Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243132 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 12:22:09 PM

Unbanked test, always something is wrong, enough, You live in a world of fantasy

"true","2019-01-08T10:55:56","PODC Payment","","BMdmVJtfYU9TtgF7TRSXzsK9Wh2teweijB","442.19000000","e3aca59824320db1f679f32f211adc8d3ae349c423c788aaad0e7c6a0764365a-000"
"true","2019-01-06T10:34:30","PODC Payment","","BMdmVJtfYU9TtgF7TRSXzsK9Wh2teweijB","434.75000000","763fecf4d7f6a5eab47345e6ab428c9cb7ec69ff738bea875e92c1855ebce9b4-000"

Could you elaborate?  Showing a list of data doesn't tell us what is wrong Smiley

You really don`t see what is wrong?

1) Is this you? https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/2013113/
Your RAC is varied as you add & remove machines. That is to be expected.

2) What everyone thus far has missed is that your PoDC payment is not daily. There are gaps in payment. Now, if someone can explain why you are missing payments... Rob thinks it might be due to a masternode behind a VPN that is unable to download the distributed computer files from Rosetta & WCG. This explains intermittent payout... I don't really know. Either way, PoDC payment for unbanked is unreliable lately.

3) And the reason for WCGRAC being 0 is because of planned maintenance today.
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,41333

Thanks Sun!  My eyes got crosseyed looking at a wall of data Wink

Rob has been looking into the missed unbanked payments,  every time there has been one he has looked at the logs in his masternode and seen the data.

The suspicion is a few masternodes are unable to pull the data so when it's their "turn" they don't include it,  but we are trying to see if there is something else going on.

Since as of yet we have been unable to re-produce it,  it is difficult to fix.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 05:53:52 PM

Unbanked test, always something is wrong, enough, You live in a world of fantasy

"true","2019-01-08T10:55:56","PODC Payment","","BMdmVJtfYU9TtgF7TRSXzsK9Wh2teweijB","442.19000000","e3aca59824320db1f679f32f211adc8d3ae349c423c788aaad0e7c6a0764365a-000"
"true","2019-01-06T10:34:30","PODC Payment","","BMdmVJtfYU9TtgF7TRSXzsK9Wh2teweijB","434.75000000","763fecf4d7f6a5eab47345e6ab428c9cb7ec69ff738bea875e92c1855ebce9b4-000"

Could you elaborate?  Showing a list of data doesn't tell us what is wrong Smiley

You really don`t see what is wrong?

1) Is this you? https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/2013113/
Your RAC is varied as you add & remove machines. That is to be expected.

2) What everyone thus far has missed is that your PoDC payment is not daily. There are gaps in payment. Now, if someone can explain why you are missing payments... Rob thinks it might be due to a masternode behind a VPN that is unable to download the distributed computer files from Rosetta & WCG. This explains intermittent payout... I don't really know. Either way, PoDC payment for unbanked is unreliable lately.

3) And the reason for WCGRAC being 0 is because of planned maintenance today.
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,41333

Thanks Sun!  My eyes got crosseyed looking at a wall of data Wink

Rob has been looking into the missed unbanked payments,  every time there has been one he has looked at the logs in his masternode and seen the data.

The suspicion is a few masternodes are unable to pull the data so when it's their "turn" they don't include it,  but we are trying to see if there is something else going on.

Since as of yet we have been unable to re-produce it,  it is difficult to fix.

Ok, so to summarize the users feel like PODC (non-unbanked) has been extremely reliable, but we had about 4 missed unbanked payments in a month - due to our hypothesis of maybe the creation sanc is behind a VPN, or has strict firewall rules in place.

Now that things are clearing up in testnet (for POG) this should allow for some time to either add trace information to the gov. obj and/or investigate querying the actual unbanked list from the chain.  I think we can take a look at this within the next few days as it appears to be the next highest priority github.

EDIT: As far as testnet goes we had a very good test run this last release - it appears POG is now working in testnet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 06:01:32 PM

** BIBLEPAY POOL UPDATE **

Please disregard this message; we have decided to continue pool.biblepay.org and pool2.biblepay.org.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
WujekJanek

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:50:25 PM

Rob, when Crypto-Bridge will work? Do you want cooperate with them?
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 03:34:38 PM

Rob, when Crypto-Bridge will work? Do you want cooperate with them?

They charge 0.5 BTC every time there is a mandatory wallet upgrade now. The fee was not there when BiblePay got listed.

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:25:38 PM

Quick question about the pool: I tried to withdraw some BBP from there, chose the amount, clicked "send" and received the usual e-mail.
However, when I click on the link in there, I always get redirected to a page with a single sentence: "Please wait until January 1, 2021 before withdrawing more than 1001 BBP."
Since when is this restriction enabled? What is the purpose of it? Why is this not stated as soon as you want to withdraw it from the pool?

It would be nice if you could either remove this restriction OR increase the percentage of the auto-withdraw. Because right now my coins keep piling up on the pool and it is really tedious to pull them off there in 1k batches. Wink
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 01:39:35 AM

Quick question about the pool: I tried to withdraw some BBP from there, chose the amount, clicked "send" and received the usual e-mail.
However, when I click on the link in there, I always get redirected to a page with a single sentence: "Please wait until January 1, 2021 before withdrawing more than 1001 BBP."
Since when is this restriction enabled? What is the purpose of it? Why is this not stated as soon as you want to withdraw it from the pool?

It would be nice if you could either remove this restriction OR increase the percentage of the auto-withdraw. Because right now my coins keep piling up on the pool and it is really tedious to pull them off there in 1k batches. Wink

Strange.... Rob will have to say whats up there.

Are you setup for auto-withdrawl?
sunk818

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 02:16:16 AM

I could not get auto withdraw to work when I tried months ago

Never seen the 1k limit though

Try purepool , you get paid daily and your wallet address is your user id. No registration required

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:13:46 PM

guys=ppl do you know that we are scammed again?

POG will be except POBH=POW?

we voted that PODC ending and we want POG

holy shit

sunk818

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 10:22:20 PM

holy shit

your lack of understanding the English language continues to amaze me. Explain again what you think the scam is? PoDC is hard to set up for new people, so Rob is trying a different way to reward BiblePay members via Proof of Giving (PoG). Its a lot easier to participate than PoDC.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 11:39:09 PM

holy shit

POG Was to replace PODC Eventually...

Short-term we talked about it merging with POBH.   The long term goal was to replace PODC.

With that said,  we have time before the actual implementation.   If everyone agrees POG is ready sooner, then we could choose to move ahead with PODC replacement sooner.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 02:27:15 AM

Short-term we talked about it merging with POBH.   The long term goal was to replace PODC.

Just to clarify... You can't merge PoG with PoBH (PoW) because PoG is a daily superblock now. Perhaps I misunderstood and you meant the economics are siphoning from PoBH? After being in testnet, I've changed my mind and see sharing the PoDC with PoG makes more sense now. With GridCoin (GRC) pool and that guy from Turkey being the biggest BOINCers, I don't even see PoDC participants being aligned with Christian values. So, the sooner we can get off PoDC safely, the better. After the team requirement went away, there was no marketing angle being able to say a Christian coin was helping to cure cancer.  Now I feel like the messaging like seoccular says is to say to BiblePay is about promoting Christian values. Whether that is tithing, giving to charities (compassion, bloom, kairos), or something else... as long as it aligns with defined Christian values, it allows BiblePay to be more agile and test out innovative and/or novel technologies without deviating from the "Christian values" angle.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 04:21:56 PM

Just to clarify... You can't merge PoG with PoBH (PoW) because PoG is a daily superblock now. Perhaps I misunderstood and you meant the economics are siphoning from PoBH? After being in testnet, I've changed my mind and see sharing the PoDC with PoG makes more sense now. With GridCoin (GRC) pool and that guy from Turkey being the biggest BOINCers, I don't even see PoDC participants being aligned with Christian values. So, the sooner we can get off PoDC safely, the better. After the team requirement went away, there was no marketing angle being able to say a Christian coin was helping to cure cancer.  Now I feel like the messaging like seoccular says is to say to BiblePay is about promoting Christian values. Whether that is tithing, giving to charities (compassion, bloom, kairos), or something else... as long as it aligns with defined Christian values, it allows BiblePay to be more agile and test out innovative and/or novel technologies without deviating from the "Christian values" angle.

Thanks Sun, I appreciate your thoughts that take Christianity into consideration in the total mission.

I can say also that I love how philanthropic the BOINC community is in giving distributed computing time.  But I also feel that we as a community are capable of spreading the Gospel to masses and might have painted ourselves in a corner by appealing to a small segment of the available miners.  It will be very interesting to see if we can appeal to a few new users per day that feel like coming back daily to visit Christian spaces and evangelize to their friends.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 04:23:48 PM

I could not get auto withdraw to work when I tried months ago

Never seen the 1k limit though

Try purepool , you get paid daily and your wallet address is your user id. No registration required

Wait, let's not give up on pool.biblepay either - I say that it is unacceptable to have a non-working mission critical feature in Prod.

This is the first time I heard that auto-withdrawals don't work.

(Note that I have an email address right on the pool contact page - and nothing was sent). 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 04:26:09 PM

Hi Dave,

I'm committed to making it work properly.

For higher security however, I do feel we should work on auto-withdraws first.  Do you have that feature enabled?

I will work with you to ensure it either works or figure out what error it failed with.

The raising of the withdrawal limit is secondary - I confirm, this limit was added recently due to what appeared to be someone making a hacking attempt.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 04:44:05 PM

Hi Dave,

For higher security however, I do feel we should work on auto-withdraws first.  Do you have that feature enabled?

I will work with you to ensure it either works or figure out what error it failed with.

The raising of the withdrawal limit is secondary - I confirm, this limit was added recently due to what appeared to be someone making a hacking attempt.

Looking at the logs, auto withdrawals have been working on pool.biblepay.org and they went out today, and most people are using them.

Dave, you might have to populate your receive address and click Enable Auto Withdrawals.  They go out every morning at 9AM CST.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
coinsinspect

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:34:06 AM

Short-term we talked about it merging with POBH.   The long term goal was to replace PODC.

Just to clarify... You can't merge PoG with PoBH (PoW) because PoG is a daily superblock now. Perhaps I misunderstood and you meant the economics are siphoning from PoBH? After being in testnet, I've changed my mind and see sharing the PoDC with PoG makes more sense now. With GridCoin (GRC) pool and that guy from Turkey being the biggest BOINCers, I don't even see PoDC participants being aligned with Christian values. So, the sooner we can get off PoDC safely, the better. After the team requirement went away, there was no marketing angle being able to say a Christian coin was helping to cure cancer.  Now I feel like the messaging like seoccular says is to say to BiblePay is about promoting Christian values. Whether that is tithing, giving to charities (compassion, bloom, kairos), or something else... as long as it aligns with defined Christian values, it allows BiblePay to be more agile and test out innovative and/or novel technologies without deviating from the "Christian values" angle.

Thanks Sun, I appreciate your thoughts that take Christianity into consideration in the total mission.

I can say also that I love how philanthropic the BOINC community is in giving distributed computing time.  But I also feel that we as a community are capable of spreading the Gospel to masses and might have painted ourselves in a corner by appealing to a small segment of the available miners.  It will be very interesting to see if we can appeal to a few new users per day that feel like coming back daily to visit Christian spaces and evangelize to their friends.

Dear BBP community,
I ask you not to drop PODC support, as we are today the only profitable coin for BOINC community.
Dropping BOINC support in Biblepay will decrease the computer power in BOINC -> harming cancer curing research.
We help saving lives! Cry  - you cannot say this for any other mining protocol.

I suggest to code a more easy BOINC adaptation platform - in Byteball BOINC adaptation was very easy.
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:54:28 AM

Hi Dave,

Looking at the logs, auto withdrawals have been working on pool.biblepay.org and they went out today, and most people are using them.

Dave, you might have to populate your receive address and click Enable Auto Withdrawals.  They go out every morning at 9AM CST.

Hi Rob,

yes thank you, auto-withdrawal works fine for me and has done so for the last couple of months. But I used to manually withdraw coins additionally, because the auto-withdrawal is set to too little coins (or a too low percentage), meaning without manual withdrawals the coins keep piling up on the pool.
I think the most simple way would be to increase the amount of coins for the auto-w. for balances of - let's say - over 1000 BBP. That would be perfect. Wink
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:05:01 PM

Hi Dave,

Hi Rob,

yes thank you, auto-withdrawal works fine for me and has done so for the last couple of months. But I used to manually withdraw coins additionally, because the auto-withdrawal is set to too little coins (or a too low percentage), meaning without manual withdrawals the coins keep piling up on the pool.
I think the most simple way would be to increase the amount of coins for the auto-w. for balances of - let's say - over 1000 BBP. That would be perfect. Wink
im agree, 1000 BBP from pool is very low .. i withdrawed manually too

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 10:51:45 PM

Hi Dave,

Hi Rob,

Btw, I read what you mentioned about the flow (where we should throw the error at the point of withdraw, not later when they click verify e-mail) and I agree, we will fix that tonight.

On the limits, let me see what I can do.  Maybe I will make an exception for people we trust, and approve people like you and Slovakia with a higher limit.

Let me take a look at it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: