Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243110 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
orbis

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:26:00 PM

Now as far as our network status, we dont have a supermajority on 1065 yet!

According to exec versionreport, we have a botnet running 1.0.4.0 (who will be kicked off the network when we get a supermajority, but this botnet is 30% of our nodes, probably solo mining on this old version because they have tweaked it or something).

But we have a pretty big problem still...  We need to get 1.0.6.5 up to 51% of the network.... 

Please everyone upgrade...  We have to kick off 1.0.4.0 off the network in 50 more blocks, or we risk a fork.

I have a question.
What happens if there will be less than 51% of upgraded wallets?
The botnet will kick out those 1.0.4.0 before the cutover block? When the botnet kick out those nodes, it still won't be more then 51% upgraded wallets?

And offtopic Smiley
Is there some config option before compile, to speed up compilation, for example without QT, if you are running only on VPS?
For example when i try it on VM or for masternode.
Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:05:11 PM

Is there some config option before compile, to speed up compilation, for example without QT, if you are running only on VPS?
Thanks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042657.msg21878425#msg21878425

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:33:06 PM

BiblePay - v1.0.6.5 - Mandatory Upgrade

- F8000 (Proof-of-Bible-Hash) Starts at block #21350
- Sanctuaries go live at Block #21350
- Sanctuary payments go live at block #21551
- Superblocks start at block 30001
- Superblock are monthly
- Amazon integration (in wallet e-commerce) goes live at block 21350
- Proposals and Budgets go live at block 21551

can you provide clear instructions on how to upgrade?

Will someone please post a link to the mandatory upgrade downloads for linux and windows .. thanks.

For Windows:
- close BiblePay,
- go to BiblePay website: http://biblepay.org/
- in Downloads section download 32 bit or 64 bit exe,
- install on top of your current installation to update

===

For Linux:
Code:
#Stop BiblePay
cd /home/yourname/biblepay/src  
./biblepay-cli stop  

#Pull down latest Biblepay code and build it
cd /home/yourname/biblepay  
git pull origin master  
sudo make  

#Turn BiblePay back on and check version number
cd src  
./biblepayd -daemon  
./biblepay-cli getinfo

just a reminder!

Block #21350 is coming up in about 3 1/2 to 4 hours!
Block Explorer: https://biblepay-explorer.org/

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 05:52:03 PM

Now as far as our network status, we dont have a supermajority on 1065 yet!

According to exec versionreport, we have a botnet running 1.0.4.0 (who will be kicked off the network when we get a supermajority, but this botnet is 30% of our nodes, probably solo mining on this old version because they have tweaked it or something).

But we have a pretty big problem still...  We need to get 1.0.6.5 up to 51% of the network.... 

Please everyone upgrade...  We have to kick off 1.0.4.0 off the network in 50 more blocks, or we risk a fork.

I have a question.
What happens if there will be less than 51% of upgraded wallets?
The botnet will kick out those 1.0.4.0 before the cutover block? When the botnet kick out those nodes, it still won't be more then 51% upgraded wallets?

And offtopic Smiley
Thanks.

On the speedier compiling, I think the answer is "make -j4" try that to see if it uses all 4 cores.

On the fork we have a lot going for us.  One, between 1065 & 1064 we almost have a supermajority already and 1064 should have enough in it to favor f8000's hashes.  However the fork side is going to completely blow up... They are going to get banned by 1064+ within one block of the cutover.  The reason this will end well for us is I can put a checkpoint in before we ask c-cex to come back online, so those forked coins will be worthless.  So we might as well let them play as long as they want as that means more coins for the earlybird side.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:09:35 PM

I have a more step by step Sanctuary Guide that I am working on, its not complete nor thoroughly tested yet,
but I wanted to throw it out here to help anyone!, I hope to completely step through it and finalize it tonight after work

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2

Wow, that is quite extensive!  Great job!   I see you are starting to cover proposals also.

Thank you Rob!, I stayed up till 4am last night working on the 2nd guide O_O
I consider it more complete and tested now (though still might be a little confusing in some parts)
Any and all feedback is welcome!

Should I set up a donation address? or maybe submit a proposal?
(Im really curious to learn more about and try out proposals)

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:41:52 PM

bounced back at 12:26pm to ~ 60% :

So I see the pools SQL server is relatively overloaded, its got some deadlocks going on.  Ive been looking for the cause of the deadlock and I see the #1 deadlock is people trying to view the Block Distribution a lot per day.

So I made a change where we cache the block distribution report between blocks.  Lets see if this fixes the problem...

Let me know if there is an improvement...

If not Ill have to go down the list to the next deadlock.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:46:10 PM

I have a more step by step Sanctuary Guide that I am working on, its not complete nor thoroughly tested yet,
but I wanted to throw it out here to help anyone!, I hope to completely step through it and finalize it tonight after work

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2

Wow, that is quite extensive!  Great job!   I see you are starting to cover proposals also.

I consider it more complete and tested now (though still might be a little confusing in some parts)

Yes, we should start debugging Prod proposals.  Before you create one, let me ensure the proposals are deployed to prod in the pool. 

Ill be back in 30 mins or so and Ill let you know when its ready to test a prod proposal.  In the mean time you can still create a forum link for it.  You might want to see if we have a "Production" mother topic set up for proposals, if not please create that first and put yours under it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tiras

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:49:51 PM

bounced back at 12:26pm to ~ 60% :

So I see the pools SQL server is relatively overloaded, its got some deadlocks going on.  Ive been looking for the cause of the deadlock and I see the #1 deadlock is people trying to view the Block Distribution a lot per day.

So I made a change where we cache the block distribution report between blocks.  Lets see if this fixes the problem...

Let me know if there is an improvement...

If not Ill have to go down the list to the next deadlock.

I 'm not sure if it's only me affected or other people have the same issue with hps2 and payouts ?

Can someone else give a feedback   ?

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
orbis

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:01:21 PM

Thanks Tiras, this seems to be very helpful.

Has anyone attempted to create a wallet for Raspberry Pi 3 for mining? Is it refundable? I suppose that no, but no one knows Smiley
I'm considering about buying one. Of course, not for mining, but ... Wink

And bible_pay thanks for fork expplanation.
webster22

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:30:12 PM

On the fork we have a lot going for us.  One, between 1065 & 1064 we almost have a supermajority already and 1064 should have enough in it to favor f8000's hashes.  However the fork side is going to completely blow up... They are going to get banned by 1064+ within one block of the cutover.  The reason this will end well for us is I can put a checkpoint in before we ask c-cex to come back online, so those forked coins will be worthless.  So we might as well let them play as long as they want as that means more coins for the earlybird side.

Dev -

1. Can you explain this further? The coins from older clients will be worthless? Existing coins?

2. What do you mean 'more coins for the earlybird side' ?
earnatuniversally

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:33:38 PM

how to mine this coin.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:36:01 PM

Togo,
Let me make a dedicated top level thread for Prod proposals over on the forum, and let me test one real quick..... Hang on...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
oliwer21

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:42:09 PM

I'm having a strange issue on pool.biblepay.org
After upgrading the wallets my HPS2 and shares are  dropping every 20 -30 min or so .
If for example 1 miner shares are  going up to 90 - 95 then what happens next  it's dropping to ~30 .  
All smaller miners are  fluctuating in the same manner.

I wonder why it's hapenning  ?  

before upgrade it was pretty stable and my ryzen was running at ~ 90 shares all the time .
90 shares on ryzen in bbp pool? I want know this exploit Grin unless you have 30+ core epyc with 4GHz OC Shocked
tiras

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:47:19 PM

After upgrading the wallets my HPS2 and shares are  dropping every 20 -30 min or so .
If for example 1 miner shares are  going up to 90 - 95 then what happens next  it's dropping to ~30 .  

before upgrade it was pretty stable and my ryzen was running at ~ 90 shares all the time .
90 shares on ryzen in bbp pool? I want know this exploit Grin unless you have 30+ core epyc with 4GHz OC Shocked

there's no exploit.   just read through the forum and learn how to optimize it in linux

togoshigekata

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:49:23 PM

Has anyone attempted to create a wallet for Raspberry Pi 3 for mining? Is it refundable? I suppose that no, but no one knows Smiley
I'm considering about buying one. Of course, not for mining, but ... Wink

I believe python_man got the Raspberry Pi to work:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7iuyst/raspberry_pi_and_biblepay/
Please message him and help get a guide going!

===

how to mine this coin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

webster22

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:49:49 PM

there's no exploit.   just read through the forum and learn how to optimize it in linux

Special new trick other than setgenerate true (num threads) ?
Lot of threads to read through. Wink
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:49:56 PM

Togo,
Let me make a dedicated top level thread for Prod proposals over on the forum, and let me test one real quick..... Hang on...

Togo, I created a top level thread here for our proposals:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=44.0

... and deployed Proposals to Prod...  Go ahead and unleash your proposal.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:54:48 PM

Dev -

1. Can you explain this further? The coins from older clients will be worthless? Existing coins?

2. What do you mean 'more coins for the earlybird side' ?

No, all coins are still safe, what I mean is after block 21350, if someone decides to deliberately Not upgrade and mine on a fork, the newly generated coins, only the new coins on their branch will become worthless.

What I mean on the earlybird comment is:  If we truly do have a botnet out there of 300 machines (IE 30% of our network hash power) running a tweaked  version of 1.0.4.0 - modified in their own hombrew fashion for  speed, if they do not upgrade within the next 17 blocks, whats going to happen is all their hashpower is going to go toward their own electric bill - and that means it will be 30% EASIER for Us to mine coins on the Legitimate branch.  So another words, if they are really resisting the upgrade, that is more coins for us on our Legit - earlybird side.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
webster22

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:08:21 PM

Togo,

Togo, I created a top level thread here for our proposals:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=44.0

... and deployed Proposals to Prod...  Go ahead and unleash your proposal.

Dev -

Can you explain how you expect this to work?
I propose my amount and then pitch it? Or develop some of it first, and then propose?

What do you suggest best chance for winning proposals?
How will it be approved? How soon (if it does)
Stuff like that
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:15:37 PM

Can you explain how you expect this to work?
I propose my amount and then pitch it? Or develop some of it first, and then propose?

What do you suggest best chance for winning proposals?
How will it be approved? How soon (if it does)
Stuff like that

I propose that someone creates a wiki article for this- someone other than Togo who is overloaded, and znffal who is writing all the PDF guides, someone else who wants to help out and understands proposals and budgets.

Ill post the Proposal independent audit report.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: