Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 01:10:26 AM

Frankly, I am not even sure why these polls exist. Are we going to have a new poll as long as the result is not what is expected?

Rob was concerned PoG v1 had some holes specifically with the ability to game the donation scheme so you can get the biggest percent of payments by running hundreds of BiblePay QT wallets.  PoG v2 has some of those issues addressed by utilizing concepts from an altcoin called Lynx (getlynx.io) via their HPoW (Hybrid Proof of Work) which uses some clever tricks to equitably distribute mining rewards using code and data from the blockchain.

I'm in support of PoG v2 with the caveat that it replace Proof of Work (BiblePay calls it Proof of Bible Hash PoBH) as a test. I think PoG v2 can be viable, but just need to test the waters slowly. It can also replace PoDC, but needs more support before we think about removing PoDC.

Correct, except the POG v2 addl features didn't come from Lynx.  The single coin spend (minimum age, minimum amount, and max_tithe_amount) came from the idea of adding a POG_Difficulty_algorithm, which is an original idea.  Really the credit can be given to classic POS.  I was trying to avoid POS schemes in POG v1, until we realized that we needed a tithe_cap and a tithe_exploit protection mechanism then it was clear we had to have at least a UTXO spec in the proposal. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:13:44 AM

BiblePay's Monthly Budget paid out recently,
http://explorer.biblepay.org/block/612363fd781f7c42e46e218e7b575ebe60deb4223c70da446db7e1e1403a57cb
http://explorer.biblepay.org/tx/7f685c6e836b475d7d4bcbb830637d9bcaade623ad74a537b646063d57bec90f

Looks like over 1 million BBP coins were not used and got burned!

Anyone can create a proposal to use budget funds, only costs 2500 BBP to create a proposal
and you can create it from your wallet!

Understanding BiblePay Governance and Budget System:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/UnderstandingGovernance

Code:
getgovernanceinfo

{
  "governanceminquorum": 10,
  "masternodewatchdogmaxseconds": 57600,
  "proposalfee": 2500.00000000,
  "superblockcycle": 6150,
  "lastsuperblock": 86100,
  "nextsuperblock": 92250,
  "nextbudget": 13724285
}

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:07:11 AM

who is finance master? its his fault that 1M BBP is burned ... damn it ..... we can used it for new exchange  Roll Eyes

Dimarzio123

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:00:23 AM

Frankly, I am not even sure why these polls exist. Are we going to have a new poll as long as the result is not what is expected?

Rob was concerned PoG v1 had some holes specifically with the ability to game the donation scheme so you can get the biggest percent of payments by running hundreds of BiblePay QT wallets.  PoG v2 has some of those issues addressed by utilizing concepts from an altcoin called Lynx (getlynx.io) via their HPoW (Hybrid Proof of Work) which uses some clever tricks to equitably distribute mining rewards using code and data from the blockchain.

I'm in support of PoG v2 with the caveat that it replace Proof of Work (BiblePay calls it Proof of Bible Hash PoBH) as a test. I think PoG v2 can be viable, but just need to test the waters slowly. It can also replace PoDC, but needs more support before we think about removing PoDC.

I have to say this is crazy to even think about turning off PoBH and PoDC

We are desperately looking for new users and the idea is cut off all current userts in the hope they will switch to something new?Huh

Stay simple - by all means add something new - but do NOT cut off your current user base!!

PM
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:29:06 AM

hmm, how can i do podcupdate with custom amount? i started few servers and rac is going up very fast, 50k per day or more. and if podcupdate from morning did 1m (110% which is max) then in the evening it is not enough and i'm going below 100%, maybe to 80% or so and also payout is then lower.
is it possible to do podcupdate manualy with custom amount?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 02:40:46 PM

hmm, how can i do podcupdate with custom amount? i started few servers and rac is going up very fast, 50k per day or more. and if podcupdate from morning did 1m (110% which is max) then in the evening it is not enough and i'm going below 100%, maybe to 80% or so and also payout is then lower.

Yes , please place this in config file:

utxooverride=nnnnn

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 02:58:39 PM

I have to say this is crazy to even think about turning off PoBH and PoDC

We are desperately looking for new users and the idea is cut off all current userts in the hope they will switch to something new?Huh

Stay simple - by all means add something new - but do NOT cut off your current user base!!

PM

From the looks of the current poll outcome we will most likely be staying with PODC (6 days to go).

But if we don't gain 1000 new users by June 2019, I think we should continue to take a hard look at features that offer easy adoption.

On the bright side I see a strong uptick in PODC difficulty (see the pool.biblepay.org Reports | Difficulty History).  We are finally close to surpassing the all-time high in PODC diff.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:02:54 PM

Yes , please place this in config file:

utxooverride=nnnnn

it works, great Smiley thanks
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:20:17 PM

Just talking out loud,
I dont know which people made forum accounts, and how many of the forum accounts are the same person
(its easy for some to create multiple email addresses and use different IP addresses)

We also dont know how much each of these forum accounts has invested into BiblePay

I am also not sure how actively people read bitcointalk or the biblepay forum,
(a proposal at least shows up in everyones wallet)

Basically what I am trying to say is, I trust masternode votes a lot more than forum votes,
but I understand forum votes usefulness with multiple choices and quick feedback,
but masternode votes are actually based on how much money someone has invested!

I believe a more true decision on project direction should come from a masternode vote
(Though I do kind of think miners should get voting power with their staked coins)

shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:06:27 PM

Just talking out loud,
I dont know which people made forum accounts, and how many of the forum accounts are the same person
(its easy for some to create multiple email addresses and use different IP addresses)

We also dont know how much each of these forum accounts has invested into BiblePay

Basically what I am trying to say is, I trust masternode votes a lot more than forum votes,
but I understand forum votes usefulness with multiple choices and quick feedback,

I believe a more true decision on project direction should come from a masternode vote
(Though I do kind of think miners should get voting power with their staked coins)

You know, Gridcoin had an interesting vote weight assigned to users based on two parameters: DC magnitude (based on Boinc RAC) and coins they have been staking. Basically, heavy-weight miners and thick wallets have a bigger say during voting. (The ultimate whale is one with a lot of coins that is also crunching heavily)

There were discussions to modify it (the respective weights of these two parameters), but all in all such a system would answer your concerns here (which, I share by the way).
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:13:46 PM

Just talking out loud,

You make it sound like forum people are untrustworthy, while those who have purchased masternodes somehow knows what's best?

And the rich get richer...
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 11:35:59 PM

Just talking out loud,

You make it sound like forum people are untrustworthy, while those who have purchased masternodes somehow knows what's best?

And the rich get richer...

Well actually what he says is based in truth:  Masternode (Sanctuary) votes are signed by the owners and include the democratic weight of the most invested in BiblePay, while forum votes otoh could be subject to multiple account attacks or administrator corruption of the sql server.

So Sanc votes should be trusted to a very high degree (9) while Id give a forum vote a ~6 (since we were clearly attacked on one of my older polls 6 months ago - remember I witnessed 20 new accounts per minute until I suspended new accounts until the poll was over).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 12:26:56 AM

Just talking out loud,

I think your right Togo - I was excited about POG2 for a while then started to get influenced by the latest poll - thinking it's not worth writing for testnet if the supermajority don't want it.  However, I think it's worth prodding the sanctuaries opinion on POG2.

I'll add a Sanc proposal within 24 hours.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 01:35:59 AM

Correct, except the POG v2 addl features didn't come from Lynx.  The single coin spend (minimum age, minimum amount, and max_tithe_amount) came from the idea of adding a POG_Difficulty_algorithm, which is an original idea.  Really the credit can be given to classic POS.  I was trying to avoid POS schemes in POG v1, until we realized that we needed a tithe_cap and a tithe_exploit protection mechanism then it was clear we had to have at least a UTXO spec in the proposal. 

I read something about coin-age so I thought you took some concepts from Lynx's Hybrid Proof of Work (HPoW). So, PoG (Proof of Giving) is tied to classic PoS with some tweaks for donations?  Hope you consider replacing PoBH with PoG v2. I will support that approach.

BGB_CRYPTO

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:08:13 AM

BBP Pool:

https://www.bbppool.com/

I believe this is our method for brand new users who have no UTXO stake.

i told this few days ago that this is way for new users, but registration is closed now
we need this kind of pool owned by us

hi,

I am the owner of grcpool.com and bbppool.com. Just to clear things up about registration being closed... I am not entirely sure I will open registrations back up on the pool at this point. Originally, I closed it because I wanted to keep an eye on some of the mandatory updates that were happening. Also, I was having some problems getting regular podc payments from the network (which seemed to have been fixed) and didn't want to be expanding if that didn't clear up. In addition, frankly, there were a number of things that distasted me about the project in general. Also, with the prices being so low, buying in shouldn't be very scary, of course I know that means you have to have the knowledge/ability to exchange.

Honestly, GRC is still my preference by a long way, and with grcpool being able get BBP now (along with other coins/tokens), I see less reason for bbppool to exist from my personal perspective. I think bbppool might as well join team gridcoin to get the rewards for all available tokens, which would put it as running the same as grcpool. I would rather have my personal funded staking funds running on grcpool to support the large community there. I expect to start processing the BBP earning this week as I am taking a pool vote on how to handle the BBP.

As it was mentioned, grcpool.com has a couple of versions that are online open source. bbppool is forked from them (the php pool on Gridcoin community github). I would be willing to put the current version of bbppool on my github also. They aren't the most open source friendly as its not like a one click setup kind of thing, but they can help by seeing how some of the critical features operate.

If you would like further discussion, please feel free to contact me on the discord channel @bgb.

shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:46:01 AM

I read something about coin-age so I thought you took some concepts from Lynx's Hybrid Proof of Work (HPoW). So, PoG (Proof of Giving) is tied to classic PoS with some tweaks for donations?  Hope you consider replacing PoBH with PoG v2. I will support that approach.

+1

Replace POBH with POG -- Great idea ! Good testing platform, minimal negative impact (if any) on coin price.

Replace PODC with POG -- Bad, bad idea without previous step and a contingency plan to support coin price in case PODC miners decide to liquidate their stake.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 02:24:43 PM

BiblePay mentioned in Cryptominertips:

https://cryptominertips.com/can-i-mine-bitcoin-with-my-laptop/

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 03:47:13 PM

Rob was concerned PoG v1 had some holes specifically with the ability to game the donation scheme so you can get the biggest percent of payments by running hundreds of BiblePay QT wallets.  PoG v2 has some of those issues addressed by utilizing concepts from an altcoin called Lynx (getlynx.io) via their HPoW (Hybrid Proof of Work) which uses some clever tricks to equitably distribute mining rewards using code and data from the blockchain.

Correct, except the POG v2 addl features didn't come from Lynx.  The single coin spend (minimum age, minimum amount, and max_tithe_amount) came from the idea of adding a POG_Difficulty_algorithm, which is an original idea.  Really the credit can be given to classic POS.  I was trying to avoid POS schemes in POG v1, until we realized that we needed a tithe_cap and a tithe_exploit protection mechanism then it was clear we had to have at least a UTXO spec in the proposal.  

I read something about coin-age so I thought you took some concepts from Lynx's Hybrid Proof of Work (HPoW). So, PoG (Proof of Giving) is tied to classic PoS with some tweaks for donations?  Hope you consider replacing PoBH with PoG v2. I will support that approach.

No, PoG is an original idea (not born from POS) with an internal pool (I believe that is a first) and share weight/rewards based on tithe levels to the foundation (which is also original).  It would use coin_age which is an *element* of POS to limit giving - but it is not based on proof-of-stake.   Lynx didn't influence it as we already have proof-of-stake in BiblePay (for our proof of concept for POL).  I mentioned my thoughts on Lynx right after you posted it (and I thought you read it and replied).  (On a side note I mentioned in the wiki that POG2 differs from POS in the sense that it seeks a single coin so that the smallest wallets can mine, in contrast to POS where the richest are rewarded commensurately - as I feel its important in this easy adoption scenario to attempt to spread the rewards out to every newbie by tithe amount in the pool).

Just to be clear, I don't intend to create a proposal for POG to replace POBH as POG2 was born out of simplifying our infrastructure for easy adoption.

So please if anyone is pushing for POG to replace POBH only, vote against it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 03:48:05 PM

I added a sanctuary vote for exploring POG2 as a potential replacement for PODC.

Please vote Sancs over the next 14 days~.

EDIT:  I'm not against phasing POG2 in if it wins (as a temporary replacement for POBH).  The issue is I'm not sure if we will go through the entire design/testnet/change/release process if the algorithm isn't supported as a replacement to PODC to begin with (as that is technically what the idea was created to address).

I'm all for safety - testnet - phasing in as POBH enhancement - and then replacing PODC if POG2 works as expected. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 04:25:06 PM

Let's give a big thanks to QIEX for donating all of 2018's trading profits to our orphan foundation!

QIEX has donated:  106,490 BBP!  Thanks QIEX!

QIEX interview with BBP founder:
http://pool.biblepay.org/docs/QIEX%20BBP%20ACCESS.pdf

** NOTE **

Ricky (CEO) and Linda (Bus Development) from QIEX pledge to notify the Chinese Crypto-Whales of BiblePay over the next quarter.  They will be introducing the whales to their exchange and promoting biblepay.  We will keep everyone updated on this and how we are received.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: