause of fans when pool switch Cheesy

Yeah it's a step in the right direction  Cool This version is nice and quiet so enjoy  Grin
nid125

Activity: 510
Merit: 254

ImpulsX

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:18:40 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 10:34:27 PM by nid125

I wish to share my testing results and have a question about your fee @blissz
I have first batch miners from September 17.5GH/s
My wall voltage during tests ~242volts

Stock firmware 400M is giving 14.5GH/s - 928W with fan in auto @2850rpm - which is ~64W/GH
Mod firm on 400M and lowest V 14.4 GH/s - 730W with fan in auto @2550rpm - which is ~50W/GH
so here simply is ~ 21% lower power consumption with only less then 1% lower hash
Im quite happy with this setting so i left it for 18hours to run and screenshot is below.

Also to show some other different reading with modified firmware with lowest V for example:
 (400M is a base)-
underclock - 300M -10.3GH/s -550Watt  - fan in auto 2100rpm
overclock -   475M -17.0GH/s -864W   - fan in auto 2640rpm  and few HW appear

Now to the question...
@blissz please explain how your fee works because you said is set (somehow) to 1.5% I guess probably of mining time as long miner is online ? Just guessing now, so for simply example if miner is online 100 minutes 90 seconds is do work for you?
Im curious and probable im wrong but for my 18 hours mining my pool getworks 1745 and devFee 998 in total 2746. So now those fee numbers are like over 36% of all no 1.5% Please correct if this is wrong logic...just to finish... that means from 18hours of mining this hardware works 6.5hours for you, for the fee?

Please dont get me wrong, im happy donate for your amazing work and I agree to your terms of use this beta mod but just curious... Huh

And last in connection to previous as someone mentioned this already...
DevFeeMiner pool have priority 1 so it is simply next pool after my top one to use if my first goes offline, so miner will just switch from pool 0 to pool1  and keep mining as long as my first pool is dead.. that means if im not monitoring it in worst scenario you will get my 100% of mining time?

I know it was quick solution but if im right this should be changed.. otherwise our electric saving is completely worthless
Im of course more then happy to test another version of your soft and keep mine your fee Wink
Oh I see you already upload new version so Im taking it now  Wink

cryptonitro

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:33:06 PM

@nid125 work depend of asset ... no ? i reboot lot of time for testing settings , so i give him lot of fee , has cgminer start with fee 1st..
look very high ... i do not have this ratio

blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:39:49 PM

Can only give a short answer now, but it starts mining (almost) 60 seconds for me. After that one hour on your pools and then again 60 seconds for me etc....
I will have a look at the priorities because I guess you're right that it will try to switch to the dev pool when your own pool goes down. This is definitely not what I intended.
For your information: the amount of shares is not representative as it depends on the share difficulty.
cryptonitro

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:44:09 PM

Can only give a short answer now, but it starts mining (almost) 60 seconds for me. After that one hour on your pools and then again 60 seconds for me etc....
I will have a look at the priorities because I guess you're right that it will try to switch to the dev pool when your own pool goes down. This is definitely not what I intended.
For your information: the amount of shares is not representative as it depends on the share difficulty.
60 seconde of 1 hour is 1.666666667% ahahha  Roll Eyes

blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:54:54 PM

Another bugfix needed then haha.  Wink
 I will let it run shorter (54 seconds) and fix the priorities.
D3 Antminer

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 10:54:58 PM

Hey Blissz
I don't understand why do you focused to the dev fee detail so much as of at the beginning .
it seems also not working right .
you can easily sell it to everyone when it is completed including big things.
most of the followers of this topic expect that if anything can be done regarding mining algo's.
I  think that No one will share their profit because of just  fan mode.
 but everyone can pay the price if the algo revision fulfilled.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:06:57 PM

60 seconde of 1 hour is 1.666666667% ahahha  Roll Eyes

no ones forcing you to save 20+% in power.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
cryptonitro

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:10:51 PM

Hey Blissz
I don't understand why do you focused to the dev fee detail so much as of at the beginning .
it seems also not working right .
you can easily sell it to everyone when it is completed including big things.
most of the followers of this topic expect that if anything can be done regarding mining algo's.
I  think that No one will share their profit because of just  fan mode.
 but everyone can pay the price if the algo revision fulfilled.

that's a good point , but as i told before , better solution mean logicaly a valid activation number for everyone(per serial)  and host to check it

the problem is not really if there is share or not , and there will ... for sure , as unfaire little genious search for delete dev fee

like every OS for mining , you pay for one miner , one computer or one asic machine ... so you need to affiliate 1 valid system per machine

cause it's to easy, as everytime for big owner , you pay once for lot of machines ? not fair,  i will have only 2 x D3 , and i agree to pay for the job blissz did , and better I prefer meaning myself to pay for the time he took.
thats why i was laughing about 1.6666% , but really i dont care  (edit : @crackfoo)

for evident goodies like the 2 frist version, fee seem nice , if multi algo is possible & working , for sure the question will be serious , but if profit grows , fee will to ...

ps:hope donation are sending all days

cryptonitro

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:27:59 PM

The best result that I get from new D3 modded firmware is 16.8 GH/s at 840W of power

i tried 462 & lowest , got 16.5~GH/s to
fans 19% with max temp chip 65° ( get cold outside intraction)
watts 740  ~ (220v)
cheers

D3 Antminer

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:28:16 PM

Actually I don't have knowledge of programming but if I would done that I was lock each firmware to the serial numbers.
And I would  sell it for each unit.So if you have 5 unit you need to buy 5 licence .
No ones firmware could work for other units.
As a miner I also prefer to pay one time payment, incase of  profit share.
I know mining world   not working  like this but I am only share my thought.
anyway,  
that is not a big issue , both methods can be use.
The big thing is D3 need to be profitable at once.
 no profit means , there will be  no miners , no one  pays  dev fee  Smiley
cryptonitro

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:35:47 PM

Actually I don't have knowledge of programming but if I would done that I was lock each firmware to the serial numbers.
And I would  sell it for each unit.So if you have 5 unit you need to buy 5 licence .
anyway,  
yep i undertood your way and i totaly agree with you, because you are thinking dev deserve profit.
But if i'm right, for checking miner and validate firmware you need rent server run everytime , meaning pay for it everytime to

nid125

ImpulsX

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:15:39 AM

anyway,  

I remember now from time I had KNC Titan scrypt miner , there was user GenTarkin who created modified software with auto tune etc and this works like that only one copy activated for one miner.  He still have this on his shop, can give some idea for future or maybe even if you contact him things can go easier..  http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/
swatchez

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 12:38:44 AM

@blissz thanks for the next update (17/11) and am trying it now on my D3 which has 2 boards working (1 board could not be detected but this happenned few days ago before the flashing of your firmware)

For some reason my 3rd board suddenly cannot be detected therefore i'm only hasing 12GHs instead of 18 GHs.

Any idea which chip causes the board to be unable to be detected? No burnt marks anywhere as the photo above.

Regarding the firmware I will measure the watts saving when I get to the rig later.

Cheers.

P.S. I don't mind about the DevFee. The developers need to eat as well.

Hilux (https://www.hiluxcoin.com)
Android Wallet (https://discord.gg/sQfYNbT)
nid125

ImpulsX

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:50:56 AM

The best result that I get from new D3 modded firmware is 16.8 GH/s at 840W of power

i tried 462 & lowest , got 16.5~GH/s to
fans 19% with max temp chip 65° ( get cold outside intraction)
watts 740  ~ (220v)
cheers

I think what you telling us isnt correct and not possible until you have intake air -20celsius

I check this and 840watts yes of course but not 740. this is @400
also fixed 19%fan is too slow. my miner with ambient temp right now 8 degree Celsius shut down with chip temps @99! just after 2 minutes from start
take multimeter please and check whats your wall socket voltage is. No way you have 220v (until you have voltage optimiser  installed in your property) but more which means more watts  Wink
show us screenshot of this setting running 10 minutes Smiley
D3 Antminer

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 01:35:12 AM

anyway,  

I remember now from time I had KNC Titan scrypt miner , there was user GenTarkin who created modified software with auto tune etc and this works like that only one copy activated for one miner.  He still have this on his shop, can give some idea for future or maybe even if you contact him things can go easier..  http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/

This was a good information. Thank you.
He sells the each firmware copy 75$ like I said. 
I gave him a  brief what we need
maybe it helps
nid125

ImpulsX

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:45:11 AM

anyway,  

This was a good information. Thank you.
He sells the each firmware copy 75$ like I said. 
I gave him a  brief what we need
maybe it helps

Great, lets see if we harvest from this contact somehow..
may142012

Activity: 301

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:15:48 AM

Will not use this firmware until i have over control of dev fees or at least offer one time payment for the firmware or both or i wait for the "impossible" algo to be solved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: