Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7290 times)
Pamela Jobelle

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:22:56 AM

The greatest fear for me as a bitcoin holder is when the price drops down dip, we should not be carried away with  increasing price because there is going to be price pullback or price correction which may prompt holders dumping it invariably crash the price, I am not pessimistic about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:03:31 AM

My greatest fear, of course its price drops because of regulations, FUD, and people taking away their money out from bitcoin. It's reasonable for me because I quit my job to focus on making money with bitcoin
Christian13

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:07:14 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

For me, as a bitcoiner, hacking of bitcoin will be my greatest fear. Hackers may hack some accounts but I believed that there is an high security for bitcoin so that hackers will be unable to hack bitcoin. And also i fear is the price of bitcoin drop and I am also afraid bitcoin is prohibited in many countries.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:17:01 AM

Well for me the one that Im afraid of is the government. If government in my country bestow their judgement to ban bitcoin then I must get out of this country. hahaha. But seriously, if they ban it here many people will be doomed. Like me I got a lot of Bitcoin on hold on my wallet. Thats why Im also in trading so that I gotta chance to earn.
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:21:29 AM

When my country ban bitcoin and when bitcoin is impossible to be purchased for being too expensive sometimes i scare about how if my assets got hacked by hacker.
My greatest fear as bitcoin holder is when bitcoin will lose it's value and totally ban in our country.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
Sebastian1890

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:25:25 AM

I can't cash out the payment from the work I've done. Second, I'm on the scam campaign and third, they will try to hack my account. Hope they will not try to do bad things such that.Everything is happening depending upon trust. Hacking too is a big issue, which can cause a great loss due to the lack of security.
racham02

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:34:35 AM

My biggest fear as a bitcoin holder is losing my private key because it will lost all my hard work and wealth. And im scared of being scammed thats why im very carefull before investing on bitcoin sites and i do a spend too much time to research.

Chinatsu Akasaki

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:52:38 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

Bitcoin itself as a form of investment involves a lot of threats and risk because it involves a lot of money of all the people. As a bitcoin user, i've always been afraid of hackers penetrating my wallet. I really value every money that i put into investments that's why i really want to make sure that its secured. And also, I am also afraid that our government will start banning bitcoin. If this one happens, all my hard earned bitcoin will be lost without any other reasons. Plus, bitcoin totally losing its value is really freaking me out.
motoprose

Activity: 195
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:54:02 AM

A ban by the government of a big country , i don't see it happening now.
But when it happens people will lose a lot of trust .
And it is the fear of a lot of people that is why the fake news about china works every time.
Didn't the banks in India just recently ban it's use to all their citizens who use it to pay for crypto?
I just briefly heard about this while on a bitcoin news site.
Xw73

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:55:22 AM

One of my greatest fear is the hacking of account,also I've experienced many terrible things with Altcoins which makes ready for Any scenario could happen.the digital world is highly at risk of high hacking.

Yes i agree with you sir, today bitcoin is booming and so as criminal or hacker looking to make money on it. In short hackers take advantage of bitcoin.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:02:41 AM

My biggest fear as a bitcoin holder is losing my private key because it will lost all my hard work and wealth. And im scared of being scammed thats why im very carefull before investing on bitcoin sites and i do a spend too much time to research.
Always be careful and avid phising sites, never shared or input your private keys, it's based on us if we will got scammed,so keep researching and studying,  I'm just afraid that btc will rise soon again, and I don't have much to hold till now, so i still keep on earning btc to hold and to join its ride once it pumps again.

xiguadady

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:05:24 AM

the most fear is losing the game.but you must know this money you can ignore.just for fun. dont need to worry about it Grin
shoujiuhaituo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

As a bitcoin holder, my biggest fear is that the price of bitcoins will go crazy.

I'm not worried about hackers, because my encryption works fine.
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:34:00 AM

As a bitcoin holder, my biggest fear is that the price of bitcoins will go crazy.

I'm not worried about hackers, because my encryption works fine.
Bitcoin itself as a type of venture includes a considerable measure of dangers and hazard since it includes a ton of cash of the considerable number of individuals. As a bitcoin client, I have dependably been apprehensive about programmers entering my wallet. I truly esteem each cash that I put into speculations that is the reason I truly need to ensure that its secured. And furthermore, I am additionally perplexed that our legislature will begin restricting bitcoin. On the off chance that this one happens, all my well deserved bitcoin will be lost with no different reasons. Additionally, bitcoin thoroughly losing its esteem is truly cracking me out.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:02:37 AM

I understand the pain of seizing too many bitcoins. They will have to worry a lot about their property and will always find a way to protect their property.
But I think we should not keep too much bitcoin in our wallets, especially hot wallets. When you put your fortune in an online wallet, it gives the hacker the opportunity to rob your money. This is the biggest risk that bitcoin holders face.

indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:04:58 AM

The thing I most fear most about is the bitcoin price suddenly drops, access to bitcoin in difficulty, and bitcion is forbidden its use in indonesian, hopefully it does not happen and government legalize bitcoin in indonesia.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:18:08 AM

My greatest fears as a Bitcoin holder is if Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are banned from using around the world. It is a total loss for all of us especially to those who invest in these altcoins. We cannot transact and be having a possession on it can make you go to jail. If the European Union and the North American countries decided to ban it then normally everyone will follow. There will be a ripple effect on the economy of the 3rd world countries in Africa and Asia which depends on Bitcoin remittances and/or transactions.
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:02:35 AM

Holding bitcoin is risky, due to its risks, it gives me fears. My first fear in holding Bitcoin is the price. I fear that there would be a day Bitcoin would suddenly crash and all of my bitcoin that I am holding might be gone. Next, the hackers, I believe that hackers can hack everything so that is why I am really scared about them. I need to conquer these fears in order to reap the rewards of Bitcoin.
bee3164

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:09:24 AM

Fears are plenty. As it is, the Bitcoin technology is obselete. They have to move on soon. The network is too slow and almost unable. It's only a matter of time before someone else overtakes them. Probably ETH. Or ADA or even IOTA.
Goodsamaritan

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:36:14 AM

In my opinion, my greatest fear as a holder of bitcoin is the value. That the value is so volatile and unpredictable you don't know where and when you should pull out or convert your bitcoin. Some chances are after you pulled out the value for your bitcoin and the chances are the value keep on increasing. And you will realize that you should keep on waiting or what.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: