Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoin  (Read 6274 times)
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:23:59 PM

In this moment where ethereum blockchain is in trouble,  it is right to choose bitcoin over altcoins. The price of btc now is coming very near to $20,000. In my opinion,  before the year ends, this would be above $20,000.
It is not even a competition. Altcoins can only be competing among themselves right now but competing with bitcoin is like something that is just too much to ask for. What bitcoin have experienced and scaling through, a lot of these altcoins have not even experienced 1% of it and most of them still find it very hard to cope. Altcoins are good for diversification. Some will bring profit, while some may not but it is a world of the unknown, so we just have to take the risk.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:44:24 PM

In this moment where ethereum blockchain is in trouble,  it is right to choose bitcoin over altcoins. The price of btc now is coming very near to $20,000. In my opinion,  before the year ends, this would be above $20,000.
The craziest part is that BTC predominance will surely keep smashing them and that has been a tough one for most alts. I cannot say for now how long this is going to be like, but at least to be in the safe zone; I would rather hold BTC majorly and be trading Alts to use the profit to save up some of them for the future. Who knows? As a lot of them has really proven to be some worthy coins to hold.
MFXMFX

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

I would go for both. There are some future-valuable alticos in my portofolio  Cool
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:58:22 PM

easy to answer, if you want stability you go for bitcoin, if you want more profit you go for altcoin
Other than this, it also depends on the amount of money which you are having for investing that money into crypto currency as well as your future planning after buying those crypto coins. If you are buying because of the reason that you want to hold them for some long period of time, then you have to go for bitcoin. On the other hand, altcoin is the best choice for day trading.

ICOcosmos

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:12:38 PM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?

10% BTC and 90% alts, risk appetite high atm.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:50:01 PM

When we see the loss of dominance of bitcoin, I find it logical to turn to the alts, especially that there are beautiful projects
Altcoins are going bit high but bitcoin is still king of crypto so I will go from the bitcoin because its profit rates are very high and it is the easier way to get maximum out of you own money, those who have not enough capital they can try altcoins but those who are established bitcoin is truly favorable for them and they will start getting profit on very next moment of buying as well so all these are facts that shows bitcoin is leading.

Bitcoin will be the king of crypto for a long run, but apparently Altcoins are recently growing crazily and few even gave more return within a Quarter. So its better to indulge in alt as well, ya its difficult to identify the special ones but if you can you will surely make greater profits. For new investors 60% in Alts and 40% in Bitcoin or upto your risk taking capability you can increase the ratio towards altcoins.
tauceramica

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:01:19 PM

When we see the loss of dominance of bitcoin, I find it logical to turn to the alts, especially that there are beautiful projects
Altcoins are going bit high but bitcoin is still king of crypto so I will go from the bitcoin because its profit rates are very high and it is the easier way to get maximum out of you own money, those who have not enough capital they can try altcoins but those who are established bitcoin is truly favorable for them and they will start getting profit on very next moment of buying as well so all these are facts that shows bitcoin is leading.

Bitcoin will be the king of crypto for a long run, but apparently Altcoins are recently growing crazily and few even gave more return within a Quarter. So its better to indulge in alt as well, ya its difficult to identify the special ones but if you can you will surely make greater profits. For new investors 60% in Alts and 40% in Bitcoin or upto your risk taking capability you can increase the ratio towards altcoins.

I use bitcoin as the fiat currency for my trades. Otherwise investin fiat money is a mess to the exchanges. This way I also hold some few bitcoin as the stock value of my portfolio.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:25:14 PM

Investing in both bitcoin and altcoin is a very good decision but I prefer huge investment in bitcoin rather than altcoins. Both can give huge profit but I like to hold bitcoin for long.

royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:33:19 PM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?
Bitcoin surprises everyone with his height. Let's speculate. For example, the chances that bitcoin will grow 2 times lower than the opportunities to grow by 2 times such currencies as OmiseGO, ETH, Dash, Lisk, Waves, Stratis, Ark, Dash, Nem, and this is a fact. At the moment I prefer altcoins.

Good points mate. But, if I may add, I would be a little greedy and say both because bitcoin, having the highest value with a few price point surges in a year, fits in well as a contingency or emergency holding which you can hold for a long time or to be used at any time should the opportunity arises. Altcoins, on thexperience other hand, are good for short time investmen's because they are quick to dispose.

Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:36:56 PM

I am holding and trading both of them, Bitcoin and some promising altcoins. Bitcoin still in the first place of course because its the best crypto currency actually, and it have the highest price, but also there are some good altcoins like ETH, Ripple which are expected to become very valuable soon.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:13:44 AM

I think that some altcoins will not only survive, but will also compete with bitcoin. While bitcoin does not develop, alternative coins are actively improved. For example, a ripple very quickly increases in price due to fast transactions.
Altcoin is also a very large market of digital currencies and you need to stay up to date regarding them as well. There are many good coins which can generate decent profits for you. As far as ripple is concerned, it is just in the beginning stages.

It needs a lot of hard work and improvement to stand next to bitcoin. I don’t think so there is any coin that can give tough time to bitcoin. Bitcoin will always be the boss.
gabbie2010

Activity: 2674
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 08:31:06 AM

I am holding and trading both of them, Bitcoin and some promising altcoins. Bitcoin still in the first place of course because its the best crypto currency actually, and it have the highest price, but also there are some good altcoins like ETH, Ripple which are expected to become very valuable soon.
Bitcoin is actually the ultimate in cryto currencies holding it has a full potential values considering it's high volatility l belief the price will continue to increase although it experience some pullbacks.
Meanwhile there are some altcoins too that has potentials to compete with bitcoin like ethereum, ripple and tron these coins has better future ahead.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:06:54 AM

Trading bitcoin and altcoins in aequal proportionate is the smart way. Plan like 50% in bitcoin, other 50% segregated into 2 or 3 different altcoins which has good potential and growth like Ethereum, Ripple etc. Do a thorough research before investing into any altcoin other than ethereum  since ethereum is the next best altcoin next to bitcoin. You can use https://coinmarketcap.com for selecting the top altcoins and their potential.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

If in trading . I'll go with altcoins, there are many altcoins nowadays that is active in the markets and has high volume. You can use that to earn profits by just trading and I believe that altcoins are also have use, they can be hold for long term and sell it when you are already happy.

carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:48:53 AM

I would go for both. There are some future-valuable alticos in my portofolio  Cool
I think of bitcoin to be the best choice amongst all other coins which are there in the world of crypto currencies. Bitcoin is not the top-ranked coin but it is also the most profitable coin which can actually help you in having really good amount of money at the end. Altcoin is also a good option but only in that case when you are looking forward for day trading or short term investment of your money.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:29:25 AM

It would be better if you diversify your investment portfolio into two parts. Although bitcoin price too high, you can still invest 30 percent of your funds into it. With the rest of the 70 percent, you can invest into several high prospect altcoins.
Wouldn't it be much better if we exchange the numbers or the percentage you have suggested?How about investing 70% of the money into Bitcoin and 30% into other alternative Coins. Now that we truly understand this fact, Bitcoin is going to increase tremendously in its value.

I think it would be smart to get the most benefit out of situation. I also support diversification and I suggest giving a try to Ethereum, ripple and Monero.

GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:40:45 PM

I think of bitcoin to be the best choice amongst all other coins which are there in the world of crypto currencies. Bitcoin is not the top-ranked coin but it is also the most profitable coin which can actually help you in having really good amount of money at the end. Altcoin is also a good option but only in that case when you are looking forward for day trading or short term investment of your money.
That is actually the right move to make.in my opinion, diversification is far better than having only Bitcoin or a specific alternative coin. It is advice to invest a bigger part in Bitcoin because that can give more profit in the coming days but some alternative coins are also gaining value. It would be good to not miss the chance of increasing capital while playing safe at the same time.
BookeyBitMan

Activity: 128
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

Altcoins because of the price.
You can look at Doge market, for me it's better than BTC or ETH market.
A Fahriz Thiago

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:04:46 PM

If you have more money to invest, you better invest in both, we know now that bitcoin has decreased in price, so now is the right time to invest in dibitcoin, so altcoin like ethereum is very good also if you invest there.

novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:26:37 PM

i think altcoins is aswell a good potential as projects behind them is serious, i would choose bitcoin for first obv but some other alt coins is very good
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: