Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:15:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 08:41:35 PM

Only two things keep the price BBP:

1. Stake
2. Masternode

The consistency is the most important in projects. Such changes will not change anything. Everyone is looking for stability. I recall, PODC was supposed to be the best, everyone is learning slowly.
Rob, I proposed one click setup for Rosetta. You wrote that you finish this solution. I wrote that I could take care of it this month, but you did not want to.

Well to be fair, we were discussing one one of about 50 problems related to one-click Rosetta mining (the installation).  Yes, MIP and I did a lot of internal research to crack "installing" Rosetta and we even have a way to silently install boinc and start it - but that type of thing doesn't solve one-click PODC mining. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptoalt1990

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:35:18 PM

1. Stake
2. Masternode

The consistency is the most important in projects. Such changes will not change anything. Everyone is looking for stability. I recall, PODC was supposed to be the best, everyone is learning slowly.
Rob, I proposed one click setup for Rosetta. You wrote that you finish this solution. I wrote that I could take care of it this month, but you did not want to.

+1 on that. As a BBP holder, it is scary to see radically different things that keep being introduced while the "old" stuff hasn't even been finalized/improved/polished yet, especially from a UI/UX point of view. Completely new directions keep being introduced every month...DAHF, Proof or Orphan Mining, PoG....etc. Meanwhile, you can't even associate your CPID with just a WCG Account and you still need to have a Rosetta account instead.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 10:47:25 PM

1. Stake
2. Masternode

+1 on that. As a BBP holder, it is scary to see radically different things that keep being introduced while the "old" stuff hasn't even been finalized/improved/polished yet, especially from a UI/UX point of view. Completely new directions keep being introduced every month...DAHF, Proof or Orphan Mining, PoG....etc. Meanwhile, you can't even associate your CPID with just a WCG Account and you still need to have a Rosetta account instead.

We rolled out 'cancer mining' for BiblePay using Rosetta, not WCG for BiblePay.  The only reason we added WCG was because we ran out of RAH work units.  It was considered a backup project.   (Didn't we just add a lot of PODC improvements this last mandatory, which is only a couple months old, and some for MAC a week ago?  Oh right, you'll never be happy though. )

Anyway, being an open source project you are welcome to contribute in more ways than simply complaining.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Cryptoalt1990

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:57:06 PM

1. Stake
2. Masternode

We rolled out 'cancer mining' for BiblePay using Rosetta, not WCG for BiblePay.  The only reason we added WCG was because we ran out of RAH work units.  It was considered a backup project. 

Anyway, being an open source project you are welcome to contribute in more ways than simply complaining.

You are welcome to accept constructive criticism too. I thought your whole apology thingy, being a loving and christian community was about that. When are you going to start?

You are the lead developer. You want to be in charge of BBP. How about you listen to your community when they tell you what is wrong instead of just being defensive about everything. This is why I did not even want to speak up, say anything and contribute to the discussion. It is always so difficult to talk with you.

Also, in case you did not see. I'm a BBP holder, so I did contribute by investing in it and not just "complaining". But thanks anyway, as always.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 11:30:10 PM

1. Stake
2. Masternode

We rolled out 'cancer mining' for BiblePay using Rosetta, not WCG for BiblePay.  The only reason we added WCG was because we ran out of RAH work units.  It was considered a backup project. 

You are welcome to accept constructive criticism too. I thought your whole apology thingy, being a loving and christian community was about that. When are you going to start?

You are the lead developer. You want to be in charge of BBP. How about you listen to your community when they tell you what is wrong instead of just being defensive about everything. This is why I did not even want to speak up, say anything and contribute to the discussion. It is always so difficult to talk with you.

Also, in case you did not see. I'm a BBP holder, so I did contribute by investing in it and not just "complaining". But thanks anyway, as always.

Crypto, I'm really sorry, I should not have reacted so quickly and I apologize.  You are a valued investor and I do value your opinion.

On a side note I tend to react negatively when something else happens in my family - or in my life that seems to add on to the situation, and I know it should have been more insulated, and for that I apologize.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Cryptoalt1990

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:01:14 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 01:10:15 AM by Cryptoalt1990

1. Stake
2. Masternode

We rolled out 'cancer mining' for BiblePay using Rosetta, not WCG for BiblePay.  The only reason we added WCG was because we ran out of RAH work units.  It was considered a backup project.  

Crypto, I'm really sorry, I should not have reacted so quickly and I apologize.  You are a valued investor and I do value your opinion.

On a side note I tend to react negatively when something else happens in my family - or in my life that seems to add on to the situation, and I know it should have been more insulated, and for that I apologize.

Thanks for that. It is immensely appreciated and I am sorry to hear that something else is happening in your family.

To go back on Biblepay, even though WCG might have been started as a "backup" project, I think most of our users are now mainly using it and there is a lot more attractiveness and potential users from WCG than Rosetta so it would make sense to be able to associate your CPID with only a WCG account. It also eliminates all the issues related to having your CPID synced between the two projects.

Even though you might not agree with me, I really think improving the UI/UX of the wallet, polishing the ideas that have already been started with resources spent on them, etc. would be the most beneficial and well spent resources to attract new users and retain them (instead of changing the main algorithms).

As an investor, some sort of predictability and stability would be wonderful, especially on critical things that would dramatically affect how BBP works. I am starting to get lost and confused on what the vision is for Biblepay.

That is just my opinion. Thank you for listening to it.
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:05:41 AM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

we need some staking to lock coins outside of exchanges

problem for newcomers is staking - what about doing something like stake 0% = 50% payout, stake 100% (20x rac) = 100% payout. in other words start not from zero to enable mining without
stake, but with penalty if not staking, this can help start and then everybody build their own stake capital to reach 100%

bbp team - just add 10% bonus for team members

and regarding simple mining setup: all coins have some pool, so setting up wallet against pool is almost same, there is no need to simplify this - heat mining is ready...
if somebody want to start podc, he has 2 options:
one is setup wallet against bbppool - easy, and install and setup boinc - 2 lines of commands Smiley
sudo apt-get install boinc-client boinc-manager
boinccmd --project_attach url id
pro - supereasy, no need for stake
con - high pool fees (but in reality normal fees to cover costs)

second option is buy stake - complicated, need exchange account etc..., setup own account for roseta wcg etc, connect everything with everythig
pro - highest payouts
con - one time complicated setup, stake needed

we just need to point beginners to heat or bbppool mining and experienced users to second option
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 03:49:10 AM

Masternode owners:

About 5 days till superblock, please vote on proposals.
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:17:27 AM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

problem for newcomers is staking - what about doing something like stake 0% = 50% payout, stake 100% (20x rac) = 100% payout. in other words start not from zero to enable mining without
stake, but with penalty if not staking, this can help start and then everybody build their own stake capital to reach 100%

and regarding simple mining setup: all coins have some pool, so setting up wallet against pool is almost same, there is no need to simplify this - heat mining is ready...
one is setup wallet against bbppool - easy, and install and setup boinc - 2 lines of commands Smiley

second option is buy stake - complicated, need exchange account etc..., setup own account for roseta wcg etc, connect everything with everythig
pro - highest payouts

we just need to point beginners to heat or bbppool mining and experienced users to second option

For me big problem for new podc miners is waiting time. There are big waiting times for CPID synchronization, pool.biblepay.org RAC synchronization and so on. New users must see somehow (somewhere, maybe directly in the wallet) that: you are on step 3 (for example) and everything is ok. Now when you start synchronization process you can just guess that everything is ok and pray that tomorrow maybe you can get some reward. When reward not come new user switch it off and start to mine much more easier CPU coin like for example Bitcoin LE or other to not loose his CPU time.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:27:10 AM

I´ll make a copy of those later so both PPAs compile.

Does this mean I can stay on the "biblepay" PPA now that you manage it? In any case, thank you very much for your work, I have just installed Ubuntu 18.04 on my main server and I was wondering if the PPA will work, because I've read that 16.04 is still better / more compatible to use for Bitcoin based coins, mostly because of the libdb.

I will try to maintain it but at some point it won't make sense to have 2 ppa's

The idea is to have mainnet for master branch and testnet for develop branch releases (so a testing cycle does not interfere in stable versions)

Later on when we merge with current Dash we will have to move to its fixed depends system. I don't know how compatible it will be with Ubuntu/Debian way of doing things, but I guess we will make it work one way or another.

16.04 version is better for masternode stability, as the libs don't have leaks. 18.04 do have some leaks and biblepayd crashes after 2-3 weeks on 1GB VPS.

For desktop use 18.04 is also fine.

Thank you for the information. Well, biblepayd crashes for me on 16.04 too after a week or two, I don't know why, it gets stuck and I have to kill the process. I'll try it with 18.04 and see how it goes.

Btw, you could maybe add the testnet branch to the "biblepay" PPA too. I don't know are there any advantages when you are the sole admin vs. Licht being in team with you. I mean, can he kick you from the team or something?
capulo

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:53:06 AM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

pro - highest payouts

For me big problem for new podc miners is waiting time. There are big waiting times for CPID synchronization, pool.biblepay.org RAC synchronization and so on. New users must see somehow (somewhere, maybe directly in the wallet) that: you are on step 3 (for example) and everything is ok. Now when you start synchronization process you can just guess that everything is ok and pray that tomorrow maybe you can get some reward. When reward not come new user switch it off and start to mine much more easier CPU coin like for example Bitcoin LE or other to not loose his CPU time.

yes, but beginners can use option 1 with bbppool and then waiting times are 0 Wink
SVK Noko

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 07:44:07 AM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

pro - highest payouts

yes, but beginners can use option 1 with bbppool and then waiting times are 0 Wink

Dear Capulo

What are you still talking about? Let me past here something from BBP official websites:

"
Easiest set-up for desktop-users
The easiest way to set-up your miner is the following:

1. Install and run the BiblePay wallet of your choice, and let it sync.

2. Install and run the recommended version of Boinc for your OS.

3. Go to the 'Distributed Computing' tab in your wallet, fill in an e-mail address and a desired password, and click 'Create and Attach R@H Account'.

4. Boinc will start solving tasks. Let Boinc run for two days and collect your staking bonus.

6. Go to the  'Distributed Computing' tab in your wallet, and click the the 'Associate Reseacher CPID with BiblePay' button.

7. You're all set! If you need more information on staking and statistics, please visit 'Step 4: Staking and Statistics'.

P.S. If you run into problems, or use a system without a GUI, please start the extensive guide by clicking the 'Next step: Register with Rosetta@home' button..

"

And now tell me, if this is the easiest way how to start podc mining (official state on website) how can new miner avoid waiting times and how he can see in which part of the process is he at the moment?
Please take into consideration that im talking about brand new ppl comming here and trying to start podc mining BBP.

SVK Noko

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:12:46 AM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

pro - highest payouts

Dear Capulo

What are you still talking about? Let me past here something from BBP official websites:

"

3. Go to the 'Distributed Computing' tab in your wallet, fill in an e-mail address and a desired password, and click 'Create and Attach R@H Account'.

4. Boinc will start solving tasks. Let Boinc run for two days and collect your staking bonus.

6. Go to the  'Distributed Computing' tab in your wallet, and click the the 'Associate Reseacher CPID with BiblePay' button.

7. You're all set! If you need more information on staking and statistics, please visit 'Step 4: Staking and Statistics'.

P.S. If you run into problems, or use a system without a GUI, please start the extensive guide by clicking the 'Next step: Register with Rosetta@home' button..

"

And now tell me, if this is the easiest way how to start podc mining (official state on website) how can new miner avoid waiting times and how he can see in which part of the process is he at the moment?
Please take into consideration that im talking about brand new ppl comming here and trying to start podc mining BBP.

In my opinion the main problem in procedure mentioned above is point nb.4 and concretelly "collect your staking bonus". In this moment you need to go on pool.biblepay.org website and create another account, then go thru faucet form and get 1k bbp.

Is it possible to make this automatically without making account on pool website?
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:10:55 AM

What are the restrictions for WCG unbanked?
macko20

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:29:35 AM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

pro - highest payouts

Dear Capulo

"

"

3. Better go to R@H website make account, then send some bbp coin in to the bbp wallet. Then Go to the 'Distributed Computing' tab in your wallet, fill in an e-mail address and a password and click asocciate CPID.
After 6 confirmations just type "exec podupdate true"

skip this step

4. Start BOINC add R@H project. If you want, you can registration and start WCG now, cross ID is max 12hours.

Max 48h and you will get bbp from podc payment.

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 12:12:25 PM

What are the restrictions for WCG unbanked?

Same as Rosetta, must have only ARM traffic.

Visit this, and enter your CPID it will tell you if you have any issues.
https://forum.biblepay.org/tools/podcstatus.php
If you are having trouble paste your CPID here, or PM me your CPID and I will investigate further.
SVK Noko

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

3. Better go to R@H website make account, then send some bbp coin in to the bbp wallet. Then Go to the 'Distributed Computing' tab in your wallet, fill in an e-mail address and a password and click asocciate CPID.

skip this step

4. Start BOINC add R@H project. If you want, you can registration and start WCG now, cross ID is max 12hours.

This is very nice and all we which are mining some weeks already know about these tricks how to speed the process. But we are talking about new miner, without any previous experience with BBP, without extra money for exchange adventure. He will go step by step according the instructions. If he is lucky, he get first podc payment after 72 hours. And during this process will be blind and doesnt know if he is doing it right or not.
capulo

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:48:09 PM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

pro - highest payouts

Dear Capulo

"

"

i checked now and bbppool is not accepting new accouts... but nevermind, this is sitll way for easiest mining, we just need this kind of pool
instead of connecting your roseta/wcg account you will use bbppool accut in boinc client - so you dont need to wait for syncing accounts or stake anything
all you need is register in pool and set boinc manager against pool

in other words you can imagine this as:
give me your bbp address
attach your pc to my boinc account (1 cmd in linux + 1cmd for install soft)
wait for payouts (i'm doing stake for your pc)

i dont know who is owner of this pool but this should be our goal to have this pool for beginners, or clone it Smiley
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:38:25 PM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

pro - highest payouts

Dear Capulo

"

"

skip this step

Not always so simple Macko. I am into my 4th day with a new account and CPIDs have not converged, and no BBP payout (although associated Rosetta CPID 3 days ago, and been sending out podcupdates).

May be my bad luck? (wouldn't be surprised)
macko20

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 10:09:01 PM

my opinions and ideas:

podc+staking is ok

pro - highest payouts

Dear Capulo

"

"

skip this step

Not always so simple Macko. I am into my 4th day with a new account and CPIDs have not converged, and no BBP payout (although associated Rosetta CPID 3 days ago, and been sending out podcupdates).

May be my bad luck? (wouldn't be surprised)

I can help is it windows or linux, if windows PM.
Pages: « 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: