Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:04:16 AM

can we please fuck off with the logos already?  We need to focus on something more significant to increase hardware sales, like a new group buy...

that is what excatly what i wanna say!!!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:23:25 AM

granitemouse:

Personally, I could not agree with you more. While everyone else has been arguing about FUD stuff, I was able to increase my holdings of ActM stock by 14%.

Like you, I believe in ActM for the long term.

In this bitcoin world, everyone seems far more impatient than in the Wall Street world. I realize that things move faster, technologies involve and change, and the difficulty rate increases. Nobody wants to get left behind putting their money into something that will become obsolete, or miss a better opportunity. I personally have accepted this current timeline and for me the eASIC announcement was enough to solidify my belief that this will pay off.

If some catastrophe were to occur and Ken was not able to deliver what he said he will, I will accept that this is a much riskier somewhat insane form of investing. If it pays off as big as I believe it will, that will be because this is a much riskier somewhat insane form of investing. Whereas I think more information is always helpful, I also personally don't feel entitled to the daily updates everyone is always wanting. I don't know to what things Ken wasn't listening to the board in order to have them all resign, but this is a very new thing and the board had not been in place for that long. I realize that despite these being virtual stock shares, this is not a public company subject to the same parameters. The board was put in place to advise Ken, and it sounded like they were doing that and in some regards progress was being made to bettering the company. To immediately resign perhaps is reflective of the expectations of immediate results that the bitcoin investing world seems to expect.

I am going to continue to trust Ken with the results I am expecting in the coming months. I expect the stock price to either sit or drift downwards until we have those results or until dividends begin to be paid on the presales. I realize this is probably at least six weeks out from now. This isn't so much a cheerleader mentality, but rather the mindset that I got into this expecting something big after the eASIC chips are made, and as far as I know that is in progress so I stopped worrying in the short term. Nobody wants to lose money. After the initial share walls fell and the price began to climb that felt great. When it began to sink I was first disheartened but then stopped worrying. I remembered that I didn't get in to this as a speculative daytrader leaping from stock to stock to make short term profits. I got in to this to reap the longer term rewards of the eASIC partnership and the product this company will manufacture. Nothing has happened to discourage me from my belief that the future is still very bright in that regard.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
interJ

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:27:36 AM

Fully agreed. A+ post, from one lurker to another.

granitemouse:

Personally, I could not agree with you more. While everyone else has been arguing about FUD stuff, I was able to increase my holdings of ActM stock by 14%.

In this bitcoin world, everyone seems far more impatient than in the Wall Street world. I realize that things move faster, technologies involve and change, and the difficulty rate increases. Nobody wants to get left behind putting their money into something that will become obsolete, or miss a better opportunity. I personally have accepted this current timeline and for me the eASIC announcement was enough to solidify my belief that this will pay off.

If some catastrophe were to occur and Ken was not able to deliver what he said he will, I will accept that this is a much riskier somewhat insane form of investing. If it pays off as big as I believe it will, that will be because this is a much riskier somewhat insane form of investing. Whereas I think more information is always helpful, I also personally don't feel entitled to the daily updates everyone is always wanting. I don't know to what things Ken wasn't listening to the board in order to have them all resign, but this is a very new thing and the board had not been in place for that long. I realize that despite these being virtual stock shares, this is not a public company subject to the same parameters. The board was put in place to advise Ken, and it sounded like they were doing that and in some regards progress was being made to bettering the company. To immediately resign perhaps is reflective of the expectations of immediate results that the bitcoin investing world seems to expect.

I am going to continue to trust Ken with the results I am expecting in the coming months. I expect the stock price to either sit or drift downwards until we have those results or until dividends begin to be paid on the presales. I realize this is probably at least six weeks out from now. This isn't so much a cheerleader mentality, but rather the mindset that I got into this expecting something big after the eASIC chips are made, and as far as I know that is in progress so I stopped worrying in the short term. Nobody wants to lose money. After the initial share walls fell and the price began to climb that felt great. When it began to sink I was first disheartened but then stopped worrying. I remembered that I didn't get in to this as a speculative daytrader leaping from stock to stock to make short term profits. I got in to this to reap the longer term rewards of the eASIC partnership and the product this company will manufacture. Nothing has happened to discourage me from my belief that the future is still very bright in that regard.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:39:02 AM

granitemouse:

ACTIVE-MINING 4 LIFE!
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:40:27 AM

I'd guess that management at these companies will do fine, but their shareholders will not.
Exactly.

Subject: ActiveMining’s virtual “Board of Advisors” Stand Down
TL;DR We have pumped the stock enough, it doesn't work anymore, let's screw investors elsewhere!

That is our (ffssixtynine lolstate vbs lewicki) public resignation letter.
Didn't have lewicki in my shill list yet. Done! At least this thread has its use.

To the first point, are we supposed to be impressed that there is a bet that a whopping 11 people have taken part of, and 55% (6) feel that ActiveMining will be a profitable investment?  Wow, that is some grade A logic there.

Second... How does lewicki stating that he is resigning his post as a board member qualify him as a shill?

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:53:59 AM

Didn't have lewicki in my shill list yet. Done! At least this thread has its use.

That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

I was on the board of advisors for ActiveMining, now I'm not.
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:54:57 AM

That word; I don't think it means what you think it means.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:13:12 AM

To the first point, are we supposed to be impressed that there is a bet that a whopping 11 people have taken part of, and 55% (6) feel that ActiveMining will be a profitable investment?  Wow, that is some grade A logic there.
The sums show confidence. Otherwise you could just do 10000 0.0001 bets yourself, how would that be valid?
Given the odds, it doesn't even makes sense to vote No now - the potential gains are too low. But any cheerleader can actually prove he believes in InactiveMining and more than double his money.

I commit myself to at least match the Yes side, anyway.

Second... How does lewicki stating that he is resigning his post as a board member qualify him as a shill?
Okay, let's just call that list "dishonest assholes who are there only to mess up the minds of noobvestors".
And it's not about resigning, it's about past actions.

And with that, pankkake has officially made the Ignore list.  I tend to try to hear valid criticism as much as possible from people, and I have resisted the urge to do it for some time, but he is obviously here to do nothing but troll. 

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:22:41 AM

To the first point, are we supposed to be impressed that there is a bet that a whopping 11 people have taken part of, and 55% (6) feel that ActiveMining will be a profitable investment?  Wow, that is some grade A logic there.
The sums show confidence. Otherwise you could just do 10000 0.0001 bets yourself, how would that be valid?
Given the odds, it doesn't even makes sense to vote No now - the potential gains are too low. But any cheerleader can actually prove he believes in InactiveMining and more than double his money.

Okay, let's just call that list "dishonest assholes who are there only to mess up the minds of noobvestors".

And with that, pankkake has officially made the Ignore list.  I tend to try to hear valid criticism as much as possible from people, and I have resisted the urge to do it for some time, but he is obviously here to do nothing but troll. 

ICYDK: Hire a troll
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 03:34:03 AM

That's right, ignore everyone who doesn't validate your groupthink!

Too bad you can't ignore the market, and what it has to say WRT ACTM via Bitfunder/BTCT.

Welcome to Bagholderstan, population you.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MilkyLep

Activity: 583

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:13:12 AM

Good luck with your future endeavors gentlemen. Thank you for the time and dedication you invested into ActiveMining the past month.

I keep returning to this though.

- Reduced emphasis on the CEO being the key decision maker across all areas of the business. In particular, we strongly recommend that ActiveMining hires new staff in key areas.

Perhaps someone, excluding ignored trolls, could elaborate as to whether or not this refers to positions outside of Marketing/PR?

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:18:47 AM

Good luck with your future endeavors gentlemen. Thank you for the time and dedication you invested into ActiveMining the past month.

I keep returning to this though.

- Reduced emphasis on the CEO being the key decision maker across all areas of the business. In particular, we strongly recommend that ActiveMining hires new staff in key areas.

Perhaps someone, excluding ignored trolls, could elaborate as to whether or not this refers to positions outside of Marketing/PR?

This would be a good time for Ken to come on and help us out a little.

Ken, now you have the refund from Avalon can this be used to get some skilled employees onboard?

Thanks.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:01:41 AM

Ken is doing sales, marketing, business, some r&d, and I'm unsure how much of the web is him and how much his web guy. That's too much and there is a lack of balance which leads to some of the public mistakes seen.

Sales and marketing is the big one. Beyond that, operations manager most likely - someone to keep things all working, help ensure there is planned decision making, fulfilment, project management, etc.

And despite ken defending him, a new web guy for certain. For whatever reason, the current guy is being defended but his poor work is damaging to the company's interests in our opinion. We got shown some other work of his and it was similarly terrible. He may be lovely  but he's rubbish and has no technical or design skills. Sorry, but this is a business and he isn't good enough.

I know ken disagrees but it's obvious to everyone else. That's part of the problem, ken doesn't see it and that's why he needs an op manager and/or sales and marketing guy who he will listen to.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:26:30 AM

Great, just great.
So I'm guessing it's been the Board that have been dumping all these shares this past week? WTF guys are you all going over to Labcoin now?

September 16, 2013

The reasons for our resignation are threefold:
1) Some members of the board wish to pursue other avenues within the Bitcoin world that are tied to potential conflicts of time and interest
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:37:18 AM

Great, just great.
So I'm guessing it's been the Board that have been dumping all these shares this past week? WTF guys are you all going over to Labcoin now?

September 16, 2013

1) Some members of the board wish to pursue other avenues within the Bitcoin world that are tied to potential conflicts of time and interest

Not Labcoin, no

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:52:06 AM

Great, just great.

September 16, 2013

dude, don´t be silly.
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:01:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Smiley

Ken is doing sales, marketing, business, some r&d, and I'm unsure how much of the web is him and how much his web guy. That's too much and there is a lack of balance which leads to some of the public mistakes seen.

Sales and marketing is the big one. Beyond that, operations manager most likely - someone to keep things all working, help ensure there is planned decision making, fulfilment, project management, etc.

And despite ken defending him, a new web guy for certain. For whatever reason, the current guy is being defended but his poor work is damaging to the company's interests in our opinion. We got shown some other work of his and it was similarly terrible. He may be lovely  but he's rubbish and has no technical or design skills. Sorry, but this is a business and he isn't good enough.

I know ken disagrees but it's obvious to everyone else. That's part of the problem, ken doesn't see it and that's why he needs an op manager and/or sales and marketing guy who he will listen to.

Like ffssixtynine said, the general advisory board sentiment was that most of the biz topics related to ActM/VMC were already vastly explored and advised on, so that as a whole the advisory board was starting to be ineffective, just like training wheels on a bike after you learn to ride it.

The most important conclusion is that Ken should get on-site help from qualified personnel, working as a team, so that communication and task assignment can be done at maximum efficiency. Smiley
coinfresh

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:03:48 AM

I like to argue on the Internet, and I'm offering my services on that matter.

So you just argue for the sake of arguing? Nice life. Your posts hold no value to me. Ignored.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:15:03 AM

anybody who actually "enjoys" arguing over the internet must have a very sad life.  Sad  I can't imagine he's making very much $ either, as trolling isn't exactly a booming industry as far as making money goes Cheesy.. he is probably scraping up just enough to pay his internet bill.  

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:27:49 AM

That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

shill (ʃɪl)

n.
1. a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house.
2. a person whose praises, endorsements, etc., are motivated by self-interest.  Bingo!
v.i.
3. to work as a shill: to shill for a large casino.
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: