Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:25:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
aikida3k

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:12:52 AM

US GDP is 18.6 Trillion.  What did Europe do the last time the US went into recession?  That's right, Europe went into recession, too.  Asia (China, South Korea, Japan) all export to the US and count the US among its largest trading partners.  They should go into recession too. China still does not have enough internal demand from consumption.  The US is still the big kid on the block.  

Small truck sales are still a valid indicator of the health of the economy in the US.  Who buys the small trucks?  Small business owners.
 It's an indicator of the health of small businesses.  I've said my piece what I think BTC will do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dimao

Activity: 1162
Merit: 389

Keep Network

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:21:26 AM

I think Bitcoin might actually go up in a recession.

The real economy is mostly made up of small business, mom and pop type places, the same kind of people that hold and invest in bitcoin.  It isn't widely held by institutions.  Bitcoin futures probably helped with that, so now if institutions want to place a position they go to the futures and not bitcoin itself.  

My experience with the capital needs of a small business during a recession back in 2008ish, I was buying Pilgrim's Pride in bankruptcy and waiting for it to turn around.  But lo and behold, before I could wait for Pilgrims to completely turn around I had to sell my position to pay for working capital in the small business.  I think that and fear will lead people to sell.  If it's down in good economic times, what is your thesis for how it does well during a recession?  The only difference would be if the dollar tanked by a large amount.  Say the /DX went from 90 to sub 70 and there was a panic on the dollar.  

You are thinking as there is only one economy in the world, the USA. That's not a valid assumption any more. Also real economies stopped being supported by mom and pop businesses about 10-15 years ago, at least in the industrialized world I live in. Now we are in the league of multinationals, and every day that passes by means another bunch of small businesses closed for retirement or out of businesses reasons.

What's BTC gonna do on a recession: no one knows, as there is not a valid track record yet. Bulls will say it's going to behave as a store of value (gold 2.0), others as a depressed asset...  Who knows, nobody does.
Do not be happy that bitcoin is banned by some countries because of this many are afraid to invest in it. Sad

capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:22:29 AM

when we plan to unblock exchanges?
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:46:43 AM

Rob on forum:

"I havent encountered any new showstoppers so I think we can announce the mandatory tomorrow and possibly re-enable the exchanges."
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:24:34 AM

Do not be happy that bitcoin is banned by some countries because of this many are afraid to invest in it. Sad

I didn't mention that at any moment,

In fact I believe that if they haven't moved a finger when it was $20000, they will never do. Why? The "it's only a kids experiment" sounds too weak an argument to me at this stage. It's too hard to believe that our beloved politicians are not acting because they don't see BTC as a threat.

We are pretty much on uncharted territory.
ride22

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:44:59 PM

Can someone tell me what in the world is going on with this coin?  I stepped away for a week, and I have no clue what in the world happened.  I saw there was a wallet update, so I updated, and now it can't find a block source. 

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:09:15 PM

Hi everybody,

as most of you already learned, the new Setup for Biblepay mining is not simple. It might be one of the most complex of all crypto coins out there.

But a good documentation can always make it easier. To help here, I used the last days to work an a easier and more straight forward Mining How-To for Biblepay.

And here is the first Alpha: The Biblepay Central Mining How-To
https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/

It is not finished, but maybe already useful for some users. As I'm not a native speaker in English, it will contain some errors. Help is always welcome Smiley

The rest of the website is under construction, I will post more about that later Wink

I just wanted you to know that I value the things you do for this community immensely, and you should definitely add a proposal for the time you've spent making this website. It's great!

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
segotiwul

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:11:54 PM

1. Approval from ICO will be run in the community because of the interesting program from Ontario Security Commissions. If we will be approved by OSC, we will be the 2nd ICO that will receive a great CANADIAN Investors Cool.

2. if we will hold a conference meeting in March in Toronto Canada then many investors join our products on Smartphone. Join here for cool t.me/mobilinkcointechnical details for better community change. the changes that will occur have been awaited by many communities.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:13:01 PM

Can someone tell me what in the world is going on with this coin?  I stepped away for a week, and I have no clue what in the world happened.  I saw there was a wallet update, so I updated, and now it can't find a block source. 

Proof of Distributed Computing - which was in the works for several months - has been implemented. For a quick overview to start/continue mining, please see this guide:

More information can be found here:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_Start_Guide
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:46:21 PM

I think Bitcoin might go up when the USD (the petrodollar portion) starts to weaken - specifically, all the black ops - the deep state budget hits and prints more while Russia & China trade oil on the new petroyuan exchange.

Global fiat is an inflationary currency, heading towards hyperinflation for certain currencies while bitcoin and biblepay are deflationary relative to the global economy. 

We require an internet, faith by users, and faith that government regulation will not intervene.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:57:01 PM

As far as the final mandatory upgrade exchange release candidate, its on its way towards the end of the day.

Since stake-per-rac might win, tonights exchange release candidate contains a rule in it to handle stake-per-rac or stake-per-mag, therefore we require a system wide mandatory upgrade tonight.

Lets go through the entire day and make sure our superblock works without a flaw, and our headlass password feature works, then release tonight.

We can notify exchanges to upgrade either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:08:13 PM

Hi everybody,

as most of you already learned, the new Setup for Biblepay mining is not simple. It might be one of the most complex of all crypto coins out there.

But a good documentation can always make it easier. To help here, I used the last days to work an a easier and more straight forward Mining How-To for Biblepay.

It is not finished, but maybe already useful for some users. As I'm not a native speaker in English, it will contain some errors. Help is always welcome Smiley

The rest of the website is under construction, I will post more about that later Wink

Oh wow, this is unbelievably nice!  This is far more than a guide, this is an entire domain.

We should eventually work together to integrate data. 

You could add a page containing the proposals list with links to all the proposals being voted on, and possibly back-fill anything we missed - features that dash central has.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:51:33 PM

First: Thx everybody for the super nice feedback for the Mining How To Smiley

Oh wow, this is unbelievably nice!  This is far more than a guide, this is an entire domain.
You could add a page containing the proposals list with links to all the proposals being voted on, and possibly back-fill anything we missed - features that dash central has.

Hi Rob Smiley

Yes, these are the features I have in mind. And yes, the dash sites are my model here. I think a good overview of all information is something usefull for biblepay Smiley

I will take some days until a first good version is done, but I'm working on it. I hope it will be a good complement to the website.

For the proposals, I would take them from the chain, or better from your pool if there is an API for that, as your pool has more information available (like type of proposal: IT, Charity...)

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
rascolians

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:46:02 PM

The real economy is mostly made up of small business, mom and pop type places, the same kind of people that hold and invest in bitcoin.  It isn't widely held by institutions.  Bitcoin futures probably helped with that, so now if institutions want to place a position they go to the futures and not bitcoin itself.  

My experience with the capital needs of a small business during a recession back in 2008ish, I was buying Pilgrim's Pride in bankruptcy and waiting for it to turn around.  But lo and behold, before I could wait for Pilgrims to completely turn around I had to sell my position to pay for working capital in the small business.  I think that and fear will lead people to sell.  If it's down in good economic times, what is your thesis for how it does well during a recession?  The only difference would be if the dollar tanked by a large amount.  Say the /DX went from 90 to sub 70 and there was a panic on the dollar.  

You are thinking as there is only one economy in the world, the USA. That's not a valid assumption any more. Also real economies stopped being supported by mom and pop businesses about 10-15 years ago, at least in the industrialized world I live in. Now we are in the league of multinationals, and every day that passes by means another bunch of small businesses closed for retirement or out of businesses reasons.

What's BTC gonna do on a recession: no one knows, as there is not a valid track record yet. Bulls will say it's going to behave as a store of value (gold 2.0), others as a depressed asset...  Who knows, nobody does.

You're wrong fella. 95% of economic activity in the UK comes from small business - I'm sure that it is the same in the US and elsewhere, self employed small business owners. Take a look around next time you go out and see how many there are, and, how many vans you see on the motorways etc, small businesses outweigh the blue chips massively.  The multinational just try to control you..it's the small businesses that keep countries afloat.
Bitconee

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Wait so if the current pool settings go through

-Stake per RAC
-20 000 BBP per RAC

I have about a 1 000 RAC which is not really much..

It means I need 1 000 * 20000 = 20 000 000 BBP to even mine with my one pc??

I am sure this is not correct. What am I missing?
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:41:40 PM

-Stake per RAC
-20 000 BBP per RAC

The current leading vote is:  

20 BBP Per RAC Required for 100% UTXO

so in your example of having 1000 RAC, it would be 1000 RAC * 20 BBP = 20 000 BBP required for staking

===

Where is this staking poll/vote?
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=127.0

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:42:28 PM

-Stake per RAC
-20 000 BBP per RAC

No, just 20 BBP per RAC, on the RAC side of the vote, so just 20,000 total UTXO required to keep yourself at 100%.

This is primarily a feature to ensure someone who has the means to secretly take over a lot of machines will have to pay a large UTXO stake every day to maintain that high stolen magnitude, and that keeps the pie open for the small users which makes me happy personally as we should have a Non Greedy Mentality here.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:44:18 PM

First: Thx everybody for the super nice feedback for the Mining How To Smiley

Hi Rob Smiley

Yes, these are the features I have in mind. And yes, the dash sites are my model here. I think a good overview of all information is something usefull for biblepay Smiley

I will take some days until a first good version is done, but I'm working on it. I hope it will be a good complement to the website.

For the proposals, I would take them from the chain, or better from your pool if there is an API for that, as your pool has more information available (like type of proposal: IT, Charity...)

Sounds great!  Yes, I will open up an API for this gladly, as I have started to open an API for Alex so he could query our active orphan count.  We can add on to that as soon as possible for proposals.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Bitconee

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:07:44 PM

No, just 20 BBP per RAC, on the RAC side of the vote, so just 20,000 total UTXO required to keep yourself at 100%.

This is primarily a feature to ensure someone who has the means to secretly take over a lot of machines will have to pay a large UTXO stake every day to maintain that high stolen magnitude, and that keeps the pie open for the small users which makes me happy personally as we should have a Non Greedy Mentality here.

It makes a lot more sense now. I like that system more. Thanks.
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:22:27 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 08:25:09 PM by aikida3k

New Marketing Poll:  Will you go in your church and tell them about Biblepay?

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=132.0

Explain why or why not in the comments on the other forum.

I have what I think is a good idea to spread awareness of biblepay in people who are not necessarily in cryptos.  I would like to combine the ideas of a paper wallet generator with the idea of a faucet.  What I would like, is to modify the paper wallet generator to be able to instantiate a number of biblepay private keys, say 1,000 private keys at a time and deposit 5 bbp in each private key.  It would be output in a file that would have each private key on a separate sheet of paper, so a file that is 1,000 pages in length.  Then I could go to a print shop and print out the addresses and hand them out to people after church.  

I would go to churches in the Dallas, Tyler and Longview areas and hand out free biblepay to get people interested in it if Stake based on RAC gets voted in.  I would have the confidence in telling people that they should be interested in it.  

I think printing out 1,000 or more addresses with 5 bbp deposited at a time wouldn't tempt distributors to be fraudulent in that it would be a really inefficient use of time to enter in 1,000 addresses to gain the amount of biblepay that one pre-PODC block had.  And if people don't use their private keys then those biblepay are as good as burned, which helps the coin anyway.

We would also need to include instructions on how to import private keys into wallets, and instructions how to find us online- say homepage, reddit and ANN.

That is why I would like to get peoples' feedback on the marketing poll:

New Marketing Poll:  Will you go in your church and tell them about Biblepay?

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=132.0

Explain why or why not in the comments on the other forum.

I would like to gauge how confident other people would be in doing this also in their areas.  I think it could really help to spread awareness of biblepay.  Thanks!

EDIT: I'm more willing to do this during times of lower prices.  Not so much with BTC or BBP going straight up.  
         I also need someone, Rob? to modify the paper wallet generator for me as I have neither the time or know-how to make it work.

We should make it clear it is a community based coin where people can come and freely share about their belief.  And we should also make it clear about what we do to benefit the orphans.  It would be nice if more people would share about their belief instead of just mining problems.  Either here or on Reddit.
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: