Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:04:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125816 times)
fecell

Activity: 133
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:39:39 AM

Noob question...

I want to try this new firmware but I am scared I am not able to go back to original firmware if it doesn't work for me. I can't find where I can download the original firmware as the link from bitmain is broken.

I can see that the antminer D3 admin page has an option to download configuration at System -> Upgrade -> Generate Archive but not sure if this generates the firmware or just the configuration only. I believe it is the latter.

If someone can please provide a working link for the latest firmware from bitmain released on 11/20, I will be able to try blissz mod.

Thanks!

They changed the firmware and broke the link. Just open a ticket..
Confirm. Go to shop.bitmain.com (change lang to EN for simpling), when at top (left from cart icon) select "Support", when at bottom find download section:
Download
Product Certificate  ·  Operating Instruction  ·  Product Firmware
and just find your miner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
may142012

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:08:00 AM

hi all

does anyone know why people seem to be selling their d3's cheaper than you can buy them from bitmain on ebay?

Winter is coming.
HiBorn

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:32:49 AM

Huh

BlissZ-

Hey man, i'm all in favor of your firmware, and the fact that you tag in a "DevFee" for your time.  I just wanted to clear up how much the DevFee really is.  In previous notes, you indicated you lowered from 1.66% to 1.5%.

Now, I'm not trying to nit pick here, but over the last several days, I have monitored this thing, and it clearly appears that DevFee is much closer to about 2.3%.  I have been monitoring the accepted shares that are being sent when you mine at SuprNova vs when I am getting mining credit at SuprNova.  And it has consistently maintained between 2.2%-2.4% over several days with the ratio of shares submitted to your DevFee pool versus what I'm actually submitting.

Further, when I look at my hourly/daily hashrate averages on the pool, vs what im reporting my average to be on the hardware, im seeing results that align to further validate that 2.2%-2.4% is being used as a DevFee.

I'm raising this issue up because maybe there is something wrong here with my hardware or calculations?  Maybe others can chime in?  What splits are you all seeing?

At the end of the day, I have ZERO problem with a Dev taking a DevFee for their time.  All I ask is that they provide a transparent answer about the time slice they are taking.  Your time slices seem to kick in each hour, and last roughly 1 minute and 25 seconds per hour.  Which breaks down to about 2.3% DevFee.  Maybe you can shed some light on the results I'm seeing, because based on your 1.5% DevFee, it should be less than 60 seconds per hour.

Again, i'm not accusing you of cheating here.  I could be wrong in my calculations.  If I'm not wrong, and others are seeing the same thing, all I ask is you are transparent about your DevFee, and let people choose to run, or not to run, your firmware.

Interesting, hope to see this get resolved.
I would prefer a one time payment for the software mod...  I understand not asking for donations as people can be cheap. D3 makes nothing even with the mod, bitmain ghost mines on them, and BlissZ wants a small but constant piece of the pie when there is nothing left.
tsojin

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:54:53 AM

Huh

BlissZ-

Hey man, i'm all in favor of your firmware, and the fact that you tag in a "DevFee" for your time.  I just wanted to clear up how much the DevFee really is.  In previous notes, you indicated you lowered from 1.66% to 1.5%.

Now, I'm not trying to nit pick here, but over the last several days, I have monitored this thing, and it clearly appears that DevFee is much closer to about 2.3%.  I have been monitoring the accepted shares that are being sent when you mine at SuprNova vs when I am getting mining credit at SuprNova.  And it has consistently maintained between 2.2%-2.4% over several days with the ratio of shares submitted to your DevFee pool versus what I'm actually submitting.

Further, when I look at my hourly/daily hashrate averages on the pool, vs what im reporting my average to be on the hardware, im seeing results that align to further validate that 2.2%-2.4% is being used as a DevFee.

I'm raising this issue up because maybe there is something wrong here with my hardware or calculations?  Maybe others can chime in?  What splits are you all seeing?

At the end of the day, I have ZERO problem with a Dev taking a DevFee for their time.  All I ask is that they provide a transparent answer about the time slice they are taking.  Your time slices seem to kick in each hour, and last roughly 1 minute and 25 seconds per hour.  Which breaks down to about 2.3% DevFee.  Maybe you can shed some light on the results I'm seeing, because based on your 1.5% DevFee, it should be less than 60 seconds per hour.

Again, i'm not accusing you of cheating here.  I could be wrong in my calculations.  If I'm not wrong, and others are seeing the same thing, all I ask is you are transparent about your DevFee, and let people choose to run, or not to run, your firmware.

Have you tried looking at the kernel log for the amount of time it spends on the dev pools? 

This is from mine:

Nov 28 06:37:20 (none) local0.warn cgminer[12668]: Switching to pool 3 stratum+tcp://dash.suprnova.cc:9995
Nov 28 06:39:10 (none) local0.warn cgminer[12668]: Switching to pool 0 stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533

you'll notice it spends 1 min 50 seconds on the dev pool, and it does this every 2 hours so 110 seconds / 7200 = .0152 or 1.52%.  Shares and all the other jazz are not whats important its the amount of time it spends mining the dev pool vs your pool.
HavenZone

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:15:06 AM

hi all

does anyone know why people seem to be selling their d3's cheaper than you can buy them from bitmain on ebay?

BC the current ROI is over a year... you're lucky to see about $2 per day right now on a D3 after paying the electric bill.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:21:44 AM

hi all

Winter is coming.

Man, you're an asshole but you made me laugh  Grin
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:28:58 AM

Hallo Blissh

One miner lost one chain and keep going for I dont know how long before i discovered this
Reboot bring all back to normal but auto reboot doesnt work in that case for sure.
i have your latest firmware installed
Just reporting
BTW im using 487 with voltage stage3 and auto fan, hash 18.2G and 930w where stock firmware delivered 17.5G with 980W
Thanks

auto reboot will work in the next version. Hopefully today Smiley
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:35:53 AM

Huh

BlissZ-

Have you tried looking at the kernel log for the amount of time it spends on the dev pools? 

This is from mine:

Nov 28 06:37:20 (none) local0.warn cgminer[12668]: Switching to pool 3 stratum+tcp://dash.suprnova.cc:9995
Nov 28 06:39:10 (none) local0.warn cgminer[12668]: Switching to pool 0 stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533

you'll notice it spends 1 min 50 seconds on the dev pool, and it does this every 2 hours so 110 seconds / 7200 = .0152 or 1.52%.  Shares and all the other jazz are not whats important its the amount of time it spends mining the dev pool vs your pool.

@zimmy6996  The reason the amount of shares comparison doesn't work is because of the fact that the pool uses some sort of automatic difficulty algorithm. The first 10 seconds it sets the difficulty very low to determine your hashrate and then sets the difficulty to a higher level. So i.e. the first 10 seconds it will find 30 shares. The next minute and 40 seconds only 10. So it doesn't make sense to think in shares as you don;t take the difficulty into account.
If the difficulty was always static set at a certain value (for both your pool and the devPool, your above calculation would work quite ok)
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:37:55 AM

do You really recommend to install this soft?
i need some quiet and more hashes - can it help me?

install the custom firmware. Set it to the lowest voltage and start at 400mhz. (try to increase it later if it's stable)
Set the fan to auto default or auto silent and you will be a happy man Smiley
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:38:19 AM

do You really recommend to install this soft?
i need some quiet and more hashes - can it help me?

install the custom firmware. Set it to the lowest voltage and start at 400mhz. (try to increase it later if it's stable)
Set the fan to auto default or auto silent and you will be a happy man Smiley
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:41:39 AM

regarding the hardware mod...

do I need to replace the R80 resistor on all 3 boards?
i have same potentiometer as in the picture, but with 3 pins.  would the middle pin be unused?  if so, and only used outer two pins... is it true polarity doesn't matter, as it only effects which direction screw needs to turn to increase/decrease the resistance?

thanks

I don't recommend the hardware mod, but if you still want to do it: remove r80 and put the potentiometer in its place. Usually you need the middle pin and one of the outer pins. Make sure you start at a similar resistance as the r80...
Ubersonic

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:21:16 AM

hi all

The difficulty has soared since they were launched, so much so that the latest batch will probably never make a profit (even with the modded firmware you're still only looking at $4-5 a day after power and that will only get worse with time) and so people are selling them when they arrive to try and cut their losses.

That and the fact you can sell it on eBay when it arrives and use the money to do stuff like buy x3 Vega 56 cards which combined will make double the BTC/USD per day of a D3.
HiBorn

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:44:18 AM

i have same potentiometer as in the picture, but with 3 pins.  would the middle pin be unused?  if so, and only used outer two pins... is it true polarity doesn't matter, as it only effects which direction screw needs to turn to increase/decrease the resistance?

thanks

I don't recommend the hardware mod, but if you still want to do it: remove r80 and put the potentiometer in its place. Usually you need the middle pin and one of the outer pins. Make sure you start at a similar resistance as the r80...

appreciate the response but is the R80 being replaced with a pot on each of the 3 boards? If so then, are you able to adjust the voltage per board separately?
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

thanks

appreciate the response but is the R80 being replaced with a pot on each of the 3 boards? If so then, are you able to adjust the voltage per board separately?

Yes you do that per board, so the voltage of each board can be set separately.
zimmy6996

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:58:19 AM

@zimmy6996  The reason the amount of shares comparison doesn't work is because of the fact that the pool uses some sort of automatic difficulty algorithm. The first 10 seconds it sets the difficulty very low to determine your hashrate and then sets the difficulty to a higher level. So i.e. the first 10 seconds it will find 30 shares. The next minute and 40 seconds only 10. So it doesn't make sense to think in shares as you don;t take the difficulty into account.
If the difficulty was always static set at a certain value (for both your pool and the devPool, your above calculation would work quite ok)

BlissZ-

Thank you so much for the clarification!  Hence why I was careful to say that I'm not dogging you and I'm trying to understand.  I'm sorry if it came across that way ...  I am removing/updating the original post as well to reflect this understanding.

Keep up the great work!  I was going to use your firmware regardless!  Like I said, just wanted to understand!

Thanks!

Zimmy
mahouneko

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:43:38 AM

Hi Blissz! Thank you for your job.

Do you recommend fan mod?
If I chang fan quieter than original?
And I want to report Miner Status by email.

Thanks.

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
blastar

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:18:35 AM

I have an idea for Blissz!

First a big thank you Blissz for all that you have done to help us with our D3s. Unfortunately, I have now reverted to the original Bitmain firmware. The problem is that the devfee constant restarts is disrupting my mining on my main pool, which keeps my miners waiting for long time before reconnecting, but, I will be more than happy to use your firmware if you will accept a donation, either using crypto or fiat, or both, and remove the devfee mining.

Here is my idea for how to ensure the donation money and prevent non-paying users from using the firmware without devfee:

You can implement a checking mechanism in the firmware that uses a hashed data that is made up of a username and/or a donation wallet address combined with the MAC address of a miner, and embed this encrypted data inside the firmware for each user and D3 miner individually. The firmware will check this on each start to identify and allow the miner to start without a devfee, otherwise, the firmware will start with the devfee if the information doesn't correspond to this exact D3 machine and user. The MAC address btw is always available under "Network", so upon payment, the user can easily send you the MAC addresses of his machines for you to combine them into one data-set per user, so that you only need to give the user 1 firmware copy for all his machines.

I know that this need some more work on your side, but think about it:
If each user pays you something between 10-15 dollars per D3 miner firmware (a range I think most people will accept), and thinking about the few hundred thousands of D3s sold (according to my information), you will be making a lot of money!

Here is the simple calculation:
If only 100.000 users pay you say $10, you will be making 1 million dollars (or its equivalent in crypto)! This will be way better, faster and easier income for you than using 1.50% of our hashing power that might only bring you 1-2 cents a day with the current difficulty (which will only get worse)!

You can keep the free version as it is now (including the devfee mining), but for those willing to pay, you create a digitally signed versions as described above.

What do you think about this Blissz? My idea is free of charge by the way, so you can just use it!  Grin
Ivro01

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:40:31 AM

I have an idea for Blissz!

I know that this need some more work on your side, but think about it:
If each user pays you something between 10-15 dollars per D3 miner firmware (a range I think most people will accept), and thinking about the few hundred thousands of D3s sold (according to my information), you will be making a lot of money!

Don't worry... He already make a lot of money  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Each adjustement, each restart we mine for him... Time to find our "magik" good parameter need lot of restart...
And D3 will never became profitable... stop dreaming, exept for bitmain and a bit for Blitzs  Wink
He make good job and improvement for silence but that's all...
aktarus82

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:11:33 PM

Thanks mate. Im still waiting for 2x D3 came for November batch. I hope it can go to 21-22 ghs so I can get 0.035++ for this month each. Assume BTC price goes to $10000 next year, I should ROI in 5-6 month then just let the miner died. Finger crossed  Undecided

I got an email from Bitmain today, they're sending me 1 D3 and 6 PSU's.  I ordered 6 D3's and 6 PSUs.  Here we have some people getting D3s without PSUs and I'm getting only 1 D3 with all 6 PSUs...smh....

It makes no sense, Bitmain is so unprofessional. I made two orders in September, 1st order 2xD3, 2nd order 10 days later 3xD3 + 3xPSU. Bitmain tells everyone they ship according to ordering dates, first orders shipped first, IT IS WRONG!!! My first order is still unshipped even though they shipped the three D3 from my 2nd order three weeks ago already .... without any PSU.... it is all so annoying!!
silvioraof

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:20:08 PM

With this firmware ...does anyone tried to use a different PSU ?? Less than 1600 w?
Could I use a 1200 or 1k ?
im using a 1000watt for mine
Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: