Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:33:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7286 times)
liivii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:45:57 AM

Bitcoin crash is one the the major fears of everyone in bitcoin industry, no one knows when will bitcoin collapse and lose its value. Another thing is by hacking its system and even wallets, these things are the ones people never want to happen because when one of this situation happens then that will be the start of bitcoin downfall and many people will be affected by that. So lets enjoy what is bitcoin doing right now and don't be too greedy so that the success will be next to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:47:22 AM

My fear as a bitcoin holder is when the price will fall to zero. And also if my wallet is hacked somebody. That's what I'm always worried about.
BennyOnions

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:52:47 AM

I would we be worried most of government regulations and people losing faith in BTC as the top coin.  This is happening already with governments and there is so much bad news related to BTC fees and transaction time

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1652489)
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:04:23 AM

I think we all fear hackers.

I spread the risk over many exchanges, wallets, alt coins etc.

I also use clean computers, not just one.
greenbitsgm

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:06:48 AM

I think most of us feared Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies price crashing down just like what happened the last 2 - 3 days athough now it's price starting to normalized from a low of 10k +$ yesterdays and closing at 11k +$,a big sigh of relief for most of cryptos coin holders.Bitcoin collapsing is probably our worst fear although a remote possibilty but could not be discounted,with all the negative news and development happening in China, South Korea and some other countries we should really be concerned and worried.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:09:49 AM

No fear. If you invested an amount you can afford to lose then you'll be fine whatsoever. You need to be disciplined, settle for a stop loss in case, and stick to it whatever happens.
Those who sold their house to buy bitcoin are not reasonable, of course I'll fear the situation if I was them but that's not something I would do myself.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:15:36 AM

I guess losing its value but I doubt that will happen. It is one of those fears like getting struck by lightning is also a fear I have. Probably won't happen but still. Just a dip right now nothing bitcoin can't handle.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
madainfamous

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:17:03 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
As a bitcoin holder, my number one fear is to get my account hacked and all of my hard earned bitcoin will be lost. Plus the factor that government discover about my accounts and question me where i get those amount of money.

inmediate.io | The Smart Insurance Platform
Making Policies Transparent and Trustworthy
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:20:16 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

the onlu thing that scares me the most is the fact that when I wake up the next day or I just browsed some other tabs while checking my wallet and then everything gets stolen. ALL the hardwork the struggle the fear and everything gone in an i stantbecause a hacker who have chosen you in this very moment to lick off your wallet and give you something to remember and mope about

qtypatuty

Activity: 144

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:23:05 AM

I'm afraid that our government starts banning bitcoin in our country. I'm a newbie and still want to learn more about cryptos. I am also afraid about the hackers that might possibly hack our wallets.

oiucoin

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:28:08 AM

I'm worried that hackers will invade my wallet while the market is volatile and that there is a time when the government is vigorously banning bitcoin.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:33:44 AM

I'm not worried if my country says Bitcoin in not a tender exchange like currency for transaction, but I'm worried if the government would freeze bank account which have transaction for Bitcoin like transfering or exchange our crypto to our bank to convert it to paper currency. If they do that, there won't be any possibility to convert my cryptocurrency to fiat by any way, this actually fears me a lot.
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:12:47 AM

As a bitcoin holder,  my biggest fear is phising sites and hackers. With these threats one person can loose all of his savings and investments in one go. Some of my friends have been a victim lately. So this what i am worried for.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:46:27 AM

As a bitcoin holder,  my biggest fear is phising sites and hackers. With these threats one person can loose all of his savings and investments in one go. Some of my friends have been a victim lately. So this what i am worried for.

That is why we must treat our bitcoin as like more than gold because it has a premium value and we should do all necessary efforts to secure it at all cost. When you visit to any website, make it sure that they are trusted sites and double check always if you are in a secure connection and don't give any information you have especially your wallet private key.
Lux Main

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:29:58 AM

I think no valuation guarantee.Since there is no central authority governing Bitcoins, no one can guarantee its minimum valuation. If a large group of merchants decide to “dump” Bitcoins and leave the system, its valuation will decrease greatly which will immensely hurt users who have a large amount of wealth invested in Bitcoins. The decentralized nature of bitcoin is both a curse and blessing.
coin_maker

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

The biggest fear for me as a bitcoin holder is for it to become so useless and for it to be considered as invaluable in the real market for conversion. Though there's no need to fear there is no need to fear that someday Bitcoin will become so worthless.
Because the bitcoin price now is too high and far from being invaluable.
dav-santoshi

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:10:00 PM

My greatest fear is that one day there may not be internet any more and we stand to loose everything, and also am afraid that some one may steal my private key and withdrew all my bitcoin. But I still have faith that that one day will never come.
jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:23:55 PM

The thing you describe is indeed a frightening specter for the majority of bitcoin owners. But the thing I'm most afraid of is that when the state prohibits and threatens criminal acts against everyone who uses bitcoin, it is very harmful to me. The risk of bitcoin holders is when bitcoin falls to zero, or it could be completely banned.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:33:16 PM

The biggest fear for me as a bitcoin holder is for it to become so useless and for it to be considered as invaluable in the real market for conversion. Though there's no need to fear there is no need to fear that someday Bitcoin will become so worthless.
Because the bitcoin price now is too high and far from being invaluable.

The biggest fear of a bitcoin owner is that bitcoin is lost or lost because the community no longer accepts it but I think it is very unlikely that bitcoin will really bring the community. The tremendous value that the new altcoins themselves have made in this market can not be achieved, the bitcoin technology is still something that other altcoins can not steal and bitcoin is still the only one currently available. A number of countries are trying to use bitcoin as alternative currencies such as Zimbabwe and Venezuela.

joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:07:25 PM

My greatest fears as a bitcoin holder is when  I wake up one morning and I saw my bitcoin wallet was only half of it's actual price.
That thing makes me panic already. Lol
But not yet happen and I don't want to. But who knows what the future may bring to Cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: