Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:59:20 PM

I think most people probably set theirs for every 12-24 hours.  In any case, some of the high rollers have relatively high payout thresholds (which makes perfect sense), and when those are hit then it takes a while to clear them out.
Makes sense. And in the interests of honest disclosure, I'm back on Eligus because the other pool I tried out was running my rigs at only about 70% capacity. All sorts of little hops between servers, resubmits, timeouts, and other related weirdness add up.

Eligius: They may pay with a bit of lag, but they pay in full. :-)

As to the BFL person: If you can flash your firmware to 1.2.9 you will get your speed back. I hack those things out the ears, lots of data in these two threads:

Hacking Jallies to 32gh: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336782.0

Hacking BFL Single/25's to 50gh:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424604.0

C
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brox

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:02:01 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me with merged mining.  I cannot get the signature to pass when I add my nmc address.  I've used multiple programs to sign and verify including mtgox, bitcoin-qt, electrum, and just about every other app out there.  The sig passes on the application but fails on the website and I've even manually typed in every character rather than copy/paste and it still fails.  What am I doing wrong ?

Maybe some strange browser? Try it in another one clearing cookies/caches first

Save dolphins! Donate to 1BTC4brox2pd14QubXGsXwarp9zV9tc8CZ
Mine Bitcoins in the cloud at cex.io
kurt2

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:15:10 PM

so I've been doing a lot of reading and trying to decide what to buy to get into mining, and I've been using this website: http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/ to help figure out costs and return... my question is are the statistics on that site calculated based entirely on the assumption of solo mining?

for example if I bought a mining rig off ebay that can do 100 or so GH/s, and get it all setup and running in feb, when I look up the gear in http://genesisblock.com/mining/ it basically says there is no way I'll recover my costs if I start in feb 2014.... but is that only if I'm solo mining?

right now the only pool I want to join is this pool if I get this mining operation going from my basement.

Thanks,
Kurt
fireman50

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:27:07 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me with merged mining.  I cannot get the signature to pass when I add my nmc address.  I've used multiple programs to sign and verify including mtgox, bitcoin-qt, electrum, and just about every other app out there.  The sig passes on the application but fails on the website and I've even manually typed in every character rather than copy/paste and it still fails.  What am I doing wrong ?
Are you sure you selected the correct address to sign with?

I thought I did but the whole thing has me confused now.  I put in my NMC address in the appropriate box, which I assume is different from my BTC mining address.  I copied and pasted the signing message to electrum, signed it and pasted the results in the signature box.  It fails every time.

Quote from: brox

I used Firefox but I'll try something else.  Thanks.
fireman50

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:45:15 PM

Just tried it with chrome, same thing.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:55:39 PM

I thought I did but the whole thing has me confused now.  I put in my NMC address in the appropriate box, which I assume is different from my BTC mining address.  I copied and pasted the signing message to electrum, signed it and pasted the results in the signature box.  It fails every time.

On the Configurable Options page where you set your NMC address, payout threshold, etc you place the NMC address you want. You then copy the text ("My Eligius - 2014-01-27 ...") and paste that into the big message box in the bitcoin-qt client. Select the Bitcoin address you're trying to sign for (IE, the one you're using on Eligius), and click sign message. Then copy and paste the resulting string back into the Eligius website.
fireman50

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:27:28 PM

Ok, just to be clear.  The NMC address has to be a different address than the one I'm using for BTC right ?  I got my NMC address from the receive side of Electrum, signed it with the output string from Eligius and verified it with Electrum.  It passes on Electrum but not on Eligius.

My BTC address is 1Aynx4ZsKoGptWb2Z2aweCDJWduiGUj9DS
My NMC address is 1FGe2AqfRnj3c4JYjWL4etoVBtrXWFib4K

I get this message to sign with:

My Eligius - 2014-01-27 22:24:13 UTC - NMC_Address=1FGe2AqfRnj3c4JYjWL4etoVBtrXWFib4K
When I paste the reulting signature in the appropriate box on Eligius, it fails.  Every time.  However, it passes when I verify it with Electrum.

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:30:34 PM

Ok, just to be clear.  The NMC address has to be a different address than the one I'm using for BTC right ?  I got my NMC address from the receive side of Electrum, signed it with the output string from Eligius and verified it with Electrum.  It passes on Electrum but not on Eligius.

My Eligius - 2014-01-27 22:24:13 UTC - NMC_Address=1FGe2AqfRnj3c4JYjWL4etoVBtrXWFib4K
When I paste the reulting signature in the appropriate box on Eligius, it fails.  Every time.  However, it passes when I verify it with Electrum.

You need an NMC address, not another BTC address.  If you don't have the NMC client running, you can just use your receive address for NMC from BTC-e/Cryptsy/cex.io

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
brox

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:48:08 PM

NMC address cannot start with "1", I believe. You should get it from your NMC client

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:51:36 PM

Your NMC address will start with a 'N'. It's not a Bitcoin address that you store namecoins in.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236375.0
Download the namecoin client and create a new one, and then use that.
brox

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:59:04 PM

http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/ to help figure out costs and return... my question is are the statistics on that site calculated based entirely on the assumption of solo mining?

It does not matter for cumulative return, but in practice - forget about solo mining. No one should mine solo unless you are in control of at least 1% world's hash power. Otherwise it is quite possible you mine your first solo block when block reward will be 12.5 BTC or even 6.25 BTC, or simply put - never

fireman50

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:42:15 PM

Your NMC address will start with a 'N'. It's not a Bitcoin address that you store namecoins in.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236375.0
Download the namecoin client and create a new one, and then use that.

Ok, thanks to both of you.  I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:08:12 AM

I use Electrum as well.

Highlight the receiving address and right click on it. Choose "sign message". Copy the entire "this is the signed message you need to send" line into the message box. Hit sign message, enter your password, then copy the output back into the box on eligius. I've adjusted several times now, without error.

Hope this helps.
proclivity

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:51:09 AM

When I added my NMC address to Eligius, I just signed with my BTC address. But - your NMC address appears to be a valid BTC address, so you'll first need to get a valid NMC address.

For tips only - 12QT6zPJM5kQ5piZfn7tyFfcJrbgvSnMLn
kurt2

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:18:45 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 01:30:26 AM by kurt2

http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/ to help figure out costs and return... my question is are the statistics on that site calculated based entirely on the assumption of solo mining?

It does not matter for cumulative return, but in practice - forget about solo mining. No one should mine solo unless you are in control of at least 1% world's hash power. Otherwise it is quite possible you mine your first solo block when block reward will be 12.5 BTC or even 6.25 BTC, or simply put - never

yeah I'd never mine solo, I just had no idea if the numbers quoted on http://thegenesisblock.com/mining were based on solo mining or not(and whether or not it even matters).

basically, all I can seem to buy right now that will deliver in feb is maybe 100-200gh/s miners.... and the thing is, from what I have read, If I pre-order some 2th/s device from cointerra or where ever, I will pretty much have to wait till MAY or later, and everybody says by then the difficulty will be so high that 2th/s will be the equivalent of 200gh/s today.... is that correct?

example product: http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv-2ths-networked-asic-miner-may-batch/ <-- by may that thing will be crap and will never recover the cost is what I've read in other forum posts... people were saying if you want to get into bitcoin mining that you should just buy off the shelf stuff from ebay or whatever reseller has on hand and just giv'er shit with it.

I'm starting to think the only way I can break into this mining business is if I buy a slow 100-200gh/s miner now and at the exact same time pre-order a 2th/s miner from cointerra for 6000... does anybody have a better suggestion, or know of where a person can even get a reasonably priced beginner miner for somebody not really wanting to drop more than $5000
gorgatron

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:31:27 AM

"250.19174185 BTC are ahead in queue, putting this user's payout after a 10 block delay."

This has been happening a lot this week. Have the payout delays gone up since the trouble last weekend?

I've noticed something similar, though not too much more extreme than what I had experienced before things went to hell a little. My first payout after things went back to 'normal' was only a few blocks behind, and the payout came not too long after it should have. Today, it's a little different. I started out way down on the list, and then move up a few hundred sports over the course of 3-4 hours. Before replying to your post, I checked once more, and I've dropped another 30 spots or so. As I mention in a response posted just before this one, I don't receive large payouts, so it's not a big deal to me if I receive the standard payout right on time, or a larger one several hours later. That said, I do notice what you're talking about, and can see where it might be an issue for some. Since the amounts seem right (I have not doubts there), I'd rather be able to see what's going on and know a late payout is coming, as opposed to flying blind and not knowing, despite the fact that I've not had any problems with payouts during the 'troubles.' ~256 BTC does seem to put you on quite a long list, though. Fortunately the order isn't static, and there's a good chance you'll receive your payout before making your way up the list one payout at a time. Still, I'd also be curious to know if this is simply an aftereffect of all the work that had to be undertaken by WK to get the pool and feature back to a state to keep assholes from yelling 'scam!' like so many fucktards on these boards so often do.

I also noticed the same, but I believe it's due to luck and timing.. as in a good string of luck will accelerate payment, a bad string of luck will shelve shares and delay the next payment.

Yeah, that makes sense. I wasn't really trying to throw answers out there (don't think I did lol), but confirming that I'm seeing the same, just not to the same extent. I've not kept an eye on most blocks, but have noticed low luck on the few that I have, but perhaps this goes against your theory. Not sure. I'll know in a few hours whether I'm going to be stuck behind several blocks again. My PC is acting totally wonky, making one of my miners useless, or else I'd look into recent blocks and compare to your thoughts. Again, so far the BTC is still accumulating, so I'm fine with a bit of delay. I'd be curious, though if you've made any observations to support your idea - just out of personal curiosity, not a test.
gorgatron

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:41:34 AM

I am mining at eligius with BFL 60GH/s miner. Usually (several months, actually) it averages to 60.7 GH/s, but starting last week it shows 59.9 GH/s
Anyone noticed something similar? If it was hardware issue like one core dead, I believe hashrate would decrease significantly more

Did you cycle the power before this happened? In a BFL 65 nm device, you'd  like see a drop of more than ,1 GH/s if you had a blown core. I've noticed that the hashrate can differ by 1-1.5 GH/s after powering it off and on. After several hours, it often climbs back up to the usual rate, but sometimes sticks at the lower rate for several days. I then try cycling the power again if it annoys me, but this can leave me with the lower rate that annoyed me. About the only thing you can try is 1) wait a while, or 2) cycle the power. If it were to drop to a steady 54% you could contact them for an RMA, but for a less than 1 GH/s drop, they would likely say the same thing I am. Coincidently, I got this same suggestion from their tech support several months back due to a similar issue with my 50 GH/s unit. Good luck.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:47:50 AM

basically, all I can seem to buy right now that will deliver in feb is maybe 100-200gh/s miners.... and the thing is, from what I have read, If I pre-order some 2th/s device from cointerra or where ever, I will pretty much have to wait till MAY or later, and everybody says by then the difficulty will be so high that 2th/s will be the equivalent of 200gh/s today.... is that correct?

Predicting the future difficulty is pure speculation.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:53:31 AM

"250.19174185 BTC are ahead in queue, putting this user's payout after a 10 block delay."

This has been happening a lot this week. Have the payout delays gone up since the trouble last weekend?

A big part of what is going on is there is one huge miner in the pool. When their payouts hit the queue, that can be multiple blocks, and if you're behind that, you will have to wait. For example, the most recent payout to the big miner is 118 BTC -- more than 4 blocks worth. I guess that must have been done manually to clear the queue since that's more than one block, although I don't quite understand how that works in the CPPSRB system. Their typical payments are around a full block, which means no one else gets paid (much) for that block, and the queue backs up a bit. On the other hand, when they don't have a payout in the front of the queue, their hash power will help find blocks faster and speed up everyone else's payments.

So with those huge payments going into the queue, things get more irregular, sometimes faster, sometimes slower.
kurt2

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:29:27 AM

I am mining at eligius with BFL 60GH/s miner. Usually (several months, actually) it averages to 60.7 GH/s, but starting last week it shows 59.9 GH/s
Anyone noticed something similar? If it was hardware issue like one core dead, I believe hashrate would decrease significantly more

Did you cycle the power before this happened? In a BFL 65 nm device, you'd  like see a drop of more than ,1 GH/s if you had a blown core. I've noticed that the hashrate can differ by 1-1.5 GH/s after powering it off and on. After several hours, it often climbs back up to the usual rate, but sometimes sticks at the lower rate for several days. I then try cycling the power again if it annoys me, but this can leave me with the lower rate that annoyed me. About the only thing you can try is 1) wait a while, or 2) cycle the power. If it were to drop to a steady 54% you could contact them for an RMA, but for a less than 1 GH/s drop, they would likely say the same thing I am. Coincidently, I got this same suggestion from their tech support several months back due to a similar issue with my 50 GH/s unit. Good luck.

so how many btc a day do you get with this pool running 60gh/s? I'm curious because I really want to get into this stuff bad. I think I can get a 60gh/s miner on ebay for $600-700ish I can't remember I saw them earlier today anyway.

edit: I just saw this one right now: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/butterfly-BFL-60-GH-s-mining-rig-fast-ship-/171228601992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27de051e88
edit2: this "burnt out power supply" issue these BFL miners have seems super annoying
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: