Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:54:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7292 times)
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:25:29 PM

My biggest anxiety in bitcoin is when the time comes, bitcoin will be at a very falling value. If this happens, we will have dumping problems in it. But for now it's impossible to come because as we know it. Bitcoin has no effect on the increase in its value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:31:15 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
My greatest fears if all goverments banned this because bitcoin is very important and very profitable for all people likw me so i hope that it wont happen now because im still earning bitcoin i want to help my family to our poverty.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:42:10 PM

Aside from getting hacked, I think one of my biggest fear as a Bitcoin holder is if the time comes that the value of Bitcoin is so low that it can be considered as something worthless after investing so much of your money and holding on to it for a long time (probably years and years of keeping it safe and unused in your wallet). This may be far from happening since Bitcoin is gaining its momentum as of the moment, but its unpredictability, volatility, and the establishment of various new innovative technological platforms can truly overcome the value Bitcoin has gained throughout the years. It would be devastating to lose something that you have took care of and kept safe for a long time.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:45:48 PM

My greatest fear in holding bitcoins is to put bitcoinon the bitcoin wallwt because i dont fully trust wallets because other wallets are scams

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:56:01 PM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is that, when the world will banned the used of cryptocurrency, The second is when my account was hacked or get scammed, the third when bitcoin loss its value just like a tulip effect:)
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:07:37 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

My fear is that mining becomes centralized, after all, decentralization is what makes Bitcoin stronger than any other currency.
I think users have to become engaged in mining, so that we have a more distributed system.
Bitcoin volatility is one of the fear a bitcoin holder have, bitcoin prices changes as drop quickly. Most countries banned bitcoin so if bitcoin is banned in my country then there is no value of bitcoin I have. Bitcoin hacker and spam are also the risk for me as bitcoin holder. Also Bitcoin’s future is bright and this is confirmed that it will be soon applicable as payment and people will use it for invest and as currency.
farhan28

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:13:52 AM

As a bitcoiner, I fear about many things...
1.If my account is hack oneday,at that time there is nothing I can do
2.If no one is not accept bitcoin as a currency or my country banned bitcoin

But as far as my concern,it will never happen because my account is trusted & my country will accept it because Bitcoin is hope...so forget your fear
Anochensio

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:16:04 AM

My biggest fear as a bitcoin holder is that the value of bitcoin will go down really hard and never going up again. Because if that happens i will lose all my money. That is why i think that it is better for you to not invest all you money into it.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:20:29 AM

I believe the biggest fear for most people is a big crash that never recovers. This could be due to several governments simultaneously clamping down on bitcoin or for other reasons.
misssunshine99

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:34:01 AM

1 If the bitcoin becomes a bubble and burst. This will be linked to the flash crash but this time that looks impossible.
2 If the exchange site will be banned in the various country because of the exchange site as a centra key in the bitcoin or crypto.
3 Too many hackers, scammers in the crypto.

A lot of the things that makes me fear about the bitcoin itself. But the politic and regulatory seems to be a serious thing rather than other.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 11:37:04 AM

I do trust the Bitcoin crypto currency as a whole and I believe price will go moon someday.  But one thing I am afraid of is to have my pc hacked Including my bitcoins. I also have fear of my exchange sites from turning into scam or get hacked.
yourialfa

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:39:01 AM

1 If the bitcoin becomes a bubble and burst. This will be linked to the flash crash but this time that looks impossible.
2 If the exchange site will be banned in the various country because of the exchange site as a centra key in the bitcoin or crypto.
3 Too many hackers, scammers in the crypto.

A lot of the things that makes me fear about the bitcoin itself. But the politic and regulatory seems to be a serious thing rather than other.

I agree with you. Especially with point number 1. Because I'm afraid if there continues to be hardfork in bitcoin will cause bitcoin become unpopular again and can be replaced.
VayneAurelius

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:41:11 AM

I'm scared when the time comes that the price of BTC is lower than now. Also that no one already accept BTC as a currency of a money to buy something. And of course get hacked by those criminals.
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:06:30 PM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.
My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is when it hacked by other people because if my people get hacked my efforts will be wasted but I will not let my account get hack so I will surely secure my account that no people will know some informations about my bitcoin account. I fear also that the bitcoin will be banned because if bitcoin get banned, I will lose a job or source of income.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:08:02 PM

My greatest fears if all goverments banned this because bitcoin is very important and very profitable for all people likw me so i hope that it wont happen now because im still earning bitcoin i want to help my family to our poverty.
My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is when my account of coin wallet was being hacked. It really the saddest part of my life knowing that my hard work and sacrifices to earned that coin will become useless and be handed by a thief. Im also afraid when the time comes that i forgot the password of my account, this could be the disgusting part also and for that case I can't blame anyone but myself.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:19:03 PM

I personally more on fear of loss. that's all the rest I do not care.
I think every bitcoin holder always has anxiety though not too much. I think that's normal
That's actually true, I honestly have that anxiety when holding not only bitcoin but other altcoins and fear of loss aswell. but however, once you get over with it, atleast already experienced with any circumstances happened to your assets, you will be fine, and yes, that's normal since anxiety also considered as human's nature and there's nothing to worry about.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:20:48 PM

I would not like to see one of the major exchanges going down again. The other fear is some error in the code which could completely halt Bitcoin transactions. I guess crypto economy s become too smart for any of these issues to take place.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:21:47 PM

Sudden fluctuations which could cause panic and also cause people to lose their trust in the currency is my greatest fear. Bitcoin is not established enough to the extent that people's perceptions about the currency become relatively unimportant.

Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:22:20 PM

Hacking my account would probably be my biggest fear as a bitcoin holder. I mean anyone who are keeping or holding their bitcoins are of course on the same page as I am. Another one would be if there'd be no internet access, and it is possible especially with that of North Korea if my country would be affected, the biggest question I had in mind when that news broke out was that how am I going to access my accounts without internet and what would happen in the crypto world as well?
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:22:30 PM

I personally more on fear of loss. that's all the rest I do not care.
I think every bitcoin holder always has anxiety though not too much. I think that's normal
That's actually true, I honestly have that anxiety when holding not only bitcoin but other altcoins and fear of loss aswell. but however, once you get over with it, atleast already experienced with any circumstances happened to your assets, you will be fine, and yes, that's normal since anxiety also considered as human's nature and there's nothing to worry about.
I just keep focused on believing that holding is a good decision since I have seen it well before that btc have prove how it increases as time passed by, though its alarming when it aleeady drops.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: