Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:46:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RENTBERRY - DECENTRALIZED HOME RENTAL PLATFORM  (Read 28510 times)
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:52:32 PM

The article on bbc is very interesting. That important to see that kind of content, that improve the visibility and the credibility of the project. Rentberry has nice argument to succeed, I think the future can be very good for this project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:54:04 PM

One of the rare doable icos. I see you as AirBnB of the crypto world. Good luck.
Airbnb on the blockchain- that sounds like something that can get huge. Most important for them will be an easy to understand website which can be used by everyone

Rentberry is already controversial even without the blockchain component. Anything controversial has the possibility to either wither away or become disruptive. Remember the protests against Uber or indeed AirBnB.

Check out this article:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39355984

Thank you for digging up this article. It's already quite dated, it's from before the ICO, but informative nevertheless.
I'm a little surprised that even BBC is writing about the cryptocurrencies. Who knows maybe world will change
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:27:11 PM

One of the rare doable icos. I see you as AirBnB of the crypto world. Good luck.
Airbnb on the blockchain- that sounds like something that can get huge. Most important for them will be an easy to understand website which can be used by everyone

Rentberry is already controversial even without the blockchain component. Anything controversial has the possibility to either wither away or become disruptive. Remember the protests against Uber or indeed AirBnB.

Check out this article:

Thank you for digging up this article. It's already quite dated, it's from before the ICO, but informative nevertheless.
I'm a little surprised that even BBC is writing about the cryptocurrencies. Who knows maybe world will change
The world is already changing, and interest in crypto currency is growing exponentially.
greatteager

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:35:55 PM

the Rentberry system can be also profitable for each users, the fees will be lower than actual fees on the rental market.  Wink
If true those are good news for renters that can have it cheaper or for landlords because with the same price they earn more money.
This is the reason why you need to have these coins.
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:41:33 PM

Check out this article:

Yeah. Its not about this crypto project but nevertheless media exposure such as this is very good for Rentberry for the fact that it proves that its a real company in existence already.

Everything that is new scares, and everything that scares causes rejection or destabilizes some centralized service. This is the problem with projects so well presented that they sometimes get a negative rating. It is necessary to analyze and have own opinion mother I am still following this is I hope better days
KryptoTark

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:49:12 PM

Since the latest version of our platform went live in early 2017, the media has referred to us as a truly disruptive real estate technology

You have working platform? Where I can look this? Can not find on your site...

They don't have anything besides script that parses real rental services Wink

Really? well, this is not true. Anyone who is able to google can prove you are wrong.

Ok, I'll admit I'm wrong. Just link me 10 unique rental postings from rent-berry and I'll be glad to retract my accusations.

By unique you mean something that isn't represented in any other website?

I think most of the rentals on their website were through a real estate agency, so I doubt that these agencies haven't listed their rentals on their own website's too. 

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:52:48 PM

I have read some of your linked articles on the website and then a question came to my mind.
In the article it is stated that your renting system is build as an auction based system but when I look as a "guest" into the properties on your site it is shown a fixed price. Is it auction based or fixed?  Huh

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
greatteager

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:58:43 PM

I have read some of your linked articles on the website and then a question came to my mind.
In the article it is stated that your renting system is build as an auction based system but when I look as a "guest" into the properties on your site it is shown a fixed price. Is it auction based or fixed?  Huh
In the future, an auction will be held and the price will change.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:02:39 PM

the Rentberry system can be also profitable for each users, the fees will be lower than actual fees on the rental market.  Wink
If true those are good news for renters that can have it cheaper or for landlords because with the same price they earn more money.
Nah , this is a common thing in the competition.
Maybe there will be another project with lower fees.
But the true value will come from quality.
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:09:34 PM

So is the rent going to be collected in cryptocurrency? This would have many pros and cons. Definitely, a challenge to overcome.

They're going to accept both fiat and BERRY, which is a brilliant move unless you think that the world will be ready for crypto only payments in 2019 (imo unlikely)

Not even in the next 5 years! We've got a looooooooooong way to go and most blockchain project that don't support fiat or at least in app conversions are not going far!

turkandjaydee

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:14:42 PM

So is the rent going to be collected in cryptocurrency? This would have many pros and cons. Definitely, a challenge to overcome.

They're going to accept both fiat and BERRY, which is a brilliant move unless you think that the world will be ready for crypto only payments in 2019 (imo unlikely)

Not even in the next 5 years! We've got a looooooooooong way to go and most blockchain project that don't support fiat or at least in app conversions are not going far!
Nah, big things just happened this year.
This year is the biggest year for now (from $160 billion to $500 billion crypto market cap)
Who knows if in 2018 will be 2 times bigger or 3 times bigger.
That means a lot of news, and more people will come.
Tujutu

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:21:25 PM

I like this project.
GL guys!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:24:20 AM

Do you know if there are any incentives to use BERRY tokens instead of paying with fiat?

Hi MandatoryOption,
Our goal is to educate users from their first day. There will have various programs like token promotions, free tokens to new users, bonuses for specific actions, etc...thus we’ll be able to drive adoption of BERRY tokens.

do i understand this right, you are planning an free airdrop? or is this only to get users onto your plattform?

I think this will be free tokens for platform users only.
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:17:24 AM

Nah, big things just happened this year.
This year is the biggest year for now (from $160 billion to $500 billion crypto market cap)
Who knows if in 2018 will be 2 times bigger or 3 times bigger.
That means a lot of news, and more people will come.

This was a big year in price, sure, but there are still hardly any running apps -  except maybe Crypto Kittens. Most price increease is all based upon speculation and missing out on the new Bitcoin, not on actual token use.

turkandjaydee

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:17:55 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 02:10:25 AM by turkandjaydee

Do you know if there are any incentives to use BERRY tokens instead of paying with fiat?

Hi MandatoryOption,
Our goal is to educate users from their first day. There will have various programs like token promotions, free tokens to new users, bonuses for specific actions, etc...thus we’ll be able to drive adoption of BERRY tokens.

do i understand this right, you are planning an free airdrop? or is this only to get users onto your plattform?

I think this will be free tokens for platform users only.
Yes of course, it will be useless if its a free airdrop for everyone.
areschen

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:11:18 AM

Hello everyone. I correctly understand that to finance other people's deposits can only be coins BERRY and no other currencies?

I think so, yes. As the whole platform is build around the token and this will be used for the normal payments too.

so it will reside in ethereum blockchain ?

Yes the information and rental contract will be stored in the ethereum blockchain

But this is already interesting. I would like to see an example of a saved lease in the blockchain ethereum, if at all possible. Maybe there in a smart contract can be stored some hash lease agreement, but in this I'm not sure. This question should be clarified from the developers.
In general, for such a function, you need to develop your own blockchain.

Regarding lease agreements the following is stated in the white paper: "Landlords and tenants will be able to specify their own terms and conditions in their rental agreement smart contracts."

Whitepaper is overloaded with text, beyond which it is difficult to grasp the meaning.
For each lease, you must write a new smart contract?

If that's the case who will write the smart contract? Because I don't think that average landlords and tenants are able to write code with solidity

In my opinion  The smart contract must be generated by the system. coded by by the Rentberry engineer.  landlords and tenants only need input some number , like rent amount and time

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:43:51 AM

Hello everyone. I correctly understand that to finance other people's deposits can only be coins BERRY and no other currencies?

I think so, yes. As the whole platform is build around the token and this will be used for the normal payments too.

Yes the information and rental contract will be stored in the ethereum blockchain

But this is already interesting. I would like to see an example of a saved lease in the blockchain ethereum, if at all possible. Maybe there in a smart contract can be stored some hash lease agreement, but in this I'm not sure. This question should be clarified from the developers.

Regarding lease agreements the following is stated in the white paper: "Landlords and tenants will be able to specify their own terms and conditions in their rental agreement smart contracts."

Whitepaper is overloaded with text, beyond which it is difficult to grasp the meaning.

If that's the case who will write the smart contract? Because I don't think that average landlords and tenants are able to write code with solidity

In my opinion  The smart contract must be generated by the system. coded by by the Rentberry engineer.  landlords and tenants only need input some number , like rent amount and time

Like a mobile recharge ? or easy as it
bankbit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:02:30 AM

true, Not everyone can code smart contracts
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:14:33 AM

In the future, an auction will be held and the price will change.

So the current platform is not auction based but with a fixed price, right? Has someone registered and tested the platform?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ayasemoon789

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:15:44 AM

If your project can be put to use in my city, I think it can solve the problem of renting in our city, because it belongs to an overloaded city here, and the rental industry has many problems
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: