Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:43:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:42:49 PM

bible_pay WCG twice dumped our RAC points?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:05:22 PM

Because only one distinct CPID with payments and magnitude can actually solve a block, therefore rewarding one miner a disproportionate share would be unfair for everyone else.  If anyone could always solve a block it would be fair to let the floodgates swing wide open, but think about what is happening in this scenario:

User 1 has 100 machines - And pulls 90% of the block reward
User 2-11 have 1 machine each - and pull 1% of block reward each

Now in reality over 100 blocks, user 1 is only allowed to solve up to 13 of those blocks Max (because of the distinction rules), so he pulled in 9% of the reward yet we paid him 90%?  LOL, not a good idea....

Hi Rob,

could you explain this part in more detail? I'm not sure if I understand it fully.
This part confuses me: "User 1 is only allowed to solve up to 13 of those blocks Max (because of the distinction rules)"
What would stop the user from solving more blocks (if he have a valid CPID with a magnitude)? Or is this a special rule of the main pool?

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:09:20 PM

But it would be a lot nicer for us if we had it honor Togos tweets, and Light and I just work on putting the "widget" on the web sites Smiley.

Sounds like a good Idea. We need one good please for news Smiley
Is there an existing embedding code for that?

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:11:45 PM

Well, this is mainly because of you and I'm also sorry it has become this way. I think everyone here wants the project to succeed but the way your treating people is not how Jesus taught us to be. Some have spoken up and some have kept silent but everyone who has been following this forum knows how it is.

I just want to react to this bit, because it's also concerning me. I spoke up a few times when Rob reacted in a way that didn't accord with how I communicate with people myself, and I will continue to do that in the future if I feel that people seem oblivious as to why they get the reaction they get from Rob (getting called a fudder, and/or having their posts deleted).

I even had the idea to post a 'Rob guidelines' sticky on reddit. To show people how to post on bitcointalk in a way that wouldn't get their posts deleted. I think the biggest problem here is the diffused state of information. If you follow this forum closely, you know exactly what you can expect, but for newcomers it can be quite the challenge sometimes.

I see this project - and most of my life - mostly as a mirror through which reflection I have an opportunity to uncover more of myself. And I see Rob primarily as a fellow human in this endeavor. He has his blind spots just like the rest of us. And this might be reflection on my part, but that's just the way I see it. And if it's a blind spot, then please enlighten me Wink

I guess I just wanted to say that although Rob might come of harsh sometimes, I respect him. I've come to like him for who he is.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:40:08 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 02:50:54 PM by bible_pay

Bhavani, Developer #4 (We have 4 devs total working on projects) has completed his first mission and I gave him his first task, he is going to look into creating a Wysiwig editor in biblepay-qt to allow a user to write an orphan a letter.  We are taking this in baby steps, his first step is to allow a letter to be written and make it formattable (IE bold, fonts, centering) and then later we are going to take a look at making a letter list in grid format in the wallet.  If this works out Ill work with him on storing letters in-chain.  (Were also evaluating the ability to upvote and downvote the letter by CPID signature).

I'm shooting for knowing when a CPID creates a letter, and letter approval metrics by CPID.  Then in the future we may be able to add LetterWeight for part of POW mining and/or part of cancer mining (thats up in the air).  The primary goal being that each CPID writes one nice
 (upvoted) letter per 60 day period to an orphan to maintain 100% letterweight - or maybe letterweight is affected by upvote %. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:46:28 PM

But it would be a lot nicer for us if we had it honor Togos tweets, and Light and I just work on putting the "widget" on the web sites Smiley.

Yes, but I think we have to be careful, as with some conservatives being silenced on twitter etc I think we have to ensure Togo likes the idea and embraces it and the correct platform, so lets ask Togo first then we can get together and solve the IT issue.

Togo, could you tell us what your platform of choice would be for high level biblepay news bulletins, is it twitter?  And would you embrace pushing a tweet whenever a major headline occurs?  If so Light and I will work on integrating a feed into the two pools?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
noxpost

Activity: 235

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Bhavani, Developer #4 (We have 4 devs total working on projects) has completed his first mission and I gave him his first task, he is going to look into creating a Wysiwig editor in biblepay-qt to allow a user to write an orphan a letter.  We are taking this in baby steps, his first step is to allow a letter to be written and make it formattable (IE bold, fonts, centering) and then later we are going to take a look at making a letter list in grid format in the wallet.  If this works out Ill work with him on storing letters in-chain.  (Were also evaluating the ability to upvote and downvote the letter by CPID signature).

Just a quick question on the letters themselves - it appears (although I could be totally wrong) that the letter voting in the main pool is being largely ignored. I've seen what looks like a small batch of letters all get upvoted to the threshold at the same time (no idea if that's legit, or bad actors, or what - not making any judgment calls there), but apart from those, a good chunk are still setting at fewer than half of the votes required for funding/sending (and that's counting both upvotes + downvotes). Any thoughts on how we might better drive people to action there? As someone who sponsors a child through Compassion outside of BiblePay as well, I can say that the letters are SUPER important to them, and I'd love to see this gain some better momentum.
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:49:54 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 03:00:29 PM by thesnat21

I just want to react to this bit, because it's also concerning me. I spoke up a few times when Rob reacted in a way that didn't accord with how I communicate with people myself, and I will continue to do that in the future if I feel that people seem oblivious as to why they get the reaction they get from Rob (getting called a fudder, and/or having their posts deleted).

I even had the idea to post a 'Rob guidelines' sticky on reddit. To show people how to post on bitcointalk in a way that wouldn't get their posts deleted. I think the biggest problem here is the diffused state of information. If you follow this forum closely, you know exactly what you can expect, but for newcomers it can be quite the challenge sometimes.

I see this project - and most of my life - mostly as a mirror through which reflection I have an opportunity to uncover more of myself. And I see Rob primarily as a fellow human in this endeavor. He has his blind spots just like the rest of us. And this might be reflection on my part, but that's just the way I see it. And if it's a blind spot, then please enlighten me Wink

I guess I just wanted to say that although Rob might come of harsh sometimes, I respect him. I've come to like him for who he is.

I spoke with rob in PM bout this, but overall here is how I see it. (not singling anyone out here).
Overall I do respect him and others here, and appreciate his contribution and vision for this project.

Harshness begets harshness...

I've not been the best example at this, and I know we are all only sinners at the end of the day.

With that said, people in a position of authority,  be it leadership for the project, or church, they have a moral obligation to be "better" than the average folk..    Return harshness with compassion,  Slander with kindness ...  
We want to win people over not push them away.

People can and will get upset. The enemy seeks to devour and corrupt anything that is good.   We need to be the light in the darkness,  our response will help determine the outcome.

Simply put:
Lets try to keep this thread something we would be willing for the orphans to read.

How is that for rules? haha

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 03:00:04 PM

Because only one distinct CPID with payments and magnitude can actually solve a block, therefore rewarding one miner a disproportionate share would be unfair for everyone else.  If anyone could always solve a block it would be fair to let the floodgates swing wide open, but think about what is happening in this scenario:

User 1 has 100 machines - And pulls 90% of the block reward
User 2-11 have 1 machine each - and pull 1% of block reward each

Now in reality over 100 blocks, user 1 is only allowed to solve up to 13 of those blocks Max (because of the distinction rules), so he pulled in 9% of the reward yet we paid him 90%?  LOL, not a good idea....

Hi Rob,

could you explain this part in more detail? I'm not sure if I understand it fully.
This part confuses me: "User 1 is only allowed to solve up to 13 of those blocks Max (because of the distinction rules)"
What would stop the user from solving more blocks (if he have a valid CPID with a magnitude)? Or is this a special rule of the main pool?

Sure!

So since we require a User (who has multiple machines) to have One cpid who has been Paid in a prior superblock, that means one pool user who has 100 mining machines has copied wallet.dat 100 times, and all wallets share one cpid.

However as mining round starts, the only cpid who can actually solve the block is one who has not solved a block in the last 5 blocks, who has a signed cpid, who has been paid in a superblock (with magnitude existing), so that means your power user is in effect stealing hash power from all the small dogs, if you let him (IE if you award him shares for everything he does) while he is really using a copied CPID over 100 machines.

Please see this function : HasThisCPIDSolvedPriorBlocks

That is the main contention point - if big dog A had solved any of the prior 5 then his hash contribution for the next 4 blocks is really worthless to the group, so hes then "taking" from the little dogs for a while.

So yeah lets talk about this in the PM and figure out how we can modify our service to reward each share based on an RPC check grounded in current conditions etc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:06:03 PM

I spoke with rob in PM bout this, but overall here is how I see it. (not singling anyone out here).
Overall I do respect him and others here, and appreciate his contribution and vision for this project.

Harshness begets harshness...

I've not been the best example at this, and I know we are all only sinners at the end of the day.

With that said, people in a position of authority,  be it leadership for the project, or church, they have a moral obligation to be "better" than the average folk..    Return harshness with compassion,  Slander with kindness ...  
We want to win people over not push them away.

People can and will get upset. The enemy seeks to devour and corrupt anything that is good.   We need to be the light in the darkness,  our response will help determine the outcome.

Simply put:
Lets try to keep this thread something we would be willing for the orphans to read.

How is that for rules? haha

I think this is an excellent view, and I really like your 'rule'. I'm going to implement it for myself Grin

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

bible_pay WCG twice dumped our RAC points?

It isn't counted as a sum, but a user said it changed twice in one day...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:39:15 PM

Yes, but I think we have to be careful, as with some conservatives being silenced on twitter etc I think we have to ensure Togo likes the idea and embraces it and the correct platform, so lets ask Togo first then we can get together and solve the IT issue.

Togo, could you tell us what your platform of choice would be for high level biblepay news bulletins, is it twitter?  And would you embrace pushing a tweet whenever a major headline occurs?  If so Light and I will work on integrating a feed into the two pools?

Hehe, I typically post anything major on Twitter and Reddit
(there are definitely web widgets for Twitter and probably some for Reddit too)
and every Twitter tweet and Reddit post also gets sent as a message in Discord with use of Discord Bots

I didnt do an announcment per se about the UTXO Staking, but it was talked about on Reddit a few times, and talked about in this bitcointalk thread and in the biblepay forum a lot:

24 days ago by Luke
Please vote in proposed changes to Utxo stake amount
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/83a7sj/please_vote_in_proposed_changes_to_utxo_stake/

21 days ago by aikida3k
Vote on Staking based on Magnitude versus Staking based on Recent Average Credit
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/83z2zz/vote_on_staking_based_on_magnitude_versus_staking/

Its up to each person how involved they want to be, if you are involved you should at least be checking the BiblePay Forum every week
http://forum.biblepay.org/

And probably follow the project on Twitter and Reddit, or just join the Discord!
https://twitter.com/BiblePay
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/
https://discordapp.com/invite/yWgbKdM

Typically I post about mandatory upgrades (sometimes leisure upgrades but not always)

I was bad this month and didnt make a post about the monthly budget proposals,
and Im waiting to hear when CameroonONE uses their donation money
the only other news worthy thing as of late is probably World Community Grid as a backup project, but Im not sure if that is live yet?

MIP has the mobile wallet in development that is cool, his proposal has a TON of yes votes

Anyways digressing, the only other thing I could think of doing communication wise is collecting email addresses and doing a weekly newsletter.

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:44:47 PM

Since the UTXOWeight is set automatically, should I remove the uxtoamount=51000 in the biblepay.conf file?
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

zthomasz with 1117 version yes

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 03:55:55 PM

Since the UTXOWeight is set automatically, should I remove the uxtoamount=51000 in the biblepay.conf file?

Yes, try removing it, and just see if your 'exec utxoreport cpid' looks OK in about 8 hours Smiley.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
dave_bbp

Activity: 405

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:03:50 PM

Hi Dave,

Oh OK now Im starting to understand the problem a little deeper.  First of all since you have the utxooverride set in the primary controller wallet I think those are going out.  Just type 'exec utxoreport cpid' and you will see the pattern.  I dont believe there is a problem with gyrating amounts (as 2,000 people are using it now) I believe the gyrating amounts are being sent at intervals between your controller, your other wallets...  The utxoreport will reveal that.

As far as running the latest, yes - if your miners are not running the latest they should technically be OK- but are probably trying to send podc updates using the old default of 50,000.  So best advice there is to set 'utxoamount=-1' on the OLD mining wallets pre 1.1.1.6, or 'utxooverride=-1' on the new mining wallet (actualy just put both in the file), that should prevent it from being sent.  Notice - you cant use '=0' because zero means it will try to send 50K.....

Once you interpret the utxoreport then lets go from there - it should reveal that your mining wallets are sending in a small stake, preventing you from being paid.  Your Pool row is probably @ utxo below 5% meaning it drops to zero.

Hi Rob, thanks for the explanation; these commands were the ones I was looking for; I already assumed I could somehow prevent the other wallets from sending the updates.
I updated all wallets, put the lines into config and restarted those. I also removed the "utxooverride" line from my main controller wallet (windows, 1.1.1.7), restarted this and then wanted to freshly "podcupdate". Unfortunately now there is another strange problem:
exec podcupdate true gives me the following:
Code:
"Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Unable to create PODC UTXO::Balance (0.00) less than target UTXO (785509.00)."
exec statebalance says "0".  Huh
getbalance however gives the correct amount (500k).

Is there some method to "reset" the whole thing?
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 04:04:50 PM

Question on legacy/Heat mining...

What is the daily bbp allocation to heat miners?   I'm curious since i have been getting very little from the pools lately.
orbis

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:08:02 PM

Question on legacy/Heat mining...

What is the daily bbp allocation to heat miners?   I'm curious since i have been getting very little from the pools lately.

it is approx. 550BBP/block... 205 blocks/day = approx. 112750 BBP/day
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 04:17:37 PM

Hehe, I typically post anything major on Twitter and Reddit
(there are definitely web widgets for Twitter and probably some for Reddit too)
and every Twitter tweet and Reddit post also gets sent as a message in Discord with use of Discord Bots

I didnt do an announcment per se about the UTXO Staking, but it was talked about on Reddit a few times, and talked about in this bitcointalk thread and in the biblepay forum a lot:

24 days ago by Luke
Please vote in proposed changes to Utxo stake amount
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/83a7sj/please_vote_in_proposed_changes_to_utxo_stake/

21 days ago by aikida3k
Vote on Staking based on Magnitude versus Staking based on Recent Average Credit
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/83z2zz/vote_on_staking_based_on_magnitude_versus_staking/

Its up to each person how involved they want to be, if you are involved you should at least be checking the BiblePay Forum every week
http://forum.biblepay.org/

And probably follow the project on Twitter and Reddit, or just join the Discord!
https://twitter.com/BiblePay
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/
https://discordapp.com/invite/yWgbKdM

Typically I post about mandatory upgrades (sometimes leisure upgrades but not always)

I was bad this month and didnt make a post about the monthly budget proposals,
and Im waiting to hear when CameroonONE uses their donation money
the only other news worthy thing as of late is probably World Community Grid as a backup project, but Im not sure if that is live yet?

MIP has the mobile wallet in development that is cool, his proposal has a TON of yes votes

Anyways digressing, the only other thing I could think of doing communication wise is collecting email addresses and doing a weekly newsletter.

Thanks!

Sounds like Twitter might work for us then....

Light, I used this one:

https://publish.twitter.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fbiblepay&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdev.twitter.com%2Fweb%2Fembedded-timelines#

I just added it to the pool, testing it now...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:17:46 PM

Thanks Slovakia & Rob ... on a (maybe) related issue, pool.biblepay shows me with 0 (zero) for: TaskWeight UTXOWeight UTXOAmount

while exec getboincinfo shows: _TaskWeight": 100 _UTXOWeight": 164224,

Should they be the same?  I just removed uxtoamount=51000 from the biblepay.conf file.

Thanks in advance gentlemen.
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: