Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoin  (Read 6274 times)
Proletarian

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:06:23 PM

If you havn't got that much of a budget and you want to increase in funds fast you might aswell join a pump group (buying coins at the same time to spike the price) make sure its not a bad group because u might get screwed over when the others pump earlier than expected and you end up with an undesired atlcoin.
gergovirton

Activity: 237

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:17:28 PM

I prefer bitcoin if I have enough capital to invest on bitcoin because by trading bitcoin will earn more if we get an advantage in selling and purchasing bitcoin in large quantities.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:30:32 PM

Alts are more lucrative. But every dip they fall harder. Although large cap coins like Ethereum, Dash, Monero survive dips pretty well. Invest in both to reduce the risks.
Neo is doing pretty great and y the loos of that it will have a great future ahead
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:52:20 PM

The altcoins for sure can make you profit so much than just holding your money in btc, but at the same time alts can make you lose too much money within a short time.
mr_enoc

Activity: 276

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:04:41 AM

It depends, but with altcoins you can make money much more faster than if you just put all your money on bitcoin. I do not think that bitcoin will make a x2 soon, and with some altcoins you can easily do it in a few days.

It is so much hard to decide what is the best investment are you going to do because trading moves or decision varies from the time, price and daily news about bitcoin.  But I guess both are good way to invest that will surely get some profit.

hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:15:03 AM

Bitcoin is the best digital coins in the crypto world due to the fact of having the highest value. The second coin is the ethereum, it keeps on proving its potential and capabilities of having second to the highest value which next to bitcoin. Most of the community accepted and trusted bitcoin because this is safe and secured and it is more profitable than any other coins.
marjon

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:02:44 AM

The simple answer is hold Bitcoin or Ethereum for a long-term purpose and you can sleep safe and sound. Don't disclose yourself somehow to take advantage to invest or get free coins from new ICOs or buy Altcoins ( Other Cryptos) as it still give you profit. But you must be watchful for this time as most altcoins really fail to fulfill its goal for longevity.
gladiusnl

Activity: 223

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:05:46 AM

I only suggest you to go with Bitcoin because Altcoin has a really big volatility that if you know well about it you won't risk it .
Qwantoom

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:40:23 AM

40% btc and 60% altcoin.
mnafta

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:43:52 AM

I would say, if you are investing with small amounts, then it doesnt make sense to go too heavy into Bitcoin at this point.

Also, if you are investing with small amounts, then you can probably afford to lose these small amounts so altcoins are a better option. In general, I am big on some of the other smart contract platforms and chains, like Ethereum, Neo, Nexus. They are more advanced and have more room to grow.

So, in summary:

Start with some altcoins, some ICOs even (best to get in at presale), and then once you have made some decent earnings, rebalance the portfolio into Bitcoin at 30%.

Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:30:01 AM

other says altcoin maybe because of transaction fee of bitcoin that is too high for them that is why they prefer to used altcoin that has low cost of fee , but for me i go with bitcoin still .

in terms of investment for me bitcoin also since we witness how bitcoin price can be in the near future so it is better to invest now and earn someday with your investment of you are afraid to invest try holding .
cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:35:49 AM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?

For sure if you choose  many different Coins then you can go into an investment the more you invest the more you get profit. so, don't choose only one coin if you have capability to go an investment in different company go ahead don't hesitate to enter. but make sure your choose the best company and legit so that your effort become more progressive
SteelPaladin48

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:31:56 AM

The simple answer is hold Bitcoin or Ethereum for a long-term purpose and you can sleep safe and sound. Don't disclose yourself somehow to take advantage to invest or get free coins from new ICOs or buy Altcoins ( Other Cryptos) as it still give you profit. But you must be watchful for this time as most altcoins really fail to fulfill its goal for longevity.

Yeah correct, that is the most challenging part if we are going to swap for bitcoin we must find a good altcoin that will definitely make it through the market for a long time.
Prettyme

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:09:36 AM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?

Since I don't afford to buy bitcoin I will go to altcoins because you can earned it through joining signature campaign and social media campaign. After performing the task from campaign you will be rewarded with altcoin that will be traded to become bitcoin. So I chose both.

bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:34:59 AM

There is no silver bullet advice that make you profit in perpetuity in cryptocurrency, you just have to deal with issue regarding bitcoin and altcoin as they come. Bitcoin is going through price correction right now and if you ask me what to do, I will say this is the best time to doubke down on your investment in bitcoin and some quality altcoin!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:12:25 PM

Alts are more lucrative. But every dip they fall harder. Although large cap coins like Ethereum, Dash, Monero survive dips pretty well. Invest in both to reduce the risks.
The thing is, it is always nice to have diversified portfolio because it reduces your chances of going in loss with digital currencies. As we all know that bitcoin is the father of all digital currencies and it has the largest market among all coins. We should invest maximum of our funds into bitcoin because it is capable of returning more than what we had invested. For a safe side, invest some money into famous altcoins.
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:40:32 PM

It's good to invest in altcoin, there's ETH or Litecoin, whichever you think is good and cheaper invest for it. otherwise, you may also choose bitcoin if you have enough capital, though pricey it doesn't matter cause it will give you high return.

fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:43:17 PM

Previously i am favor with bitcoin, and now it turns out that alt-coins has also great potential to earn good profit, this makes me decide to put all my attention in alt coin. Who knows this is the only way to fulfill my needs:)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:00:27 PM

It's still not too late to invest in BTC, even if the market price is really high at the moment. You could still spare a good amount of investment in buying them and HOLD, which I'm also currently doing. Besides, we are nearing the last month of 2017 (December), and if you are not aware, it is forecast-ed that the market price will reach $10,000 or even more. Heck, it is already $9.8k as of this typing.  Shocked You can also experiment investing with Altcoins, which I believe will survive, once after the BTC price surge is over and remain constant.

BTC still has good value in it to invest ot buy. In fact, it is not the best time to buy and hold because the value has been down around 40% since last month. Also, to choose in where to invest, you should try to categorize the kind, is it short term or long term you want. You should also plan the profit margin you want to get. BTC is more of a long term venture, while most altcoins are for short term.

iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:20:27 PM

Bitcoin investment is safer and altcoins investment can give you more profit but it's riskier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: