Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:01:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know fake Airdrop project  (Read 1954 times)
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:04:28 AM

Usually i have made research about the projects, the indicator to know the fake airdrop are the developers team doesn't have experience in the business related projects ICOs, there are no corporations behind the ICOs projects, there are no real business before they doing ICOs selling and they are always gives too much token for all of the people, the best projects of ICOs always give token with a little amount of token.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 05:09:06 AM

Hello guys am a newbie how can i know if an airdrop is real or fake

Airdrops are up in the air for grabs. No investment, no need for advertising them for about a  month or so. All you need is a little time to fill up the registration form but do it with an extra care because you might be filling up a phishing form that would steal your information. If you can be sure that you're doing the safe thing, then it don't matter if that Airdrop is fake or not because you lose nothing though. But if that's a legit one, then lucky for you if you can receive some of their tokens.

Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:27:52 AM

You do not know if you will not join to their airdrop,  and you'll know that no coins comes to you.
Before you join just observe and know everthing because  not all the time the airdrop is good.
I don't really take a big deal with airdrop, since we all know that mostly freed drops coins are almost nothing in value and some of them are not yet listed in any exchanger. Though we really point out if that certain airdrops are real, it is better if we don't take it seriously specially some airdrops are asking for donations in returns with a big amount of their coins.
tricialugtu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:45:37 AM

I think it’s easy to recognize if it’s a fake airdrop  and you should be careful  E-xxx token airdrop.
1)A real airdrop always has a detail introduction , a fake airdrop always very simple.
2)A real or good airdrop always has a official website.
3)A real airdrop never ask for your private key.

This is really helpful! Thank you for this!
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:48:29 AM

Airdrop coins are free tokens that are air dropped to out accounts. There is no way to find out if a coin that is being airdropped is real or fake. Maybe read the whitepaper and look at the team and their engagement with the community can give you an idea about their intentions.

BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:50:03 AM

The managers are always handling this airdrops, You can depend on the rank of the user who posted it to determine if its fake or real. I only join airdrops that are recommended by this thread here in this forum.

IgniHash

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:51:37 AM

I'm usually check their ANN thread first. If they describe their token with proper details and good explanation, then i can say it's legit. Another sign if the airdrop is fake, they usually need to fill your private key in the form.

swsw098222

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 12:46:43 PM

airdrop is a place to earn extra coin for free.but you can read white paper to check is it real or fake airdrop.but dont give any personal data like private key to any airdrop.so be careful about this.
Akkino

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:12:05 PM

I think i joined a fake airdrop a few days back. "GamerBits" Anyone knows?
Lol, its the first one so i almost panicked. But i think im safe Wink
marjon

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:30:34 PM

I have observed quite a number of airdrops recently and I don't bother sharing them as some are made to either scam unsuspecting members or increase followership on their various twitter or telegram channels.

Any token or coin having an airdrop should have;

1. A website
2. Whitepaper (not plagiarized)
3. An announcement thread on bitcointalk
4. A group ( telegram, discord or slack)

Any airdrop without the following features as mentioned above should not be given priority, don't waste your precious time registering for such. as most turn out to be a waste of time.
Akkino

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:23:20 AM

I think i joined a fake airdrop a few days back. "GamerBits" Anyone knows?
Lol, its the first one so i almost panicked. But i think im safe Wink
I think Pegasuscoin PGS (it has a bounty thread here) is a scam too.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:03:15 AM

airdrop is a place to earn extra coin for free.but you can read white paper to check is it real or fake airdrop.but dont give any personal data like private key to any airdrop.so be careful about this.
exactly what you may really need to be more careful when participating for all airdrops that you wanted to have for is you private key i may say that you dont have to take that address is enough this is the most thing that everything does to do for.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

KevenDabid

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:06:19 AM

I am also curious about the answer to this question, because no one knows whether the team will send you the token of the airdrop, so I think it is difficult to judge.

amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:10:38 AM

maybe you should study the project is being developed in more detail also you should find information about the project developer team through the information is quite accurate.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:17:41 AM

I really dont know but dont join on the airdrops that are using referrals because they are scam most of them
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:24:00 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 02:33:15 PM by eann014

For me we cannot identify exactly what's real and fake because some scammers are too good to fake their identity or campaign to make it more believable. That's the problem here in forum but once they already want to get your private keys don't ever give it and immediately leave that campaign and report it to the moderators because for sure they are scammers.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:29:20 AM

The purpose of airdrops is to provide a better distribution of the coins/ tokens so that any tech/ blockchain that uses the token later can have multiple nodes and network effect. It was primarily to increase usage so devs could have some idea about the performance.
These days airdrops have become one of the two types:
1. Marketing techniques: These you can judge on the basis of quality of discourse at their telegram etc, their whitepaper and background of the team.
2. Collecting donations: They will typically tell you to buy a few to get the airdrop. They will introduce various ways to buy you in. If the amount isn't too much for you and you are willing to take the risk then fine, otherwise avoid these suckers.

Goes without saying that you should never share personal info out there.
seanavery11

Activity: 280

-----

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:22:47 AM

You can't really identify if an airdrop is fake or not. Actually you don't really have to know if its fake or not because you will not lose anything since you will just join the airdrop. Just be careful in signing up; don't give your private keys.

---
ekoyulio20

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:25:57 AM

Airdrop can know fake or no ,depending on what you see in the form / form and the roadmap of the airdrop, all the identification is fake / scam or no like that
Rodge182

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:28:00 AM

Actually, it is hard to tell if an airdrop is fake or legit. You can sense it though, through the reaction of the community if they are going to accept the project. Although project with good whitepaper, turned out to be scam at the end.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: