Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:16:07 AM

So is this CPU mining only?
Yes, CPU only.  I can even get coins with my old laptop.  Much better for those of us who don't have multiple GPU's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:40:46 AM

This is my first time seeing a platform like this one. I hope you stay longer in this new technology so you can extend your hand on those who are in need especially orphans, this is really great I will follow for more updates! kudos to the creator of this platform.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:00:49 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 04:13:25 PM by slovakia

Togo good job : can you set on this black box too thanks.... i resend to all my friends

Bible_Pay can you fix it? http://biblepay.inspect.network/  Network (MH/s) Huh   Difficulty  N/N  BTC PRICE   0.00000000  POOL BTC Price:  bad price = set it from bitcoinwisdom

smbbm

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:03:37 PM

Biblepay is moving forward but & nice logo... just curious about few things:

1) Latin terms in logo? Any special reason for that... is that a Roman Catholic or Vatican project or what's the reason for that?

2) You're using (probably unintentionally) false statement about money supply: BiblePay is not deflationary currency like it's stated but it's actually highly inflationary crypto with quite rapidly decreasing inflation rate in time. Just to be accurate!  There are some non-inflationary - and theoretically deflationary cryptos (like NEM or ).
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 03:01:30 PM

Biblepay is moving forward but & nice logo... just curious about few things:

1) Latin terms in logo? Any special reason for that... is that a Roman Catholic or Vatican project or what's the reason for that?

2) You're using (probably unintentionally) false statement about money supply: BiblePay is not deflationary currency like it's stated but it's actually highly inflationary crypto with quite rapidly decreasing inflation rate in time. Just to be accurate!  There are some non-inflationary - and theoretically deflationary cryptos (like NEM or ).

We have absolutely no ties to Roman catholicism or the Vatican.  As a matter of fact, Im particularly ANTI Roman-Catholicism myself, primarily because I believe in pure Christianity, with the bible exactly static and Jesus the sole soul arbiter (https://www.jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm).  The Latin logo phrase was chosen to be a universal truth.

On #2, Oh I pray this can end here.  If this gets out of hand or disrespectful, this conversation will end, but the truth will stay.

I will clarify that we have a Deflationary Emission Schedule per Block.  According to your definition of inflation (an expanding money supply), you obviously believe bitcoin is inflationary (because their money supply is expanding still) even though, they halve the reward every 4 years and have already printed 95% of their supply into existence.  The problem is, I dont think the exact quant definition of inflation describes us well or that moving 5.2 billion coins of money supply into the genesis block magically makes us deflationary either.  I think we just need to exactly say that we have a deflationary emission schedule from Block #1, Every Month, therefore we are deflationary.  And Bitcoin is deflationary, because they halve the reward every 4 years.  And the Default Deflationary reference is to the decreasing supply component, not to the total money supply.  And relatively speaking, BBP compared to Global G5 central bank money supply, we are highly deflationary, in the sense that global dollars are inflating at a 15% rate per year, while our emission schedule is deflating at a rate of 19.5% per year.  So you are arguing since NEM was completely premined up front, its more deflationary.  But technically I could argue that as NEM releases coins into the market with their algorithm, (from the premine cache), that component is inflationary.  

To be accurate we have to define what constitutes the inflation component: releasing coins in the coinbase, or releasing coins from the algorithm (both), or an expanding total money supply.  The rate of coin release is more relevant than an expanding total money supply on inflation.  

And for the average blue collar person, it IS useful to know that holding Crypto-XYZ relative to G5 is deflationary.  I would say holding Bitcoin relative to G5 is deflationary, but obviously constitutes market risk.  Holding Biblepay relative to G5 is deflationary.  Our deflation argument must define deflation as Deflationary per Block emitted, not Deflationary relative to decreasing total money supply.  (I have a strong reasoning other than this, to back this up, stronger than the textbook definitions, as textbook definitions dont take into account the niches in crypto: In crypto there are also more components involved that are very real:  Lost coins constitute an approx. 20% decrease in total money supply per year, human population increasing at 75MM per year, and Nielsens law - internet use is up by 50% in 3rd world countries per year, among others, etc).

Besides, people in the real world have no clue how many total dollars in m1 & m2 are actually circulating.  They care about the purchasing power of each dollar.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:42:14 PM

The issue becomes when the signal to noise ratio is so low because of one or two users spewing FUD, then the old forum becomes pretty useless. If I have to go back four pages to see anything of value, it is no better than a smaller thread with good questions and posts.  I would say given the high level of posting we had and our relatively low user count, with the myriad of people asking "when is the ICO" we weren't getting a lot of quality exposure.  So yes, if you want to see it all, subscribe, but for the average user, having four pages of one user spreading FUD without a solid backing hurts things more than it helps.

One of the deleted posts I've seen, included profanity.  So as this is a religious based coin and we should moderate that sort of things out which would enable the coin to reach more religious people, or we shouldn't moderate and end up with a difficult to read thread with offensive posts.

In the end, I woudn't have gone with the Moderated forum because of the workload, but the last week or so has been essentially one big argument on the original announcement page (and I'll accept I contributed to that, but felt it was necessary to explain points that were developed to hopefully show a casual user just discovering the coin that that opinion was not widely held).

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 06:52:39 PM

OK, this is starting to hurt the coin, and I care because I am very invested in it.

I registered this account only to respectfully offer some advice to bible_pay. I will never post again from this account, so don't even bother banning me.

I have already seen a few posts getting deleted from this thread. I have seen their content, because it's easy to do so (explained below). Also, I am not one of the people who got their posts deleted, I am just an observer. Now here are my thoughts:

• Fact: The coin would get much more discovered (by far) if people were allowed to post more, as it would constantly bump the thread to the top of the subforum. Isn't it in your interest to present the coin to the audience as large as possible? And who do you think will help you test sanctuaries if you bury the thread every time when you delete posts?
  • Fact: Everyone can subscribe to email notifications to the thread by clicking on the "notify" button in the top right or bottom right. That way they can see every post, including deleted ones, and that's how I see them disappear from the thread. So I don't see much point in deleting posts, it could only affect the ones who don't care much for the coin.
  • Opinion: When self-moderating the thread, there is a lot more work to do and a lot more stress, compared to an inconvenience of passively seeing "this user is ignored" posts. Actually, that is even much better because you don't get to read the posts, but as a self-moderator, you still read every post which still annoys you! No win there. By the way, those users who you call trolls or spammers would not post messages like that if you just tried to reply to their questions. For example, if you don't want to reveal who you are, you could explain why, I know that there is a reasonable explanation. Not to call a user spammer just for asking you a fair question. In the beginning they were respectful, they stopped being respectful after you ignored them or called them spammers or told them to get out of here.
  • Opinion: I am not against deleting a troll/spam post. But there is a difference between that and just deleting every post you personally don't like or not wanting to deal with it. If you would be objective in deleting posts, then those actions would be positive, but I think you can't control your own emotions. At least find a moderator who will replace you, because I can't see this going much further like this.
  • Opinion: Maybe you don't realize that this way you can only get people nervous, revengeful etc. With your actions, you are literally forcing them to spam even more, and even create new accounts in spite and so on. Not only you achieved that people will hate you and have negative feelings toward the coin, but you can also never beat them. They will always find ways to post their message, again and again, and it will annoy you more and more, not less. I'm sorry to say this, but this whole shebang is actually only a product of your own insecurities, tendencies to rage as a Christian etc. You need to find another team member to deal with the community.
  • I hold 4+ million BBP, but I would be forced to sell if this nonsense continues. I was a long term believer in this project, but the dev, however technologically skilled and with good intentions, can't seem to restrain his internal struggles, which affects the coin community very much. It would be superb if we could have a DAO and not this one central authority which is unstable, locks down a thread and prevents users from voicing an opinion.

If you delete this post too, I will come back and post it again, because it is by no means a spam/troll post. It is a post providing some insight and justified worries, perhaps unrealized until now. All in good faith to try to improve the community around this coin, to have a bright future. The future is dark in the current circumstances.

Sorry, but Ive only deleted posts from CoinPimp who was clearly a troll, and a profanity laced post.

You really dont need to be insinuating things that are not evening happening yet.

We need to be self moderated when its obvious that over 35% of our posts are spam.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Orianaa

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:11:29 PM

Seven minute block targets minimize the blockchain file size, yet BiblePay does support Dash's instantsend for speedy transactions.
MasterNodes (called Sanctuaries) will come online after Christmas, allowing all expenses to be voted on and approved.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:15:16 PM

After the sanctuaries go live, the 10% tithe will be diverted to an ongoing budget with DAO governance, voting, allowing the coin to function
as a dectralized autonomous charity; at that point the lead dev and volunteers will become a normal part of the community allowing the coin to run by itself.

Yes, exactly true.  Im hoping to find volunteers to help administer the work involved in running the coin and spread it out, and Ill become "one of the devs".

However, I do think we will have a bi-annual release schedule, with a huge releases each 6 months even after Christmas, meaning that for example, in June 2018 we might have an e-commerce release with the amazon integration in prod, the atomic trading and the c# smart contracts for example.  This coin does not end its feature list with just "orphan tithes", it continues to grow until it hits the top 100 list.  I want its $400MM market cap to affect the lives of thousands of orphans per month.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:19:54 PM

btw: im wrote 2 weeks ago to compassion and asked them about BIBLEPAY coin and sponsoring all orphans from mining:

their answers was that they never heard any about BIBLEPAY, any mining, any sponsoring orphans by coins and when they saw my links about mining,pools,10% sponsoring to orphans told me that they dont know what is it

so? BIBLE_PAY: can you show any proofs about sponsoring to orphans and im asking you: how can we check all blocks from 0 genesis block?

thanks

Sorry, but you are a liar, the receipts are all there online on accountability.biblepay.org, and Ill post the biblepay organization account # here in a minute so anyone who wants to call the 800 # can check, give me a minute.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:24:49 PM

btw: im wrote 2 weeks ago to compassion and asked them about BIBLEPAY coin and sponsoring all orphans from mining:

their answers was that they never heard any about BIBLEPAY, any mining, any sponsoring orphans by coins and when they saw my links about mining,pools,10% sponsoring to orphans told me that they dont know what is it

so? BIBLE_PAY: can you show any proofs about sponsoring to orphans and im asking you: how can we check all blocks from 0 genesis block?

thanks

Sorry, but you are a liar, the receipts are all there online on accountability.biblepay.org, and Ill post the biblepay organization account # here in a minute so anyone who wants to call the 800 # can check, give me a minute.

Here you go guys: COMPASSION INTL
ORGANIZATION NAME: BIBLEPAY
ACCOUNT #: 07816292  

PHONE# : (800) 336-7676
HOURS:  Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Mailing address: Compassion International Colorado Springs, CO 80997
ORG CONTACT: ROBERT A.

All of our Actual Orphan ID #s are listed in accountability.biblepay.org in Orphan List | Active.  Go ahead and ask about one of them!  Please.

Also, the receipts I posted in EXPENSES are the actual payments I made on my credit card.  I have a copy here in case the IRS comes to my house.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:22:57 PM

Hi Rob,

If these slanderers keep posting here we may like to consider not having a bitcointalk page. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

(Re: your earlier post about more testers): Sorry mate, I wont have mined enough before testing ends. I'm looking forward to running a sanctuary some time next year though.
Once it's up and running would someone be so kind as to write a step-by-step guide on how to set up a sanctuary please?

Thanks
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:14:17 PM

whoa.. whats going on with the dissension? I went to the deer lease thursday and come back to broken threads, false accusations, and discord... whats the back story / catalyst? 
znffal

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:30:48 PM

whoa.. whats going on with the dissension? I went to the deer lease thursday and come back to broken threads, false accusations, and discord... whats the back story / catalyst? 

Not 100% sure the catalyst, but lots of people coming in slandering Rob and the project, offering no proof, and spamming the threads.
I think we moved to a new thread so Rob could actively moderate it.

I speculate that it's just people who are upset at the amount of coins needed to run a sanctuary.
Sometimes I think that Christians are the worst thing about Christianity.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 11:11:40 PM

Hi Rob,

If these slanderers keep posting here we may like to consider not having a bitcointalk page. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

(Re: your earlier post about more testers): Sorry mate, I wont have mined enough before testing ends. I'm looking forward to running a sanctuary some time next year though.
Once it's up and running would someone be so kind as to write a step-by-step guide on how to set up a sanctuary please?

Thanks

It should calm down within a couple of weeks, its good for PR in the end.

I don't want to suggest you spend money, but, if you get a $5-per-month vultr node, you could start a sanctuary now in testnet and then transition it over at Christmas.

If you decide to here are the sanctuary instructions:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary

Note that in testnet, the amount is current 500,000 bbp not 1.5MM BBP.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sharpshot

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:12:33 PM

I guess RespectfulAdvice is coinpimp321?  It's easy to make a new account and post under another name but not so easy to write in a different style.  It's a shame some people just wont let things go.
znffal

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:13:35 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks

I don't want to suggest you spend money, but, if you get a $5-per-month vultr node, you could start a sanctuary now in testnet and then transition it over at Christmas.

Thanks Rob,

Yes I will do that, but I don't have the 500,000 BBP yet. I will do though, just probably not before Christmas.

I did set up a Vultr node for mining and it seems to work well. Once I mine enough I will transition that over
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:23:09 PM

BiblePay already has 8,309 Full Nodes?! 
https://c-cex.com/?id=ws&shownodes=bbp

Bitcoin only has 10,737 Full Nodes??
https://coin.dance/nodes

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Full_node

znffal

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:24:32 PM

BiblePay already has 8,309 Full Nodes?! 
https://c-cex.com/?id=ws&shownodes=bbp

Bitcoin only has 10,737 Full Nodes??
https://coin.dance/nodes

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Full_node

Wow, I don't really know what that means but it sounds impressive!

Quick question, what if I added all these 8309 nodes to my config file? What would happen?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 11:38:15 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks

Thanks Rob,

Yes I will do that, but I don't have the 500,000 BBP yet. I will do though, just probably not before Christmas.

I did set up a Vultr node for mining and it seems to work well. Once I mine enough I will transition that over

Ok sweet.  If anyone does want to help in testnet, I have 90MM testnet coins so feel free to ask.  Its 500,000 in TestNet and the placeholder is just set at 1.5MM for Prod for Christmas.

Note:  Everyone in testnet except 217.182, all of your watchman are failing.  I found out today, there was a missing "~" in the instructions, so if your sanctuary says "WATCHDOG_EXPIRED", please edit your crontab -e by verifying the wiki.biblepay.org/create_sanctuary instructions.  Then run the crontab -e command from your command line and see if it works manually.  If it yields an empty response, that means its working, and in 15 mins your watchdog_expired error should dissapear.

We need to get testing to make the deadline.  Not one person has asked about how to get a retirement account balance or tested f8000 (a critical test).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: