Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7292 times)
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

That bitcoins and the internet cease to exist in a few years. Well we all know the internet will be intact but the main concern is with bitcoins. I will cash out some to protect myself against losing everything but I ideally would

like to remain in bitcoin until I can retire early from hell on earth. My biggest fear is not making it there

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malourdesesmores07

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:26:27 PM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is when it becomes impossible to cash out and no one accepts bitcoin as payment. That bitcoin will be at lowest value. And also to be hacked and scam. Hopefully it will not happen us.
rickyleatham

Activity: 126

Get your share of the future

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:52:54 PM

as a bitcoiner, i always affraid bitcoin price will drop quickly and never rising back again due to bitcoin will die in the future, or may be bitcoin will be banned in my countries, that makes me harder to use bitcoin in my daily life, so i hope these reasons wont happen soon but in a very long future.

andyblocks

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:55:51 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

My fear is that mining becomes centralized, after all, decentralization is what makes Bitcoin stronger than any other currency.
I think users have to become engaged in mining, so that we have a more distributed system.
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:57:02 PM

for me my greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is to lose all may bitcoin on trading or hacked by people
because you put alot of your time to have bitcoin so why you want to lose it
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:29:16 PM

Phishing sites. It is so hard to browse internet when you know there are so much phishing sites in the web. Having hackers access your wallet is mostly what I fear because there are far too many of them and far too many cases and issues regarding them. For now, bitcoin issues doesn't really bother me as long as I get the benefits of it.
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:49:24 PM

Of course when the price drop so much loss, now bitcoin and altcoin is second income after work, but in terms of quantity sometimes bitcoin is bigger because of price increase that happened.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:59:29 PM

The greatest fear of any bitcoin holder has to be that BTC will be worth $0 tomorrow. I dont care who you are but that has to be your #1 fear. Now albiet it is an irrational fear and you can essentially disregard it moving forward.

A rational fear to have however is that of getting robbed and scammed this can happen to anybody on any given day and that is why I go to great lengths to protect my coins.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
roshanface123

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:23:55 AM

Hacking and scams over transaction and the sudden problems that effects crypto market directly or indirectly.These are the main  problems that effects effects the bitcoin as a fall in demand and it's price , these are my greatest fears as a bitcoin holder.
SilverChromia

Activity: 357

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:19:51 AM

My greatest fear is a bitcoin holder that someday theres some groups of hackers will come to destroy and stole our earnings and give a bad reputation in bitcoin industries but i wish and i hope that day will not come and never comes. For now this all i have to earn some money to make my living besides to my side line jobs or oncall jobs.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:36:22 AM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is that, one day, bitcoins price would just go from $8000 to $1, that is the worst thing that I could ever imagine that would happen to bitcoin, I think many bitcoin investors also thinks of this as the worst thing that could happen to bitcoin, that it might lose its value.

millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:44:03 AM

Hacking and scams over transaction and the sudden problems that effects crypto market directly or indirectly.These are the main  problems that effects effects the bitcoin as a fall in demand and it's price , these are my greatest fears as a bitcoin holder.
Cybercrime is the most terrifying thing for bitcoin users, I am very grateful to this forum. We can avoid cybercrime  by only access bitcoin-related website through link in the ann thread in this forum. This forum is very important for bitcoin users.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:50:59 AM

If the crypto currency will continue to integrate into the economy of most countries and crypto-currency payments will become commonplace, then we will become very dependent on the availability of appropriate technologies. This means that any global technogenic catastrophe can completely paralyze financial calculations in case of disappearance even for a short time of the Internet. In a narrow sense, this will be a constant fear for some reason to lose access to its crypto-currency purses.
BitcoinNosi

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:51:15 AM

I think my biggest fear is bitcoin dumping to nothingness.. I don't believe that will ever happen though.
nithin@123

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:55:59 AM

Already some banks starts war against BTC.I think if it continued BTC may disappear .This is my greatest fear as a bitcoin owner right now.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:59:00 AM

When something really bad happen like a big exchange scam, a country banned bitcoin or a big bad news about bitcoin, because when it happened the price of bitcoin will falling so hard for sure. As a bitcoin holder, it's really make me afraid. Everything that makes bitcoin price fall is a big risk.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:59:44 AM

My fear as a Bitcoin holder is:

1. My fear of hackers who can access my account will be lost because it can be successfully stolen easily by hackers.

2. My biggest fear as a Bitcoin holder is to see the price of Bitcoin will reach below the price of 2,000 USD, because this is a big loss to me.
Don’t get your fears control your mind. Ups and downs are part of trading and when you see prices coming down then you must not lose your heart. Rather keep yourself determined and stiff because after every little downfall there is a huge jump of it. And as far as hackers are concerned, you must use some auntenthic and secured wallet so that this fear can be minimized.
Zinacrypto

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:05:47 AM

My greatest fear is if  most countries place a ban on it due to the fact that the transactions are not traceable and it will scare people from buying hence pushing its price down
gajebo

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:18:25 AM

I personally more on fear of loss. that's all the rest I do not care.
I think every bitcoin holder always has anxiety though not too much. I think that's normal
chip211

Activity: 202

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:21:46 AM

I personally more on fear of loss. that's all the rest I do not care.
I think every bitcoin holder always has anxiety though not too much. I think that's normal
It is normal for people to worry about their money and fear it could be stolen. But if you are careful not to use and join  web non-anonymous sites then you do not have to worry about anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: