Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:33:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

I also agree that smoothie should fix the shipping price + small premium in $->btc or ltc with a ticker.
And if you need extra charging you should do it in the coin price, not in the shipping price. Because that confuse the buyer and makes him angry.

But I'm still happy with the final price, and I love the idea. That's why I bought.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:07:05 PM

Holy crap, IAS, quit bitching so much. Yes it's true that smoothie "could" just drop the coins in an envelope with a stamp for less than a dollar, but he chose to offer them only with the highest security available for shipping, registered mail, which indeed does cost more than a cheap envelope with insurance. You think he should offer you choices for shipping, but maybe you should consider how much work he already has cut out for him, with two coins per person, he has between 500 and 1000 customers to ship to. You think, maybe he thought the simplicity of only offering one shipping option might help him process shipping faster than if he had to do 10 different types of shipping to hundreds of different addresses. And as far as being good to his customers, he is being good to you, by investing his time and money to provide YOU with a coin that you MIGHT want, and all you can do is complain and give him a hard time. This really isn't too complicated. He made the coins and is offering them to you, on his terms. If you don't like those terms or think he's unfair, then don't buy them, simple as that.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:04:53 PM

Smoothie please let me have the complainers orders, lol.  Give us first customers that bought from you have a crack at buying another pair if they don't all sell out.  The first ones I want for myself.  The others I would like for family...

Have a heart man.
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:16:28 PM

Thanks for the replies, even the smart ass one. And, obviously I and others care since it's been brought up. Some sellers listen and respond to buyers needs. Helps out everyone.

All I'm saying is why not give a choice? It would be nice to say, hey, can I have it shipped for 12 bucks insured to $400? That sounds fair. And if you want to pay registered for 60, then choose so.

What is going to happen if the price of BTC goes to $30? Is he still going to charge .6 for shipping? I doubt it, so it's best to have the shipping charge fixed.

IAS

Lol,

https://www.casascius.com/ charges .50 btc for shipping no matter what you choose.  I believe these LTC silver rounds will become collector pieces much like Mike's coins.  I am an early adopter of LTC.  Smoothies prices are fair.  Move on if you are too much of a tight ass to buy them.  I want them.  Step aside.

Is he still going to charge .6 for shipping?

He's not charging .6 for shipping learn2read.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:17:55 PM

Yes, let us know if/when you lift the 2 per person limit. Many of us are grateful for the product you're providing and are eager to get more!

Also, how many have you sold so far? Just curious.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:34:51 PM

Smoothie   How many coins are left?     This is something you should update the public on, and hopefully you should know this?
?

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:01:46 PM

Just be fair smoothie. If you can ship a coin for $11 don't charge 4 times the price or 6 or whatever.

It is sort of ironic, these coins represent freedom from repressive systems... or so I thought....

He only wants to ship registered mail so people can't complain they never got it, even if they did. That costs more than $11.

This is used all the time to ship silver coins. It is insured to $400. If it is insured, isn't it essentially the same thing? If it wasn't wouldn't people just say I never got it and collect $$$?

I am shipping priority mail and also the coins come in a box (not an envelope). Try fitting a two coin leatherette case in an envelope.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:08:02 PM

To address the supply count left, I have sold roughly 1/3 of the total.

I may consider lifting the cap. Time will tell. The cap was to allow as many people to purchase them without a whale coming in and buying up my entire supply.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:29:15 PM

To address the supply count left, I have sold roughly 1/3 of the total.

I may consider lifting the cap. Time will tell. The cap was to allow as many people to purchase them without a whale coming in and buying up my entire supply.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks  Smiley

Well don't go hog wild and allow unlimited orders. Smiley  

Give your loyal customers that have already ordered a chance to order another pair or two.  This way they stay evenly distributed and don't end up in the hands of a hoarder/scalper.  I think this is the perfect Christmas gift for family and I would really like a few more.

Cheers.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:11:00 AM

shipping costs are irrelevant when it comes to a product such as this. plus, we need to make the shipping/packaging as easy on smoothie as possible so he can get them out as fast as possible.

the goal is to get as many of these in hand as fast as possible before the next rocket launch.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:14:01 AM

It is sort of ironic, these coins represent freedom from repressive systems... or so I thought....

they are.

you are free not to buy them.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 03:28:34 AM

they are.

Cant wait to add these for my collection, heck money we made are meant to be spent on thing that makes us smile, I dont give a shit if this thing will or not be worth xx somewhere down the line, not everyone here is for the profits you know, I brought a bunch of asic miners and hell even build gpu mining rigs I had fun along the way, learned a lot, met alot new friends, its the experience that counts... the fact I can show my friends a physical crypto coin is cool in my book.
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 03:44:26 AM

they are.

Cant wait to add these for my collection, heck money we made are meant to be spent on thing that makes us smile, I dont give a shit if this thing will or not be worth xx somewhere down the line, not everyone here is for the profits you know, I brought a bunch of asic miners and hell even build gpu mining rigs I had fun along the way, learned a lot, met alot new friends, its the experience that counts... the fact I can show my friends a physical crypto coin is cool in my book.

+1

I can't wait to show these off  Grin
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:56:09 PM

46 LTC for a 10 LTC coin + $6 shipping cost and a $2 coin? Seems cheap Smiley

HowGudAmI

Activity: 294

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:14:03 PM

46 LTC for a 10 LTC coin + $6 shipping cost and a $2 coin? Seems cheap Smiley

1/2 a troy oz of silver is not $2, more like $9.55 at spot (lowest value you could give the silver really).

Lets say to buy two coins in the US for 66LTC delivered.

You get 20LTC so actual cost is 46LTC.

You get $20 worth of silver (both coins) so thats 8LTC of the cost (38LTC now)

Lets just say shipping the products in the US costs another $20, thats another 8LTC (down to 30LTC)

So, basically you are paying the 30LTC for;
- A fancy box with certificates
- The time involved with designing the coin
- The time it takes to ship the product
- The costs of manufacturing the product
- Smoothies retirement fund

30LTC = $75 (or $37.50 per coin).

If you think $37.50 per coin is too much to pay above the value of the silver and LTC contained then by all means dont make an order. I personally decided I didn't want to pay this, but you dont hear me bitching and moaning to smoothie do you?

Smiley
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:28:41 PM

Wait. So you are saying that not buying one is a option?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:34:57 PM

No. If you don't buy, a guy with a barcode tattooed in the back of his head will visit you at night.

On another note; I'm very excited to see these in person Smiley

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:36:36 PM

Post pictures of your LTC's when you guys receive them, to let everyone here see they actually got them.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
HowGudAmI

Activity: 294

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:37:58 PM

Laws from country to country may vary and you should check what applies in your area.

Every country in this list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states ) is currently exempt from the well known 'compulsory purchase and ownership of no less than one and no more than two lealana physical silver litecoin' act of 2013.

Smiley
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:46:39 PM

Let me see... first batch physical silver litecoins???  Not impressed....

Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: