Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:02:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133696 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:28:27 PM

How will we actually order these?

Are you going to post a BTC and LTC address and have people send in their coins, with us signing the sending address to prove ownership? Or are you going to have an order form on a website somewhere?

I am just wondering if I can just transfer coins from one of my online accounts (that don't support signing) to buy some, or if I need to figure out a way to access signable coins at work (depending on the day you open orders) so I don't miss out.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've been keeping up with the thread but don't recall seeing this answered.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:52:30 PM

Are you going to post a BTC and LTC address and have people send in their coins, with us signing the sending address to prove ownership? Or are you going to have an order form on a website somewhere?

I am just wondering if I can just transfer coins from one of my online accounts (that don't support signing) to buy some, or if I need to figure out a way to access signable coins at work (depending on the day you open orders) so I don't miss out.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've been keeping up with the thread but don't recall seeing this answered.

I will not require signing. So yes, you can send BTC or LTC from your online accounts.

Keep in mind I will not be doing any refunds. Please consider that when ordering.

Thanks

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SylTi

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:09:24 PM

I will go for 2 coins as well to europe Tongue

HowGudAmI

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:14:23 PM

I will not require signing. So yes, you can send BTC or LTC from your online accounts.

Keep in mind I will not be doing any refunds. Please consider that when ordering.

Thanks

What value would a coin be stated at in fiat on international packages? seen as they wont be loaded with LTC during transit would it just be the silver price?
What are you going to state the packages contain?
Will you accept payment where I withdraw from BTC-E into your wallet? For this I would not know the originating address but I think BTC-E give a txid.

Smiley
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:38:23 PM

Thanks

What value would a coin be stated at in fiat on international packages? seen as they wont be loaded with LTC during transit would it just be the silver price?
What are you going to state the packages contain?
Will you accept payment where I withdraw from BTC-E into your wallet? For this I would not know the originating address but I think BTC-E give a txid.

Yes, ~$40 per coin for this first batch. I suppose I will put on the customs form "collectibles" or something similar. The postal service has issues with exporting any legal tender coins, so saying "coins" may be a problem. I have encountered that issue in the past.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Breen2543

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:45:53 PM

It sounds like you are going to be pretty damn busy wrapping coins and shipping them all out... hope you will be ready with packages, labels and a pen when you open up shop. lol
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:59:57 PM

It sounds like you are going to be pretty damn busy wrapping coins and shipping them all out... hope you will be ready with packages, labels and a pen when you open up shop. lol

Grin What do you think I am doing now. Prepping for launch.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Jbanna

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:05:26 AM

This is great. Really looking forward to gettin me hands on some!
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:46:53 AM

So are you saying that total cost on these coins will be ~$40 each? That would be pretty sweet!
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:11:02 AM

So are you saying that total cost on these coins will be ~$40 each? That would be pretty sweet!

No please re-read the post I was responding to.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:13:26 AM

No please re-read the post I was responding to.

I know lol. I was just hoping.  Grin
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:35:59 AM

I sent an email to customs and excise ( in the uk ) asking how much import duty I would have to pay on 2 coins told them the weight 99.9% fine silver coin

and the reply was I would have to pay 20% vat on the price I paid including postage + 5% handling fee +£18.99 for shipping from the customs warehouse

I work out the total cost as

£100 for 2 coins  (50ltc)

£15 for shipping from the us

£23 for vat

£8 handling fee

£19 postage from customs

total price for 2 coins in the uk is £165

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:20:26 AM

Wow, they look awesome.  I will definitely be ordering some.

Will the visible minikeys have a rhyme or reason to them?  I think it would be nice to at least release them in order beginning with the low numbers first.

Will you be publishing a list of the public keys like Casascius does?

No. That is the beauty of the minikeys and normal WIF private keys, you shouldn't be able to predict them (hence their randomness).

Very Likely I will be publishing a list, yes.

He probably means sorting by the bitcoin addresses - not by the minikey itself.

For example on 2013 coins, some will observe that I have been issuing them in sequential "lots".  All the keys I generated for 2013 brass coins start with "12" or "13".  Further, I generated(kept) exactly 300 keypairs for each unique three-character prefix (121, 122, 123, ... 13X, 13Y, 13Z)

I chose 300 because that's how many keypairs print on a single sheet before cutting.  Because of this, each lot corresponds with a single sheet.  Doing it this way greatly increases the likelihood that any mistakes will stand out, makes inventory and planning a whole lot easier, and it segregates the workload into manageable units.  Also without going into too much detail, it adds benefit with respect to control over fraud, scams, and potential of loss/theft.  Example, if I had a theft, it would be far less damage to say "All the stolen coins started with prefix XXX" so people can just remember the prefix if they want, and can quickly judge that their coins aren't on the list.

Casascius,

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misinterpreted what he meant.

Concerning this first batch I will not be intentionally generating LTC addresses with a particular prefix.

Yes, that is essentially what I meant.  I hope that you might reconsider, especially for the first batch.

Having the numbers be serialized like that can add to the numismatic value of the earlier coins.

For instance, I have an early Casascius 1 BTC piece with a "13T" prefix that appears on page 7 of the coin list: http://casascius.appspot.com/group?type=1&page=7

Being so early in the series, its market value is probably somewhat higher than one that appears on page 108 or so.

Sure, people can still look up the address and see when it was funded, or find it on your published list, but it's not quite the same as having that recognizable prefix right on the coin.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:47:51 AM

Wow, they look awesome.  I will definitely be ordering some.

Will the visible minikeys have a rhyme or reason to them?  I think it would be nice to at least release them in order beginning with the low numbers first.

Will you be publishing a list of the public keys like Casascius does?

No. That is the beauty of the minikeys and normal WIF private keys, you shouldn't be able to predict them (hence their randomness).

Very Likely I will be publishing a list, yes.

He probably means sorting by the bitcoin addresses - not by the minikey itself.

For example on 2013 coins, some will observe that I have been issuing them in sequential "lots".  All the keys I generated for 2013 brass coins start with "12" or "13".  Further, I generated(kept) exactly 300 keypairs for each unique three-character prefix (121, 122, 123, ... 13X, 13Y, 13Z)

I chose 300 because that's how many keypairs print on a single sheet before cutting.  Because of this, each lot corresponds with a single sheet.  Doing it this way greatly increases the likelihood that any mistakes will stand out, makes inventory and planning a whole lot easier, and it segregates the workload into manageable units.  Also without going into too much detail, it adds benefit with respect to control over fraud, scams, and potential of loss/theft.  Example, if I had a theft, it would be far less damage to say "All the stolen coins started with prefix XXX" so people can just remember the prefix if they want, and can quickly judge that their coins aren't on the list.

Casascius,

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misinterpreted what he meant.

Concerning this first batch I will not be intentionally generating LTC addresses with a particular prefix.

Yes, that is essentially what I meant.  I hope that you might reconsider, especially for the first batch.

Having the numbers be serialized like that can add to the numismatic value of the earlier coins.

For instance, I have an early Casascius 1 BTC piece with a "13T" prefix that appears on page 7 of the coin list: http://casascius.appspot.com/group?type=1&page=7

Being so early in the series, its market value is probably somewhat higher than one that appears on page 108 or so.

Sure, people can still look up the address and see when it was funded, or find it on your published list, but it's not quite the same as having that recognizable prefix right on the coin.

The idea I like and will use in subsequent batches of coins.

The error on the first batch is verifiable enough with the naked eye to know what batch it came from just like casascius' series 1 coins with the error in spelling.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:09:25 AM

Yes, ~$40 per coin for this first batch. I suppose I will put on the customs form "collectibles" or something similar. The postal service has issues with exporting any legal tender coins, so saying "coins" may be a problem. I have encountered that issue in the past.

If you left the coins unfunded until after they had passed through customs, you could declare about a $10 value per coin, and mark it as Collectable. You could probably declare them as $10 even funded, because I'm not sure how the post office would value Litecoins, but that could get messy I suppose. Also, that way, if something happened in transit, either the package got lost, or some jerk of a customs agent decided to keep the coins, your buyer would at least get 10 LTC back. From experience, the only time that I've ever had a package lost while shipping silver was sending it to Europe.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:33:07 AM

If you left the coins unfunded until after they had passed through customs, you could declare about a $10 value per coin, and mark it as Collectable. You could probably declare them as $10 even funded, because I'm not sure how the post office would value Litecoins, but that could get messy I suppose. Also, that way, if something happened in transit, either the package got lost, or some jerk of a customs agent decided to keep the coins, your buyer would at least get 10 LTC back. From experience, the only time that I've ever had a package lost while shipping silver was sending it to Europe.

My intentions were never to fund the coins before I shipped them as stated in the OP.

It is something I could try. No promises. If there is a loophole I can use then perhaps I will go that route declaring of the spot price of silver of the contents.

I plan on requiring all packages be shipped via registered mail. Then I can truly verify that someone got their coins as opposed to them just claiming they did or didn't. It removes the BS essentially.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:39:20 AM

My intentions were never to fund the coins before I shipped them as stated in the OP.

It is something I could try. No promises. If there is a loophole I can use then perhaps I will go that route declaring of the spot price of silver of the contents.

I plan on requiring all packages be shipped via registered mail. Then I can truly verify that someone got their coins as opposed to them just claiming they did or didn't. It removes the BS essentially.  Smiley

feel free to post a link to this thread on www.altcointalk.co.uk site will be fully up and running soon  Smiley

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:46:55 AM

feel free to post a link to this thread on www.altcointalk.co.uk site will be fully up and running soon  Smiley

You are more than welcome to post it. Sorry just been really busy getting everything organized for launch.

Thanks for this.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:52:30 AM

We use "collectible tokens" for our shipments.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:58:27 AM

I sent an email to customs and excise ( in the uk ) asking how much import duty I would have to pay on 2 coins told them the weight 99.9% fine silver coin

and the reply was I would have to pay 20% vat on the price I paid including postage + 5% handling fee +£18.99 for shipping from the customs warehouse

I work out the total cost as

£100 for 2 coins  (50ltc)

£15 for shipping from the us

£23 for vat

£8 handling fee

£19 postage from customs

total price for 2 coins in the uk is £165

And this, my friends, is why there should be an "invoice" (not just value declared on customs form CN 23 or whatever) (doesn't have to be on package, can be simple printout I take to the customs office). My experience with casascius coins was that customs kept asking for some "proof of payment" or "payment receipt". That's why I suggested to Mike (he didn't react to that yet) he should issue 2 invoices. 1 for the silver value + slight premium (pay through paypal or bitpay, so there's some payment receipt) and 1 for the "loading with btc" and his fat premium as a "loading charge" or whatever.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: