Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:54:44 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 05:00:53 PM by tacotime

Okay, shots of the busted board and the rest of the rig are here: http://imgur.com/a/WCu0k

The heatsinks on the bottom left of the card look close to some of the live voltage regulation points, but I can ensure you that it is not touching them

Edit: Sent in RMA request, let's see how smooth this goes!  Cheesy

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:12:41 PM

Okay, shots of the busted board and the rest of the rig are here: http://imgur.com/a/WCu0k

The heatsinks on the bottom left of the card look close to some of the live voltage regulation points, but I can ensure you that it is not touching them

Edit: Sent in RMA request, let's see how smooth this goes!  Cheesy

Well at the moment I am pretty frustrated and unsure what to do. I am getting about 372 with a full rig, 5 cards sitting at 0, 1 at 8gh. I have a box fan on them, plus 6 120MM fans, and Heat sinks as Goxed recommended. I was very careful not to let them touch anything they shouldn't, However none of that has helped, 5-6 cards just poop out after an hour or so of mining.

Not sure how to proceed at this point. I sent in an RMA to see if Mega can help.
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:13:44 PM

Edit: Sent in RMA request, let's see how smooth this goes!  Cheesy

Well at the moment I am pretty frustrated and unsure what to do. I am getting about 372 with a full rig, 5 cards sitting at 0, 1 at 8gh. I have a box fan on them, plus 6 120MM fans, and Heat sinks as Goxed recommended. I was very careful not to let them touch anything they shouldn't, However none of that has helped, 5-6 cards just poop out after an hour or so of mining.

Not sure how to proceed at this point. I sent in an RMA to see if Mega can help.

Sounds like the same problem I am having with my bad card.  The only thing I can think of is something faulty with the thermal regulation.  Weirdly, sometimes when I ssh the chips are all fine, other times they throw errors.  My guess is that they are all fine, but something is faulty elsewhere in the board.

The only other thing I can recommend is reseating them all over the place and seeing if it helps.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:14:57 PM

Tacotime, have u tried undervolting with a pencil? "Pencil mod" the resistor above the R01f resistor (don't remember the number). It should reduce the voltage and is easily reversible.
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:16:44 PM

Tacotime, have u tried undervolting with a pencil? "Pencil mod" the resistor above the R01f resistor (don't remember the number). It should reduce the voltage and is easily reversible.

These have adjustable pots on them, but I don't think I'm going to bother... all the other boards hash stably at 0.860 V for 12 h now, why shouldn't this one?

The board also gives as valid nonces for a few minutes as all the other ones at 33+ GH/s, it just clocks down and then shuts off like clockwork each time.

Code:
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

Sounds like the same problem I am having with my bad card.  The only thing I can think of is something faulty with the thermal regulation.  Weirdly, sometimes when I ssh the chips are all fine, other times they throw errors.  My guess is that they are all fine, but something is faulty elsewhere in the board.

The only other thing I can recommend is reseating them all over the place and seeing if it helps.

Ill definitely try that once I am able to. I have moved the worst ones to the end of the m-board, maybe I should mix them in to the middle and see if I can find a sweet spot.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:33:34 PM

Any updates? I'm still waiting on two October orders.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:40:06 PM

You could try running the bad card on its own using different slots to see if there are any changes in stability between them.
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:41:26 PM

Hi guys - a couple quick notes on some of the themes I've been seeing in emails & forum threads:

-new cards are factory overclocked to .865v.  You shouldn't have to turn them up from there - though you could turn them down if you want.
-a fully overclocked rig will do 575G - 600G with proper cooling.  By proper, I mean use the three fan power headers on the M-board.  Point an additional box fan at it for good measure.  Don't run it in a 90-degree basement Tongue
-if your rig is too hot, you will see cards thermal-cycling.  Hashrate will be good, then drop to zero or very low for a while, then go high, back to zero, etc.

The mining software has been tuned for the V3 rigs.  Basically the speed parameter is turned down from 55 to 52.  Here's a link to the V3 chainminer software:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qtykkb1tyosbykw/CVrcVszQyy

A link to the new image is coming soon - this has the changes Jared made for the network settings and the smart IP assignment bits.

I've disabled store sales - we've still got old-style H-cards and M-boards, as well as V3 stuff, but new prices are coming.  As soon as I put the wraps on the accounting for the last cycle, we'll put up more product at the new (much) lower prices.

The credit card merchant account continues to be "almost activated".  I've been told repeatedly that there are no blocking problems, but the process is slow.  Makes me wish I could use Stripe Sad  I hope to have credit card processing in place prior to opening new store sales.

Thanks for your patience and emails of support!
Regards,
Dave

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:46:03 PM

Ill definitely try that once I am able to. I have moved the worst ones to the end of the m-board, maybe I should mix them in to the middle and see if I can find a sweet spot.

One thing worth looking at is the .stat.log - its located here: /run/shm/.stat.log - at the bottom is a card summary.  If you are seeing high miso-err or spi-err from a card, its introducing noise.  That card will drag down any cards following it in its bank.  Try placing that card in the last position of any bank and it shouldn't affect its neighbors.  If it still won't play nice, RMA it - log into your megabigpower.com account and go through the Returns process.

Dave

zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:47:01 PM

Hi guys - a couple quick notes on some of the themes I've been seeing in emails & forum threads:

-new cards are factory overclocked to .865v.  You shouldn't have to turn them up from there - though you could turn them down if you want.
-a fully overclocked rig will do 575G - 600G with proper cooling.  By proper, I mean use the three fan power headers on the M-board.  Point an additional box fan at it for good measure.  Don't run it in a 90-degree basement Tongue
-if your rig is too hot, you will see cards thermal-cycling.  Hashrate will be good, then drop to zero or very low for a while, then go high, back to zero, etc.

The mining software has been tuned for the V3 rigs.  Basically the speed parameter is turned down from 55 to 52.  Here's a link to the V3 chainminer software:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qtykkb1tyosbykw/CVrcVszQyy

A link to the new image is coming soon - this has the changes Jared made for the network settings and the smart IP assignment bits.

I've disabled store sales - we've still got old-style H-cards and M-boards, as well as V3 stuff, but new prices are coming.  As soon as I put the wraps on the accounting for the last cycle, we'll put up more product at the new (much) lower prices.

The credit card merchant account continues to be "almost activated".  I've been told repeatedly that there are no blocking problems, but the process is slow.  Makes me wish I could use Stripe Sad  I hope to have credit card processing in place prior to opening new store sales.

Thanks for your patience and emails of support!
Regards,
Dave

Woohoo, cant wait Smiley
bkpduke

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:50:55 PM

... but new prices are coming.  As soon as I put the wraps on the accounting for the last cycle, we'll put up more product at the new (much) lower prices. . .

Time to save my BTC for some more hardware Smiley
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:09:04 PM

I'd appreciate it if you'd ship my miners that were supposed to be delivered in October before lowering your prices. So I pay $8000 and get my rig this week/next week. Someone else pays say.. $4000 tomorrow and received their rig just a week later than me? Can you not see how anyone would have an issue with this?

I understand you need to lower your prices, but it is like a slap in the face to October orders that have not been delivered yet. Can $8000 October rig buyers switch their orders for later delivery and get store credit or something?
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:15:42 PM

I'd appreciate it if you'd ship my miners that were supposed to be delivered in October before lowering your prices. So I pay $8000 and get my rig this week/next week. Someone else pays say.. $4000 tomorrow and received their rig just a week later than me? Can you not see how anyone would have an issue with this?

I understand you need to lower your prices, but it is like a slap in the face to October orders that have not been delivered yet. Can $8000 October rig buyers switch their orders for later delivery and get store credit or something?

I agree.  Bitfury needs to protect the network for their October customers for a little while longer.  There will be no future generations worth purchasing if ASIC manufacturers keep irresponsibly moving so much TH out the door.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:26:45 PM

I agree.  Bitfury needs to protect the network for their October customers for a little while longer.  There will be no future generations worth purchasing if ASIC manufacturers keep irresponsibly moving so much TH out the door.

This is the way it is always going to be. If you go to the store and something is cheaper than it was yesterday when you bought it, do you throw a hissy fit? I can understand being pissed for not getting your stuff yet, but not complaining about dropping prices. They should stop selling stuff because you want some time before the price drops? Are all the other sellers going to take a break as well? If you have expectations of profit or fairness you are in the wrong game.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

This is the way it is always going to be. If you go to the store and something is cheaper than it was yesterday when you bought it, do you throw a hissy fit? I can understand being pissed for not getting your stuff yet, but not complaining about dropping prices. They should stop selling stuff because you want some time before the price drops? Are all the other sellers going to take a break as well? If you have expectations of profit or fairness you are in the wrong game.

I understand your point of view, and I knew there would be at least several responses along these lines.

"If you go to the store and something is cheaper than it was yesterday when you bought it, do you throw a hissy fit?" When I go to the store here to buy something, it is not a money making machine. I don't see how your example here relates, as buying a TV and buying a Bitcoin miner are two very different purchases for very different purposes.

"I can understand being pissed for not getting your stuff yet" Yes, this is my main grievance.

"but not complaining about dropping prices. They should stop selling stuff because you want some time before the price drops?" The problem is that I will not get ANY time... not even "some time" to mine before the price drops. He is talking about lowering the price and I haven't received anything yet.

"Are all the other sellers going to take a break as well?" - Obviously not, but each manufacturer should try to make it right by their previous customers, otherwise they will not be in business very long. Although this community is growing rapidly, it is still a small community and only so many bitcoin miners looking to purchase equipment. Especially after so many have been burned by previous manufacturers.

"If you have expectations of profit or fairness you are in the wrong game." I'm pretty sure that's why 99% of the people that buy mining equipment are looking for. The problem is, I just want to break even at this point. My expectations of profit went out the window when my Batch 3 Avalons only gained back 50% of their ROI to date (we have lost about 361 BTC up to this point.) All I want is to break even on my bitfury purchase, is that so much to ask?
ericdc30

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:52:49 PM

I plugged in my unit this morning Smiley

Noncerate: 579.391GH/s !!!!! Great job guys it's a very nice product!
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:34:02 PM

We're talking about the difference between $8K and $4K.  Not a lamp from wal-mart (which you can price match in 90 days anyway)

It's amazing how rude people are to others.  Yep, fuck fairness.  I got mine so screw everyone else.  You'd be singing a different tune if you were on the outside looking in I'm sure.
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:39:42 PM

Let's ship Oct orders faster and worry about lower price later Cheesy
Though I'm gonna hashing with it at 400Million, now it's 510M and not shipped.
optimator

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:58:35 PM

I plugged in my unit this morning Smiley

Noncerate: 579.391GH/s !!!!! Great job guys it's a very nice product!

Awesome hash rate! What are you cooling it with?

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: