Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
aikida3k

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:57:30 AM

Twitter user CryptoTonya is interested in bounty/promoting/PR:  https://twitter.com/TonyaZee/status/936388601604079616

I've heard of her...She does good work with promoting on Twitter and LinkedIn. Think she has done some social media coordinator stuff for some other coins as well.

Did you just delete your message and pretend to be someone else to promote yourself?

https://prntscr.com/hhjgqg

Lol, technically true haha

She only has 439 followers and retweets like 30 times a day?  And wants a masternode?  I would rather try and get Ronnie Moas's
https://twitter.com/RonnieMoas  attention or Willy Woo's https://twitter.com/woonomic

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:00:37 AM

Twitter user CryptoTonya is interested in bounty/promoting/PR:  https://twitter.com/TonyaZee/status/936388601604079616

I've heard of her...She does good work with promoting on Twitter and LinkedIn. Think she has done some social media coordinator stuff for some other coins as well.

Did you just delete your message and pretend to be someone else to promote yourself?

Lol, technically true haha

LOL~~ This is hilarious... And thank you @Alex873434 for your sharp eye to notice this. I believe there are a lot of these people trying to cheat coin developer, same as LindaCoin developer faced : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2126041.msg24194897#msg24194897.
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:51:52 AM

Good to see the price break higher.  Would be nice to have an uptrend instead of sideways.
Wow, just saw that. Who is pumping and dumping?

Edit: Let me reassess. It could be a pump, or it could be people rushing to buy to have enough for a Sanctuary come Christmas.

It was me guys. I had to make my final point and demonstrate how easy it is to pump up the price when you can mine so much coin. LOL

(i wish!)

In all seriousness this goes to my point on how 'powerhashers' can manipulate prices.
The sell right now is at 15 sat and the buy is at 10. So if you have 100 bbp you cant sell at 15 cause there are so many coins in the line in front. So you have to sell at 10.

This demonstrates a weakness in the large volume of coins. Unfair distribution and price manipulation

Thats wrong, you can still sell at 15.  This concept applies to much more than altcoins, you see it in penny stocks too.  This happens when the trading volume is low.  When its high, there are thousands of trades and the buy and sell are seperated by a penny or some other low amount.  When its low volume the buy and sell are further apart.  If you really want the coin, you will pay for the higher ask price.  If you don't you will stick with the low bid.  On the other hand, if you really want to sell, you will sell for the low bid price, otherwise, you stay at the higher ask.  Eventually the buyers and sellers will inch their offers forward.  Like if I really want to buy and the high bid is 10 sat, maybe ill put in an order for 11 sat.  A seller might really want to sell, so they will put in a sell order at 14 sat instead of 15.  When volume gets high enough, the numbers meet.

I am probably wrong i do not know. I am new to this so please be patient and help me understand.

Right now the exchange shows that to sell at 13 sat, there are 568696 coins available

0.00000013   568696.06475821

the next tier 14,15,16 is the same.Flooded with coins.

So say i have 100 bbp i want to sell. As i understand it, again I may be wrong, but I cant sell at those prices because there are already a huge amount of coins in front of me that will sell first. correct?

So i have to always settle for the buy side of 12 sat.

With my capabilities, I could never hope to get 500k coins to sell. That would take at least a year.  In that year what will happen? The same miners would be continually pumping out coins to sell and create these walls that small, normal miners could never overcome. I would always have to settle for the highest buy bid which is the lowest price.

Am i wrong in my thinking? Please explain how i could sell 100 bbp at 13 sat if its saturated with coins?

I think in the longer terms this will keep the prices of the coins always in the sub 100 sat level. Miners with greater hashing power will always turn around and sell very large volumes for profit. More new miners will enter to do the same. At some point the difficulty will increase and this dynamic may slow down. But in all that time the normal miner cant hope to make a profit.

Again I may be totally wrong but that just seems to be how this is going at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any correction of my thinking.

There are a lot of nuances to what you said above, so the answer is multifaceted and long winded.

Let me try to cover the tips and you can ponder and google between the lines.

The (crypto exchange) market at the money fills Market orders.  So if you sacrifice time (IE convenience) for price, you settle for the "market" price (thats .0011 per coin) in USD.
If you have 500,000 to sell and you dont sacrifice time, you can set Limit orders up.  There is a chance over time those will be Hit.

We also have to consider the forward value of BBP.  Some like myself, believe we will appreciate over the next year based on G5 inflation and our deflation, technology, sanctuaries, and being a good investment for the future.  So some are actually mining based on our forward value.  The reward of 10,000 BBP means a newer PC earns about 500 coins a day (IE $18 a month) which is about break-even for electric rates and depreciation (of the computer).

Ok yes i understand a bit more thank you! I will be one of those who putt-putt-putt mine for 'forward value'. That is why i asked earlier what kind of stronger features the coin will have to increase its value. Charity function is awesome do not mistake me

As well could you address this theory of over supply keeping prices low? If the top miners keep creating coins, then sell them, then do it again, over and over wont that continually setup a lot of supply with less demand? The demand side i see is people wanting to buy a masternode. What else would/could drive the demand? Again this relates to the idea of more, stronger features to drive demand.

I hope I am expressing myself correctly. Right now it seems there is a circle. The miner makes  a lot of coins, to sell a lot of coins, to people who want to buy a masternode to get more coins. So they get the masernode, and it generates more coins for them. So they sell them. For more masternodes. etc. Repeat cycle. Maybe this is the nature of crypto right now and biblepay is no different? Well, of course there is one difference with the children and that is very good.

If miners are just selling and there is no interest in buying, then yes there will be more supply than demand and prices will drop. If more people want to buy than those selling, then prices rise.  There are multiple catalysts that create demand.  Some people want to run a masternode, others just like the idea of helping orphans and/or the religious aspect, some people are buying because they think the price will rise.  Some miners want to dump their coins right away, others hold it for the reasons I just stated.  As of right now, yes its a circle, but anyone trading stocks or currencies will tell you its a circle to them too.  If I trade on the forex and buy euros, rubles, pesos, or whatever currency, I'm not buying it to use on vacation, I'm buying it to sell and make a profit.  Go to this site and look at the trading volumes:  https://coinmarketcap.com/  Now is probably a bad time for an example since all of the coins are currently trading lower, but look at Dash.  $492 million dollars worth of Dash traded in the last 24 hours, and it still went up 6%.  That means $246 million dollars worth of Dash was sold and it didn't collapse the price.
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:43:29 AM

People buying coins for sanctuaries could push the price up.  They effectively take coins out of circulation as well, so the big supply is less of a concern.  If BBP gets listed on more exchanges, the volume should increase and that will help.  If the chart is right, someone bought at 16 sats this week, not quite sure how that happens.

If all the miners set their sell orders a bit higher, the price would go up and they would make more money but that's not likely to happen.
yuno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Youtube Influencer

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:26:28 AM

Dear children of God, would you please help me how to mine Biblepay? I'm an acolyte/newbie  Undecided

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:55:36 AM

http://biblepay.inspect.network/

working

yuno
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:35:24 PM

To quickly summarize how the markets work, use the following as an example in easy numbers.

You have 100 ABC to sell.

The CCex price says there are sell orders for 2000 ABC at 20 sat and 1900 ABC at 21 sat.  Meanwhile, there are buy orders for 500 ABC at 18 sat and 1000 ABC at 17 sat.

You have multiple options, but the three most basic ones are this.

You could sell your 100 ABC instantly for 18 sat, fulfilling part of that buy order.  You would instantly receive 1800 Sat minus commission.

You could place a sell order for 20 sat, and that would increase the sell order from 2000 ABC to 2100 ABC.  Once 2000 ABC had sold at 20, your 100 ABC would be the next to sell.  If I am the user trying to sell 2000 ABC, and I cancel my sell order, then your order goes to the front of the line, even if 8 hours later I place a new sell order for 20 sat.  It's a FIFO system.

You could place a sell order for 100 ABC at 19 sat, becoming the only sell order at that level, and being the first in that line.

To refine the example, if you had 1500 ABC to sell, you could instantly sell the first 500 for 18 sat, and the last 1000 for 17 sat, fulfilling both buy orders at said prices.

Most markets move pretty quickly, so even if you duplicate a price and get last in line, if you're near the transaction line (where the buy and sell orders are actually occurring) you'll move up in a reasonable time.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:32:17 PM

Despite reading the OP, I don't quite understand what this coin is supposed to represent. Bible verses are hashed into chain? And what is the reason for that? Who is meant to use this currency?

You guys are running a bible coin but not answering my question. It seems weird. So what is the prior purpose of this coin?

"Love one another,
be a good Samaritan,
help those in distress (orphans & widows),
and spread the gospel."

Launch Post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

"BiblePay is a secure deflationary blockchain developed to benefit those in distress.
10% of the emission of the blockchain goes directly to sponsoring Orphans,
with provable contributions, contributed to an organization (Compassion.com) that is more than 75% efficient."

hmm, it's not that I feel satisfied with your answer. But hey, this is bible coin so we should all accept each other! Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Megumi143

Activity: 192

HigH coin Symbol HIGH coingecko or stocks.exchange

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:35:34 PM

Take a look into listing on the BOLENUM exchange BLN on coinexchange. They're launching a beta versio Dec 15th and are looking to add 5 or 6 coins.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:55:04 PM

I've run into a clitch installing BP using install_biblepay.sh on an ARM64 server running Ubuntu Xenial (16.04). I've downloaded the config scripts as advised below, but I'm uncertain how to run them either as root or user. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

usr1@s-016:~$ cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
usr1@s-016:~/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix$ ../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
checking build system type... ../dist/config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2009-02-03, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD
and
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD

If the version you run (../dist/config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <config-patches@gnu.org> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2009-02-03

uname -m = aarch64
uname -r = 4.4.100-mainline-rev1
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 SMP Tue Nov 21 08:58:03 UTC 2017

/usr/bin/uname -p =
/bin/uname -X     =

hostinfo               =
/bin/universe          =
/usr/bin/arch -k       =
/bin/arch              =
/usr/bin/oslevel       =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_MACHINE = aarch64
UNAME_RELEASE = 4.4.100-mainline-rev1
UNAME_SYSTEM  = Linux
UNAME_VERSION = #1 SMP Tue Nov 21 08:58:03 UTC 2017
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
usr1@s-016:~/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix$ make install
make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop.
orbis

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:20:48 PM

Hi,
I have a question.
I know, that you are planning some improvements in pool statistics, but
do you plan in future to implement some more statistics?
For example general statistics, like on many other pools:
Code:
Pool Hash Rate
Pool Efficiency
Current Active Workers
Current Difficulty
Est. Next Difficulty
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)
Est. Shares this Round
Next Network Block
Last Block Found
Time Since Last Block
etc.

You are doing great job Wink
slovakia

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

Pool Hash Rate we got it
Current Active Workers we got it= you can found all miners on pool+linux+windows miners
Current Difficulty for this is explorer

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 09:48:14 PM

Hi,
I have a question.
I know, that you are planning some improvements in pool statistics, but
do you plan in future to implement some more statistics?
For example general statistics, like on many other pools:
Code:
x Pool Hash Rate
Pool Efficiency (Please define)
x Current Active Workers
Current Difficulty
Est. Next Difficulty
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)
Est. Shares this Round
Next Network Block
x Last Block Found
Time Since Last Block
etc.

You are doing great job Wink

A few of these are on the about page.  Yes, I think we can add some of these others.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:51:42 PM

bible_pay have you ever thought about change name our coin? more ppl told me that name of this coin is bad  Wink BIBLECOIN for example or something other

adrianbits

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:00:01 PM

To quickly summarize how the markets work, use the following as an example in easy numbers.

The CCex price says there are sell orders for 2000 ABC at 20 sat and 1900 ABC at 21 sat.  Meanwhile, there are buy orders for 500 ABC at 18 sat and 1000 ABC at 17 sat.

You could sell your 100 ABC instantly for 18 sat, fulfilling part of that buy order.  You would instantly receive 1800 Sat minus commission.

You could place a sell order for 20 sat, and that would increase the sell order from 2000 ABC to 2100 ABC.  Once 2000 ABC had sold at 20, your 100 ABC would be the next to sell.  If I am the user trying to sell 2000 ABC, and I cancel my sell order, then your order goes to the front of the line, even if 8 hours later I place a new sell order for 20 sat.  It's a FIFO system.

You could place a sell order for 100 ABC at 19 sat, becoming the only sell order at that level, and being the first in that line.

To refine the example, if you had 1500 ABC to sell, you could instantly sell the first 500 for 18 sat, and the last 1000 for 17 sat, fulfilling both buy orders at said prices.

Most markets move pretty quickly, so even if you duplicate a price and get last in line, if you're near the transaction line (where the buy and sell orders are actually occurring) you'll move up in a reasonable time.

Thanks for the detailed response.  The example numbers help.

When i look at the current market it is clogged at every level (12,13,14,15,etc ) is clogged with high volume of coins. So my original point is that there is no way for a normal 1 cpu miner to ever get into that area and always settle for the lower end (11 sat). The only hope is that the overall prices rises. But the supply side will always keep a cap on it.

It needs more demand. from features, PR, new exchanges, dunno  Huh

znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:22:41 PM

When i look at the current market it is clogged at every level (12,13,14,15,etc ) is clogged with high volume of coins. So my original point is that there is no way for a normal 1 cpu miner to ever get into that area and always settle for the lower end (11 sat). The only hope is that the overall prices rises. But the supply side will always keep a cap on it.

Keep in mind this is still a very new crypto. All if these things are planned or in progress.
adrianbits

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:25:19 PM

Keep in mind this is still a very new crypto. All if these things are planned or in progress.

Yes of course. Very understandable. That is why im hoping we can brainstorm something that will make the demand side stronger. Some special feature or compelling aspect. It may pop into someone's head and we can all work towards it quickly
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 11:31:49 PM

bible_pay have you ever thought about change name our coin? more ppl told me that name of this coin is bad  Wink BIBLECOIN for example or something other

No Smiley, and since I have integrity, No Smiley.

While we are on that subject, lets not be ashamed to say JESUS IS LORD!

Keep your lamps filled, and pray to be worthy of the rapture at all times - stay rapture ready guys.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
adrianbits

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:55:04 AM

Rob -

is it possible to add a export to csv function to the pool.

For tax purposes its necessary to track how much and when crypto is mined.

It would also be useful to have the number of coins mined in 24 hour period or per hour to get a sense of rate

Thank you
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:32:29 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 10:35:09 PM by aikida3k

They believe in Jesus as a holy prophet, they just don't accept Him as the Son of God.  They don't believe He died on the cross for our sins, instead they believe He was taken up to Heaven like Elijah.  They don't believe God can have any sons or daughters and that would be the crime of shirk.  But they would agree with the mandate of biblepay:

Surah 2:277
Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

From http://www.uscatholic.org/articles/201609/what-do-muslims-think-jesus-30772
“Who do people say that I am?” Jesus asked his disciples. Their answers—from John the Baptist to Elijah or one of the prophets—reveal how his followers understood his life and mission. Today, asking Muslim communities around the world the same question—who do you think that Christ is?—is equally revealing.

The Quran mentions Jesus, or Isa, 25 times, but differently each time. The Quran explains that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary (19:20–21) and is “high honored in this and the next world” (3:45–47). Thus, he is called Isa ibn Maryam, or Jesus son of Mary. The Quran also refers to him as ruh min Allah (“Spirit from God”), mushia bi’l baraka (“the Messiah—someone blessed by God”), kalimah min Allah (“Word from/of God”), and rasul (Prophet-Messenger) of God.

Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet who was given a special message—injil, or the gospel—to convey to all people. This message both confirmed what was taught in the Torah and foretold the coming of Prophet Muhammad. Thus, Jesus has a vital and unique role to play in the Muslim faith.

However, while Muslims accept that Jesus was a servant, teacher, and lover of God’s Word, they do not believe that he was divine or the son of God. The Quran describes the miracles Jesus performed, such as healing the sick and raising the dead, but does not ascribe these miracles to his divinity. Instead, Jesus is a sign to all humankind of God’s endless mercy.

Muslims do not believe in original sin. They see no need for a savior and, moreover, do not believe in Jesus’ crucifixion. The Quran states that Jesus was assumed into heaven (3:169) before his actual death. Islamic tradition explains that Jesus was spared death because he was God’s holy one. Muslims believe Jesus’ enemies could not triumph over him because he is God’s chosen servant.

Like Christians, Muslims believe that Jesus will return. Islamic texts say that Jesus will come back on the Day of Judgment, when he will destroy the ad-dajjal—anti-Christ or imposter.

Throughout history and today many Islamic thinkers have used Jesus as an important religious model. Eleventh- and 12th-century scholar Abu Hamid al-Ghazali encouraged Muslims to pray as Jesus prayed. Thirteenth-century philosopher Ibn ‘Arabi called Jesus wilaya (“seal of the friend of God”) because he possessed the highest knowledge of and intimacy with God. Mahmoud Ayoub, a modern Islamic theologian, has developed an Islamic Christology that explores how Jesus exemplifies the fulfillment of humanity by being fully illuminated by God’s light (tajalli).

Of course Islamic thought on Jesus differs from Christian teachings. But we also share many common beliefs: the virgin birth of Jesus to Mary, profound respect for the mystery of God, love for Jesus, and a willingness to learn from his life as we seek happiness with God. Perhaps here is an opening for a productive conversation between our faiths.

Peace be with you, adoron4ik1980.  Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Its a pleasure to have you here.  I love the synopsis above, it is a great reference and succinct.  It is exactly what I learned about the Qurans and Quranic view on Jesus.

I respect that this conversation could be very constructive, or a powder Keg (similar to the Middle East) situation.  Let us try to embrace this and create something positive.

First, let me say the most abrasive Christian comments.  Remember, this part is just my personal view.  Where the Islamic faith veers away from the Christian faith, I feel the Quran itself contains enough truth to deceive one new believer that is the authentic word from the most high God, yet captures the soul into worshiping the wrong God, one that may actually be burning.  From the Christian perspective we have John the Revelator writing Revelations in 64AD, with Jesus sealing the text "And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy" with a grave warning.  If God ended the KJV bible that way in 64AD, why would Gabriel need to dictate a new Quran to Muhamed in 610 AD?  I also want to bring up 1 John 4, his command to Test the Spirits.  The test is that if anyone in the spirit realm denies that Jesus came in the flesh (as the son of God), then that person is of the Antichrist, however anyone who believes Jesus came in the flesh, as the son, and was Crucified, dead buried and resurrected, then they are of the Holy Spirit.  So yes, analyzing the Quran, it seems to me the entire religion was designed as a perfect tool, to be created by the enemy, to lead a person through deceit, to sign the keys of their soul, or their allegience over to Satan, the father of lies.  The narrative in the book straightens the way for the Antichrists identity to be confused with the 2nd coming at Armageddon.  I think the role the Mahdi plays in Quranic eschatology confuses the masses into keeping their eyes off of Jesus at that required time of great deception - so as to not be "ready" spiritually when you need your entire wits end to stave off the grand deception (as when the great trib starts, those left behind will be under such a deception that even the very elect would be deceived if those days not shortened, taken another way: if you dont have your breastplate of His Word on you, you too will fall for it).  So from the Christian perspective, I view the Quran as an unnecessary book, if the Bible is indeed the complete reference for man (and John sealed it 700 years earlier that way).  The other hurdle we have to deal with is if the Islamic faith is a religion of violence/war.  There are tons of references to things that allude to "if you are not with us you are against us" therefore we will hurt or kill you, while Christianity says : Love covers a multitude of sins, if slapped turn the other cheek, pray for your enemies.  Another words, my view is the Islamic faith indoctrinates early subtle hints of violence from a young age, to desensitize one into religious violence.  (IE the mustard seed in Islam grows to a sword, while the mustard seed in Christianity grows to love for your neighbor).

I must move on.  What can we do to work together?  Well, for one I think it would be a good exercise to come up with a quantifiable "program" that tests the various top 5 faiths using various methods, such as the way the justice system uses witnesses and juries.  If we have at our disposal, a cross section of 1300 BiblePay users, we could for example gain some insight into questions like:  Who had an NDE and saw Jesus or Muhammed, and did he save you?  Just as the prophets of Baal could not light the fire, yet Yahweh not only burned the log, but the boulders, the dirt and all the water around it too, was Muhammed able to come through as the Most High?  Could we have a distinct count of links to testimonies in Pakistan and Indonesia with testimonies where Allah healed them and a similar count where Jesus healed them?  If we had some technical indicators, this would lead one to believe that maybe they are worshiping the wrong God.  It may not be apparent to everyone, but Ill assert it here:  Worshiping the most high God of the wrong bible, is equivalent to worshiping the beast.  Another words, one is in hell and one is in heaven.  Either Allah or Yahweh is the most high, they are not the same Gods.  

Its extremely interesting Smiley.

Rob, I wanted to get back to this post.  First, I am glad to be a part of this community; thank you for your welcome.  It is my understanding that your reference to Revelations 22:18
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
 applies to the Book of Revelation.  I don't think the Catholic Bible is wrong for including the Book of Wisdom and Maccabees.  Nevertheless, I agree with your question, 'Why would Gabriel need to dictate the Quran?'  The Bible certainly seems sufficient.  Yet I do believe there is scripture that foreshadowed the coming of Islam.  

It is interesting that in Matthew 3:9 and Luke 3:8
And do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father,’ for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham.
that Abraham is sited as the root instead of Jacob.  Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to know the God of Abraham.  The imagery of stones brings to mind Palestinians hurling stones.  

Also, Islam directly claims Ishmael, the first son of Abraham.  They believe that Abraham and Ishmael built the Kaaba, the first mosque and the holiest site in Islam in Mecca.  It was said as a blessing (and prophecy) by the angel of the Lord to Hagar:
“Behold, you are pregnant and shall bear a son.  You shall call his name Ishmael, because the LORD has listened to your affliction.  He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.”
which relates well to the attitudes of Muslims in the Middle East.  Their warring attitudes are fulfilled through 'his hand against everyone and everyone's hand against him'.  So Ishmael is blessed to be fruitful with numerous descendants and a wild donkey of a man (that gives rise to a wild donkey of a people whose hand is against everyone and everyone's hand is against, living in hostility- like Muslims).  

Another interesting observation is that before Isaac was born, Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.  Before Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, Abraham makes a covenant with God for circumcision, so Ishmael, born to an Egyptian slave is circumcised and Isaac is promised.  Abraham's nephew Lot's wife is turned to a pillar of salt at the destruction of Sodom.  I believe there is significance that she was turned into salt and not dust.  We know through Jesus that we are told to be salt.  Salt of the world makes the world habitable and its existence tolerable to God.  God certainly could have woven into the lives of Hagar and Ishmael to end up in Sodom and be destroyed but He did not.  So it is evident that these people (people of Abraham) were (and possibly are) salt of the world, as Ishmael was not destroyed. So I believe that Islam, as shown through history is a different kind of salt, a salt more like salt as a last resort as seen through history.  After the Roman empire when increase in knowledge passed away from Europe to the Islam world where it was kept after the Romans and Greeks developed it, the nation of Islam kept the accumulated knowledge from this time together while the rest of Europe fell into the dark ages.  It is my belief that their devotion to the first and second commandments, There is no other god besides God and have no idols and belief in Judgement Day is what possibly keeps them as a different salt albeit not a salt that is ultimately saved.  Jesus is the way, the truth and life.  No one comes to the Father except through Him.  

Already God is rewarding the nation of Islam with higher birthrates than the rest of the world.  Abortion is illegal in Islam.  It is only a matter of demographics that the world will become increasingly Islamic.  Taken as a whole, the nation of Islam has a population equivalent equal to or greater than China and and is growing at a much, much faster birthrate and with a similar GDP.

The angels heard Hagar when Hagar ran away from Sarah the first time and blessed Ishmael with being wild, hostile and fruitful; then when Abraham asked God that Ishmael also recieve the blessing given to Isaac, it was reiterated that Abraham was heard and that Ismael's numbers will be increased and will be made into a great nation. Although, the covenant and blessing was given to Isaac.  And finally, God heard Ishmael crying after Isaac was born and Sarah sent Hagar away, after what else, but Ishmael mocking.  And then it was again reiterated that the descendants of Ishmael will be made into a great nation, and God opened Hagar's eyes to a well of water to sustain them.  

Another interesting link is the story of the downfall of Satan.  In the Quran, Iblis is Satan in the form of what they call a Jinn.  Iblis was thrown out of Paradise because he refused to bow to Adam.  "I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom you created from... clay..."  The same story is also found in earlier apocryphal works from Jews and Christians.  https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Parallelism:_Satan_and_His_Refusal_to_Prostrate
So he would not bow before Adam, made in the Image of God, and the revenge of Satan is in Revelations, getting man to worship the Dragon's creation- the Image of the Beast.  

The Quran to me reads like a spiritual battle taking place.  Some parts have some truth, then abruptly something false is introduced.  If it was Gabriel dictating the Quran to Muhammad, it is like Gabriel is dictating for a time and then shoved out of the way when Satan or a demon intercedes, but Muhammad could not tell the difference.  

Finally Surah 55 in the Quran reads like it is a prophetic response to a disciple in the future:
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. The Compassionate.  Has taught the Quran.  He created man.  And taught him clear expression.  The sun and the moon move according to plan.  And the stars and the trees prostrate themselves.  And the sky, He raised; and He set up the balance.  So do not transgress in the balance.  But maintain the weights with justice, and do not violate the balance.  And the earth; He set up for the creatures.  In it are fruits, and palms in clusters.  And grains in the blades, and fragrant plants.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  He created man from hard clay, like bricks.  And created the jinn from a fusion of fire.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Lord of the two Risings and Lord of the two Settings.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  He merged the two seas, converging together.  Between them is a barrier, which they do not overrun.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  From them emerge pearls and coral.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  His are the ships, raised above the sea like landmarks. So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Everyone upon it is perishing.  But will remain the Presence of your Lord, Full of Majesty and Splendor.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Everyone in the heavens and the earth asks Him. Every day He is managing.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  We will attend to you, O prominent two.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  O society of jinn and humans! If you can pass through the bounds of the heavens and the earth, go ahead and pass. But you will not pass except with authorization.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  You will be bombarded with flares of fire and brass, and you will not succeed.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  When the sky splits apart, and becomes rose, like paint.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  On that Day, no human and no jinn will be asked about his sins.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  The guilty will be recognized by their marks; they will be taken by the forelocks and the feet. So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny? This is Hell that the guilty denied.  They circulate between it and between a seething bath.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  But for him who feared the standing of his Lord are two gardens.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Full of varieties.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  In them are two flowing springs.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  In them are fruits of every kind, in pairs.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny? Reclining on furnishings lined with brocade, and the fruits of the two gardens are near at hand.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  In them are maidens restraining their glances, untouched before by any man or jinn.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  As though they were rubies and corals.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Is the reward of goodness anything but goodness?  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  And beneath them are two gardens.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Deep green.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  In them are two gushing springs.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  In them are fruits, and date-palms, and pomegranates.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  In them are good and beautiful ones.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Companions, secluded in the tents.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Whom no human has touched before, nor jinn.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Reclining on green cushions, and exquisite carpets.  So which of your Lord’s marvels will you deny?  Blessed be the name of your Lord, Full of Majesty and Splendor.

Their belief that God does not have a Christ, the Son of God will be denied.  And I believe it will require a disciple able to do miracles in order to get them to pay attention, not threaten to kill the disciple and start to question like in this Surah.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: