Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:22:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoin  (Read 6282 times)
liivii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:50:20 AM

Bitcoin and alt coins have their pros and cons so having both will secure you a good profit in the future if you manage them carefully.

Bitcoin is the main coin as of now so having it at least 60% of your capital is a smart move to start, bitcoin is a long term investment so you need patience and it takes time for you too see the fruit of your work.

While on the other hand alt coins are for short term only meaning you really have to monitor the movement of the coins you'd buy because in just a matter of hours you can lose or earn from it. Maybe 40% is the ideal capital for alt coins and you must split it to 3-4 kinds of coins for better result.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:55:31 AM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?

I prefer to buy bitcoin then I use to trade in altcoin because by playing altcoin you can grow the assets you have and if you play bitcoin and altcoin then you can benefit from both.
ART4815

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:00:22 AM

"If bitcoin is “digital gold”, then forking and copy-pasting are successful forms of “digital alchemy”.

Although no government or central bank can control cryptocurrency`s supply, in fact it is endless, while value of Bitcoin is based on perceived scarcity only. What is why forking and cloning may have devastating effects. To be fair, Bitcoin is scarce on the Bitcoin blockchain, but all technologies are public property and blockchain can be forked, cloned and its technology copy-paste.

Bitcoin sometimes is regarded as digital gold. However, gold is in truly limited supply. There are already several actual Bitcoin forks and, theoretically, the number of clones and close substitutes are unlimited. Just imagine that alchemy can successfully clone gold and create very close substitutes, some of which have even more attractive properties than gold itself.

How will this affect the value of gold? " Alfa Rating https://t.me/alfarating
Aprodite

Activity: 364
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:29:49 AM

if to invest long term I prefer bitcoin. but if to trade I would choose Altcoin. But all that back to yourself, because now too many options to buy coin. everything can go up and down at any time, no one can predict
Marina17

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:43:00 AM

Altcoins can give a lot more profit than bitcoin. For example, just look at wanchain, binance coin, they're just yelling about how undervalued nowadays.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:45:54 AM

At this moment, altcoins are all striking back. Invest in altcoin forget btc for now because it's now resting before making another jump. My portfolio increased in 200% in just 2 weeks with altcoins.
tukang_rosok

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:47:49 AM

At this moment, altcoins are all striking back. Invest in altcoin forget btc for now because it's now resting before making another jump. My portfolio increased in 200% in just 2 weeks with altcoins.
that sounds good.not every profesional trader could make that profits.without research we could not find tokens or coins that would give us big profits.
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:13:20 AM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?

I prefer to trade altcoin because altcoin prices are still very cheap and have a very good developer team of course will be able to trigger altcoin price increase and can be very expensive which means it can provide very much profit.
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:18:03 AM

I have an opinion and an option if I want to get a short-term gain I chose altcoin but if I want a long-term investment I choose bitcoin because bitcoin is currently one of the best long-term and safe coins.

Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

Investing in altcoyins is a more risky occupation. Investing in altcoyins makes sense for short distances. If we talk about a longer investment, I would choose Bitcoin. Bitcoin is safer to invest for long distances.
Coin_Tracker01

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:20:46 PM

I believe that at the present time, the best choice for the trade is bitcoin. It can be seen that the prices of bitcoin and latcoin are constantly changing in the past few days and there are no signs of recovery. So in order to minimize the risk, I think you should invest in bitcoin at this time. Bitcoins are in the $ 7800 range and continue to fall, so you can wait to get bitcoin at the best price.

Well I am a long term hodler of some altcoins, but the market is so bad now, I wonder if not move to fiat most of it even with these prices. I\m worried that now is the second bubble burst happening like in dot com bubble and that from now on it is a downhill ride until it eventually very slowly comes back up.
INBOT

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:38:07 PM

Inbot Intoken is an alt to consider.

InToken is a cryptocurrency for business referrals and introductions. We have a global community of ambassadors who help companies get introduced to customers. Inbot Ambassador is an AI-powered platform for trusted introductions. Our community helps businesses build trusted relationships with customers, starting with a warm introduction to the right decision makers.

More info and register https://inbot.io/join/r1Kvm80NG or https://t.me/intoken
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:43:50 PM

Actually for now I am holding altcoins instead of btc. Since btc is in dump there are some alts that are really surviving and there is also pump when you actually do trade everyday. Bitcoin is now stable in it's dump stages and I transfer all my money in potential alts.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:46:27 PM

I'd prefer bitcoin as I can be more assured of my investments to be in good amount in the future but seeing the difference of bitcoin to other cryptos, you should be aware that you are in for a long term investment. Right now, it is good to consider investing on great projects that has a huge potential in the crypto community. You can earn faster in altcoins that in bitcoin because alts has a higher chance of going 0-100% of profit.
Well, I think we choose altcoin or bitcoin is depending on the situation and the timing, that gives us a better source of income, instead of holding only one in both, typical as now, Bitcoin is probably a good choice when prices are becoming too cheap. However, if the price of bitcoin becomes too high, we should use bitcoin to buy altcoin because the price of altcoin at that time is low, when it bounces back, we will have more bitcoin, in short, trading is a job that requires conversion and proper strategy for each stage, we can not just focus on something, it will make opportunity to make money becomes less

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:44:14 PM

Diversify, diversify, diversify....

Don't put all your money on a single asset.

I'm betting a lot on some PoS assets, like DMD, and also on ETH (because it will move to PoS)

BTC is of no importance on my present portfolio, I'm really betting on altcoins!

chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:28:19 PM

Any will do as long as you can handle both. Bitcoin price this present day is still dropping but it is too early to conclude that bitcoin is no longer a good coin for investment. I still have small investments in it and hopeful that before the year ends it bounces back.On the other hand, I made some investment  also to some altcoins that has the capacity to develop or gives more profit in the future. Having both makes me feel better hoping that when one drops the other rises.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:37:21 PM

Since you plan to invest in Eth or Ltc then there's nothing to worry about because they are also trustworthy coins. But before proceeding, make sure which side makes you feel more comfortable to deal with. If you are good in trading then there are no problems at all but if not then better for you to stick with btc first because this is much easier to handle.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Dwarf42

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:39:32 PM

I think bitcoin is a much safer option at this time, bitcoin and altcoin prices are constantly adjusting in the past few days. So if you invest in altcoin and fail while the bitcoin price is decreasing then you will suffer double losses, the losses will be much larger than the bitcoin trade but lost. Therefore, bitcoin is the safest choice and the lowest risk at the moment. The market is constantly fluctuating so you need to have specific plans before you intend to invest in order to be able to handle all possible situations.
NickoCrypto

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 07:57:01 AM

Just buy deeponion and hold, complete anonymity, simple  Smiley
Coin_Tracker01

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:09:38 AM

Since you plan to invest in Eth or Ltc then there's nothing to worry about because they are also trustworthy coins. But before proceeding, make sure which side makes you feel more comfortable to deal with. If you are good in trading then there are no problems at all but if not then better for you to stick with btc first because this is much easier to handle.

I would object to that. I don't think Litecoin is a trustworthy coin, especially since Charlee Lee is a scammer/insider trader. People should be more careful about him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: