Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:28:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAG] MAGNET - GOES STELLAR - More in description / magnetwork.io  (Read 82990 times)
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:32:44 AM

Sorry to say, but are you trying to reinvent a wheel ?

https://github.com/masternodes/vps
TEmp69

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:30:05 PM

Sorry to say, but are you trying to reinvent a wheel ?

https://github.com/masternodes/vps

Difference is that the daemons all run on the host and not in an enclosed container.
Yet i can see a docker folder on the github and the developer seems to work on dockerizing the daemons.

Anyway thanks for this link, did not know this project, looks promising and I shall contribute.

xsdtxx

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:32:13 PM

Wallet update card will not move at 93362
nordx

Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:51:00 PM

Haha, yesterday panicsale on coinexchange, because they got the DNS-problem, but are up again... with no problems anymore.

i think its a good idea to buy some more and save it on offline-wallet, not coinexchange.

@idev are there any information about other exchanges in the future, beside cryptopia (which hopefully will list the coin soon)?
Maceneter

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:28:08 PM

This coin ... have no Future !
Masternode make only trouble, im out
ater

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:35:12 PM

I am glad to participate in the development of such a grandiose project!
phafea

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:43:28 PM

Very interest! Guys, I'm with you!
mighsack

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:49:25 AM

great idea of this project. count my support thru sharing and posting on my social media accounts. i wish this project a big success in the near future. goodluck to this project and goodluck to you dev.
xsdtxx

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:40:06 AM

My Windows wallet update to 93362 will not be updated to how to solve
lutche

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

idev, this currency is very promising, but the price of it is very limited to CoinExchange, would not it be good to put it in at least a good 3 or 4 Exchanges? the design of this coin is very good, but coinexchange is falling directly
aminovic

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

enjoy this world

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:47:38 PM

magnet will hit the moon in few weeks i have seen before the dev projects and all of them have a Hugh success so dont worry now is just the market reaction 

D Digiwage  |  Decentralized Freelance Workplace  |  JOIN OUR WORKPLACE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ANN  Whitepaper  Twitter  Discord  Reddit    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Source  |  Block explorer / with Masternode  |  Exchange (CryptoBridge)  |  MN Zone  Masternodes Online  |  MNODE Club
edelgad3

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:57:30 PM

We were talking and we feel the main page would be better if we focus more on what MAG is trying to achieve vs its mining capabilities.
@Erik I agree with your summary.  First off, I'm a masternode owner, and I understand the project, but this isn't about me.  This is about convincing potential investors to buy Magnet, especially when many take 60 seconds to hop on the website to take a look.  I think the website does a poor job at explaining what Magnet is.
In the "About Magnet" section, the first paragraph sort of randomly jumps right into the roadmap, and the second paragraph loosely begins to explain Magnet.  I can't overstate enough how important it is for a coin's developers to be able to explain its niche functionality, in a clear, succinct manner.  The first paragraph shouldn't talk about community, masternodes, transaction times, etc.. it should explain the void that the coin aims to fill, and what the project does.
"Magnet aims to integrate blockchain technology with renewable resource mining."  Something as simple as that can lead the way, and the details can follow.
I think they should at least mention their three pronged approach to securing the network via POW/POS and masternodes.  Doesnt’ have to be emphasis, but should be mentioned as I feel that ultimately, that leads to a more secure and redundant system.
Probably, I hope they sleep to help restore their energy.  :smiley:
If we can focus more on the niche and what Mag brings to the table and the problems MAG will solve like Bitcoin is polluting hte word and How MAG will solve this
we just wanted to convey some thoughts on how we could preset MAG on the website in a way to get the main idea across of what the aim of the project is andthe problems its looking to solve so that investors visiting the sight can see the value.

they should get rid of the PoS and PoW from the main page and  focus on  how Bitcoin is polluting the world , and then explain the Niche about magnets niche and how it plans to solve the problem
lutche

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:07:56 PM

in the script of the magnet, and in the main page has a text and an image saying what the magnet proposes, and soon below comes node and pow / pos, it is explicit in the section of the script that the purpose of the magnet is renewable energy, at least was what I understood as soon as I accessed the page, could be even more explicit, but I was able to fully understand the purpose of the coin.
kooxe2

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:50:28 AM

why dont you try to list the coin on cryptobridge DEX? maybe isn't on the top 50 and is a little laggy, but i heard the listing is cheap, and is interesting to see magnet on a DEX
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:57:43 AM

why dont you try to list the coin on cryptobridge DEX? maybe isn't on the top 50 and is a little laggy, but i heard the listing is cheap, and is interesting to see magnet on a DEX

Wake up first or drink a strong coffee, it's there since 14th January  Grin
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1123

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:28:59 PM

Wake up first or drink a strong coffee, it's there since 14th January  Grin

and it's trading smoothly! Wink

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Bitflaire

Activity: 13
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:41:04 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 02:11:17 PM by Bitflaire

Why doesn't Magnet provide a magnet-cli interface?
I compiled the sources but only magnetd and magnet-qt are available, am I missing anything?

EDIT: ok nevermind, I figured out that magnetd acts as cli too
wabkebab

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:49:17 PM

We were talking and we feel the main page would be better if we focus more on what MAG is trying to achieve vs its mining capabilities.
@Erik I agree with your summary.  First off, I'm a masternode owner, and I understand the project, but this isn't about me.  This is about convincing potential investors to buy Magnet, especially when many take 60 seconds to hop on the website to take a look.  I think the website does a poor job at explaining what Magnet is.
In the "About Magnet" section, the first paragraph sort of randomly jumps right into the roadmap, and the second paragraph loosely begins to explain Magnet.  I can't overstate enough how important it is for a coin's developers to be able to explain its niche functionality, in a clear, succinct manner.  The first paragraph shouldn't talk about community, masternodes, transaction times, etc.. it should explain the void that the coin aims to fill, and what the project does.
"Magnet aims to integrate blockchain technology with renewable resource mining."  Something as simple as that can lead the way, and the details can follow.
I think they should at least mention their three pronged approach to securing the network via POW/POS and masternodes.  Doesnt’ have to be emphasis, but should be mentioned as I feel that ultimately, that leads to a more secure and redundant system.
Probably, I hope they sleep to help restore their energy.  :smiley:
If we can focus more on the niche and what Mag brings to the table and the problems MAG will solve like Bitcoin is polluting hte word and How MAG will solve this
we just wanted to convey some thoughts on how we could preset MAG on the website in a way to get the main idea across of what the aim of the project is andthe problems its looking to solve so that investors visiting the sight can see the value.

they should get rid of the PoS and PoW from the main page and  focus on  how Bitcoin is polluting the world , and then explain the Niche about magnets niche and how it plans to solve the problem

Actually, I feel the same way. As I said on twitter, some times I miss some "strategical" point of view about Magnet. We are always talking about rewards, and mining and ROI, and so on. Its important, yes, but If we want to endure we have to shift the approach from a technical (I think that the devs are very good from a technical point of view) and economical to a goal oriented: technology has to be the engine of magnet, not the driver. I suggest to go deeper in the ethics and goal/mission of it. Lot of people will want to join it if they like what are reading: they will buy an idea - in form of some tokens/coin/whatever - instead (or also) of a vehicle for financial speculation. Bitcoin is powerful because its not only a vehicle of financial speculation - what it is, right now -, its a great idea which people can identify with.

I have to say that all that is happening here is great - MAG is only two months old -, but in the long run, if we want to survive, paralell to the technical development will be nice ot see strategical/project development.

Don't take this as destructive critique, all the opposite.
trgnn

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

@Erik I agree with your summary.  First off, I'm a masternode owner, and I understand the project, but this isn't about me.  This is about convincing potential investors to buy Magnet, especially when many take 60 seconds to hop on the website to take a look.  I think the website does a poor job at explaining what Magnet is.
In the "About Magnet" section, the first paragraph sort of randomly jumps right into the roadmap, and the second paragraph loosely begins to explain Magnet.  I can't overstate enough how important it is for a coin's developers to be able to explain its niche functionality, in a clear, succinct manner.  The first paragraph shouldn't talk about community, masternodes, transaction times, etc.. it should explain the void that the coin aims to fill, and what the project does.
"Magnet aims to integrate blockchain technology with renewable resource mining."  Something as simple as that can lead the way, and the details can follow.
I think they should at least mention their three pronged approach to securing the network via POW/POS and masternodes.  Doesnt’ have to be emphasis, but should be mentioned as I feel that ultimately, that leads to a more secure and redundant system.
Probably, I hope they sleep to help restore their energy.  :smiley:

they should get rid of the PoS and PoW from the main page and  focus on  how Bitcoin is polluting the world , and then explain the Niche about magnets niche and how it plans to solve the problem

Actually, I feel the same way. As I said on twitter, some times I miss some "strategical" point of view about Magnet. We are always talking about rewards, and mining and ROI, and so on. Its important, yes, but If we want to endure we have to shift the approach from a technical (I think that the devs are very good from a technical point of view) and economical to a goal oriented: technology has to be the engine of magnet, not the driver. I suggest to go deeper in the ethics and goal/mission of it. Lot of people will want to join it if they like what are reading: they will buy an idea - in form of some tokens/coin/whatever - instead (or also) of a vehicle for financial speculation. Bitcoin is powerful because its not only a vehicle of financial speculation - what it is, right now -, its a great idea which people can identify with.

I have to say that all that is happening here is great - MAG is only two months old -, but in the long run, if we want to survive, paralell to the technical development will be nice ot see strategical/project development.

Don't take this as destructive critique, all the opposite.

In other words tell investors magnet's future use case / long term goal. And yes it's important, since the crazy high early ROI isn't lasting forever on masternodes coins..

alexgold

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:54:39 PM

It's an interesting coin,  I like budget voting based on the whole  network!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: