Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:19:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330732 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 07:42:23 PM

If we hit block 60k and still haven't heard anything, perhaps the community should take matters into their own hands? I'd be willing to assist with the fork.

I realize Kimoto is probably busy...but this is getting a bit ridiculous. Network speed was down below 10 MH/s at one point and confirmations are sometimes taking days -- there is no reason to continue on like this when there is a simple solution. If this is part of a greater plan to kill the price and scoop up as much MEC as possible before bringing it back to life I think it's gone far enough. Too much time passes between posts by Kimoto. I've seen other devs fork to improve difficulty adjustments within hours of identifying the issues -- what is the explanation for dragging feet?

I have a lot tied up in Megacoin and I'm tired of this frustrating situation. We have the source so maybe it's time to weigh our options. I've seen the value of my Megacoin holdings plummet from around $4100 USD to about $900 USD despite adding even more Megacoins to my portfolio. When you consider how easy the solution was, it's pretty irritating to take a hit like that. I obviously understand the risks and volatility of altcoin markets but the issue here is simply inaction.

If an update hasn't been released by 62k, whether by Kimoto or the community, I'm forking Megacoin regardless of what is decided and we'll see how it plays out.

I am far from a patient person, but Sometimes it pays to have a little fortitude. Volatility can be your friend, so I'm buying MEC now while it's cheap. I don't speak for the good Dr., but if you look at the work that has gone into Megacoin, I think it's safe to assume Kimoto has a plan. More than likely it will have been examined from every angle to make sure it is the perfect solution before it's implemented. If anyone other than Kimoto starts messing with Megacoin, that would be a prime reason to bail. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZANKFxrcKU
He has a point. Forking MEC on your own will be bad for both of them.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Nordstern

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:26:03 PM

BTW: does anyone recognize the following in the about tab of Megacoin:
"Copyright © 2013-2079 Die Megacoinentwickler"

is it only in my version?  Wink

You have megacoin-0.8.994D?

yes, it is megacoin-0.8.994D
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 10:01:42 PM

If we hit block 60k and still haven't heard anything, perhaps the community should take matters into their own hands? I'd be willing to assist with the fork.

I realize Kimoto is probably busy...but this is getting a bit ridiculous. Network speed was down below 10 MH/s at one point and confirmations are sometimes taking days -- there is no reason to continue on like this when there is a simple solution. If this is part of a greater plan to kill the price and scoop up as much MEC as possible before bringing it back to life I think it's gone far enough. Too much time passes between posts by Kimoto. I've seen other devs fork to improve difficulty adjustments within hours of identifying the issues -- what is the explanation for dragging feet?

I have a lot tied up in Megacoin and I'm tired of this frustrating situation. We have the source so maybe it's time to weigh our options. I've seen the value of my Megacoin holdings plummet from around $4100 USD to about $900 USD despite adding even more Megacoins to my portfolio. When you consider how easy the solution was, it's pretty irritating to take a hit like that. I obviously understand the risks and volatility of altcoin markets but the issue here is simply inaction.

If an update hasn't been released by 62k, whether by Kimoto or the community, I'm forking Megacoin regardless of what is decided and we'll see how it plays out.

I am far from a patient person, but Sometimes it pays to have a little fortitude. Volatility can be your friend, so I'm buying MEC now while it's cheap. I don't speak for the good Dr., but if you look at the work that has gone into Megacoin, I think it's safe to assume Kimoto has a plan. More than likely it will have been examined from every angle to make sure it is the perfect solution before it's implemented. If anyone other than Kimoto starts messing with Megacoin, that would be a prime reason to bail. 

It isn't the ideal solution -- I couldn't agree more. However, the solution is extremely simple. The issue was clearly identified in July; we're nearing the end of August and nothing has changed. I have faith long-term but I'm losing patience -- I have a Megacoin-centric service I want to launch but the network is so slow 97% of the time that it's unacceptable for use. That's great if you're just rolling the dice on buying and holding but I hitched my project to Megacoin back in July and built up a large cache of Megacoin for use with said project.

Last time the reward was reduced, I was almost the only one on the network mining for the first 2 days in the rut -- it's great to be patient but maybe it's time we get slightly more aggressive here, guys. There is no advantage to waiting around on this unless Kimoto is using the fear/panic/doubt to purposely drive the price down for his own purchase.

I've been buying cheap MEC from fools for weeks...but at some point you have to start to wonder if maybe you're the fool.

I think a month is plenty of time to make some simple changes to the difficulty formula. I have no doubt Kimoto has a plan here (literally zero doubt)...but I'm starting to wonder if it's in our best interest.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:35:31 AM

It isn't the ideal solution -- I couldn't agree more. However, the solution is extremely simple. The issue was clearly identified in July; we're nearing the end of August and nothing has changed. I have faith long-term but I'm losing patience -- I have a Megacoin-centric service I want to launch but the network is so slow 97% of the time that it's unacceptable for use. That's great if you're just rolling the dice on buying and holding but I hitched my project to Megacoin back in July and built up a large cache of Megacoin for use with said project.

Last time the reward was reduced, I was almost the only one on the network mining for the first 2 days in the rut -- it's great to be patient but maybe it's time we get slightly more aggressive here, guys. There is no advantage to waiting around on this unless Kimoto is using the fear/panic/doubt to purposely drive the price down for his own purchase.

I've been buying cheap MEC from fools for weeks...but at some point you have to start to wonder if maybe you're the fool.

I think a month is plenty of time to make some simple changes to the difficulty formula. I have no doubt Kimoto has a plan here (literally zero doubt)...but I'm starting to wonder if it's in our best interest.

You can be sure all of us Megacoin fans feel your pain and frustration. I don't believe it serves anyone's interest to drive the price down (especially Kimoto), and yes it is a calculated risk buying at what is hopefully the bottom. You are in good company here, because quite a few of us have a lot of time and money invested in Megacoin, and are also feeling impatient. There is still plenty of time before we hit block 63k, and I believe the fix will be in well before that happens. But again, I don't have anymore information than anyone else here. I just don't see Kimoto giving this any less that his best effort. If I recall his recent post correctly, I believe he said the fork is "imminent". This would lead me to believe the fix will be in sooner, rather than later. So here's hoping we all get a nice surprise soon...
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:49:23 AM

the good Dr. Kimoto pops in to say hello and puts one's mind at ease

Exactly -- every time he makes a post the frustration that had been building is lifted. I'm just looking for reassurance that the changes are in progress, at least.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:03:35 AM

I want my coins to stop appearing in batches in the morning lol Tongue
Mike18feb

Activity: 657

MΣC

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:23:49 AM

That can be easily fixed, put this in your MΣC wallet payment address and no more batches will bother you: MP7ncg4PBPWybjcqmQ3v4tseDiDnuPUYMs

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
shellbunner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:35:32 PM

I have a Megacoin-centric service I want to launch but the network is so slow 97% of the time that it's unacceptable for use. That's great if you're just rolling the dice on buying and holding but I hitched my project to Megacoin back in July and built up a large cache of Megacoin for use with said project.

Just curious, what kind of service are you looking to launch? Thanks.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 04:51:23 PM

That can be easily fixed, put this in your MΣC wallet payment address and no more batches will bother you: MP7ncg4PBPWybjcqmQ3v4tseDiDnuPUYMs

lol nice try Tongue
kimoto (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:24:32 AM

Gooooood morning!

Talk of a blizzard you say?
These are very groovy times baby! Yeah!
Strong opportunists who passed groundhog day are now building Megacoin services.

There are 3 weeks of fork wiggle room, will bump it in 48 hours.

Adding an additional member to lead the brethren of MΣC.
Inquire within the Caves of Kimoto. For your safety, wear a cloak.

Details on Zerocoin will come in the upcoming week.

-Dr. Kimoto Chan
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:26:29 AM

Gooooood morning!

Strong opportunists who passed groundhog day are now building Megacoin services.

-Dr. Kimoto Chan

"The real threat to gold is digital, like bitcoin"

Commentary: Bitcoin, or something like it, will be alternative currency 

Yeah, it's called Megacoin...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-real-threat-to-gold-is-digital-2013-07-17
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:06:36 AM

Gooooood morning!

-Dr. Kimoto Chan

Big news! Zerocoin!

Cant wait to hear more...

Mike18feb

Activity: 657

MΣC

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:00:59 AM

Gooooood morning!

-Dr. Kimoto Chan

Groovy times baby?! Omg, Kimoto is Austin Powers!

I don't need a cloak for safety in the Caves. I got myself a nice shiny diamond armor and an enchanted diamond sword. No worries.

I am seriously curious who the strong opportunists are and what they are brewing. As I said, we need services and opportunities based on MΣC. And exposure to help spread the word.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:24:35 AM

claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:37:22 AM

Gooooood morning!

-Dr. Kimoto Chan

Dr. Kimoto is always the most eloquent of crypto developers. Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 10:47:33 AM

Gooooood morning!

-Dr. Kimoto Chan
Excellent news Kimoto.
Is there any way to get a hold of you? Some email or something where you're more active. I know a dev or two who would like to talk some things over.  Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
blarg

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:31:32 PM

mmmm megacoin lows are delicious  Grin
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:54:27 AM

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 06:13:16 AM

Excellent, I don't know what you did but Megacoins are now flowing into my wallet at a fairly normal pace now Cheesy
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:50:17 AM

mmmm megacoin lows are delicious  Grin

Think I'll do a little last minute shopping at Cryptsy.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: