Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is It advisable to quit my present job for bitcoin?  (Read 14050 times)
rj_kawawa

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:20:13 AM

In my personal experience, I regret that I quit my job just to focus on bitcoin. I think it is not advisable to quit job for bitcoin unless you're already earning more than what you earn on your job and have stable income on bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin price is very volatile. It may have high price and continues to increase now but we do not know maybe tomorrow or the next day it will become worthless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:35:49 AM

In quitting a job for bitcoin we must consider many things. Here are some of those things we must remember. First we need to know if bitcoin can give us more income rather than our present job. Second if bitcoin is more reliable income versus our job. Third and the most important is if bitcoin makes you happier rather than your present job. Happiness is the key to success, so if you are happier in bitcoin and can earn more or the same with your present job, then choice bitcoin.
Charot12345

Activity: 257
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:30:49 AM

I think it is not advisable to quit your recent job for bitcoin because we all know the price of bitcoin is volatile. But I think you mean you change your job to bitcoin because in bitcoin you also need to work to earn money the only difference is, biitcoin doesn’t need much physical work but rather more on thinking.  It is more right if you can work on your recent job and then also work on bitcoin. You just need a proper time management.

ardhigalau

Activity: 316
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:38:59 AM

Do not be desperate like that, you can still play bitcoin even though you are working in the real world. If you are smart, divide the time between work and bitcoin play.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:40:50 AM

My plan in my bitcoin is to hold on to it in this moment. We all know that the value of bitcoin are rapidly increasing. In the moment like this, that no one knows when its value will fall down. Holding on to our bitcoin is like hold on in something that we don’t know what will be ending up we can earn more or we will regret why we hold it. Just like in other business and investments, there are always risk that we must face on. It is all depending on how much guts we have in getting into risks. 
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:54:20 AM

It's too risky, if you're single it does not matter, but if you have a family it may be very difficult. You have to meet the needs of your family, if you fail in bitcoin then what will you do?

Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:58:47 AM

Nah. Take bitcoin as your part-time job. With the help of technology, you can access bitcoin anytime, anywhere (provided that you have a net) and there is no need to quit your job just to focus on bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
bp.comp69

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:03:48 AM

Bitcoin trading these days has become so rucreative that I am tempted to quit my present job which is not giving me enough time to explore more out of bitcoin world...

What's your take on this, should I go ahead and quit?

Thanks

I guess you do not need to quit your job just to pursue bitcoin, are you sure bitcoin will be able to live forever or for the rest of your life? nowadays it is very difficult to find a decent job and can guarantee your life on your old days, so do not you ever step in to sacrifice something that is definitely going forward with only a momentary profit, so do not you regret it.
continue your bitcoin investment and continue your work, you can be a successful person with it, this is just my opinion.  Smiley
Mjeramirez

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:20:16 AM

Truly bitcoin can be profitable to the point that you don't need your regular job to sustain your living. But be careful in your decision, here are two of many parameter before thinking of quitting your job for bitcoin.
1. You should have at least 1 year worth of savings that can sustain your lifestyle before thinking of quitting your job.
2. Your BTC income must be greater than what you receive in your regular job.

krulviper

Activity: 354
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

i think you need to stay on your job if you can do the both, you can work at the day and trading at the night, but if you people like me who cant focus to much job at the same time, i think you can quit and make some business at your home. you can still make real money and have much time for bitcoin.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Medium|LinkedIn|Telegram|Reddit|CoinMarketCap
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:27:52 AM

This doesn't make sense if you stop working because you play Bitcoin because Bitcoin never promised you to get rich.
you're right, to quit in present job for Bitcoin will not help you to be rich. Though the value of Bitcoin is high but it is another story when you have a job in the real world. Working on Bitcoin can a sideline but not a permanent one to depends on. At the very end, you could do both so why quit?

brianc1

Activity: 190
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:28:51 AM

Leaving a job which gives a guaranteed salary every month to trade bitcoin is a very risky move, misjudging corrections and trading at the wrong times could leave you in large losses for months at a time  Sad
waqarkahloon

Activity: 231

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:29:03 AM

If u think u r a great trader and can sense any change in price then u can quit ur job but if u r not experienced in trading and not good in TA, then keep working at your job as well as keep trading at small amounts and rest keep in bitcoin. Then u will have good amount in future as bitcoin just cross 15k.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 474

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:31:15 AM

Never quit your job.. bitcoin is only a parttime joob that can give you an eaarnings morethan you are having ! though it is not applicable to quit your job, are you a family man ? if you are please stay on your job if your not well its upp to you then ! you can quit

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Nuwannrl3518

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:32:12 AM

My opinion is to wait. If the bitcoin system is gone down, what you have to do? You have to have a job to perform without a risk. It is my advice.

choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:37:17 AM

So many replies yet no one has considered the fact that even if you quit your job, you can easily come back in. You already have your experience on that job. I will totally drop my job if there is something else that's more profitable and more worthy in the long run. Your day job is worthy in the long run because of the perks that you get from it like insurance and stuff but think to yourself, is it a dead end job or not? Do you see yourself actually getting to the top of the company or do you see yourself in the same position in the coming years? If it's the latter, then just go with bitcoin. You should still have save enough money so you can pick yourself up in case your bitcoin journey doesn't go as expected.

You are having thoughts of leaving your present job, it's an indication that you're not really happy with it or the payment for the work that you're doing. Quit it. Smiley

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:50:47 AM

Bitcoin trading these days has become so rucreative that I am tempted to quit my present job which is not giving me enough time to explore more out of bitcoin world...

Thanks
There is no recommendation for you to stop working and be fully involved in Bitcoin, because I think real-world work is also important, to better utilize your skills and hobbies, let's make Bitcoin an additional job. That's my personal opinion only.
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:20:48 AM

Do not let go, the more places to make money the better, we should be able to divide the time between bitcoin and other work for example by making a schedule. Do not let us regret having let go of our work...

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:48:06 AM

Do not let go, the more places to make money the better, we should be able to divide the time between bitcoin and other work for example by making a schedule. Do not let us regret having let go of our work...
I agree with you. That is the best thing to do in order to be secure and sure that we will earn money in the future because if we will have multiple sources of income then there is nothing to worry for the cash flow because it can continue as long as the multiple sources of income is being well maintained.
pxo.011

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:51:28 AM

Thanks
i think its not because your job is a surely profit and stable you can do it when you are getting home after work your work is more reliable and regular income
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: