Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:06:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:48:14 PM

Oh please.  This is just some nonsense "branding experts" spout in order to justify charging huge rates for basic design work.

Check out the design brief for the new logo Pepsi came up with a few years ago (and read the whole PDF).  It's total insanity like you wouldn't believe.

There is nothing wrong with crowdsourcing a design.  All that matters is that it looks good and fits the mood of what the company is trying to do. (the logo for monster energy wouldn't look as the logo for Charmin toilet paper, obviously).  But those things should be obvious to anyone with any design sense.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  Process of elimination is a design strategy that pros have been using for ages.  The same is said for marketing-photography as well.  When you look at a makeup add, what you see is a simple shot of a beautiful woman, staring longingly at you.  The truth is, to get that shot, a photographer and model spent hours in a studio, shooting through hundreds (if not thousands) of various poses and lighting setups, etc.  The photographer then spent several more hours in post production, weeding out all the "okay" ones and narrowing it down to just a few to present to the company.  

In the case of Pepsi, they redo their branding almost once every few years.  I am not going to argue in favor of the presentation, which is laughable.  Still, Pepsi is a multi-billion dollar company, and when a firm has the potential to lock in a several-million dollar design contract to do their refresh, they are going to say or do whatever it takes to get the board members on their side. Notice I said refresh and not design.  The Pepsi logo has maintained the same basic concept since the 50's.  At the end of the day, graphic design is art.  There are those who can appreciate it, and there are others who cannot.  People look at modern art all the time and say to themselves, "I could do that."  The problem is, they didn't do it.  I do not mean to come across as pretentious, but this is an area that I have worked in for quite awhile now.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stuartuk

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:50:31 PM

Fair enough TMAN I would consider that resolved and accept you over reacted rather than tried to spread fud.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:51:18 PM

So when we are up and running with a mining farm and delivering those pre-order sales, we will be in for...

(1)  A very, very large one off dividend payment whch includes the profits from all those pre-orders since the hardware started selling, up to the delivery of initial units, as well as normal weekly divs.

(2)  Normal weekly dividend payments which don't include those pre-orders sales that occured between the start of hardware sales and the paying of divs on harware sales, because those profits will be re-invested into the company.

(3)  A few larger than normal weekly divs which will see the profits from pre-orders sales that occured between the start of hardware sales and the paying of divs on hardware, spread evenly until normal divs resume.

(4)  Non of the above.

Discuss.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:54:20 PM

I only have one personal account on bitfunder which I use to trade in which I had before I started AMC/VMC.  I do have another account on bitfunder, but I have not made any trades for ActiveMining in that account.  When I said now above, I meant that I was in the process of purchasing shares, as you see from the listing of my account I had on 1.02 BTC which is from dividends.  I knew that I did not have very much in that account, so I was going to put some BTC into that account and purchase some shares.  I seen the post about not caring about the share price or having any shares and that is when I made that post.

I'm glad you have and are acquiring more shares of ACTM. It shows that you do have a stake in the share price. It's given me renewed confidence.

Just please, get some PR out to market! The world should know about this company!

I am working on hiring a PR firm.  Lot of things are going to be happening in the next few weeks and months.
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:01:19 PM

So when we are up and running with a mining farm and delivering those pre-order sales, we will be in for...

(1)  A very, very large one off dividend payment whch includes the profits from all those pre-orders since the harware started selling, up to the delivery of initial units, as well as normal weekly divs.

(2)  Normal weekly dividend payments which don't include those pre-orders sales that occured between the start of hardware sales and the paying of divs on harware sales, because those profits will be re-invested into the company.

(3)  A few larger than normal weekly divs which will see the profits from pre-orders sales that occured between the start of hardware sales and the paying of divs on hardware, spread evenly until normal divs resume.

(4)  Non of the above.

Discuss.

I vote for 1 or 3, this could make the share price growing some weeks before the miners are fully deployed. Everybody would came in to receive the large first dividends
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:04:24 PM

(1)  A very, very large one off dividend payment whch includes the profits from all those pre-orders since the harware started selling, up to the delivery of initial units, as well as normal weekly divs.

(4)  Non of the above.

Discuss.

We will be operating like a normal company, except we will have weekly dividends not quarterly dividends.  We will do the accounting for the previous month using normal accounting methods, if the accounting shows a profit, then we will declare a dividend allowing for some of the profit to be retained for growth per the description, this dividend then will be split over the number of weeks in the month that the dividend will be paid in.  AMC is paying the dividends, AMC is doing the mining, VMC is doing the manufacturing and of course is not making a profit at this point.  
SoylentCreek

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:04:33 PM

(4)  Non of the above.

Discuss.

I vote for 1 or 3, this could make the share price growing some weeks before the miners are fully deployed. Everybody would came in to receive the large first dividends

I would space the preorder profits out over a period of twelve weeks. So 3.  No sense in blowing your load right out of the gate.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:09:07 PM

Ken, the NDA is still up?

When can we expect chip details?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:27:52 PM

Ken, the NDA is still up?

When can we expect chip details?

eASIC's Nexteme-3 is not released, so we are still under NDA.  Only thing we can say about it, is what is in the Press Release.
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:33:34 PM

eASIC's Nexteme-3 is not released, so we are still under NDA.  Only thing we can say about it, is what is in the Press Release.

Has eASIC given a time frame for when this NDA will be put to rest?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:36:01 PM

(4)  Non of the above.

Discuss.

I would space the preorder profits out over a period of twelve weeks. So 3.  No sense in blowing your load right out of the gate.

We will have to have reserves for building the Pre-Ordered machines, as well as charges for the engineering, paying for the chips from eASIC, etc before any profit will be made.  There are a lot of expenses in manufacturing a product, of which a lot of those have to be paid up front, i.e eASIC NRE, Engineers NRE, manufacturing overhead and fixed expenses of manufacturing the product.  These charges will have to be charged back to the product based on the expected production numbers.  Yes, I do expect to make a good profit for shareholders, but do understand that there are a lot of expenses.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:37:50 PM

Has eASIC given a time frame for when this NDA will be put to rest?

It never will be; however, when they release their products on their website, then we can talk about them.
N_S

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:40:10 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:04:53 PM

Thanks board, sorry, Ken  Wink
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 11:27:03 PM

I only have one personal account on bitfunder which I use to trade in which I had before I started AMC/VMC.  I do have another account on bitfunder, but I have not made any trades for ActiveMining in that account.  When I said now above, I meant that I was in the process of purchasing shares, as you see from the listing of my account I had on 1.02 BTC which is from dividends.  I knew that I did not have very much in that account, so I was going to put some BTC into that account and purchase some shares.  I seen the post about not caring about the share price or having any shares and that is when I made that post.

stereotype, you saying Ken didn't write this?

Maybe you know nothing, and consider less.  Wink

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
SoylentCreek

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:38:27 PM

Ken, have you (or someone representing the company) ever considered doing an AMA on reddit.com/r/bitcoinstocks?

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 11:44:27 PM

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  Process of elimination is a design strategy that pros have been using for ages.  The same is said for marketing-photography as well.  When you look at a makeup add, what you see is a simple shot of a beautiful woman, staring longingly at you.  The truth is, to get that shot, a photographer and model spent hours in a studio, shooting through hundreds (if not thousands) of various poses and lighting setups, etc.  The photographer then spent several more hours in post production, weeding out all the "okay" ones and narrowing it down to just a few to present to the company.  

Obviously.  An artist (the photographer) is going to want to get the best shot. But that's an artist being an artist. They would do the same thing if they were taking a photo to be hung in a gallery. (Well depending on what kind of work they are doing)

That's different between sitting in a committee with a bunch of non-artists and coming up with tons of marketing-speak B.S. to justify exorbitant rates. That stuff isn't about the art, it's about selling art to people with no aesthetic sensibilities. If you have a good design sense you can tell if a logo is good, and whether or not it fits the brand just by looking at it.

Anyway, did some variations on my logo idea so you guys can see how it could look in different contexts:

here's another ray-traced version - this time the shadows aren't as prominent, although it's on a dark background.  The idea would be you'd use a large version of something like in splash images, etc.

And some cell shaded versions so you could see how it might look printed with a few colors/black and white

afrotec

Activity: 127

Coinnoisseur

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:48:58 PM

Ken, have you (or someone representing the company) ever considered doing an AMA on reddit.com/r/bitcoinstocks?

That would be awesome, great idea. But currently, there's not much activity there (though I'm sure this would create some), and also there's not a lot to talk about. Can't disclose things like chip specs and other details, so what would be the focus of the discussion?
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 11:54:15 PM

Oh, and here's another quick variation on the raytraced image with different light intensities -

(the 'sparkly' stuff is an artifact of the raytracing process that becomes more apparent if you adjust the lights in post)

afrotec

Activity: 127

Coinnoisseur

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:57:52 PM

Oh, and here's another quick variation on the raytraced image with different light intensities

(the 'sparkly' stuff is an artifact of the raytracing process that becomes more apparent if you adjust the lights in post)

Just curious, what application do you use to create these graphics?

They're cool, I like this latest rendering the best. It doesn't strike me as a typical company logo, but still very very cool
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: