Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:24:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 138
  Print  
Author Topic: Is It advisable to quit my present job for bitcoin?  (Read 14050 times)
Prinox2 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:32:08 PM

Bitcoin trading these days has become so rucreative that I am tempted to quit my present job which is not giving me enough time to explore more out of bitcoin world...

What's your take on this, should I go ahead and quit?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:44:14 PM

you'll still have to do some job to make money. so you are not really quitting job in general!
and depending on that job you do, you may earn a lot more or a lot less. for example trading that you have in mind can be a beast of a thing when you go all in and become more serious about it. you invest a larger amount and then the stress that you will experience every day when there is the smallest swings may make you make mistakes and mistakes on a large investment is costly.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:46:48 PM

this is a very risky move honestly.. i would not quit my job to go deep dive into BTC and rely on it.
Nowadays it's hard to find a proper job and if you have it you should stick to it to have an income, one thing you can do is to find some spare time every day and study or work for BTC.. you need an income anyway, think twice before doing this jump into the dark.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:50:55 PM

I advise you to do a test run before you actually do it.
if you already have a decent job with financial security it is not a good idea to give it up for something else that you may not have enough experience in and is also pretty volatile on top of everything else which makes it very risky.

if you haven't already, then start trading bitcoin for at least 6 months then by the end of the period sit down and check your performance every day of the past 6 months. see if you have done well in most days or not. if you can give yourself a grade above 80% then go for it full time and make more money.

Only Bitcoin
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:51:53 PM

Bitcoin trading these days has become so rucreative that I am tempted to quit my present job which is not giving me enough time to explore more out of bitcoin world...

Thanks

That would be immensely irresponsible
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:52:16 PM

Thanks
Dont rush up because you might end up on regretting if you do lose your job. Its true that there are lots of things to be explored on bitcoin world and speaking of trading as you mentioned you cannot guarantee that you can make money anytime and if you do quit your day job you cant be sure that you can rely on your trading income since we do know its not constant profits.Just a proper time management and you would able to get the right allocation of your time on both things so that you wont able to experience hardship.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 01:52:35 PM

It depends, do you have an effective business plan to make money from the bitcoin field? If not, then I would strongly not suggest this. Bitcoin currently is incredibly volatile.

AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:56:35 PM

Why not?

Just take a month or two break from your job and explore the market. One of my friend is heavily into altcoin trading and he earned about 40+ BTC of his initial 3 BTC investment since March this year. If you were able to understand the market and trends, money is immense in trading imho. He gave almost 12 hrs everyday in trading and understanding the market for first 4-5 months. Still he thinks he isn't that perfect as market is still in infancy stage and is highly unpredictable.

Good luck!
potatocorner

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:56:53 PM

Thanks
Bitcoin is really reliable these days but you cannot say that it can be a stable job. It is still better for you to have your own field job and work there regularly in case that bitcoin will shutdown without any signal. Don't eave your job in replace to bitcoin. Make bitcoin as your source for your extra expenses so that you will not be bothered completely if bitcoin will shutdown suddenly.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
burnaksalseda

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:59:33 PM

Thanks
My advice for you, if you can do both, dont quit. But if you cant manage your time and you cant do both, stay on your job. Sometimes, it depends to the job because there are jobs that pays low and you can earn better in bitcoin. But if your job pays you a decent amount of money for your daily life and needs, i think you should stay with your job and make bitcoin your part time.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:59:41 PM

Honestly its not totally advisable but if you have strong determination in making enough profits daily that you think its more effective than working in your current job then its your decision after all.  

farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:07:30 PM

Well,i would like to share you my personal experience so that you could get an idea of what you should do.Actually,i was working in dubai an year ago.Since my salary was low,i used to work in bitcoin to earn.At first,i joined signature campaign and then,i just saved my earnings from signature campaign and bought altcoins for trading.Then gradually,my earnings started to increase more and within the next ten months,i reached a stage that i started to earn as much income as i got from my job.Then,i just quit my job and returned to india.And now,it may be a surprise for others,my income has increased seven times more than my previous income.So,unless you start to earn as much income as you get from your job,don't ever quit your job.Hope you could get an idea to decide further.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:12:15 PM

No, it's not. The price is great now and it seems that you can earn great only with bitcoin, even more money then your regular income is, but don't forget that this might change. Then you could be in a situation that you don't have regular job anymore and the bitcoin you earn will not be enough to cover all your expenses. So bitcoion is great as additional income or as a solution who don't have job or have difficulties to find one.

malaj
adadaorlina

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:13:53 PM

For me its no, i prioritize a stable job first, second is Bitcoin for extra income we can not say the changing variant price of  bitcoin if its always high.
Mu7enR0shi

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:16:05 PM

No risk no fun!
Do it!
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:17:24 PM

If you think you are too tired in your current job and ready to make a bitcoin as your source of income full time job then go, because we all know that you can have a good opportunity here but sometimes we must need to think many times before we let go other things in our life.
MotulDiesel

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:18:32 PM

I don't think quit your current job is a good idea. You can do bitcoin stuff as left-handed job and keep doing your job. Bitcoin is interesting and valuable but quitting job to totally invest your time and money to bitcoin not a smart way to earning money. Think about it carefully before action.
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:25:10 PM

Depends on how much you are making from trading.

Answer these questions:

Do you already have enough money saved for a few months of living so that if trading went bad you'd have enough in the bank to take the time to find a new job?

From trading do you make at minimum at least double your salary so that you can take out your normal salary amount from crypto while still taking that much in crypto profit to keep trading with, and have you done this for the past several months in a row to show a consistent ability to do this?

Only if the answers to both those questions are yes would I even consider it. Otherwise why not just keep working while making lots from trading until you have enough invested (without even including trading) so that can just live off the interest of bitcoin rather than your trading profits.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:27:55 PM

Thanks
You can take that option. if you are sure that your current job can not bring in a lot of money and also chances then spinning and then choosing Bitcoin can be an option. Bitcoin currently gives us a great opportunity to earn more income than any other work. there have been many people who proved to be successful once he got to know Bitcoin. This is something that has strengthened ourselves that Bitcoin is the best choice.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:34:32 PM

If you are a fully competent trader, then look at all cryptos to do your trades, not just Bitcoin, that is my opinion.
There is always a risk so I would not recommend you to quit your job, unless it is a casual job.
Maybe you can ask for a month's leave, that's what I would do, then work hard as a trader for the next 30 days and see if it suits you.

There is also the option to look for a part time job that should leave you enough time to trade.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 138
  Print  

Jump to: