Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:57:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 02:01:25 PM

I agree that to do that with BiblePay, we need to find a (different) and very solid use case and create a boilerplate message, be known for that use case, and launch that particular brand.  The problem with us right now is we cant really call ourselves 'the go-to wallet for Christians' because a Dash clone does not really offer anyone an alternative to Dash, or to bitcoin.

Let's forget use-case for a minute and just talk missional values. What purpose do you want this coin to have? When you're on your deathbed, thinking back what do you want to say BiblePay did for people around the world?

First thing that comes to mind is helping the children. We were off to a great start with the charity aspect, but over time it is slowly fading away, probably because of the price? For the deathbed reasoning, I think it's more important to focus on thinking how to improve the charity aspect of the system and how to help them even more, especially using BBP coins directly, rather than to focus on technicalities regarding mining and such.

And I am *for* rebranding to a more charity oriented name, especially losing the "Pay" part in the name, because it looks like some sort of a commercial for-profit payment service because of that, like PayPal. Also it doesn't go very well with "Bible", as we've seen many times by the reactions of people who stumble upon it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jsheets1970

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 02:40:00 PM

How do I solo mine with BiblePay?
https://whitewalr.us/2019/solo-mine-biblepay.html

Sun, this does not mention the qt wallet. Is the qt wallet no longer needed for solo mining? If it is needed does qt wallet need to have a mining thread running still?
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 03:01:33 PM

First thing that comes to mind is helping the children. We were off to a great start with the charity aspect, but over time it is slowly fading away, probably because of the price? For the deathbed reasoning, I think it's more important to focus on thinking how to improve the charity aspect of the system and how to help them even more, especially using BBP coins directly, than to focus on technicalities regarding mining and such.

And I am *for* rebranding to a more charity oriented name, especially losing the "Pay" part in the name, because it looks like some sort of a commercial for-profit payment service because of that, like PayPal. Also it doesn't go very well with "Bible", as we've seen many times by the reactions of people who stumble upon it.

Charity has been a big part of BiblePay. You're suggesting we double down on it. If you rebrand as a giving (charity) coin, what does it mean for the ability to pivot to areas outside charity?  Does changing to a charity coin make any of current features "not fit"? What would you rename the coin to?

* Bible verses in the blockchain
* Smart Contracts
   - Proof of Distributed Computing (PoDC 2.0)
   - Proof of Giving (PoG)
   - Proof of Orphan Mining (POOM - CameroonONE, Kairos)
   - Healing
* Dynamic Whale Staking

How much has BiblePay donated to charity?

How do we sponsor CameroonONE orphans using BiblePay?

Kairos Nov 2019 Update – Letters from the children!

sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 03:17:52 PM

Sun, this does not mention the qt wallet. Is the qt wallet no longer needed for solo mining?

Hi, I revised the article to say we need the BiblePay-QT wallet to solo mine. Can you look it over again? I realize the post was not clear, sorry about that.

If it is needed does qt wallet need to have a mining thread running still?

Yes and No. I'll explain more in the revised post.

How do I solo mine BiblePay?

sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 03:33:14 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2019, 03:45:05 PM by sunk818

edit: seems to be up again

nomp.biblepay.org pool is refusing to connect. stratum is down for me too:

other pools still working:

http://leopool.biblepay.org:8080/workers

http://5.135.183.202/workers

I'm still looking for funds to be returns from yesterday's pool error. Thank you so far to the one person that returned 120k BBP. I really appreciate your honesty and willingness to do the right thing.

Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 03:36:20 PM

I agree that to do that with BiblePay, we need to find a (different) and very solid use case and create a boilerplate message, be known for that use case, and launch that particular brand.  The problem with us right now is we cant really call ourselves 'the go-to wallet for Christians' because a Dash clone does not really offer anyone an alternative to Dash, or to bitcoin.

Let's forget use-case for a minute and just talk missional values. What purpose do you want this coin to have? When you're on your deathbed, thinking back what do you want to say BiblePay did for people around the world?

For the deathbed reasoning, I think it's more important to focus on thinking how to improve the charity aspect of the system and how to help them even more, especially using BBP coins directly, rather than to focus on technicalities regarding mining and such.

Blah blah blah the charity thing is a clickbait to help win over bigger audience. Its a means to promote any product or an investment vehicle. Primitive thinking model is all behind this cliched approach to success. You know smart people dont go around like this. People come, check out and leave, maintain awareness of the project but no one is gonna lean towards it just because it claims to maintain some charity agenda. Use that money for the development instead of fucking around.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 03:43:47 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2019, 04:05:11 PM by sunk818

charity thing is a clickbait to help win over bigger audience.

How are you doing today? Is everything okay? You seem bitter.

Why do characterize charity as clickbait? When you click on BiblePay links, do you feel misled or deceived? You make charity sound like a bad thing. Last count, BiblePay donated over $194,485 USD. Can you name other crypto coins that can account for their giving like this?

https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-charity-donations.html

Use that money for the development

What development do you recommend exactly?
What are you going to do about the poor children that are supported through BiblePay?

inblue

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 04:06:11 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2019, 04:19:31 PM by inblue

Blah blah blah the charity thing is a clickbait to help win over bigger audience. Its a means to promote any product or an investment vehicle. Primitive thinking model is all behind this cliched approach to success. You know smart people dont go around like this. People come, check out and leave, maintain awareness of the project but no one is gonna lean towards it just because it claims to maintain some charity agenda.

Charity appeals to a much wider audience and it is not emphasized enough in BiblePay. Many don't know at all that BiblePay gave $200k to children.

Use that money for the development instead of fucking around.

BiblePay is already one of the coins with the most active development, it's not an aspect which has a tremendous room to grow, unlike the other things which are being discussed.
inblue

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 04:27:01 PM

Charity has been a big part of BiblePay. You're suggesting we double down on it.

Exactly. Charity is the simplest feature for newcomers to wrap their head around, unlike other features we have.

Does changing to a charity coin make any of current features "not fit"?

I don't see a reason not to keep all existing features, which would just work in the background for the non-technical eyes.

What would you rename the coin to?

I don't know, but to clarify from my previous post, I am not in favor of going away from the religious aspect, I just don't like the "pay" part; "Bible" is completely fine, especially because of the bible integration in the algorithm. And more importantly, it's not so much about the exact name, but about our message.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 05:13:10 PM

MergeDEX exchange has offered to list us for 0.05 BTC, more info here:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=477.0

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 05:21:04 PM

edit: seems to be up again

nomp.biblepay.org pool is refusing to connect. stratum is down for me too:

other pools still working:

http://leopool.biblepay.org:8080/workers

http://5.135.183.202/workers

I'm still looking for funds to be returns from yesterday's pool error. Thank you so far to the one person that returned 120k BBP. I really appreciate your honesty and willingness to do the right thing.

Yeah the good news is I found the problem on the server; it was process starvation. 
I added a script to constantly monitor the other processes on the box and keep them below 5%.
So, I look forward for more stability in the long run going forward on :   http://nomp.biblepay.org

Note:  This is not related to nomp or redis or biblepayd.  It was related to my servers process distinctly.
So you dont really need this script if you run a pool but in case you have a box where you are interested in using it here is the one I used:
https://gist.github.com/buildie/7712989

I just put the offending process name in "BLACK_PROCESSES_LIST" and it fixed the problem.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 05:32:59 PM

I agree that to do that with BiblePay, we need to find a (different) and very solid use case and create a boilerplate message, be known for that use case, and launch that particular brand.  The problem with us right now is we cant really call ourselves 'the go-to wallet for Christians' because a Dash clone does not really offer anyone an alternative to Dash, or to bitcoin.

Although this is not going to be aligned completely with any future rebranding:

Lets think of the actual functions of a true Christian.  I admit I didnt know this myself when I was a baby Christian.  A baby Christian is all about themself (give me the gospel, let me hear you at church, give me salvation, me me me).  A middle school Christian (and up) is selfless (picking up their cross).  They start to spread the gospel of Jesus, feed the poor, heal the sick, drive out demons, baptize others, help those laying on the road (like the good Samaritan), pray for *others*, conduct spiritual warfare, etc. 

From an emergency standpoint, if the building is burning, here is the actual necessity provided by a true Christian.  Lets say there are 100 people in the building and 25 are not saved and you are the only Christian left alive.  You might be the only person on Earth left that can spread the gospel to that person next to you.  So, the responsibility really is a true and valid one:  the go-to person for healing, the one who prays for others in distress, the light of the world who care about the poor, and assist in others salvation.

The answer is this:  There is a certain % of the population who are geeks and can be exposed to the gospel in this way.  We might be the only community that brushes off on these people. 

So if I was dying, my wish would be that 5% of our new users not only are compelled to learn the gospel but it sinks in so the Holy spirit can convict them.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 05:49:49 PM

I agree that to do that with BiblePay, we need to find a (different) and very solid use case and create a boilerplate message, be known for that use case, and launch that particular brand.  The problem with us right now is we cant really call ourselves 'the go-to wallet for Christians' because a Dash clone does not really offer anyone an alternative to Dash, or to bitcoin.

First thing that comes to mind is helping the children. We were off to a great start with the charity aspect, but over time it is slowly fading away, probably because of the price? For the deathbed reasoning, I think it's more important to focus on thinking how to improve the charity aspect of the system and how to help them even more, especially using BBP coins directly, rather than to focus on technicalities regarding mining and such.

I agree that rebranding might help in the future and we can discuss catchy things later, but I want to be very careful about rebranding as a "charity" coin.  Although we help in charity, and only give 10%, I dont think we should be classified as "this" one thing.  Primarily because heres what I think of when I think of a charity coin:  A coin that is going no-where, who spends all their profit on a non-recoverable expense, who has this altrusitic side, and lacks in development and is probably a clone of a very basic coin.

Another words I want to be known as a cutting edge DAC or DAO, that is so technically advanced that we pioneered something, and our charity side is just a small expense that we easily overcome but our growth is phenomenal.

So, take two examples:

A)  "Compassion-coin":  We give 10% to charity; we are cloned from litecoin; we follow litecoins code base.  We are Christian.

B)  "Cell" or Diamond-in-the-rough:  We have this killer use case, the use for each token makes us rarer and rarer as we age, the use case is phenomenal and a real breakthrough, we have a first class IT dept with the best devs, we are ahead of the curve, and - we also give 10% to Charity and have Christian values.  

Im leaning solidly toward B.  But note that Im never going to forget our roots, and demand that we find a way to convey the gospel across to the user, or making tokens that can reward one on one preaching activity or Christian help, etc.  But what Im getting at is something neutral like "Cell/DNA/Gem/Diamond-in-the-rough" (this is an example not a proposed name) appeals to everyone on the planet.  Something that invites everyone, and that has a 'token-use-case' that all can use, and is actually a valuable service etc.

A good real-life example of this is "Sid Roth: Its supernatural."  Sid is very much Christian and its certainly a fully inspired gospel content show, but notice the name appeals to everyone.  Almost anyone will watch that show and get lured in - and its intrinsically good, but throughout Sid always adds punches for Jesus.  

But again I don't think its time to talk about "what would we rename the coin to" just yet:  I feel we need the "phenomenal use case" first.  Id like to entertain ideas in a spreadsheet, that utilize the BBP token, for our amazing use case.  Once we have that, lets roll it out and test it in testnet.  Then after we feel secure lets talk about rebranding and unleashing.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 06:02:35 PM

BBP was Listed on Central Charts:

https://www.centralcharts.com/en/1222844-biblepay/informations

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
inblue

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 06:30:34 PM

But again I don't think its time to talk about "what would we rename the coin to" just yet:  I feel we need the "phenomenal use case" first.  Id like to entertain ideas in a spreadsheet, that utilize the BBP token, for our amazing use case.  Once we have that, lets roll it out and test it in testnet.  Then after we feel secure lets talk about rebranding and unleashing.

Agreed. And yes, with a one-in-a-billion developer like you, it's much better to develop an amazing use case, because with you it's possible, unlike with other copycat coins.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 06:58:13 PM

But again I don't think its time to talk about "what would we rename the coin to" just yet:  I feel we need the "phenomenal use case" first.  Id like to entertain ideas in a spreadsheet, that utilize the BBP token, for our amazing use case.  Once we have that, lets roll it out and test it in testnet.  Then after we feel secure lets talk about rebranding and unleashing.

Agreed. And yes, with a one-in-a-billion developer like you, it's much better to develop an amazing use case, because with you it's possible, unlike with other copycat coins.

Thanks but I no longer will take any credit as I want to pass it on to Jesus!

But lets try to think of something that requires the token (in a similar way that Gas is required) for the gospel or for orphans.
So we have credits being required in the advertising-coins-network (cant remember the coin name), for the ability to run an ad, we have credits being required in the wifi-iot-coin for purchases that will allow a vending machine for example to transmit that its empty, etc.

The only one use case I can think of so far is paying credits for prayers to be prayed for N duration (by our entire group), or credits required to view the Christian Treasure Trove contents (if we had for example, all Christian videos in a list, would people even pay to view those things), and we do already have DSQL credits.  But I think the idea is clear; we need our token to be wanted by others for a useful service, but what service can Christians provide in exchange for BBP tokens?  We could look at delivering greeting cards for example; we make a deal with a company that mails out greeting cards, rebrand the cards with our designer and logo (IE logo on the web designer only, not on the card itself), we charge BBP for the service, and the card gets delivered.  This is a good example of something everyone could use that would brighten someones day.

Cards designed online and delivered physically to the address:
https://www.postable.com/cards

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 04:53:09 PM

From Andy at Kairos Childrens Fund:

Regarding the conference that Bibilepay suppored:

Empowered to Empower, the 2019 "VisMin", or Visayas-Mindanao conference of Word International Ministries in the Philippines, was held on October 22 to 25th, 2019. One of the sponsors was BiblePay. The BiblePay logo was visible on the banner outside, as well as some material that was given to out. People heard BiblePay mentioned and I talked about it with people during the conference. Kairos Children's Fund was known to many people who attended, so I told them that BiblePay is supporting a large number of scholars in Kairos.
The conference was all about the Holy Spirit's enabling power to do ministry. In other words, being Empowered by the Spirit so that we can Empower others with His Spirit as we do ministry. There were 8 plenary speakers, and there were also breakout sessions for youth and pastors wives. Overall, a great experience for all who attended. I believe that this was a worthy advertising investment for BiblePay. In fact, cryptocurrency is becoming big here, with trading and mining becoming popular.

http://facebook.com/kairoschildrensfund/kairoschildren@gmail.com

And what does the Lord require of you? To do justly, love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:59:36 PM

That's a wonderful guide, thanks, but I got some strange error message under Ubuntu 19.10.

Code:
./bbpminer_linux: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./bbpminer_linux: line 7: `<!DOCTYPE html>'

No matter whether I start it with parameters or without any.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 09:30:17 PM

That's a wonderful guide, thanks, but I got some strange error message under Ubuntu 19.10.

Code:
./bbpminer_linux: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./bbpminer_linux: line 7: `<!DOCTYPE html>'

No matter whether I start it with parameters or without any.

Maybe the box is missing a dependency like curl; please try installing these dependencies as if you were compiling it first:
https://github.com/biblepay/cpuminer/blob/master/BuildingBBPMiner.txt

Then please re-try.  If it yields the same error try with verbose logging; lets see if something else is revealed.
Also you can try on another machine, if you have another one available just for cross reference.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 09:35:03 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2019, 10:22:03 PM by bible_pay

** BiblePay Prod Quick Sync **

I'm working on a quick sync script for prod to be released during our PODC 2.0 release - so Windows quick-sync is not ready yet, but in the mean time if anyone wants to test this the linux version is ready:

For biblepayd or biblepay-qt do the following for quick-sync (this is syncing fast from block 0, an alternative to -erasechain=1):

Do this part once:
cd ~/.biblepayevolution  (Be sure to cd to where your Biblepay data directory is first)
wget biblepay.org/syncblocks_prod.sh
chmod 777 syncblocks_prod.sh

Whenever you want to sync from 0:
cd ~/.biblepayevolution
./syncblocks_prod.sh

The script automatically gracefully stops biblepay first.  We do sync the prayers, blocks, llmq & chainlocks, and governance data, so theoretically the node should be stable after this.
You do have to start biblepay manually after this is done.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: