Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 02:21:18 PM

NOMP Pool down?

I just got in, Ill check.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 03:08:17 PM

NOMP Pool down?

I just got in, Ill check.

OK nomp is back up. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 03:37:05 PM

NOMP Pool down?

if nomp.biblepay.org is down, we have two other pools currently:

pool located in France - stratum+tcp://5.135.183.202:3032
pool located in Canada - stratum+tcp://leopool.biblepay.org:3032

port 3032 is vardiff with lowest difficulty of 4 I believe. Best results if you can provide 100 kh/s or better.

Very nice, on LeoPool, sweet.

Sun if this is your France domain, please PM or email me if you want a DNS record - for example - sun.biblepay.org, etc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 05:02:15 PM

Sun if this is your France domain, please PM or email me if you want a DNS record - for example - sun.biblepay.org, etc.

Thanks for the offer. I have whitewalr.us so I can make a subdomain off that, but I'm still testing and tweaking. The basics of finding blocks and payout is working well. I think I need to reset stratum work restart like you both to every 5 seconds (?) to get the invalid shares down. I set mine to 4 diff minimum, but that's doesn't mitigate invalid shares. stratum requested work restart seems to be the best tweak to prevent this. I'll have to look into making this change and securing the server a bit more.

So I am brainstorming a little, trying to come up with some ideas that help address our two biggest problems:  1) Needing a boost in price - and this boils down to making biblepay attractive for Whales to invest in, and 2) needing a boost in new users - IE one new user per day.

For 1) the idea doesn't seem that different from PoG except you lock up the funds for a longer period? I'm okay with PoG because you only send a tithe to the Orphan Foundation and then get a Smart Contract Reward daily. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable sending my funds to an address I don't own. Couldn't I send the funds to myself but lock it up using a smart contract? Then when the maturity date arrives, I get paid interest along with the original funds?  

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki CheckLockTimeVerify
https://medium.com/@thomasmccabe/hodling-bitcoins-with-op-checklocktimeverify-a-step-by-step-guide-to-manually-building-a-bitcoin-ce9476725de8

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 05:47:06 PM

So I am brainstorming a little, trying to come up with some ideas that help address our two biggest problems:  1) Needing a boost in price - and this boils down to making biblepay attractive for Whales to invest in, and 2) needing a boost in new users - IE one new user per day.

Here is what I have so far - not sure about these yet, as I have a new mantra as a child of God:  Pray about them.  Ask Jesus if these are "approved" or not.

For now, the first idea - making BBP an attractive investment for whales:  Dynamic Whale Staking?
What if we...

dynamic whale staking sounds awesome Smiley ive noticed theres some pretty big whales in biblepay by wallet size, some wallets with 10's of millions of coins
actually i found it seems like that one big wallet i saw was still mining too. pretty sweet haha. lots of community support
maybe a new exchange would help? maybe onboard some new trader whales? you guys have prob tried, but you should put in at the big places and just see what they say maybe
seems to me like biblepay has been around long enough to warrant a listing on trex or polo or something imo

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 07:12:17 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 07:23:58 PM by sunk818

I transcribed the letters.

Kairos Nov 2019 Update – Letters from the children!
https://whitewalr.us/2019/kairos-nov-2019-children-letters.html

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 09:46:37 PM

Here is what I have so far - not sure about these yet, as I have a new mantra as a child of God:  Pray about them.  Ask Jesus if these are "approved" or not.

For now, the first idea - making BBP an attractive investment for whales:  Dynamic Whale Staking?
What if we...

dynamic whale staking sounds awesome Smiley ive noticed theres some pretty big whales in biblepay by wallet size, some wallets with 10's of millions of coins
actually i found it seems like that one big wallet i saw was still mining too. pretty sweet haha. lots of community support
maybe a new exchange would help? maybe onboard some new trader whales? you guys have prob tried, but you should put in at the big places and just see what they say maybe
seems to me like biblepay has been around long enough to warrant a listing on trex or polo or something imo

Yeah, I think eventually one of these top 20 exchanges will help us.  Togo has reached out to the top 100 exchanges, and so far, we have only found 3 that are interested.  Coinsbit is EU only and Crex is EU only.  So we havent been able to justify their fee yet - although we told them we are open to negotiate a lower fee for not have ability to trade in the US.

We do have interest from Graviex and Stex.  Graviex looks like they might step up and help us- so we are going to discuss this month.  Stex is being pretty nice, but the owner doesnt want to list a btc pair for us (only eth).  Im still going to reach out to him again and see if we might have a middle ground.

Other than that, weve tapped the whole 100 and got nothing but insane offers; I think binance wants 100 btc, etc.

Thanks, the dynamic whale staking might be nice in that we maintain our entire infrastructure and make an easier to use version of 'whale staking' that doesnt require the wallet to be on.  Something that a Christian 401k might say: dump the excess 5k in bbp for a year and see what happens, if their staking generates 100% more coins for us, etc.

Ill make a proposal page out of it and get more feedback.  So far, I havent heard any resistance from the Holy Spirit, except - that we must strictly classify this feature as STAKING.  It cannot be confused with any non-staking feature, like for instance a coin offering interest on a balance, or a CD or anything like that.  It would be Coins earned on coins burnt for a duration of time, and classified as Dynamic Whale Staking.  Although let me clarify, the reward would be for any size stake (1000 bbp, or 1,000,000 bbp).  I will try to clarify that in the proposal.

Also:  I will be sure to include a plan to not veer from our total emission model.  This I think can be done by integrating a whale staking model in where the coin-emission deflation has a sharper curve at the end (like a black hole). So the end result is the same, but with staking for N years embedded in.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 02:45:33 AM

Post from Sieb Sie from Telegram:

"Hello brothers. What happened to pool.biblepay.org through the wallet? Just now that i convinced the pastor of my church to publicize the project. If so i have to instruct how use the external miner in Windows which os already more difficult because i don't have specific documentation. Besides, our language os another, but this os easier. Can someone help me?"

BiblePay Telegram: https://t.me/biblepay_airdrop

Is something different with the regular pool?

inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 08:23:45 AM

Coinsbit is EU only and Crex is EU only.  So we havent been able to justify their fee yet - although we told them we are open to negotiate a lower fee for not have ability to trade in the US.

Crex has relatively low volume ($1 million) and it's mostly from unknown coins. Coinsbit seems huge ($400 million, #38), I just created an account from a US VPN and depositing and trading works, but for withdrawal, somebody needs to test uploading a US document for verification, to double check if it's allowed or not.

And I was surprised, BBP is already listed on their fees page:
https://coinsbit.io/fee-schedule

Also we're on the deposit page, but the buttons are greyed out:

0.5 BTC is too good of a deal not to try and check if it can be used from the USA.

We do have interest from Graviex and Stex. Stex is being pretty nice, but the owner doesnt want to list a btc pair for us (only eth). Im still going to reach out to him again and see if we might have a middle ground.

Stex will require KYC verification for all accounts starting on January 1st 2020:

Meaning we need to also double check if they accept US documents.
togoshigekata

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 02:46:21 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2019, 03:08:14 PM by togoshigekata

Coinsbit is EU only and Crex is EU only.  So we havent been able to justify their fee yet - although we told them we are open to negotiate a lower fee for not have ability to trade in the US.

Coinsbit seems huge ($400 million, #38), I just created an account from a US VPN and depositing and trading works, but for withdrawal, somebody needs to test uploading a US document for verification, to double check if it's allowed or not.

I tried the KYC process with Coinsbit about 3 weeks ago and it took 1 week to hear back

I got an email back that my Coinsbit account was not approved

Title: Customer Doc Disapproved

No documents accepted. Please try again.

Reason: "Dear customer, good day! Your verification application was disapproved. We do not accept USA documents. Thank you for understanding."

I asked in their Telegram, "Does Coinsbit not allow users from the USA?"
Eugene from Coinsbit Support Team said "No, it's not allowed"

Here are screenshots of my discussions with Coinsbit support
https://imgur.com/a/r61k3yi

Coinsbit Proposal in BiblePay Forum
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=460

sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 06:24:39 PM

Rob, how do I get NOMP stratum pool to request work restart every 15 seconds?

I've tried many changes in config.json and pool_config/biblepay.json but can't seem to make it happen.

can you share your config.json and pool_config/biblepay.json?

zupernovato

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 08:16:10 PM

Hello!
I have noticed that I wasn't mining with the regular wallet/miner.
It seems the pool has been updated (to nomp), but there is also a new miner, etc.
I am a bit lost, can I still mine with the regular wallet? Do I need to re-register in the new pool with the same username?
Also, it appeard a big unexpected increase in BBPs, so probably I mined in a fork once. I did an  -erasechain=1, and wallet seem ok, but that transaction still appears in the transactions log.
I have updated the config file with the new miner 5m ago, and it still showing "poolmining": false, but I do not know if I need to wait longer, or do something more.
Thank you,
sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 08:48:03 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2019, 06:27:15 PM by sunk818

Hello!
It seems the pool has been updated (to nomp), but there is also a new miner, etc.
I am a bit lost, can I still mine with the regular wallet? Do I need to re-register in the new pool with the same username?
Also, it appeard a big unexpected increase in BBPs, so probably I mined in a fork once. I did an  -erasechain=1, and wallet seem ok, but that transaction still appears in the transactions log.
I have updated the config file with the new miner 5m ago, and it still showing "poolmining": false, but I do not know if I need to wait longer, or do something more.
Thank you,

go to tools, wallet repair
recover transactions 1

here are instructions on how to mine on nomp pool:

https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-nomp-pool-mining.html

there are currently three to choose from:

http://sunpool.whitewalr.us
http://5.135.183.202/

http://leopool.biblepay.org:8080/

http://nomp.biblepay.org/

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 08:49:57 PM

Post from Sieb Sie from Telegram:

"Hello brothers. What happened to pool.biblepay.org through the wallet? Just now that i convinced the pastor of my church to publicize the project. If so i have to instruct how use the external miner in Windows which os already more difficult because i don't have specific documentation. Besides, our language os another, but this os easier. Can someone help me?"

BiblePay Telegram: https://t.me/biblepay_airdrop

Is something different with the regular pool?

This first part is for our veterans, not meant for the new user:
Although the pool will still be up for a year or more while we figure out accountability migration to dsql, the reason I don't want to leave 'mining' on in the pool is since 99% of the miners left, it cant solve enough blocks to warrant supporting it, and more importantly, the payments are too low to cover people who hop, so I disabled mining against pool.biblepay.org to send everyone toward nomp.

So please ask him if he can go with nomp, or solo mine.

One other note:  I am working with MIP on an idea where we can bring the core wallet back up to the same speed as the external miner (and eliminate any chance of ever having a GPU) but this idea is still in its infancy and would be about 9 months out if we work out the details.

So for now I recommend nomp.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 08:57:42 PM

Coinsbit is EU only and Crex is EU only.  So we havent been able to justify their fee yet - although we told them we are open to negotiate a lower fee for not have ability to trade in the US.

Crex has relatively low volume ($1 million) and it's mostly from unknown coins. Coinsbit seems huge ($400 million, #38), I just created an account from a US VPN and depositing and trading works, but for withdrawal, somebody needs to test uploading a US document for verification, to double check if it's allowed or not.

And I was surprised, BBP is already listed on their fees page:
https://coinsbit.io/fee-schedule

Also we're on the deposit page, but the buttons are greyed out:

0.5 BTC is too good of a deal not to try and check if it can be used from the USA.

We do have interest from Graviex and Stex. Stex is being pretty nice, but the owner doesnt want to list a btc pair for us (only eth). Im still going to reach out to him again and see if we might have a middle ground.

Stex will require KYC verification for all accounts starting on January 1st 2020:

Meaning we need to also double check if they accept US documents.

Thanks, yes, I agree that Coinsbit really looks great, and knowing a lot more about this process now, I like the Gecko 'reputation' score (of  8 ) for them.  It also shows like Togo mentioned in their support - they care about the customers on discord, and dont seem shady.

Of course Togo tried to start an account and couldnt get through, the laws of the US are probably so severe that an exchange cannot take that risk.

So guys keep trying to find one with an actual offer.   And or a way for a US trader to withdraw.

The reason BBP is listed on the page is we almost executed the deal, but stopped it before funding.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 09:03:08 PM

Hello!
Thank you,

Just covering the unanswered part:
You can still solo mine in the core wallet, but its about 20% less efficient than the external miner.
And pool.biblepay.org redirects core wallet pool miners over to solo mode now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 09:05:16 PM

Rob, how do I get NOMP stratum pool to request work restart every 15 seconds?

I've tried many changes in config.json and pool_config/biblepay.json but can't seem to make it happen.

can you share your config.json and pool_config/biblepay.json?

I haven't made any more changes since I checked them in the first time but more importantly, I don't think you have control over that.
The work restart occurs when nomp accepts a share for that difficulty level, then it asks bbp core for a new block merkleroot, then it updates the miners work.

So the update is just a naturally occuring factor as people solve the shares.
You are probably observing the nomp pool having more frequent restarts because the average share is being solved faster.

But either scenario should still be the same efficiency level as far as solving blocks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 09:15:53 PM

- Ive been notifying Cameroon and Kairos about the DSS poll that won, and ramifications on sponsorships. ...  If no one does by mid December I will sponsor them in POOM.  Very similar situation with Kairos; I explained the integration reqs to Andy at Kairos, and mentioned we will need to cancel the 21 children, unless - they can convert to POOM by the end of the year.  I mentioned to Andy, we will pick these kids up via POOM one way or another -- if Andy integrates.  Ill keep everyone informed if Kairos decides to implement POOM.

1) I noticed 15 sponsorships were picked up by you recently. Do these include the 11 you mentioned for CameroonONE that need to migrate over to POOM or else risk being dropped?

2) What's the impact on accountability.biblepay.org and the POOM sponsorships thus far? Now that more children are being migrated to POOM, what does the accountability figures look like? I ask because you've been tracking giving figures thus far. I'm concerned the figures may not be as clear going forward... See my post today about charity giving numbers: https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-charity-donations.html

3) If Andy wants help with integration, I'm open to helping him with integration. I'm not a dev, but perhaps I have enough technical ability to cobble together something.

Thats a nice chart!

On the new 15 sponsorships, no, I havent sponsored Cameroon-ones 11 needed children yet.
So they are still open.  I just promised them I would if no one did by December.
Those 15 are children that I was sponsoring through Global Giving when they had the match going (GG was giving Cameroon double the revenue but I was paying for 15).  I decided when that ended to move them to POOM to save the children.

On #2, I believe we can address that.  Since we really want to move toward being a decentralized DAC, one more step in the right direction would be to make an RPC report that picks up all charity expenses and all POOM expenses from the chain.  If POOM becomes our future, then the core wallet would not need to rely on DSQL to add 'expenses' to the total.  We really need to look at all of our income and expense processes and make sure biblepay lives on regardless of one of our vendors, or any of our devs leaving.  Another words, ensure the foundation wallet has no bearing on the long term existence of our crypto.

On #3, Andy from Kairos got back to me yesterday and he is on board.  He is buying the domain, getting the web site set up and will be contacting us back with integration resources - he also has an IT person that will be getting involved. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 11:42:34 PM

Is there a way to see how many BiblePay nodes we have online?

Chainz shows seeing 176 in the last 24 hours
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/#!network

Iquidus shows 4,553?
http://explorer.biblepay.org/network

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 02:28:52 AM

Is there a way to see how many BiblePay nodes we have online?

Chainz shows seeing 176 in the last 24 hours
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/#!network

Iquidus shows 4,553?
http://explorer.biblepay.org/network

I can't really fathom where Iquidis is garnering 4,553; maybe something to do with peers.dat, but looking at Iquidis, which appears to be much closer, I believe iquidis is counting the distinct public node IP connections (IE full nodes with open firewall ports accepting inbound connections).

This is a little speculative, but my best guess on this is to multiply the 176 by 2 or 3 or so and round it off to about 500 nodes.
This is because private nodes who did not expose the firewall port can't be seen by iquidis and our bitcoin codebase does not attempt to track IPs (we just save peer info in peers.dat but thats not being reported on).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: