Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451970 times)
moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:30:53 PM

Cant you do a mass payment to everyone and just pay one small miners fee? Im not 100 percent on how it works, but I think if you keep adding addresess to send to, you only have to pay one small fee instead of paying for each one. With bitcoin-QT  you can just keep adding the recipient and then add the amount. A properly done excel spreadsheet should make this pretty easy to do..

But, I think your right not to trust bitfunder to send the coins, who knows what they are up to...

What is exactly wrong with Bf sending out the dividends?
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:37:34 PM

Cant you do a mass payment to everyone and just pay one small miners fee? Im not 100 percent on how it works, but I think if you keep adding addresess to send to, you only have to pay one small fee instead of paying for each one. With bitcoin-QT  you can just keep adding the recipient and then add the amount. A properly done excel spreadsheet should make this pretty easy to do..

But, I think your right not to trust bitfunder to send the coins, who knows what they are up to...

I dont know why, but with the way they handled things, im not sure If I would trust them. Maybe doing a small test, make sure it works, if it goes without a hitch then send thru bitfunder.. I think hes just being cautious...
Lab_Rat (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 04:39:15 PM

I dont know why, but with the way they handled things, im not sure If I would trust them. Maybe doing a small test, make sure it works, if it goes without a hitch then send thru bitfunder.. I think hes just being cautious...

Someone sent me an email earlier this week that they have BTC that got swallowed between WeExchange and BitFunder the other day... I think I'll avoid that.

bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:46:39 PM

I think the problem they had was with 2 factor authentication. I have heard others that have had issues with it. I Dont hold any other assets on bitfunder so I have  no idea if the others are receiving their dividends fine.. Maybe those that have received thru bitfunder/weexchange should chime in and tell us if they have had any issues the last few days...

Still, I think its better to be safe than sorry....
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:50:10 PM

I think the problem they had was with 2 factor authentication. I have heard others that have had issues with it. I Dont hold any other assets on bitfunder so I have  no idea if the others are receiving their dividends fine.. Maybe those that have received thru bitfunder/weexchange should chime in and tell us if they have had any issues the last few days...

Still, I think its better to be safe than sorry....

I get daily dividends from Graet.Loan with no problem for the last 120 days.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:52:31 PM

So, if I don't get a dividend, does it get accumulated for the next time? Since I have less than 20 shares
bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:14:06 PM

I just did a quick count, so I could be wrong, there are about 1667 bonds in total that wont be paid because they hold 20 or less bonds.. Granted, I could have made a mistake, but i just did a quick count.. If others aren't having any issues (I also havent heard anyone complain on the forums that they havent received their dvidends) then it may be worth a shot. but, thats zachs decision.

How will the unpaid dividends be used? and the fees? Not like we are talking about a lot of money, but I like transparency...
bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:21:34 PM

So, if I don't get a dividend, does it get accumulated for the next time? Since I have less than 20 shares

He hasn't made that clear, but it would make sense. but on the other hand, he is charging .025btc to do this by hand, so im thinking that you wont receive ANY dividend because that would mean I dont get paid but you will if he rolls it over.. so, from his wording, those that have 20 shares or less wont receive anything since he is charging that fee, you dont even have enough to pay the fee. so if he rolls you over to next week, what about those that have more than 20 shares? he cant roll everyones dividends over.. so my guess is that you wont get anything unelss you have at least 21 bonds...
CumpsD

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:38:04 PM

He hasn't made that clear, but it would make sense. but on the other hand, he is charging .025btc to do this by hand, so im thinking that you wont receive ANY dividend because that would mean I dont get paid but you will if he rolls it over.. so, from his wording, those that have 20 shares or less wont receive anything since he is charging that fee, you dont even have enough to pay the fee. so if he rolls you over to next week, what about those that have more than 20 shares? he cant roll everyones dividends over.. so my guess is that you wont get anything unelss you have at least 21 bonds...

Sounds even less fair, that would imply everyone with less than 20 is better of selling them since they will receive 0.
bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:42:15 PM

Sounds even less fair, that would imply everyone with less than 20 is better of selling them since they will receive 0.

He did state that this is temporary and by next week or the week after, he should have it straightened out.. This is something that He will have to address as Im just making assumptions from what I read..
CumpsD

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:45:37 PM

He did state that this is temporary and by next week or the week after, he should have it straightened out.. This is something that He will have to address as Im just making assumptions from what I read..

Agreed, I'm just saying you can't go and treat shareholders differently based on the amount of bonds they hold.

Much better to hold all dividends temporarly, and then when it's fixed pay everyone a big dividend.

I hope Lab Rat recognizes this and the bad reputation it would bring to his otherwise great operation.
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:51:35 PM

Well...

LabRat asset-list address number : 391
Remove the 2 or 3 LabRat address and you have maybe 388. (correct me if you have the good numbers)

388*0.025BTC = 9.7BTC...

9.7BTC for this week and maybee the next.

Sorry but 9.7BTC for manual payout when Bitcoind API's are here to send multiple paiement with a file, i found this very expensive.  Cry
bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:55:31 PM

Well...

Remove the 2 or 3 LabRat address and you have maybe 388. (correct me if you have the good numbers)

388*0.025BTC = 9.7BTC...

Sorry but 9.7BTC for manual payout when Bitcoind API's are here to send multiple paiement with a file, i found this very expensive.  Cry

Yep, your numbers are almost identical to mine. Remember, there are a lot of holders that hold 20 or less, but your numbers still turn out to be the same since holders with less than 20 bonds wont be receiving any dividends... so, yes, it will be right around 10 coins it will cost us to do this manually.. 
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:04:48 PM

Here a good start for LabRat  ==>

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tree/master/contrib/spendfrom

and here :

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

Look at "sendfrom" and "sendtoaddress"

Make a script or a batch and "Voilà" Wink
bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:10:03 PM

Lol, I was just going to post the same thing from another site.. but this would do the job and only take a few minutes to do.... THis is just one of many programs that I have found...
bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:23:30 PM

Agreed, I'm just saying you can't go and treat shareholders differently based on the amount of bonds they hold.

Much better to hold all dividends temporarly, and then when it's fixed pay everyone a big dividend.

I hope Lab Rat recognizes this and the bad reputation it would bring to his otherwise great operation.

Hes not treating the bond holders any differently. The only reason Im going to receive dividends is because I hold more than 20. If I held less, than i wouldnt receive anything. Im also paying the fee, so he is not favoring the big bond holders more than the smaller ones...
CumpsD

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:27:21 PM

Hes not treating the bond holders any differently. The only reason Im going to receive dividends is because I hold more than 20. If I held less, than i wouldnt receive anything. Im also paying the fee, so he is not favoring the big bond holders more than the smaller ones...

Ofcourse he is, you are receiving dividends mined with funds also coming from bonds bought by people with less than 20.

If he would treat them the same, you would have to choice to accept dividend with a fee, or let it accumulate until it is high enough (to either pay the fee, or maybe the fee will be gone by then)

I realise you are defending your point of view since you have more than 20 bonds and are happy to receive dividend, this is not a big guys vs little guys type of argument, you give everyone the same choice and then everyone is happy because it's a fair system.
Lab_Rat (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 06:29:42 PM

Well...

388*0.025BTC = 9.7BTC...

Sorry but 9.7BTC for manual payout when Bitcoind API's are here to send multiple paiement with a file, i found this very expensive.  Cry

It was not 9.7BTC charged.  It was closer to 5 or 6.  I also do not hold any bonds whatsoever at this moment (even on the issuer account, which is my only account).

I can assure you I don't want to waste another Saturday sending out dividends manually and should have an automated payout in place by next week.

The other way I could have charged a fee is by % and then I have the guys holding thousands of bonds jumping down my throat. Either way it's unfair to someone.  My apologies, but at least I'm paying out dividends instead of looking for a way to jump ship like half the other issuers on BitFunder.

bigasic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:50:05 PM

"Ofcourse he is, you are receiving dividends mined with funds also coming from bonds bought by people with less than 20.

If he would treat them the same, you would have to choice to accept dividend with a fee, or let it accumulate until it is high enough (to either pay the fee, or maybe the fee will be gone by then)

I realise you are defending your point of view since you have more than 20 bonds and are happy to receive dividend, this is not a big guys vs little guys type of argument, you give everyone the same choice and then everyone is happy because it's a fair system."

-------------------------

Im trying to see your logic.. I payed the same as everyone.. just because I hold more than 20 I received a payout. I still had to pay the .025 

I lost 20 bonds to the dividend payout just like everyone else did. Just because I hold a lot more than 20, I dont see how thats being unfair to the small shareholders. Also, I never said I was happy, I still lost .025btc, just like the guy that had 10 bonds.. Technically, I lost more than the guy holding 10. Trust me, im not that thrilled about paying for the privilege to receive a dividend, but it is what it is.. Do I think the cost to do the this should have been less, yes, i do...

So, it doesnt matter if you held 20 bonds or 5000, everyone paid the same..
moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:52:46 PM

Someone sent me an email earlier this week that they have BTC that got swallowed between WeExchange and BitFunder the other day... I think I'll avoid that.

If this happened and did not get resolved then it is a serious reliability issue with Bf. I have never had any problem like that. On the other hand, recently Ukyo failed to pay dividends on Ukyo.Loan for a few days which also does not look good.

There is also one thing that I noticed in the asset list. Sometimes it happens that the same btc address appeared not only once in the list for the same asset, with different numbers of shares. I assume that in these cases one has to sum the numbers. Some weeks ago I PM-ed to Ukyo about this but did not get any reply and this is still there. Technically it might not be a problem but it is strange.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: